PDA

View Full Version : Logan City Golf Course this Sat 5am

andylo
24th November 2004, 10:40 AM
Me, Kee and KelvinC will be in.

(So this is the way to be in the money list thingy, right?)

Trung
24th November 2004, 10:46 AM
5am :shock:

So you can be home in time to make the missus breakfast? :lol:

Onewood
24th November 2004, 10:53 AM
Me, Kee and KelvinC will be in.

(So this is the way to be in the money list thingy, right?)

That makes the money pool even bigger for this week andylo, coz Keza_G and I are playing logan as well this weekend, so now there are 5 of us 8)

5am is early :shock:

AndyP
24th November 2004, 11:03 AM
That makes the money pool even bigger for this week andylo, coz Keza_G and I are playing logan as well this weekend, so now there are 5 of us 8)

5am is early :shock:
What time is your round, Kev?

Onewood
24th November 2004, 11:05 AM
What time is your round, Kev?

A little later then this mate :D I'll be still nocking out ZZZZZZZZZ while these blokes are teeing off :D

andylo
24th November 2004, 11:08 AM
Well.. 2 out of 3 need to taking care of our another half while 1 is married the right race because Korean girls meant to be the slave of their husband!! :roll:

Actually onewood, is our club got any comp. that has a trophy as prize?

Kee
24th November 2004, 12:58 PM
Well.. 2 out of 3 need to taking care of our another half while 1 is married the right race because Korean girls meant to be the slave of their husband!! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unfortunately, that hasn't been passed down to my wife. If I ever told her that :smt076 :smt021

Jarro
24th November 2004, 01:54 PM
5am :shock:

.. plenty of time for you to jump on a kite to get ther in time Trung 8)

.. you'd be just getting home from another big night out anyway wouldn't you :P :lol:

Trung
24th November 2004, 02:04 PM
Jarro.. I'm gonna be a good boy this week. Will have plenty of sleep on friday night 8)

Carnarvon Cup at 6.56am (Stroke)
Australian Open in the arvo

Jarro
24th November 2004, 02:19 PM
Jarro.. I'm gonna be a good boy this week. Will have plenty of sleep on friday night 8)

Carnarvon Cup at 6.56am (Stroke)
Australian Open in the arvo

have a good one mate 8)

Fishman Dan
24th November 2004, 02:23 PM
Don't groups have to be consecutive to be considered an OzGolf multi-player event?

Surely that's not a loophole you forgot to cover? :roll:

markTHEblake
24th November 2004, 02:31 PM
Good point Fish. I was kinda thinking that if its two threads, its two events.

Jarro
24th November 2004, 02:35 PM
Don't groups have to be consecutive to be considered an OzGolf multi-player event?

Surely that's not a loophole you forgot to cover? :roll:

i think this sounds a bit suss :? i thought you had to all play together or in consectutive groups :?:

AndyP
24th November 2004, 02:41 PM
Hey, you guys continue to stretch the rules and find loopholes. Why not another one? :roll:

andylo
24th November 2004, 02:43 PM
Cool... we move to here then :p

http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1126

Onewood
24th November 2004, 04:57 PM
Same course, same day, same comp, same results, same event, wheres the loophole in that :roll:

So if you want to set up a game at a course that has 2 tee times available but theres a group inbetween it becomes 2 event's :roll: Come on guys it's all about FUN and playing GOLF together :D

Fishman Dan wrote:

Surely that's not a loophole you forgot to cover?
Disapointed in yeh Fishman after me sticking up for you guys to have your game yesterday to count as 2 events :D

AndyP
24th November 2004, 05:52 PM
So if you want to set up a game at a course that has 2 tee times available but theres a group inbetween it becomes 2 event's :roll: Come on guys it's all about FUN and playing GOLF together :D

Key word highlighted for you.

Are you trying to tell us that these rounds are related? :roll:

Look at the trouble you have caused now, Blakey. :wink:

Onewood
24th November 2004, 06:01 PM
Same course, same day, same comp, same results, same event, wheres the loophole in that :roll:

You forgot to highlight these points :wink: If you're going to quote something....don't pick out words and twist them around :roll: ](*,)

Look at the trouble you have caused now, Blakey.

Blakey, has started a brilliant Idea for all to enjoy =D> its just that some ppl want to have a little niggle every time someone wants to get involved :smt102

Now lets all sit back and let it run it's course and enjoy the sportsmanship (sledging, heckling and all that stuff) \:D/

AndyP
24th November 2004, 06:21 PM

You forgot to highlight these points :wink: If you're going to quote something....don't pick out words and twist them around :roll: ](*,)

Settle down, Kev, I'm hardly twisting your words around.

I would just like to see this money list thing played within the spirit of the rules that Blakey laid down. I don't think this is the case on this occasion.

I'll stop being a Nazi on this thing now, as it's Blakey's brainchild and he donated the prize. It's just my opinion.

Onewood
24th November 2004, 06:29 PM
AndyP Wrote:

I'll stop being a Nazi on this thing now

Thats all I wanted to hear [-o<

Next time catch on a little Quicker hey :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyP
24th November 2004, 06:38 PM
If you're going to quote something....don't pick out words and twist them around :roll: ](*,)

AndyP Wrote:

I'll stop being a Nazi on this thing now

:smt104

(I'm with you, Fishy. Why the hell doesn't that whistling emoticon work?)

Eag's
24th November 2004, 06:38 PM
Holy shit Batman :shock: that is bloody early andylo.

damoocow
24th November 2004, 09:14 PM
good deflection skills there Eags !!
damoocow

macleod
25th November 2004, 03:36 PM
score!

i'll play with the early tee time group, my kittens get me out of bed at the CoD anyway.

what's that bring the money total to now?

5.00 AM
Andy Lo
Kee
KelvinC
MacLeod

AndyP
25th November 2004, 03:38 PM
Depends who you ask. ;)

macleod
25th November 2004, 03:39 PM
tree fitty! :D

yeah, i guess it's getting messy but perhaps it can be clarified post event.

kev's going to nick all the dough with a HIO i betcha ;)

say kev, did you get those HIO's with the rescue i sold ya?

Fishman Dan
25th November 2004, 03:41 PM
Now lets all sit back and let it run it's course and enjoy the sportsmanship (sledging, heckling and all that stuff) \:D/

I donate all of my OzGolf winnings to the Krispy Kreme Foundation for Unobese Children. I play for the good of the game only.

(Appearance money is another issue)

macleod
25th November 2004, 03:48 PM

I donate all of my OzGolf winnings to the Krispy Kreme Foundation for Unobese Children. I play for the good of the game only.

(Appearance money is another issue)
mmmmmmmmmm......
http://www.krispykreme.com/images/smallglazes.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041116/041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg
http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/430/20040402160011/www.mercksharpdohme.com/disease/heart/coronary_health/anatomy/images/infarct.jpg
http://www.yourheart.org.uk/images/myocardial_infarction.jpg
=P~

Onewood
25th November 2004, 04:58 PM
score!

i'll play with the early tee time group, my kittens get me out of bed at the CoD anyway.

5.00 AM
Andy Lo
Kee
KelvinC
MacLeod
2nd group
10.34 am
Onewood
Keza-G
Jimmy A (played northlakes with us)
Danny S (played northlakes with us)

Seeing we counted them in at Northlakes it looks like we have a pool as so.
First $12,000.00
2nd $7,000.00
3rd $6,000.00
4th $5,000.00
5th $4,000.00
6th $3,000.00
7th $2,000.00
8th $1,000.00

I'm sure if I'm a cent out someone will let me know :D

Pacific should be the same 8)

Kee
27th November 2004, 05:30 PM
Result for the 5am group today. Unfortunately macleod and kelvinC was unable to make it. One due to family reasons and the other due to being a sleepyhead. So it was just andylo and myself.

