PDA

View Full Version : Belly Putter - Welcome Back!!!

nudgee
24th November 2004, 05:00 PM
As some of you may be aware I have been having major problems with putting yips over the last few weeks so much that I was averaging 4 three putts per round and getting about 10% of my birdie putts (ones within 8 feet). After trying every god dam putter under the sun I decided to bite the bullet (again) and purchased a belly Rossa putter.

Well I played it today and had no three putts and had several 1 putts. Shot my handicap and thats with my driver and driving iron misbehaving badly!!!

So I am stoked again. I dont know why I ever got rid of the old belly putters because these things just give great confidence in the stroke and my putter head doesnt wobble like my short putters do.

I am stoked with golf again as I was getting very depressed with hitting so many greens in reg and still scoring badly coz of my atrocious putting.

Now I need to find a Scotty Studio Stainless 42" belly putter and I am set (for a while anyway).

Boy I am excited again :D :D

BrisVegas
24th November 2004, 05:04 PM
Great news! Hope the good putting continues. Glad you got a nice heavy putter for such a long shaft, to keep it steady. Those Scotty's are all too light, in my opinion.

Peace. 8)

Onewood
24th November 2004, 05:13 PM
Well done mate 8) great when you can get them to the hole :D

Did you end up getting rid of that skirt on E-Bay :lol: :lol:

McMw
24th November 2004, 05:19 PM
you putter well with the rossa belly, and straight away you're looking for a Scotty??? that makes sense...

Jarro
24th November 2004, 05:26 PM
well it's about time :roll:

i remember playing with you a couple of times while you had the bellyputter ... you putted much better with it 8)

Hope you sink more now mate, i know you will :wink:

nudgee
24th November 2004, 05:28 PM
Mau,

I bought the Rossa coz it was the only belly putter available in ebay oz for little money and the seller was here in Brisbane. Now that I am happy with belly putter I will try and get one that suits me better - 42" long vs 40.5" of the Rossa and a head shape that I prefer better. I didnt want to blow a lot of money on a belly to find out that it was no good! There is logic to this madness :wink:

Onewood - I did put my skirt on ebay but I had no bidders - I wonder why??? :roll:

Fishman Dan
24th November 2004, 05:29 PM
4 words -

White Hot Number 7.

Ok, 3 words and a numeral, but you get the jist of it ;)

nudgee
24th November 2004, 05:31 PM
fishman,

Is the #7 a belly putter???

J

Fishman Dan
24th November 2004, 05:33 PM
fishman,

Is the #7 a belly putter???

Don't know about that - the 7 design is older and since the Odyssey have reduced the number in the range, but you might be able to find a belly #5 on eBay (same shape bit on the end).

We're talking White Hot here, not Tri-Hot, White Steel etc..

nudgee
24th November 2004, 05:39 PM
I thought the only white hot bellies out there were the 2 Ball or a centre shafted model.

Jamie

McMw
24th November 2004, 05:44 PM
I thought the only white hot bellies out there were the 2 Ball or a centre shafted model.

Jamie

you're right....FD's talking out of the horse's arse... :lol:

Fishman Dan
24th November 2004, 05:46 PM

Jamie

you're right....FD's talking out of the horse's bum... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50867&item=7115400504&rd=1

Go do your HOmework kiddies.. :roll: :?

By the way, i never said belly-putter ;)

McMw
24th November 2004, 05:48 PM
and that ebay listing just backs up nudgee and my post....what's your point??? :lol:

McMw
24th November 2004, 05:55 PM
nice work with the edit FD.... :wink:

Fishman Dan
24th November 2004, 05:57 PM
nice work with the edit FD.... :wink:

I was quick on the draw, you were just quicker on the read ;)

Have your thread back Nudgee, sorry mate. Thought there was a #5 mid out there, but all seem to be one shape - either Mid or Long

McMw
24th November 2004, 05:58 PM
they are a few of the WHs that has been modified to BP length....if they're available and if you look hard and long enuff...

tho I'm not sure why any1 would bother....
it would be like putting with a feather head...

Eag's
24th November 2004, 06:26 PM
Good to hear you have found something that works again Jamie :smt023
I will be watching that handicap of yours race into single figures :wink:

Jono
24th November 2004, 08:19 PM
Great news! Hope the good putting continues. Glad you got a nice heavy putter for such a long shaft, to keep it steady. Those Scotty's are all too light, in my opinion.

Peace. 8)

Hang on, hang on. I go to side saddle putting and you call me insane. Nudgee goes to belly putting and you say "Great news!" ??$#? what gives? :smt017

My putter is 45 inches ... Nudgee's is 42 inches. 3 inches between "great news" and "insanity" :?: :?: :?: :lol:

andylo
24th November 2004, 10:24 PM
Jono, I don't think you are insane. Whatever works for me is in my bag.

I am also tempted a PING G2 broomstick in goldcoast HOG for $299.... but need to justify the damage on my new love 1st (R7 TP)

Jarro
25th November 2004, 07:20 AM
well we know you're insane Jono, anyone that goes to side-saddle out of sheer desperation has to be a bit loony-toons :lol: :wink: (only joking)

Those of us that have played with Nudgee when he had the belly-putter will tell you that he putted so much better then, and we were shocked when he gave it away ( too much Ho'ing again :roll: ) .. so i for one was glad to hear that he was looking to go back to the tried and true method :)

.. on the subject of your side-saddle putter ..... how's it going :?: is it starting to feel a bit more comfortable now :?:

BrisVegas
25th November 2004, 07:50 AM

Peace. 8)

Hang on, hang on. I go to side saddle putting and you call me insane. Nudgee goes to belly putting and you say "Great news!" ??$#? what gives? :smt017

My putter is 45 inches ... Nudgee's is 42 inches. 3 inches between "great news" and "insanity" :?: :?: :?: :lol:

yep, pretty much. :wink: OK, so I am not consistent in my praising vs. condemning... buh. I'm schizo. :lol: Crikey I shot 98-80 on the same day this week. :oops:

Jono
25th November 2004, 07:53 PM
.. on the subject of your side-saddle putter ..... how's it going :?: is it starting to feel a bit more comfortable now :?:

Yep. More comfortable, more natural, less aware of people looking at me with the "What the ...?" expression on their faces ... :lol:

Sidesaddle works great for putts between 10 and 40 feet. I can judge the length of the putt better by looking at the hole front on. Inside 10 feet, I am using the side-on long putter method (ie. Lonard style). I seem to get the putterhead better on line this way.

The real long putts (40 feet+) are a bit difficult, because it's hard to take a long enough backswing with sidesaddle method. You basically have to hit it harder with the same length backswing, which can throw the rhythm of the stroke off a bit.

Anyway, bottom line for me is that I'll stick with it till the end of the year. If there is no noticeable improvement, back to the short stick. I feel good about it though ... :D

nudgee
27th November 2004, 11:30 AM
Hmmmmmm third round with belly putter today - had 25 freaking putts and shot 73 gross and 62 nett at Nudgees north course.

SIngle figures here I come!!!! :D

The belly is definately in the bag.

Also had the Titleist 983E Tour with the PM 902X Shaft - man this is one heavy beast of a combo. Was absolutely smoking this driver.

Man bring on 2005 :wink:

gazgolf1
27th November 2004, 12:54 PM
Hmmmmm....coupla new fairway woods in the bag I see 8)

Report please. :wink:

McMw
27th November 2004, 01:26 PM
so I take it the Rossa will stay in the bag then.... :lol:

AndyP
27th November 2004, 04:14 PM
Great shooting, Jamie, that's a sensational score. :shock: =D>

But you are going to curse yourself saying things like that. :wink:

Jarro
27th November 2004, 06:47 PM
Hmmmmmm third round with belly putter today - had 25 freaking putts and shot 73 gross and 62 nett at Nudgees north course.

Also had the Titleist 983E Tour with the PM 902X Shaft - man this is one heavy beast of a combo. Was absolutely smoking this driver.

nice shootin champ 8) did you win the day :wink:

so break down the score for me .... 2 bogeys :? what holes did you stuff up on :?:

.. about time you put up your Golflink isn't it :roll:

McMw
27th November 2004, 08:13 PM
think I'll spring for a BP too....
crappy putting display today....CRAPPY!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Onewood
27th November 2004, 08:43 PM

Good to see the tip's I give you up at Nudgee are working 8) Keep it up Mate :D Love to see my students do well :D

I did give you a few tips, "Did'nt I !!!!" :wink:

Eag's
27th November 2004, 10:57 PM
Well done Nudgee that is a top bloody score mate =D> :smt023
Can't wait to see this thing in action :wink:

Jarro
28th November 2004, 05:10 AM

.. and won the day =D> ( i just checked the paper ) :wink:

well done Jamie 8)

nudgee
28th November 2004, 03:18 PM
Thank you, thank you!! You're too kind.

Quick run down on holes started back nine first - four pars and then bogeyed the pissy little par 3 (14th hole) and the 16th hole but birdied 17th - Total 37

Front nine started with a bogey on the first and then bogeyed the 5th and double bogeyed the 6th hole (Index 1 and 2) - bad second shots and bad chipping :? At this stage I thought crap here comes the choke but managed to finish birdie, birdie , birdie woohoo!! Total 36.

Onewood I have you to thank for all the hard work you put :roll:

Gaz-no report on woods yet as thay have not arrived - should be here next week.

Mau - I have stopped looking for another BP as I am getting very comfy with the Rossa :wink:

terryand
28th November 2004, 04:33 PM
Bout time big fella....well done.

Terry.

Jarro
28th November 2004, 08:03 PM
so what's the new handicap Nudgee :?:

goughy
29th November 2004, 06:59 AM
Well done nudgee. Do you think the belly's ever gonna leave the bag again ??? :D

nudgee
29th November 2004, 08:03 AM
Goughy I hope this is not a honeymoon period with the putter but I just feel so much more confident with the belly putter and it just doesnt seem to wobble as much as the short putters.

Jarro - not sure what the handicap will end up been I will check with Nudgee today but imagine I will drop from 11 to 9

Jarro
29th November 2004, 04:36 PM
Jarro - not sure what the handicap will end up been I will check with Nudgee today but imagine I will drop from 11 to 9

8) 8) coolness 8) 8)

.. now how about putting your link to Golflink in your siganture so we can see for ourselves :roll: you big girl :P :lol:

nudgee
29th November 2004, 04:48 PM
Jarro,

I dont know how to do that :lol:

Jarro
29th November 2004, 04:58 PM
Jarro,

I dont know how to do that :lol:

#-o