PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 20th October

Courty
21st October 2008, 02:48 PM
Haven't started one of these for a looooooooong time.

Took an rdo today for a round with Haysey and Iain while he's in town.

The results are in...

Haysey: 36pts - left a few putts out there, had the potential to be a near 40pt round.
Courty: 33pts - a little inconsistent (as usual), but got there in the end.
Iain: 30pts - started off really well, but lost his way a bit on the back 9.

Jarro
21st October 2008, 02:49 PM
Nice shootin' Tim 8)

3oneday
21st October 2008, 02:57 PM
What putter ?

Courty
21st October 2008, 02:58 PM
What putter ?

He used a different one on each hole. :p

haysey
21st October 2008, 03:01 PM
Haysey: 36pts - left a few putts out there

Excuse for a new putter maybe:-k8)

Was a great way to spend a couple of hours.

It was a pleasure to meet Iain. He can certainly get it out there:shock: but I think he struggled a bit with the irons he was using (my spare set just doesn't suit 110+mph swing speeds:)).

Oh and thanks Jarro. One up for the bunters;)

Iain
21st October 2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the game boys, good to meet Haysey and have another game with Courty. Didn't play to bad, like Courty said, lost my way a bit on the back nine. But hit some great drives with Courty's tour burner and sq!!

Thanks again for the game and the lend of the clubs!

PeteyD
22nd October 2008, 11:08 AM
Scored +3 vPar at Reddy Bay today. 87/69 off the stick. Putting let me down a bit, with only one of the longer ones dropping. 3 doubles, 9 bogeys and 6 pars. 35 putts :smt013 . 9/14 Fairways, 5 GIR. Course played pretty easy so expect the CCR to come in low.

BrisVegas
22nd October 2008, 11:10 AM
good shooting peteyd. You're hitting some form in time for the champs.

PeteyD
22nd October 2008, 11:13 AM
Starting a new contract tomorow so mid week games go out the window!

Jarro
22nd October 2008, 11:29 AM
37 points around Nudgee South this morning with Perci.

Hit the ball well, but seeing as though the greens were recently done ... and were still covered in sand, it made putting a friggin joke !!

mike
22nd October 2008, 01:04 PM
Courty/Haysey/Iain, thanks for the invite.:smt022

3oneday
22nd October 2008, 01:12 PM
They probably thought you'd bring those dodgy tees :p

Iain
22nd October 2008, 01:16 PM

I was the guest, don't blame me!! :?

henno
22nd October 2008, 01:16 PM
They're probably non-conforming, so they would have requested you DQ yourself. :razz:

haysey
22nd October 2008, 05:32 PM
37 points around Nudgee South this morning with Perci.

Hit the ball well, but seeing as though the greens were recently done ... and were still covered in sand, it made putting a friggin joke !!

Well played Jarro, nicely done on sanded greens.

Oops...sorry Mike:oops:

Its all Courtys fault:lol:

Courty
22nd October 2008, 05:42 PM
Apologies Mike.

Its all Courtys fault:lol:

GGF. Iain initiated contact. The blame lies squarely with him. :p

haysey
22nd October 2008, 05:49 PM
GGF. Iain initiated contact. The blame lies squarely with him. :p

:mrgreen:

schanop
22nd October 2008, 07:40 PM
Had a quick nine before sunset today on Yowani back 9. The course is in a very good condition due to its club champ week. I didn't think much how to hit/how to play, but the score turned out well at 38. May be just hit it is the key for me at the moment.

Bruce
22nd October 2008, 08:05 PM
First round of the Vic Mid-Amateur at Sandhurst. Fairly testing conditions.

98/80 which has me inside the cut line. I hope I can hold on.

My short game isn't good enough to deal with pushup greens that hard and fast with pins in those positions. Hit the ball OK but struggled to finish.

AndyP
22nd October 2008, 09:04 PM
22/10/2008, Katherine Country Club, Social 9 holes.

2 pars.
5 bogeys.
2 others.
Score 45 nett 40 (Par 36 ACR 69/2)

I had another arvo hit in Katherine today, but this time I played from the 10th to 18th tees.

A wayward start for double wasn't nice, but I was inconsistent for the whole round, missing in both directions. Chipping has been poor too. There was some consolation with the driver being quite straight except for the first one.

Next round: I'll look at getting on RAAF Darwin on my way home on Friday.

Flowergirl
23rd October 2008, 08:49 AM
First round of the Vic Mid-Amateur at Sandhurst. Fairly testing conditions.

98/80 which has me inside the cut line. I hope I can hold on.

My short game isn't good enough to deal with pushup greens that hard and fast with pins in those positions. Hit the ball OK but struggled to finish.

So what course did you play BRuce. Aren't the greens hard to get anything to stick on.:shock:

Played semi finals of the clubs single matchplay. Played the most consistant player in our club - the match was tagged "Brains V Brawn" ( I wasn't the brain)
I couldn't keep a drive on the fairway - only two for the match - but boy have I learnt how to scramble my way out of problems. I was doing bunts that G69 would have been proud of!!! We were square at the turn - then it went 1 up to me - back to square..........anyway - get to the crunch - I won 2 up after a great putt on the 17th - game over.

Playing in the final next Thursday - have to give my opponent 15 shots.:smt093
My opponent from yesterday is caddying for me - which will be great.

Fingers crossed I can get my drives straight again.:shock:

chappy1970
23rd October 2008, 09:55 AM
Well done FG and good luck for the final.

You can do it.

Bruce
23rd October 2008, 01:29 PM
Nice work Reenie. And we are playing the Champion's Course at Sandhurst. A rather egregious example of housing taking precendent over the course - the North is better IMNSHO.

Second round of Vic Mid-Am.
What I picked up in course knowledge I gave back in penalties. I was swinging pretty ragged for the middle third. 98/80 - again.

MADE THE CUT!! - WOOHOO!!

Webster
23rd October 2008, 01:37 PM
You should sneak through Bruce, as the scores will continue to be quite high.

Very firm greens + 2-3 club wind + very tricky pins + crap golf = high scores all round!!

kev
23rd October 2008, 07:13 PM
MADE THE CUT!! - WOOHOO!!

Well done Bruce.

They don't give you much time between rounds tomorrow! Are you camping there overnight to make that start time? ;)

Bruce
23rd October 2008, 07:16 PM
I'll be out the door at 5:45.

Nearly time to hit the hay.

schanop
23rd October 2008, 07:44 PM
Had another quick nine before sun set at Yowani again. This time it was 39 on the front nine. The course is in a very good condition now.

Webster
23rd October 2008, 07:50 PM
I'll be out the door at 5:45.

Nearly time to hit the hay.

Well done Brucey...I knew you could do it. Feel free to use those Ozgolf champs donations balls and gloves if you need 'em tomorrow!

BrisVegas
23rd October 2008, 08:28 PM
good work bruce. Go low tomorrow!

Eag's
23rd October 2008, 09:43 PM
Top stuff FG & Bruce :smt038

Scottt
24th October 2008, 06:42 AM
Good shooting FG, Jarro and PeteyD.

How's this. My missus is a bridesmaid in a wedding tomorrow. The wedding starts at 2pm. I wasn't even going to try to play golf in the morning.

We're lying in bed last night and she says "are you going to play golf on Saturday morning?"

Me (not gonna get caught out...): No babe, the wedding starts at 2. I want to make sure I have plenty of time to get ready.
Her: It only starts at 2. You could get a round in before that, couldn't you?
Me (slightly nervous, not sure if it's a test...): Yeah... I guess.
Her: Excellent.
Me: Yeah, wow, sweet. Thanks!

So I'm cheering! 8.4 here I come!!

sms316
24th October 2008, 07:17 AM
Had another quick nine before sun set at Yowani again. This time it was 39 on the front nine. The course is in a very good condition now.
And about time too - although they still need to speed up the greens. Still think the greens staff need to be shown the door.

Flowergirl
24th October 2008, 07:52 AM
Good shooting FG, Jarro and PeteyD.

How's this. My missus is a bridesmaid in a wedding tomorrow. The wedding starts at 2pm. I wasn't even going to try to play golf in the morning.

We're lying in bed last night and she says "are you going to play golf on Saturday morning?"

Me (not gonna get caught out...): No babe, the wedding starts at 2. I want to make sure I have plenty of time to get ready.
Her: It only starts at 2. You could get a round in before that, couldn't you?
Me (slightly nervous, not sure if it's a test...): Yeah... I guess.
Her: Excellent.
Me: Yeah, wow, sweet. Thanks!

So I'm cheering! 8.4 here I come!!

Ok - first thing you do is ask how much those new shoes were. That will then explain everything. Trust me;)

BrisVegas
24th October 2008, 08:16 AM
are you married Scotttttt ? That sounds like the sorta crap a non-wife would pull.

PeteyD
24th October 2008, 08:18 AM
Or one with an interesting appointment

Scottt
24th October 2008, 08:22 AM
are you married Scotttttt ? That sounds like the sorta crap a non-wife would pull.

Not married. We've lived together for a few years, but no engagement or wedding yet. If she keeps this kinda stuff up she will be getting the ring soon.

Or one with an interesting appointment

Or not. She has to spend the morning with the bride, getting hair and make-up done.

PeteyD
24th October 2008, 08:25 AM
Interesting for her. Not so interesting for you.

Hux
24th October 2008, 10:53 AM

I'm laughing at you guys. My wife of 16 years is exactly the same. Conversations in our house go like this "I think I should join a club so I can play midweek". Her "That sounds great, which one" or "Boys are going shooting (or fishing) this weekend" "Well you better go - do you need me to get anything for you".

Anyway played a charity day at Redcliffe yesterday. shotgun start - 21 points for the 1st nine holes and fell AoverT for the last nine with 10 points (I have a heel problem that means after 9 holes my weight transfer is all over the place). I think I am going to be hriing a cart until it is resolved.

sms316
24th October 2008, 11:00 AM
I'm laughing at you guys. My wife of 16 years is exactly the same. Conversations in our house go like this "I think I should join a club so I can play midweek". Her "That sounds great, which one" or "Boys are going shooting (or fishing) this weekend" "Well you better go - do you need me to get anything for you".

Agreed.

A mate of mine can't play the club champs at the moment because "there is no way his wife will let him get away with playing both days on a weekend, 3 weekends in a row" (we played Albury the week before).

That is no way to live. Must be hard getting around with that big thumb print on his forehead.

jimandr
24th October 2008, 06:09 PM
I don't normally post my social rounds, but there isn't any other thread appropriate to post my weather stories.

I've been on holidays in Yamba for the last week. The first four days were fabulous in every respect. I saw my first ever whales as well.

On day 4 golf was the order of the late afternoon, at Iluka. I'd never played there before. Even though it was a nine-holer I paid my full 18 hole fee, intending to go around twice, using the alternate tees.

I played the 'front' nine, in a 2 club northerly sea breeze, and while walking between 9 and 10 the Southerly Buster change hit. 60-80 mph winds, tree branches falling off everywhere. Absolutely no prospect of more golf. I was about 4 over, hitting it OK but not great.

By the way, Iluka isn't as good as it could be. Typical country course that needs more money spent on it.

Day 5 was quite cool for the north coast, with a strong southerly blowing. Still OK for golf at the start. I couldn't get on at Yamba due to a Veterans Day, so I drove to Grafton. I'd never really been there before. I enjoyed the town, even the small hailstorm that hit while I was having lunch.

Paid my full 18 hole fee at Grafton, and I was pleasantly surprised by how sheltered the first few holes were. But the weather got steadily worse, and when some horizontal lightning lit up the sky very close to the course, again the plans for a full 18 were abandoned. I played 7 holes, and enjoyed them. I wouldn't mind giving Grafton another crack sometime. I started to hit the ball well, too.

So, two golf games, two 'did not finish' results.

Bruce
24th October 2008, 07:06 PM
3rd and 4th rounds of the Vic Mid-Am.

Morning 89/71. The third best nett round in the field an some of the best golf of my life. Left the driver in the bag when I nearly whiffed my first shot of the day with it and just whacked the 3W around. 2 birdies including the 195m 6th.

Afternoon 100/82. I was going alright till I got to my 33rd hole of the day and then hit the wall hard. The par 3 6th got its' revenge on me as I took a 9. I lost my composure a bit there and ended going 13 over from the 33rd to the 35 holes.

I was hard yakka and I am absolutely knackered now but I had a really good time. I won't be able to putt for a week or two now as the greens for the last few days were the fastest I've ever played on; I'll be leaving 8 feet putts 6 feet short at Mirboo.

3oneday
24th October 2008, 07:08 PM
Well done Bruce, you must feel satisfied 8)

Webster
24th October 2008, 07:14 PM
Well done bruce, and I agree it is a super tournament to play in. A huge effort from you to make the cut against a filed full of blokes with lower handicaps.

Rounds of 80/81/81/75 for me. My game is a mess and I badly need a tune up, but played alright in the arvo after a few pots at lunch and three cans on the front nine. The course played difficult all rounds with hard greens and tough pins / plenty of wind. Can't wait to do it all again next year.

Jarro
24th October 2008, 07:24 PM
Nice work Bruce ...

.. congrats on a good performance in what sounds like a tough comp.

Eag's
24th October 2008, 07:26 PM
Nice work Bruce, PM will be a piece of piss compared to that your odds have just been wound in ;)

Grunt
24th October 2008, 07:47 PM
Great work Bruce.

Jim, did you get a look at Yamba GC while you were up there?

Bruce
24th October 2008, 07:50 PM
I've shot better scores - but never played better golf.

I'll definitely be having another crack next year.

jimandr
24th October 2008, 11:55 PM
Jim, did you get a look at Yamba GC while you were up there?

I'll talk to you about this when I see you next week. I was staying less than 400m from the clubhouse, and I had a putt on the practice green.

swanny
25th October 2008, 12:18 AM
gees and they tell me youve been sick all week

Flowergirl
25th October 2008, 07:12 AM
Well done Bruce.:smt038 It is a very tough course. Those greens were deadly weren't they. I would hit a great approach thinking "awesome" only to see it go through.

So I know what you mean when you say the score doesn't reflect how well you really played.:smt038

Social 9 last night. No hooks.;) Thanks to my coach.:smt060

Grunt
25th October 2008, 07:24 AM
Played pretty crap yesterday for 25 points at Camden Valley. Swing felt really good for the 1st couple of holes but that was temporary. Would love to think that I was just tired from the night shift lack of sleep but I think it was more like lack of ability to keep my game together. Can see some good scores coming but not sure when.

99 Gross
83 Nett
25 points (3 wipes + lots of 1 pointers)
6/14 Fairways
2 GIR
3/10 Up & Downs
0/1 Sand Saves
35 putts (3x 3 putts)

Next game Federal today

JustSneaky
25th October 2008, 07:47 AM
Finals of the 4ball match play today.My partner is 14yrs old (18 hdcp) would be "stoked" .He's gunna have to walk this time,I'll need both shoulders free, to help beat these burglers.

Grunt
25th October 2008, 07:50 AM
Finals of the 4ball match play today.My partner is 14yrs old (18 hdcp) would be "stoked" .He's gunna have to walk this time,I'll need both shoulders free, to help beat these burglers.

Have a great day and hope you get up. Bet the kid will enjoy it too.

haysey
25th October 2008, 12:44 PM
Played stableford at Yorkeys Knob today for a total 32 points.

2 s*anks, the first of which went straight OB, 1 putt completely off the green and my first ever putt for eagle from about 10 feet that was left 3 feet short:roll:

Other than that, hit the ball fine:D

Scottt
25th October 2008, 12:45 PM
F*cking frustrating day.

at Springwood, shot 80 (+11) for 34 points.

10 pars
5 bogeys
3 doubles

3/13 fairways
8 greens
33 putts

The fairways stat is misleading, I missed 4 or 5 by less than a metre in good position.

Could easily have been 39 or 40. Missed 9 birdie putts from inside 15 feet. Stiffed it all day and just couldn't make a damn thing.

Hux
25th October 2008, 01:00 PM
Is everywhere running cored and sanded greens at present?

Sure makes putting and pitching tough.

adlo
25th October 2008, 03:23 PM
Had an 84/68 today for 40 points.

Hit the ball well off the tee (though only hit 3 fairways most were just off the short stuff) but hit irons poorly. Short game held it together.

29 putts (my best ever)
7 U&D's

Hux
25th October 2008, 03:41 PM
Had an 84/68 today for 40 points.

Hit the ball well off the tee (though only hit 3 fairways most were just off the short stuff) but hit irons poorly. Short game held it together.

29 putts (my best ever)
7 U&D's

Good result - the capper is gunna get you.

oobsadd2
25th October 2008, 04:20 PM
Played my second full round with my new driver. I built an Alpha v5 with an sk fibre shaft. Driving has been my nemisis for ages, Ive been struggling with a Titleist 905 with a Graffaloy blue and a SMT with a Harrison striper titanium in it. I was told ages ago that the shafts didnt suit me and to get something else.
I cannot wipe the smile off my face. Ive hit controlled draws and fades today and absolutely smashed 2 drives longer than ive ever been on these 2 holes in 20 years.
The game hasnt totally come together but Im excited, very soon im going to fire up.
:)

JustSneaky
25th October 2008, 06:11 PM
Have a great day and hope you get up. Bet the kid will enjoy it too.

Thanks Grunt, it was nice to leave home with some positive feedback.

We won, little fella held his own, and stood the test when I needed him.I am very proud of him,not just for the effort.The boy is a model template for young and old on How To Conduct Yourself on a golf course,(the very reason I asked him to partner me)

Took 8 holes for the first squared hole.We turned 2up I chipped in on 11 for bird which gutted them,come 15 we had them doorme 3,then 16 the boy, Jayden had a slippery 9footer to end it and sunk it! 3 & 2 to the good guys.Handicaps were me off scratch,Jayden 12,them 6 & 7

Eag's
25th October 2008, 06:30 PM
Well done JS :smt023

JustSneaky
25th October 2008, 06:45 PM
Well done JS :smt023

Thanks Eag's

damoocow
25th October 2008, 06:58 PM
Lost 2.7 today - maybe I am peaking too early for the Champs !!..............anyway now down to 19 but feeling really good about my game - won a once yearly event "the Vern Short Memorial' at Keperra GC today with a stab score of 44 pts [20 front/24 back] - had 7 x 3 pointers on the way in - putted really well and now see how much easier this game is when your tee shot is in play ! go Team Cobra !.........started the year on 25 with Xmas target of 18 and now am only 1 away.

haysey
25th October 2008, 07:03 PM
:smt038Well done JustSneaky and Damo8)

PeteyD
25th October 2008, 07:10 PM
Nice work Damo, and sneaky and bruce too

BrisVegas
25th October 2008, 07:32 PM
awesome damo!

Monthly Medal today, i played ok for someone with a mental disorder. Score was 87 nett with a couple of quads and an 11! But I got a couple of NTP's including another 'almost ace' on the 170m 16th where I put it inside 10cm. Played the par 3's a couple under yet still had hundreds. It's a weird game sometimes.

Jarro
25th October 2008, 07:35 PM
Lost 2.7 today - maybe I am peaking too early for the Champs !!..............anyway now down to 19 but feeling really good about my game - won a once yearly event "the Vern Short Memorial' at Keperra GC today with a stab score of 44 pts [20 front/24 back] - had 7 x 3 pointers on the way in - putted really well and now see how much easier this game is when your tee shot is in play ! go Team Cobra !.........started the year on 25 with Xmas target of 18 and now am only 1 away.

Finally down to where you should really be 'eh ;)

And all it took was one crappy sounding driver ...... well done Moo :roll:

dc68
25th October 2008, 08:03 PM
Monthly chop today had 76 nett 72 but all the spazos in A grade must have been out as I won the medal for best gross... go figure lost another .1 so down to 4.1 now. No chance of getting out to 5 by champs.....:smt013

Jarro
25th October 2008, 08:07 PM
Monthly chop today had 76 nett 72 but all the spazos in A grade must have been out as I won the medal for best gross... go figure lost another .1 so down to 4.1 now. No chance of getting out to 5 by champs.....:smt013

How many Jimmies ?

oncewasagolfer
25th October 2008, 08:08 PM
played at my new club (midlands) today. It is great to be playing on greens again even though they have been cored and are still a bit bumpy. Had a bit of a big night the night before for my sand scrapes clubs break up dinner had 10 or so beers so was a little seedy for the first 6 or so holes:)

34 points
31 putts
6 fairway in reg
6 greens in reg
3 penalties (unplayable)
1 four putt (major brain explosion)
1 three putt
5/9 up and downs
0/2 sand saves

obviously not using wedges the last 10 months hasn't done a lot for my short game but hopefully that will impoves as I play more on greens again.

dc68
25th October 2008, 08:18 PM
How many Jimmies ?

Bit off my game today..... but if you add the 10 in the crubhose I am getting there!!!!!

Eag's
25th October 2008, 08:29 PM
Damo is on FIRE!!! well played once again mate :smt038
Oh, and another nice win to the Jimmy kid as well ;)

dc68
25th October 2008, 08:32 PM
As long as you remember the fuel for the champs I will be fine Rich... ;)

Eag's
25th October 2008, 08:35 PM
As long as you remember the fuel for the champs I will be fine Rich... ;)

Already picked them up for ya mate and because I am such a nice bloke, I grabbed the 440ml cans ;)

dc68
25th October 2008, 08:37 PM
As I am currently watching the Simpsons movie on Fox I will use a fave quote of Homer's....................

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Courty
25th October 2008, 10:35 PM
Odd round today. I had 35 pts, but felt as though I hit it like crap all day. My short game was pretty good on reflection, and was obviously what saved the score. On a side-note, I lipped out an 8 ft eagle putt on the 6th, the only par 5 I haven't yet eagled at Cairns GC.

FIR: 9/18
GIR: 5/18 :evil:
U/D: 5/13
Putts: 31

Matt 3 Jab
25th October 2008, 10:43 PM
+5

38 points

34 putts

left a lot out there

another ok game, greens and fairways and couldnt drop the putts

missed about 4 or 5 from within 8 feet

oncewasagolfer
25th October 2008, 11:40 PM
nice round matt:smt023 I'm really starting to hit that mizuno driver I bought off of u well m8 I hit some real bombs today:)

JustSneaky
26th October 2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks Pete and Haysey,

A+ for effort Bruce,

Damo,a shoo in before xmas well done.

dc68,a win's a win congrats.

sms316
26th October 2008, 06:53 AM
78/77 at Yowani yesterday morning. Just wasn't happening for me. ccr 74.

33 points in the Federal match. Had 12 on the front and was pretty much over it. 21 on the back to at least inspire some interest (although Andrew still got me by a point). Cored greens and sms do not go well together.

Grunt
26th October 2008, 07:28 AM
Played Federal yesterday with the ACT boys. Played against TG01 in a matchplay game and played ok after an average start with 14 points on the front nine. Cored greens were not as bad as some I have played recently and I think my putting is starting to come back, missed putts yesterday were on the most part past the hole. Driver was a little erratic but recovery shots were great.

Gross 92
Nett 76
32 points (3 wipes)
6 pars
6 Fwys
3 GIR
2/10 Up & Downs
1/3 Sand Saves
34 putts

Next Game : Windsor GC. NSW Matchplay Final.

oz
26th October 2008, 08:27 AM
35 points at Albury, with a miserable 36 putts. I was demo-ing the White Hot XG #9, but I found the insert too soft. Once I lost confidence in it, after missing several very makeable birdies, it was time for it to hit the bench.

Stoney
26th October 2008, 02:08 PM
Monthly Medal today, i played ok for someone with a mental disorder. Score was 87 nett with a couple of quads and an 11! But I got a couple of NTP's including another 'almost ace' on the 170m 16th where I put it inside 10cm. Played the par 3's a couple under yet still had hundreds. It's a weird game sometimes.

Played with Dion at Brookwater yesterday off the Black. Different course from back there.

Nice 11 mate!!! :lol: I still cant believe that shot didnt go in on 16, one of the best iron shots I have ever seen you hit.

Showed some glimpses but after a month off was a little erratic. Left a few out there but reasonably happy.

79gross 76 net - 27 putts helped

goughy
26th October 2008, 03:58 PM
Agreed.

A mate of mine can't play the club champs at the moment because "there is no way his wife will let him get away with playing both days on a weekend, 3 weekends in a row" (we played Albury the week before).

That is no way to live. Must be hard getting around with that big thumb print on his forehead.

After a few years the cops could now take a perfect print of my wifes right thumb off my forehead!!

I've always been in the same boat. Lots of work etc and I literally don't even bother trying to get 2 games in in a weekend; except the champs!

Had a fun round with the rs's today. Started the round with a putt from 8mts off the green for birdie! Evened out then and then it went down. Typical. I think I'm enjoying myself more and more, and I think I'm becoming a bigger prick to play with... The rs's (P in particular) was under the weather so I took over the mantle and picked on both of them.

Was actually pretty happy with how I played for 31 pts. I few silly mistakes didn't help and I've lost my aim when hitting hooks and draws out of trees.

Fishman Dan
26th October 2008, 08:20 PM
My first round in over 2 months. Diggers Day, always a good fun event.

Had 28 points, which included a wipe of the hole trying for the alternate hole - it was worth double-points and it was stuck in the side of a slope.

mike
26th October 2008, 08:55 PM
Played stableford at Yorkeys Knob today for a total 32 points.

Haysey, how was the course condition of HMB ?

I played there 4 months ago and the place was a disgrace, greens and tees were atrocious. I vowed not to return until things improved.

Is the 3rd over the lake yet ?

dc68
26th October 2008, 09:01 PM
Late run at a 5 hcap for champs a nice little 27 points today for an easy .2 back now out to 4.3. No golf next week as I have to young fella. The problem being is if I am asked to perform in the SOO match, get out to 5 or bet the blue arseclowns... godamn thet for a chancr!!!!!!!!!!!

Courty
26th October 2008, 09:03 PM
The problem being is if I am asked to perform in the SOO match, get out to 5 or bet the blue arseclowns... godamn thet for a chancr!!!!!!!!!!!

A true master could beat the 'roaches and still get out a shot. 8)

dc68
26th October 2008, 09:07 PM
Indeed CoUNTy..... Get it over with early and throw out the anchor!!!!!!!

haysey
27th October 2008, 07:31 AM
Haysey, how was the course condition of HMB ?

I played there 4 months ago and the place was a disgrace, greens and tees were atrocious. I vowed not to return until things improved.

Is the 3rd over the lake yet ?

I wouldn't recommend it Mike. It'll be a while before I head out there again.

Worst part is, there is currently 3 temporary greens with a 4th green killed off and about to be taken out of play (shame I didn't know about it beforehand, I wouldn't have bothered going out there). It's certainly not worth the visitors fee right now.

There's no sign of any further work happening on the third, it still looks the same as it did months ago. Asked about it while we were waiting on the tenth tee but no one seemed to know anything about it....

chappy1970
27th October 2008, 09:52 AM
Had a weird round on Saturday and a round that most people here can attest to have had at some stage.

I was poor off the tee and my putting was disgraceful, my iron play was incredibly inconsistent and my chipping was not to be admired.

I still returned to the clubhouse with 34 points, which was remarkable in itself. I also had 31 putts which wasn't a complete disaster but felt I had plenty more. I did use the Texas wedge a few more times than I usually would but that was only because I had lost complete faith in my chipping.

The only plus side for the day was the performance of the Adams 3wd I got in a trade with Oncewasagolfer. I have been struggling with the 3 dog for at least 12 months and this round was the first time in recent memory that it went where it was supposed to go. Dead straight, good flight and easy peasy lemon squeezey to hit. There was a northly/north wester breeze about on Saturday and on the 2nd the tees were forward, I unloaded with the 3wd, slight draw and with the help of hitting the down slop of a fairway bunker, I wouldn't have got much change out of 300mtrs off the tee. It went freakin miles :)

Alas out .1 though.

dc68
27th October 2008, 09:55 AM
get out to 5 or bet the blue arseclowns... godamn thet for a chancr!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me what I was trying to say there?

I had a few drinks after golf yesterday and it obviously affected my fingers!!!!!!

dc68
27th October 2008, 09:58 AM
get out to 5 or bet the blue arseclowns... godamn thet for a chancr!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I figured it out after another look.

Get out to 5 or beat the blue arseclowns... goddamn that for a choice!!!!!

Well it sounds better than the drivel I posted originally.

BrisVegas
27th October 2008, 12:33 PM
dc - that post is not the worst I've seen on here. At leas you had alcohol as an excuse.

mikezone13
27th October 2008, 12:45 PM
My woes on the opening holes of a round continue.... following up my 7+12 points last week with 6+18 on Saturday and then a 10+21 on Sunday.

No idea what the poor start has been down to, but the last 12 holes on Sunday gave me 29 points and the ball striking with irons (been the big problem) was getting back to where it should be.

While putting stats are nowhere near what I expect I am rolling the ball nicely and it's more a 'lack of rhythm' in the early holes that leads to a 'do not care about putts' attitude.

Stats as follows for each day...

Saturday - 24 points (6+18 )
6/14 fairways
5/18 GIR
37 putts

Sunday - 31pts (10+21)
8/14 fairways
8/18 GIR
38 putts

No up and down stats but obviously not many :(. Did take out a new 3 wood (Hibore XLS reshafted with proforce V2) for a hit both days and it looks like giving the long standing a run for its cash.

Next round: This saturday, 1st round of club champs qualifying.

oncewasagolfer
27th October 2008, 01:33 PM
good to see the 3w is working for u chappy:)

kev
27th October 2008, 02:47 PM
<snip>

I was poor off the tee and my putting was disgraceful, my iron play was incredibly inconsistent and my chipping was not to be admired.

<snip>

Can I please have my game back, I didn't say you could use it ;)

peter_rs
27th October 2008, 02:56 PM
The rs's (P in particular) was under the weather so I took over the mantle and picked on both of them.

Lift your game....:lol:

as always it was fun, thanks for sharing your caddie.

fun 34 pts without doing anything. I may have found my game but I don't think my liver will like it.

Peter

Fishman Dan
27th October 2008, 02:59 PM
My first round in over 2 months. Diggers Day, always a good fun event.

Had 28 points, which included a wipe of the hole trying for the alternate hole - it was worth double-points and it was stuck in the side of a slope.

Speaking of arseclowns, can someone tell me how a round that included a green with 2 flags and potentially double-points can be counted by the AGU? FFS, I was about 4" away from my first ever 6-pointer.... before it rolled down the hill and off the green again... and again...

Iain
27th October 2008, 03:12 PM
dc - that post is not the worst I've seen on here. At leas you had alcohol as an excuse.

Very true!!!

Sydney Hacker
27th October 2008, 03:16 PM
Speaking of arseclowns, can someone tell me how a round that included a green with 2 flags and potentially double-points can be counted by the AGU? FFS, I was about 4" away from my first ever 6-pointer.... before it rolled down the hill and off the green again... and again...

From what I saw on Saturday, you were one of the only ones to try for that flag, of course I had a crack as well since I duffed my approach short anyway.

I even saw one guy down on the bottom level putt up to the normal flag!

Fishman Dan
27th October 2008, 03:33 PM
I ended up down there with a shot at it for par (and 6 points), so why not? Funny thing is I was level with the card, but my partner and I were miles behind the other 2 in our group (eventual runners up).

I figured that the wheels would tumble off at some stage, so burning a couple of points in a non-AGU round (ha!) would be fine. It would have been a fairly straight-forward 2-putt 2-pointer from where i was.

The individual winner was in our group. He had 24 on the front and a miserly 20 (with a wipe) on the back. I kept my mouth shut, but I won the comp 2 or 3 years back with the same score (44) - really happy for him that he won, it's a trophy + $100 prize, a good one to win! Even better to win when it's not an official AGU event too ;)

Sydney Hacker
27th October 2008, 03:39 PM
I was surprised the amount of people who did not seem to get into the spirit of the day and have a bit of fun. We even saw a couple of groups not go into the clubhouse after the 10th to a throw of the darts and a beer etc.

They even knocked back having a shot with the trench coat and helmet on.

burger
28th October 2008, 09:33 AM
Played Belmont on Saturday in their comp, went pretty well on front 9 with 15 points after usual slow start. The more sea-breeze exposed back nine f#cked with my head and managed a measely 9 points, however saved my best two holes for the finish.

What a nice course it is with views up/down the coast, really fun to play & only about an hour up the road.
Will be going back there for sure!
Played with 3 members who were great fun and very encouraging on the back nine!
Thanks to Paul, Brad & Mike for the game and club captain Vince for making me welcome in the clubhouse.

stu.

chappy1970
28th October 2008, 10:44 AM
Can I please have my game back, I didn't say you could use it ;)

Your welcome to it Kev, because it is doing nothing for me

JustSneaky
28th October 2008, 11:30 AM
easy .2 back now out to 4.3. No golf next week as I have to young fella. The problem being is if I am asked to perform in the SOO match, get out to 5 or bet the blue arseclowns... godamn thet for a chancr!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny chit.....

also I never knew one could get .2 back in a single round.Is it different for under 5 hdcps?

mikezone13
28th October 2008, 12:58 PM
also I never knew one could get .2 back in a single round.Is it different for under 5 hdcps?

Yes.

Scottt
28th October 2008, 02:34 PM
I think they get .1 back if they have 1 to 4 over the CCR, and .2 of they have 5+ over the CCR.

sms316
28th October 2008, 02:35 PM
6 plus...

3oneday
28th October 2008, 02:57 PM
They even knocked back having a shot with the trench coat and helmet on.Sydney clubs make it so sacrosanct to play on a Saturday, and then they insult their members by playing a novelty event ? ;)

Just another point of view there :)

JustSneaky
28th October 2008, 03:15 PM
.......so that starts at 5.4 ?

beanbag
28th October 2008, 09:44 PM
played sat turned the cnr with 22 points finished with 35 with 3 wipes on the back 1 unlucky just couldnt find the ball, the other 2 just bad play centre fairway turned into wipes, just happened to play with matt3jab enjoyed the day and the couple of beverages after ,good day out