PDA

View Full Version : 2 thumb / oversized putter grips, whos tried??

Matt 3 Jab
12th October 2008, 05:29 PM
Who's tried the 2 thumb or the superstroke grips??

Thinking of trying one but dont want to put it on the gamer until i've heard what people think.

Thanks all

Scottt
12th October 2008, 05:33 PM
I tried one of the ones KJ Choi uses at a demo day, took the hands out of action a lot. Might be worth a look for you, Matty...

Matt 3 Jab
12th October 2008, 05:54 PM
hmmmmm, yes, might be worth it......

Although the new tucking the elbows into the body and using shoulders only did have ok results.....

Ned
12th October 2008, 06:09 PM
I got both for a mate of mine.

He has two identical putters and uses them both.

Locks the putting style into place and for someone who was a very very average putter he is now running good figures on putts 12 feet in.

3balls is selling the KJ Choi ones at the moment and I've got some gear coming from them in the next week. (Although the USD rate is crap)

If you cant get one cheaper in Aussie, let me know and Ill get one ordered.

http://www.3balls.com/sitesearch/search.php?page=1&keywords=--grip&image.x=0&image.y=0&refine=y&Producttype=Grips&Size=Supersize

Matt 3 Jab
12th October 2008, 06:22 PM
bidding on one on ebay (no one else bid lol)

I'm a very poor putter all round, so might give it a go but want to try and save my old grip in case i hate!

macjackass
12th October 2008, 09:53 PM
Matt, try a spider or sabertooth.

Johnny Canuck
13th October 2008, 12:53 AM
a couple of my mates recently purchased the winn jumbo putter grips and they both love them. i have had a go and like them as well.

maybe try one of those before going the whole "supersize". they are available in aus and only cost about $20 installed. they also take the hands out of the swing.
'
i once tried the supersize and didn't like them too much.

Jarro
13th October 2008, 07:08 AM
Why not just try a double-overlap grip instead ??

A cheaper option ;)

3oneday
13th October 2008, 07:16 AM
I'd be surprised if Matt hasn't tried every grip (not the rubber kind) known to man.

I know I did ;)

I once spoke about getting the KJ Choi grip, but never did, just found it easier to change putters every other week :lol: