PDA

View Full Version : Going to be on the Gold Coast Feb 21st-27th...Nothing to do.

Speirsy11
24th November 2004, 08:49 PM
Anyone want to get a game that week some time? I'm going to be up there on the dates mentioned for a conference that I have no plans on attending. If anyone wants to play golf at any course in the area (Or in Brissy....I'll have a car) just drop me a PM and we'll set something up.....

I was crushed that I couldn't make it to the OZGolf worlds, but hopefully this will make up for it.....

Would it be worth playing Brookwater?

Speirsy11

Onewood
24th November 2004, 08:54 PM
Not a problem by then we should be looking for our next big one :D

davidp
24th November 2004, 09:01 PM
Definitely. Thanks for the advance notice, but might need prompting closer to the date.

Looking forward to meeting the crazy Canuck. (You're not a Newfie are you? :P )

goughy
24th November 2004, 09:24 PM
Mate, by then there should be a game arranged for you for every day that week. These brissie and gc guys are just golf crazy.

I may have to get my fat lazy butt down to brissie for another game. It's been a long time for me. I think our horton park game was my last trip. Hopefully I'll have permission by then.

Speirsy11
24th November 2004, 09:54 PM
NOT a newfie........

Can't wait to play up there guys....Thought I'd throw this out there early so guys don't have the old "too short of notice" excuse....

Looking forward to it.

Speirsy

shavey
24th November 2004, 10:25 PM
I think we could organise a Lakelands challenge by then.

Speirsy11
24th November 2004, 10:26 PM

Sweeeeeeet........Count me in for that 100%

Speirsy

markTHEblake
24th November 2004, 11:48 PM
Spiersy, I am good for a weekday game, i normally play in my club comp on wednesdays.

I have a couple of cronies, that get togther occasionly on Thursdays, and play at either Murwillumbah, or Kooralbyn, the latter being the back marker challenge.

Apart from those two courses, I am really not excited about paying a green fee anywhere else around here. Nice tracks but not worth the money they ask, especially when i can get on most of them for free once in a while.

cazandpaul
25th November 2004, 06:14 AM
That's a long way out for my roster but should be able to work something out as the time draws closer.

Australian Ladies Masters at Royal Pines is 24-27 February is always worth a look.

AndyP
25th November 2004, 09:30 AM
Spiersy, it would be great to get together and have a hit then. I am sure we could manage to organise a couple of OZgolf days during that period. 8)

Just checked the days, Monday through to Saturday. Will you be there for most of Saturday?

Jarro
25th November 2004, 09:40 AM

that's the ticket :smt023

.. it'd be good to have another Ozgolf day out at one of the nicer tracks around ... for the right price of course :wink:

Speirsy11
25th November 2004, 10:29 AM
Spiersy, it would be great to get together and have a hit then. I am sure we could manage to organise a couple of OZgolf days during that period. 8)

Just checked the days, Monday through to Saturday. Will you be there for most of Saturday?

I'll be there all day Saturday. The conference is a BIG Chiropractic one that I truely have no desire at all attending, so I'm happy playing golf every day instead. I'm flying out Either Sunday or Monday, can't remember, so I might be able to have a hit on Sunday too :D

Can't wait to get up there for a game or 5 :shock:

Iain
25th November 2004, 10:36 AM
Can't wait to get up there for a game or 5 :shock:
That'll be easy done, might even be able to get a few more in..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iain

goughy
27th November 2004, 07:15 AM
Just make sure you bring those shiny new irons from todd ok. I haven't heard any more about those on bsg. What's happening?

Keza_G
27th November 2004, 07:53 AM
Speirsy, Count me in... I actually don't work and the only day I can't play is Friday cause I have the kids at home but every other day..

Lets play........ Lakelands challenge sounds promising....

Cheers

Keza

Speirsy11
27th November 2004, 08:39 AM
Just make sure you bring those shiny new irons from todd ok. I haven't heard any more about those on bsg. What's happening?

Near as I can tell I've won them.....Hurray for me!....So, I'll have them just in time for Christmas I guess.....I'm going to sell them I think...I have a set of shafts sitting here that can go in them (s400) so I figure I'll get rid of them asap and find myself a R7 TP......but I'll have SOMETHING new and cool to show off when I'm up there.....

Can't wait to have a game, even if it's on the grainy greens in Qld..... :lol:

36 putts/Round, here I come.....

Speirsy

Flowergirl
27th November 2004, 11:53 AM
That's a long way out for my roster but should be able to work something out as the time draws closer.

Australian Ladies Masters at Royal Pines is 24-27 February is always worth a look.

Do you know details of this event. It would be a pretty good excuse to take a bit of a trip methinks.
Now.....tell me slowly( gotta remember I'm from Vic).....where is Royal Pines.......is that going to be anywhere near where anyone else is going to be playing....and can I tag along with anyone either for a game and/or to go and watch the big girls play?

markTHEblake
27th November 2004, 11:54 AM
Speirsy, Count me in... I actually don't work

Shavey what the...?

Oh its Keza. Your using the same avatar as shavey. - could get messy for his reputation if you start talking about ladies stuff.

cazandpaul
27th November 2004, 04:14 PM
Flowergirl - Royal Pines is in the heart of the Gold Coast and probably right in the middle of where games with Speirsy will be played.

As one old Victorian would say - do yourself a favour.

markTHEblake
27th November 2004, 09:00 PM
where is Royal Pines.......is that going to be anywhere near where anyone else is going to be playing....

Car parking is around Carrara Stadium (in Carrara), then shuttle bus to the course. There are signs everywhere leading to it.

If thats not enough help its near Nerang on the way to Broadbeach.

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 09:32 AM
OK.........I will be coming up for The ANZ Ladies Masters in February. I'm just waiting to see if my friend Kate can make it also before I book my flight.
I would love to catch up with you guys for a game at sometime. I'll be there from Thursday through till Monday.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you too Spiersy :wink:

AndyP
29th November 2004, 09:39 AM
OK.........I will be coming up for The ANZ Ladies Masters in February. I'm just waiting to see if my friend Kate can make it also before I book my flight.
I would love to catch up with you guys for a game at sometime. I'll be there from Thursday through till Monday.
Are you going to all four days of the Masters?
If so, it won't leave much time for that game. :(

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 10:20 AM
Are you going to all four days of the Masters?
If so, it won't leave much time for that game. :(

Nope..............I'll be happy just going to one or two days.

Keza_G
29th November 2004, 01:00 PM
Email us when ur on your way up FG..... I'd love to have a game..

Cheers

Keza

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 01:40 PM
Email us when ur on your way up FG..... I'd love to have a game..

Cheers

Keza

That will be great. :D But you are only allowed to use a 9 iron off the tee. :wink:

Keza_G
29th November 2004, 08:06 PM
That will be great. :D But you are only allowed to use a 9 iron off the tee. :wink:

No problem..... hahaha :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Keza G

Flowergirl
30th November 2004, 09:50 AM

No problem..... hahaha :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Keza G

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm( she says thinking out loud) methinks she is still too confident. Make that a lob wedge off the tee. :twisted: