PDA

View Full Version : Ice Gel Packs for Champs eskies.

markTHEblake
14th October 2008, 05:54 PM
I dunno what the go is with BYO eskies at the champs, but in any case here is an offer for anyone that wants it.

I can get hold of virtually an unlimited supply of Ice Gel Packs (frozen solid) for your eskies, for nix. (this mob throws them out by the boot load). These things are a lot easier to use than Ice and of course you can use them again :-)

Also I can get some throwaway foam eskies that would take about 18 stubbies plus the gel paks. In any case I will have these to bring the Ice Paks in.

They come in various sizes, the common ones are about the same size as a usual potato chip packet.

Just lemme know in the usual Ozgolf fashion (add to the list) and I will make sure I bring at least 10 paks per person. In any case I can also get these babies anytime so you can always ask for some, within reason, i dont have a truck :-)

The only thing I ask for to compensate for the 'logistics' of transporting and freezing these suckers (which is gunna be a bit of an effort) is that you make a charity donation for my son Connor who is participating in the Jump Rope for Heart Foundation (http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/Get_Involved/Jump_Rope_for_Heart/Home.htm) fundraiser this month. Whatever you think is a good thing is fine by us. Chuck something in the bucket on the day. .

Donators'
SMS316
Brisvegas
DC68 - no carrots please
Rusty
Ap
jarro

cheers

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2987/image081qo4.jpg

poidda
14th October 2008, 06:16 PM
They aren't Techni Ice at all are they, as those things are the business?!?

BrisVegas
14th October 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm keen for some ice packs, so yeah, we'll sponsor your kid. I clicked the link but couldn't figure it out. Can I just give you some cash at the champs??

henno
14th October 2008, 07:35 PM
I clicked the link but couldn't figure it out. Can I just give you some cash at the champs??

Refer:

Chuck something in the bucket on the day.

markTHEblake
14th October 2008, 07:36 PM
No Poidda, just normal ones. few different sizes and brands

BV- yeah thats what I meant, the link is for Info only. (to show its not for the blake golf ball fund)

BrisVegas
14th October 2008, 07:42 PM
ahh right. see, told you i don't read posts properly.

Grunt
14th October 2008, 07:49 PM
Well I guess we should find out if we can take grog out on the course.

poidda
15th October 2008, 05:57 AM
Well I guess we should find out if we can take grog out on the course.

Resort Course on the Goldie?!?! Of course that's going to be a bif fat NO! Nothing stopping us sneaking a couple of roadies on, but I wouldn't be making a big deal of it.

sms316
15th October 2008, 07:28 AM
I'm just going to get a bottle of Jimmy when I get up there and add it to some 600ml coke bottles so they are somewhat subtle.

Count me in for the ice packs.

BrisVegas
15th October 2008, 07:53 AM
I'm just going to get a bottle of Jimmy when I get up there and add it to some 600ml coke bottles so they are somewhat subtle.

Count me in for the ice packs.

This is starting to sound like my high school graduation party... :oops:

sms316
15th October 2008, 07:55 AM
This is starting to sound like my high school graduation party... :oops:
True - but it will save possible problems. I can't see anyone giving them the sniffy sniffy test.

AndyP
15th October 2008, 08:19 AM
Why don't we have a dry weekend and just enjoy each others company?

dc68
15th October 2008, 08:28 AM
Bwahahahahahaha

henno
15th October 2008, 08:29 AM
Why don't we have a dry weekend and just enjoy each others company?

Well, I was thinking about coming next year. :?

Might have to reconsider :mrgreen:

dc68
15th October 2008, 08:29 AM
PS Blakey I will grab some gel paks please will throw in your bucket on the day!!!:smt078

amanda
16th October 2008, 09:05 AM
I agree about Techni Ice - those dry ice packs are the best! Even pack the freezer at home with them to help it run more efficiently

markTHEblake
2nd November 2008, 02:53 PM
Saturday Logistics:

I dont think these ice packs (in foam eskies) are gunna go to good sitting in the back of the ute all day. How about someone that wants some, find out when check in is, so you can put in your room. If we cant get in before golf, I will leave them at home and bring them in the evening.
(or work out another plan)

These will have been taken from a freezer on friday, and will stay at 0 degrees for 3 days if unopened, so as long as they stay away from the sun it will be cool! Of course you can stuff a couple in your freezer in the room too.

Nope they are not Techni ice, I asked about this, and the bloke said he did some controlled testing and found those Techni Ice things do not last as long as normal ice packs.

I agree about Techni Ice - those dry ice packs are the best! Even pack the freezer at home with them to help it run more efficiently

Pretty sure you didnt mean dry ice mandy, they dont come in packs. that would be the last thing you want to put in your fridge - kaboom!

i also asked this freezer bloke about your idea of using the gel paks to increase the thermal mass in a freezer, he reckons no difference ( i didnt understand his explanation though) But obviously if you lose power it will keep your fridge cold for longer.

Eag's
2nd November 2008, 02:57 PM
Check in is 2pm which is a bummer, I will be just stuffing as many drinks as I can fit into my bag. Although sms316 idea could be the go ;)

markTHEblake
2nd November 2008, 03:57 PM
Go peddle your cheap 2nd rate ice in your own thread you clown! ;-)

Eag's
2nd November 2008, 04:13 PM
I plan on bringing an esky for my grog and leave in the car if were not luck enuff to get an early check in.

I can round up another couple of eskies and some ice if anyone wants me to bring it.
Let me know.

I will be doing the same thing.

peter_rs
2nd November 2008, 04:41 PM
MTB some of us are staying friday night I will let you know if there is room in the fridge.

markTHEblake
2nd November 2008, 04:47 PM
Pete, they dont need to go in a fridge, they will stay frozen for up to 3 days in the eskies i am bringing. Besides there is no way you can fit all of these in a fridge.

I will have about 3 or 4 typical size eskies full of ice paks, so i am guessing enough for about 10 eskies? i dunno, its hard to calculatye without the grog in them :-)

I just would like to keep them out of the sun, so it would be great if I can meet some of you friday evening to put in a room, that way i dont have to muck about on Saturday doubling back everywhere. I gotta pick up the stragglers from teh airport for a start.

I'll drop by PM around 6pm at the earliest.

Rusty
2nd November 2008, 06:52 PM
Blakey put me down for some ice packs and contributing to the bucket.

AndyP
2nd November 2008, 07:30 PM
Me too. I'll see what the fuss is all about.

swanny
3rd November 2008, 11:42 AM
hey guys can someone arrange an esky for Bruce and myself. We are checking in friday night after playing brookwater fri afternoon

BrisVegas
3rd November 2008, 11:50 AM
swanny/bruce - you can borrow one of mine if you like.

Grunt
3rd November 2008, 11:51 AM
What size eskies are everyone taking? Was thinking of just bringing a small one of those soft sided insulation bags. The rooms at PM will have a bar fridge or will it be a full sized one?

PeteyD
3rd November 2008, 12:08 PM
Underpants gnomes will be living in the fridges.

Phone - Palm Meadows - Call - Ask

swanny
3rd November 2008, 12:22 PM
Ta brisvegas

poidda
3rd November 2008, 12:44 PM
What size eskies are everyone taking? Was thinking of just bringing a small one of those soft sided insulation bags. The rooms at PM will have a bar fridge or will it be a full sized one?

I'm doing the same. I can't see PM being to impressed with a bunch of eskies full of BYO p1ss being on the course. Slyness is the key here. ;)

Jarro
3rd November 2008, 07:50 PM
I'll take one too please Blakey

jaybam
3rd November 2008, 07:56 PM
i recomend you put all your clubs in your buggy partners bag then fill your golf bag with ice and cans/stubbies which ever is your choice. Put the cover over the top and the course people will never know the difference. :) Just think how many stubbies you can fit into each divider hole on our golf bag :)

Jarro
3rd November 2008, 08:16 PM
Jono could probably administer alcoholic drips for us if we asked nicely ....

.. as long as his wittle finger isn't too sore

markTHEblake
4th November 2008, 07:47 PM
I have got 3 eskies like this full so should be plenty to go around. Might be able to scratch up one more. This box is a bit smaller than a 24 can esky. Whoever wants to have the foam eskies as well can have them, they are only throwaways anyway.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2987/image081qo4.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image081qo4.jpg)http://img101.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Jarro
4th November 2008, 08:43 PM
Choppa might like a foam esky for beside his bed ?

sms316
5th November 2008, 05:18 PM
I'll take one too
Wouldn't be the first time you have muttered something along those lines I suspect.
:mrgreen:

markTHEblake
7th November 2008, 12:36 PM
I'l be delivering the ice paks tonight to PM, probably Peter_Rs will have em in his room.
3 eskies full.

Iain
7th November 2008, 06:29 PM
Can I grab a few Blakey, my eskie is only just big enough for a 6 pack, so will only need a couple to keep them cold thanks.

markTHEblake
7th November 2008, 08:40 PM
Two of the Eskies are in Baz's room tonight, the other eskie i will bring tomorrow. so see him or me :-)

if you dont know Baz he is Rusty's twin brother

Rusty
7th November 2008, 10:28 PM
Baz is the handsome one - he doesn't need specs