PDA

View Full Version : Caufield Cup....anyone on the GG's?

simmsy
16th October 2008, 11:55 PM
I'm liking Zagreb, good value, no weight and good barrier draw.
Agree with the critics, not sure if W'end Hussler will get the distance and Maldivian is too wide. Anyone got some thoughts?

Eag's
17th October 2008, 12:57 AM
Don't mind the good old GG's ;)
Hard to go past the last runs of Littorio & Master Oreilly but I will be having something on Riva San & Zagreb.
Both much better value and screaming out for 2400m 8-) WH carrying to much weight and drawn poorly again, no chance.
G69 & poidda will chime into this thread tomorrow I would say :)

Iain
17th October 2008, 05:16 AM
You could say that 69 and Poidda don't mind the odd punt!!

Webster
17th October 2008, 07:29 AM
Boundless...

poidda
17th October 2008, 10:20 AM
NFI.

But, binzaman's horse has it's first start tomorrow in the first at Randwick. Gladiator paying $13.

Eag's
17th October 2008, 10:21 AM
NFI.

But, binzaman's horse has it's first start tomorrow in the first at Randwick. Gladiator paying $13.

Will keep an eye on it poidda ;)

oscar
17th October 2008, 11:56 AM
Boundless...strong recent form out of New Zealand. Has been running right up to Princess Cope, Nom De Joire, etc. Littorio has been Melb form horse so far. Guilotine will need luck but is light weight hope if he gets in with some cover.

3oneday
17th October 2008, 01:22 PM
Fiumicino

kpac
17th October 2008, 01:32 PM
PS..the Hussler can't win.

You must be drunk!

Webster
17th October 2008, 02:12 PM
Weekend Hussler is the lay of the day - he has no chance!

poidda
17th October 2008, 02:19 PM
Best bet of the weekend is $4.05 for a red card in the Roar v Adelaide game tonight. Danny Tiatto is due for a brain snap.

Eag's
17th October 2008, 02:27 PM
You must be drunk!

Drawn gate 11 so he will have to burn fuel early to get a position or try his luck getting in which will be tough as this race is usually run at a cracking pace.
Having to lump 57kg and no jockey will give an inch in this race. Hey if he wins then I will eat humble pie no probs :)

kpac
17th October 2008, 07:15 PM
Drawn gate 11 so he will have to burn fuel early to get a position or try his luck getting in which will be tough as this race is usually run at a cracking pace.
Having to lump 57kg and no jockey will give an inch in this race. Hey if he wins then I will eat humble pie no probs :)

i'll go alone then, i'm sticking with the hussler. 1 non-result doesn't ruin chances. If not run in the turnbull i'm sure you'd be singing a different tune. Hope it get home, the hussler is a super horse!

Eag's
17th October 2008, 07:18 PM
i'll go alone then, i'm sticking with the hussler. 1 non-result doesn't ruin chances. If not run in the turnbull i'm sure you'd be singing a different tune. Hope it get home, the hussler is a super horse!

kpac, agree the horse is something special and deserves the Champion status, but I just doubt his staying ability past 2000m. Like I said I will kindly eat humble pie if proven wrong.

3oneday
17th October 2008, 07:19 PM
the hussler is a super horse!
assuming this is the Aussie way, to find fault with a champ ;) a month ago it was going to win every cup in sight, now it's a donkey :lol:

It's in my multiples and should go close, if it's camped wide again from only barrier 11 it'll have a different jock next week.

Eag's
18th October 2008, 02:29 PM
My pick Zagreb has been scratched so I now have Boundless & Riva San

Eag's
18th October 2008, 03:20 PM
Been watching the races thus far and nothing coming home from the back.
Starting to get respect for a nag thats tough and will be up with the leaders...Duoro Valley or that kiwi nag Nom du jou if it can get across from its wide barrier.

Yeah Caulfield is renowned for track bias and today is no exception, if you are not in the first 5 turning for home then no chance.

Grunt
18th October 2008, 04:25 PM
Anyone get the Trifecta? If so it is your shout for a beer to all ozgolfers at the champs.
If anyone got the 1st 4, you owe us all $1000 and still win a heap.

Eag's
18th October 2008, 04:30 PM
Anyone get the Trifecta? If so it is your shout for a beer to all ozgolfers at the champs.
If anyone got the 1st 4, you owe us all $1000 and still win a heap.

Well the first 4 was a jackpot which is no supprise and the Trifecta paid $62837.10 here in QLD so good luck to anyone who had that :shock:
I think I may of found my horse for the Melbourne Cup, Nom du Jeu huge run!!

Grunt
18th October 2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah Eag's it came home hard didn't it. Another 100m I reckon it would have had it. But is another 800m a big step up? I am not as knowledgeable as others here in racing.

simmsy
18th October 2008, 05:21 PM
Don't forget Mad Rush's run home great effort, will be one to watch in the cup if prep all goes good.
On to Money Valley! love it!

kpac
19th October 2008, 11:28 AM
better go get some pie i suppose......
Shame for Hussler, it'll now jetted of overseas more than likely :(