PDA

View Full Version : Champs Form Appraisal

BrisVegas
20th October 2008, 03:19 PM
As per AndyP's thread from last year, how do you rate your form leading up to the 2008 Champs???

Off the Tee: Not as long as in years gone by, but mostly straight.

Iron Play: not too bad. have had a couple of short iron shanks of late, but generally the ball is going where i'm aiming.

Short Game: chipping is average at best. i don't practice so can't expect too much. Putting was good at Windaroo 2 weeks ago, but sucked in Sydney last week. Hopefully KV greens are slow and flat!

Kooralbyn Scores: Played it 2-3 times 10 years ago. Have never played to hcap there from memory. Going in cold.

Overall: I've drifted out from 5 to 8 this year with the arrival of bub #2 and am a little frustrated by a lack of touch. When I get into the zone, I can still hit the ball as good as ever. Generally I have been making too many soft bogeys to post decent scores. My typical round for the past 6 months is low-80's with flashes of brilliance and some shockers thrown in. I'd love to shoot a pair of 80's at KV, but realistically can't expect that good a result....

Much the same as last year for me. I've varied between 7 & 9 hcap this year. Still hitting the odd shank and still hopeless inside 100m. If I get a roll on, I can still hit it solidly, but those rounds are few and far between these days. I played Palm Meadows about 6 years ago and really struggled. Lost a heap of balls in the water. Could be a good sign??;)

Scottt
20th October 2008, 03:29 PM
All I can say is you mugs are lucky I won't be there. I am in a rich vein of form!!

Eag's
20th October 2008, 03:55 PM
Have played bugger all golf this year with only 10 comp rounds on the board.
I have played a few rounds recently and the signs are promising.

Off the Tee: Keeping the ball in play a bit more which is a nice change.
Not trying to crank it out there as much.

Iron Play: Has been a bit erratic still averaging only about 5-6 greens, wedges have been terrible as usual.

Shortgame: Thankfully my chipping & putting have been solid, averaging under 30 putts for the last 3 rounds.

Palm Meadows Scores : Never played there so should be fun 8-)

Overall : My Hcp has gone from 12.4 down to 11.3 in the last 5 games so happy with that.

PeteyD
20th October 2008, 04:12 PM
Have had quite a few rounds, went into a mega form slump for a while but finally seem to have sorted myself out.

Off the Tee: When I stick to the Sumo it goes a treat, except for the odd snap hook.

Iron Play: Going to graphite shafts seems to have suited me a lot

Shortgame: definately improving, particularly putting

Palm Meadows Scores : Never seen it

Overall : My Hcp has dropped to 18 now. No more multipleshot holes :( . Lets see if I can get it down a bit more before the champs.

Courty
20th October 2008, 04:46 PM
There's no point reviewing the separate categories for me. One word sums it all up: inconsistent. I'm capable off a few over par, or a few under a Bradman. :roll:
Although recently I have been getting the feeling that I am getting close to something workable, my results haven't reflected that feeling.

Champs verdict: anything is possible depending on which swing I happen to bring with me.

sms316
20th October 2008, 06:38 PM
I'm just keeping a lid on it...

goughy
20th October 2008, 06:44 PM
I'll be shit! But good company :)

haysey
20th October 2008, 06:52 PM
Have been at or around the handicap lately, mixed with the odd near century:roll:

Off the Tee: Getting the ball in play is the biggest issue, followed by lack of distance off the tee

Iron Play: Outside 100 metres sucks, inside 100 I do ok.

Shortgame: Chipping and putting go ok, depends if I pick the right putter on the day:D

Palm Meadows Scores : Never played there so should be fun, although I generally don't play courses I've not played before well.

Overall : Pretty happy with how its going;)

shazza_rs
20th October 2008, 07:06 PM
Off the Tee: Mostly straight... okay so i hit almost every fairway. :mrgreen:

Iron Play: Don't have to hit too many so can't really give an accurate tail of how they are going. Hit some sweet irons last sunday so who knows?

Shortgame: Chipping and putting are mostly okay. Generally the difference between a good game and a shite game for me is the quality of the chipping and putting.

Palm Meadows Scores : Played there once. Can't remember squat about the course, except for Shavey and Pete putting loads of balls in the piss on 18.

Overall : Not too shabby.

virge666
20th October 2008, 07:09 PM

i hope to be half as good as that !

Scottt
20th October 2008, 07:12 PM
Virge, you're worth playing with for the Bushnell alone! :lol:

If anyone wants to lose 2 shots off their hcp, play with Virge!!

shazza_rs
20th October 2008, 07:15 PM
charlize

Scottt
20th October 2008, 07:18 PM
Is it Charlize or Kate Beckinsale?

PeteyD
20th October 2008, 07:18 PM
She is somewhat lacking in the department of my former avatar, but sweet to look at none the less.

Bruce
20th October 2008, 08:04 PM

I'm hoping for mediocrity. But good company.

goughy
20th October 2008, 08:56 PM
Mediocrity but good company is my middle name! I'm up for another game with Brucey as long as I can drive the cart! ;)

Flowergirl
21st October 2008, 07:59 AM
If I can keep the drives out of the left trees all day I'll do ok. Although I always play crap on Ozgolf days. Try too hard to prove myself and it never works.:shock:
Aim of the weekend is just to beat G69.:twisted:

Grunt
22nd October 2008, 07:59 AM
My form is very errratic lately as it always it, if there was a prize for consistently inconsistent I would have it wrapped up easily.

Driving New Driver is getting there, have lost a little distance but is way straighter.

Iron Play is better but I still need work.

Short game that is where the improvements have been.

Putting is a little down but I will get it all back to plan by the champs.

We shall see what happens, as we all know it is not all about golf on the Champs weekend.

sms316
22nd October 2008, 08:03 AM
Just remember you will need an injection of confidence after this weekend when the Territorians tear you a new one.

Grunt
22nd October 2008, 08:18 AM
Just remember you will need an injection of confidence after this weekend when the Territorians tear you a new one.

Yeah Yeah, you tried once before and I got you, You've got nuthin'

dc68
22nd October 2008, 08:21 AM
the Territorians tear you a new one.

Ok so you are happy to claim the NSW origin team as your own but refer to yourself as a Territorian?

Poor sad confused little ****roach is what you are.

sms316
22nd October 2008, 08:22 AM
But we have Welshy - which is like giving the rest of us 5 points head start.

Grunt
22nd October 2008, 08:23 AM
But we have Welshy - which is like giving the rest of us 5 points head start.

Pair him up with Andrew and I reckon he may get nervy with Andrew's subtle sledging;)

sms316
22nd October 2008, 08:23 AM
Ok so you are happy to claim the NSW origin team as your own but refer to yourself as a Territorian?

I'm not surprised that the concept of origin is a bit too difficult for you to comprehend.
:roll:

peter_rs
22nd October 2008, 08:27 AM
Off the Tee: Not as long as in years gone by, not as straight.... why do I use a driver.

Iron Play: got nothing, my striking has dropped with my wrist I cann't get out of the rough anymore.

Short Game: chipping if its on it saves me, if its not it kills me. If the putter fires I can play well but it can go cold fast in a recent round 10 putts through 9, 29 putts after 18.

PM Scores: Played once shot heaps... only saving grace so did shavey ;)

Overall: started this year on a hcp of 18 got to 13 then I hurt my wrist as a true golf tragic I kept playing trying to adjust my swing now my wrist is getting better but my swing is shit and I'm back to 16.

BrisVegas
22nd October 2008, 08:30 AM
Off the Tee: Not as long as in years gone by, not as straight.... why do I use a driver.

OMG! :shock:

dc68
22nd October 2008, 08:31 AM
I'm not surprised that the concept of origin is a bit too difficult for you to comprehend.
:roll:

Ok so where exactly were you born?

sms316
22nd October 2008, 08:34 AM
Ok so where exactly were you born?

Albury.

peter_rs
22nd October 2008, 08:34 AM
OMG! :shock:

:lol: its not a joke but I just "trust it" and give myself room for the ball flight.

BrisVegas
22nd October 2008, 08:37 AM
sorry mate, just surprised is all. I still remember that tee shot you hit at Tasmania GC on the long par 5 beside the main road. I swear you sliced that thing clear off the island!

Hope your wrist improves. Mine has flared up after playing more than weekly golf recently. It's not so bad on tee shots, but I can't commit to hitting through the ball with irons due to the pain it causes. Better stock up on nurofen for the champs.

dc68
22nd October 2008, 08:41 AM
Albury.

Holy shit no wonder you are confused about where you come!!!! Its a wonder you don't think you come from New South Victoria Capital Territory.

peter_rs
22nd October 2008, 08:44 AM
yeh that was a interesting shot.... now I would not think of hitting it straight and just aim down the road and trust it will come back. It works as long as there are no chutes. At nudgee on 10 I aim down 18.

I'm wearing a wrist guard off the golf course these days... agree about the nurofen.

Scottt
22nd October 2008, 10:20 AM
Holy shit no wonder you are confused about where you come!!!! Its a wonder you don't think you come from New South Victoria Capital Territory.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, DC. Us southerners are able to comprehend the mind-boggling concept of neighbouring towns in different states...

sms316
22nd October 2008, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, DC. Us southerners are able to comprehend the mind-boggling concept of neighbouring towns in different states...
In the same time-zone too...
:mrgreen:

PeteyD
22nd October 2008, 11:31 AM
you'll still lose

Jarro
22nd October 2008, 11:50 AM
I can only say that you clowns are lucky i wont be at the Champs ....

.. i'm flushing them at the moment 8)

PeteyD
22nd October 2008, 11:51 AM
Down the toilet?

sms316
22nd October 2008, 11:52 AM
I can only say that you clowns are lucky i wont be at the Champs ....

.. i'm flushing them at the moment 8)
Suspect our ears are lucky.

Jarro
22nd October 2008, 11:52 AM
Down the toilet?

yessir :smt093

poidda
22nd October 2008, 12:19 PM
I got nothing in the golf department, so will be concentrating on 69ers "Best On Ground"

Jarro
22nd October 2008, 12:21 PM
that's the spirit poid ...

.. **** the golf !!

Bruce
23rd October 2008, 06:56 PM
My form in making the cut at the Mid Amateur has me thinking I might be able to do better than mediocre.

PeteyD
23rd October 2008, 07:35 PM
Gonna kick all yer butts into the lake on the 18th ;)

Iain
23rd October 2008, 09:49 PM
Played bugger all golf lately. But not too horribly when I have. Driver is straighter than previous, irons are ok, chipping is hot and cold. If I can avoid to many really bad holes, I'll do ok...

BrisVegas
24th October 2008, 08:33 AM
and i disagree of course. I reckon Palm Meadows is a much harder course than Kooralbyn Valley. There's more water in play for starters and the bunkers are more severe.

Flowergirl
24th October 2008, 08:56 AM
and i disagree of course. I reckon Palm Meadows is a much harder course than Kooralbyn Valley. There's more water in play for starters and the bunkers are more severe.

Hurrah!!!!!!! That's worth travelling 1000's kms for.:smt038:shock: