PDA

View Full Version : Matt 3 Jab's Stack and Tilt thread

Matt 3 Jab
17th October 2008, 02:15 PM
So, after reading some stuff yesterday and more last night on the swing, i thought id give it a go over the next few months.

What have i got to lose??

So i read some of the golf digest stuff and there was a small S&T forum on a site and so i read a bit and more and more.

The DVD's are on their way too, which will obviously give me the most info.

But i was itching to get the range today just to give it a bit of a go, even though i know 1% of the whole swing.

So i went, and i cant say i hit it perfect every time, but i didnt hit any that bad, no worse than yesterdays game.

I hit the driver lower, which i loved!!! I couldnt even see where they were going at the start, i kept looking into the sky and nothing, but then i saw them lower and the smile came back!

So i only had my crappy phone camera, from one angle, so you cant see alot, but next time i'll take the actual video camera and get some better shots.

Enjoy and i'll update as i get through the DVD's and see where it takes me.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xzM6ecMyXjo

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch0Bv8OCQAc

Scottt
17th October 2008, 02:28 PM
Jesus wept. :lol:

3oneday
17th October 2008, 06:17 PM
Is that you really ? You seem to be sitting and bending an awful lot.

Matt 3 Jab
17th October 2008, 06:21 PM
It's me, which part? follow through? take away?

Courty
17th October 2008, 06:50 PM
When do we see a video of your putting stroke?

oobsadd2
17th October 2008, 06:58 PM
I think he means the stance seems low and crouched. I agree, it appears your hands are almost resting on your legs in address position. I think you would benefit from standing tall and bending at the hips. I guess you put your swing there for opinions.

3oneday
17th October 2008, 07:02 PM
What oobsy said ;)

Matt 3 Jab
17th October 2008, 07:17 PM
Courty - putting stroke will go up when the new oversized grip goes on!

Oobs - i like to let my arms hang, although no one has every really said it was a drama. Guess i might have to try having the ball position away a bit more to see what happens.

oobsadd2
17th October 2008, 07:58 PM
I just had a lesson from someone here (in adelaide) and he said that id started getting quite crouched and compact. I stood up taller and had my hands away from my body and intstantly felt like I had time and space to swing naturally. I stood up straight with the club straight out then bent at the waist, I fould that my ball position had crept closer.
I think it is right for me, it might be right for you.

gazgolf1
18th October 2008, 08:40 AM
Try to copy this guy.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XgbubywoLCw&feature=related

squishy
19th October 2008, 10:06 AM
your hands at the top of your swing look way to high for S&T, have a good look at badd's on you tube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJzUd7o5stQ
that's how you S&T. your's looks nothing like a stack and tilt swing

Matt 3 Jab
19th October 2008, 10:23 AM
Well, as i said in the initial post, i havent done much more than read a few web articles in relation to the swing, so its not going to be spot on right away.

The plane is the next thing i'll be working on, the DVD's will be here soon and i'll have a better idea.

But thanks for the confidence :lol:

adlo
19th October 2008, 11:33 AM
Try to copy this guy.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XgbubywoLCw&feature=related
I love how the S&T looks so effortless and compact.

Badds in particular, looks so compact these days. But I believe he still sprays the driver.

Why do people seems to have more success with the shorter clubs when using S&T?

gazgolf1
19th October 2008, 11:57 AM
Why do people seems to have more success with the shorter clubs when using S&T?

Because it's very easy to get steep on your downswing with S&T which does'nt matter that much with shorter irons but its a deathmove with drivers and long irons.
Thats why Badds backswing is so inside....its impossible to get steep when you are coming from that far inside.Easy to snap hook it tho which is Baddeley's bad shot with the driver.

adlo
19th October 2008, 12:32 PM
Hmmm, thanks Gaz.

Jarro
20th October 2008, 01:48 PM
Because it's very easy to get steep on your downswing with S&T which does'nt matter that much with shorter irons but its a deathmove with drivers and long irons.
Thats why Badds backswing is so inside....its impossible to get steep when you are coming from that far inside.Easy to snap hook it tho which is Baddeley's bad shot with the driver.

Yeah, it's really the only downside to that swing ... the ability to hit snappies with the woods :(

virge666
20th October 2008, 04:32 PM

so true...

If you are going to be steep you have to lag the crap out of it like Sergio does to stop the snappies.

As i said before - get yourself a top coach and stick with it. You do not have to rebuild your swing.. it is a damn nice swing especially through the ball. If you wish to tune it . . . then find a good coach and just let him sort you out over 4-6 months.

Here is who I mentioned before, He is a top bloke and a ****ing great teacher.

Gary Barter
Gary was 2001 Australian and NSW Teaching Professional of the year and has coached winners on the US PGA Tour, European, Asian, Japanese, Australasian and Nationwide Tours. Gary currently teaches over 30 professionals including Matt Jones and Aron Price (Nationwide Tour) and Sunny Park the 2007 Australian ladies amateur champion. Gary is regarded as one of Australia's leading teaching professionals and was one of the first members of the PGA to receive a AAA accreditation in coaching. Gary was the key note speaker at the 2003 NZ Teaching summit. Gary was a member at The Australian Golf Club from 1982 to 1984 where in 1982 he won the AGC Centenary Club Championship. Gary has been teaching at The Australian Golf Club since 1992 and has built a reputation on staying at the cutting edge of golf tuition and being able to work with the beginner right through to the seasoned professional.

oobsadd2
21st October 2008, 10:32 AM
Gary Barter rings a bell with me, dont suppose you happen to know if he played state schoolboys for NSW in the early 80's

oobsadd2
21st October 2008, 10:40 AM
Hey 3 jabber,
Didnt know much about stack and tilt till now ( i mean Ive heard of it now). Ive looked at lots of S&T swings on U tube and got the gist of it. I have a thought though, You have a pretty good looking swing. Could it be the fact that S&T makes you swing shorter and compact is the benefit and not the reverse pivot. ??

Matt 3 Jab
23rd October 2008, 04:50 PM
Well another 9 holes today, and first time on course for S&T.
What i found the best was the flatter plane (which i really started to work on).

i connected with the ball alot better and then it hit me.

Old swing, flatter plane, magic! Flushed it from then.

So the S&T wont go to waste, i'll watch the DVD's and see what i can pick up.

But my usual swing with the flatter plane worked great.

Scottt
23rd October 2008, 09:24 PM
Hurrah!!

3oneday
24th October 2008, 05:57 AM
This stacked yet ?

PeteyD
24th October 2008, 08:34 AM
Nah it tilted too far.

Matt 3 Jab
27th October 2008, 08:00 PM
SWING REVOLUTION!!!

Well, working with a mate today, totally re-vamped my posture, backswing and downswing.

I finally have posture through my swing, even at impact.

Work in progress but the combined named 'IIFF' swing is the new one that'll take over the tour for sure.

IIFF all the way!

Video up soon

JustSneaky
29th October 2008, 07:06 AM
:-kgoogle

Indianapolis International Film Festival ...no?

need another clue

3oneday
29th October 2008, 07:20 AM
Was it in a comp ?

I have found that every single swing change I have tried has worked, at the range ;)

virge666
29th October 2008, 09:00 AM
I have found that every single swing change I have tried has worked, at the range ;)

My swing changes seem to work really well towards the end of the range session . . .

;)