PDA

View Full Version : Aussies at the Byron

Ona
15th May 2004, 02:43 PM
FOUR in the top 11 but will we see another disappearing act on the weekend?

BYRON R2 (http://www.pgatour.com/scoring/leaderboard/r)

Jarro
15th May 2004, 03:16 PM
lonard looks like the pick of the litter to me :?

Fishman Dan
15th May 2004, 09:24 PM
Lonard is due. Leaney has been more consistent all season, but both of them have choked on weekends ;)

McMw
15th May 2004, 11:23 PM
Leaney will be good by week's end...can't say about much about Lonard tho....he hasn't exactly been hot in recent weeks/months...

Fishman Dan
16th May 2004, 06:22 AM
Well they haven't exactly choked, but they haven't been able to keep pace today - Lonard is +1 and Leaney is E, dropped them down the field. Allenby and Pamps have moved up with -3 and -4 respectively, and still a few holes to go.

Allenby and Pamps seem to get better once the weekend comes around.

goughy
16th May 2004, 07:50 AM
But pamps loses it by sunday. Over the last year or 2 his scoring average on sundays has been the highest of his 4 rounds, almost 2 strokes worse than his R3 average.

I can't wait for him to get the first win monkey off his back.

Golfgirl
16th May 2004, 10:21 AM
Pamps put together a good round today - I hope he can backit up tomorrow, although going on form, it isn't too likely. :roll:

Still - Aussies putting in a good show - I like to see it! :D

McMw
16th May 2004, 10:53 AM
year 2005 will be the breakout year for the aussies....not this year...

sure, we've had multiple wins on tour already...but the strong performances this year will instill more confidence in the players towards years end (and prob a couple more wins) but it should be a stellar year next!!! Can't WAIT!!! :D

C'Mon SERGIO!!!!!!! 8)

Onewood
16th May 2004, 11:02 AM
Sergio WHO been awhile since hes been in the running, I hope he goes all the way 8)

Golfgirl
16th May 2004, 11:05 AM
I thought it was nice to see Sergio playing well - I think he is a cutie. :D

AndyP
16th May 2004, 08:35 PM
In Canberra Times on Saturday:

Peter Lonard revealed his Christmas plans after earning a share of the first round lead at the Byron Nelson Championship in Dallas yesterday. After winning the Aus Open, Lonard returned to his Florida home t begin preparing for the new season. When he cracked a rib while stretching a few days later, he wondered why he had bothered. "I really learned something from that. I've been off kilter ever since," he said, after carding a six-under 64 to be tied with American JL Lewis. "Next time I'll stay in Australia and get drunk with my mates, like i always do."

8)

Jarro
16th May 2004, 08:39 PM
nice story 8)

McMw
16th May 2004, 09:03 PM
had a peek at the leaderboard after R3...
very impressive leaderboard...nice top 20...give to take a few...

looks like 5-6 aussies??? :D

Golfgirl
17th May 2004, 06:56 PM
"Dresses Baddely" turned in an absolutely shocking performance for a professional golfer - +15 - how bloody embarrassing! :shock: :oops: At least the other Aussies did alright.... :D

mike
17th May 2004, 07:45 PM
Baddeley made the cut and picked up a few thousand US dollars.
Stuart Appleby, Scott Hend and Steve Allan missed the cut and picked up zero US dollars. Now that's embarrassing. :wink:

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 09:06 AM
4th on moneylist - I don't think Stuart Appleby would be too concerned, although Hend and Allan are probably shaking their heads.... :lol: :lol: