PDA

View Full Version : LOTR DVD sets

amanda
26th November 2004, 09:46 AM
Hi all,

www.ezydvd.com.au are having specials on Lord of the Rings DVD sets.

These are the 4-disc sets with the extended footage (I believe the 2 & 3 disc sets are just what you see in the movies).

Fellowship of the Ring - $40
Two Towers - $40
Return of the King - $60

If you want the 12-disc set - $144 (but it's exactly the same as buying each 4-disc set individually - unless you want the different box).

Postage is free if you pre-order before Dec 10 (which is when they will be sent out - Aust Post - I've found it quick in the past).

A good stocking filler for anyone who's a Tolkein buff. I think they were originally selling for $75 each.

AndyP
26th November 2004, 10:01 AM
Already have the extended sets for Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers.

Just waiting for Return of the King to be released, they have been getting later with the release date each year. :x

I have written it on my Xmas wish list. [-o<
So now I'm not even allowed to buy it for myself until after Dec 25. #-o

Fishman Dan
26th November 2004, 10:15 AM
How can you have extended versions of 3 x 3 hour movies?! :shock: :smt015

AndyP
26th November 2004, 10:22 AM
How can you have extended versions of 3 x 3 hour movies?! :shock: :smt015
It's like having 6 x 1.5 hour movies, Fishy. :wink:

Kee
26th November 2004, 10:24 AM
I've already got the Extended Editions of Fellowship and Two Towers. I've put my order for the Return of the King from the US as the other 2 are US (region 1) discs.

Great movies, and the extended versions make them even better.

Bruce
26th November 2004, 10:33 AM
ROTK:EE will clock in at 250 minutes. :shock:

The release is delayed this year for Xmas release as it doesn't have to be out before the next movie hits the screeens.

The extended editions are much more complete movies. Ideas are developed to their conclusion, we don't have to skip things. I can't wait.

AndyP
26th November 2004, 10:56 AM
I wonder if this means the already long ending of RotK, will be even longer. :shock:

I thought the extended edition of The Two Towers was quite a bit better than the standard version.

goughy
26th November 2004, 06:58 PM
I'll just wait till Big W gets them in. I usually end up getting them 2 days before the release date and cheaper than ezydvd, or anywhere else for that matter.

The first time I saw rotk int he cinema, I walked out at the end with my mates and said 'man, I can't wait till the extended version comes out.' There eyes popped out of their heads at the thought of it being even longer.

Now all I need to do is have my extended version marathon :D

AndyP
26th November 2004, 10:16 PM
Now all I need to do is have my extended version marathon :D
Is that an invitation to all of us to your place, goughy?
Will you be supplying the popcorn? :wink:

goughy
26th November 2004, 10:34 PM
byo popcorn, I hate the stuff. And I bags the recliner. You and jarro can share the sofabed :wink:

Jarro
27th November 2004, 06:23 AM
I'll bring some REAL movies along then shall i :?: :wink:

AndyP
27th November 2004, 05:03 PM
I'll bring some REAL movies along then shall i :?: :wink:
Not if I am sharing a sofabed with you. :shock: :smt078

McMw
27th November 2004, 09:33 PM
I'm proud to say that I have yet to watch any of the LOTR movies... :lol:

I've got the DVD in my room, Jean's watched all 3....but I haven't found the "inspiration" yet to watch it... :roll: