PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Spinner shafts installed cost locally

macleod
24th November 2004, 12:38 PM
has anyone else gotten a rifle spinner installed by a local clubmaker and could you throw out the cost?

chris mc's got them and i know the cost but i wanted to see if anyone had work done...

davidp
24th November 2004, 04:53 PM
Sorry Macca. I sourced my Spinners from the States and had them installed by Garry at GCI. The install cost $15 if that helps...

A cheaper method to get Spinner performance is to take a regular Rifle and tip-trim it like an 8 iron and then butt cut it. Recommended by the tech guys at Dynacraft who are pretty much spot-on 99.99% of the time.

macleod
24th November 2004, 04:56 PM
yeah, i got my others from the us too...just lazy atm :D

can't hook up a tt tour concept so....

davidp
24th November 2004, 05:07 PM
Have you tried Ben at TP Golf? They're not on his site, but he might have them in stock.

macleod
24th November 2004, 05:11 PM
nah there was no need, i got a reply from TT a few weeks ago.

as you might know they are only doing them through selected premium clubmakers in the states, install only on most of the shaft types.

the TT guys said:
"The plan at present is for the TCI shafts to be available through select custom builders. I am not sure what the limits of that distribution are and I know our Marketing Department is trying to get all the details worked out.

It will most likely be after the first of the year before the product is released and the information will be on the web site."

would have stuck an old pulled shaft in but im fresh out and would be nice to put a decent shaft in this tour head

davidp
24th November 2004, 05:46 PM
This is for your CG10 isn't it?

Sorry Mac, I've only got 1 new Rifle shaft left myself, and I just got the head it's going in. (Maltby M series 60*. Thanks Phil from Infocus Golf).

I might have a pullout at home if you're interesed in something free. I'll have a look.

ben
25th November 2004, 09:29 AM
Rifle Spinners are the most over rated wedge shaft on the market. Use a TX Tour R Flex, best shaft I've ever used in a wedge. I've been converting a lot of very low markers to this shaft in both irons and wedges. I just build a set of TM Y-Cutter Tour Issues this week with the TX Tour R flex in it, freaking loverly!
If you want I can pull some spinners from my old wedges, absolutely useless (but hey, I'm not a big fan or Rifle shafts in general :) )

macleod
25th November 2004, 10:09 AM
part use, part resale consideration ben...

you have to go with what the masses want in the market that will impress :D

i was going to use a spare rifle flighted 4 iron shaft extreme cut down! :lol:

macleod
25th November 2004, 10:16 AM
Use a TX Tour R Flex, best shaft I've ever used in a wedge.

so these guys are ones on greens where a low trajectory and spin is a boon and you can pull something up easily? :D

hack = high trajectory for wedges to stop that HotDot
low marker = wants lower controlled trajectory, relies on spin to stop ball

darn, which category am i in again? :smt082

i guess spinners aren't a great match for me in the ball flight regard, but wouldn't the tx tour be a bit off the mark up here for a hack like me ;)

hmmm....maybe another wishon HF shaft :-k

part of me says i am normally not inf rton of the green so i still need a higher flight...bunkers, small children, tee boxes, other greens, cars....all an issue of getting over for me mainly..gotta go with the statistically certainites for my game!

ben
25th November 2004, 10:35 AM
macca,

if you are scared of the TX Tour then use a TX 90, second best wedge shaft :).

macleod
25th November 2004, 10:44 AM
mmmm...so with trimming down from the iron length what do you normally do to them.

just butt trim?

any suggested tip trim for say a 52* wedge, finished length 36.5" maybe?

i play my lob and sand at 36"