The Net scores are:
Kee 82
Andylo 106

I'll let andylo, if he wants, to expand to his horror start to the morning.

It was good to meet Keza-G and onewood at the range after our round :D.

Onewood
27th November 2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks Keza, for a great day 8) great to catch up with Andylo and Kee at the demo day after there early morning start :P

The final nett scores for the day:
Jimmy_A 67
Onewood, 73
Danny_S, 75
Keza_G, 79
Kee, 82
Andylo, 106

Jim and Danny will become new Ozgolfers after today 8)

For those wondering Keza, does get it out there :shock: A couple of times she got it out near mine :wink: :lol:

Great day and great fun 8) thats what this site is all about =D>

Onewood
27th November 2004, 07:46 PM
Our next Long Drive Champ :D

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/6262/PB270302.jpg http://img96.exs.cx/img96/8620/PB270308.jpg

Up against one of the best 8)

markTHEblake
27th November 2004, 08:19 PM
Same course, same day, same comp, same results, same event, wheres the loophole in that

No loophole - two threads is gunna hurt my brain.

I am monitoring the scores by keeping an eye on the First Tee threads, Somehow i gotta wade through 4 pages of crap about shirt colours, photo threads, and other jabber, to find some scores.

like to see it nice and simple so i dont stuff it up, thanks for posting the scores together.

markTHEblake
27th November 2004, 08:23 PM
Who is in the picture next to AndyLo?

Onewood
27th November 2004, 08:37 PM

I don't know wether I should answer this :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who's the Ladies National Long Drive Champion on the site :wink: :D

McMw
27th November 2004, 08:53 PM

tees it up pretty damn HIGH!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Onewood
27th November 2004, 09:04 PM

You're good :D 4 or 4.25" Stinger tees

What else can you pick up :wink: It is a bit hard to pick up from the back :roll:

McMw
27th November 2004, 09:25 PM
I'm guessing not an ordinary length driver as well....coz that's a DAMN :shock: long way she's standing from the ball...

Onewood
27th November 2004, 10:00 PM
You're not wrong there 50" :shock:

Onewood
27th November 2004, 10:07 PM
Keza's whats in the bag..

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/1440/PB270300.jpg

markTHEblake
27th November 2004, 11:26 PM
Andylo, you have a good look at that position at the top of the backswing, and compare to yours. Maybe its just the angle of the photo, but you look to have a lot of weight on your left side to me.

McMw
27th November 2004, 11:35 PM
Andylo, you have a good look at that position at the top of the backswing, and compare to yours. Maybe its just the angle of the photo, but you look to have a lot of weight on your left side to me.

u thinking slight reverse pivot???

alo- probably need to firm up the left wrist a little... JAT...
but hell of a backswing tho... good work!!! :smt023

Jarro
28th November 2004, 04:25 AM

tee it high and watch it fly :!:

you can't help but tee it high with these Stinger tees, they're great.

Nice pic's Kev ... looks like a good day was had by all ... course actually looks a little greener than last time i played there too :wink:

Onewood
28th November 2004, 07:22 AM
Nice pic's Kev ... looks like a good day was had by all ... course actually looks a little greener than last time i played there too :wink:

The greens were excellent 8) they cut them down for the first time this year and they were fast and true....

Keza_G
28th November 2004, 09:15 AM
Kev, What can I say mate...... a fantastic and memorable day....

Thanks so much for putting up with my crap putting and ordinary second shots.... The greens had me scared after the first hole..... Speaking of the first hole you didn't put the photo up of where our balls were....

To Andylo and Kee, really nice to quickly meet before we had to tee off.... we should make more time next time to have a chat and a whack....

Thanks to all the Logan GC guys for the entertainment..... by the way jimmy's a burgler and danny is too.....!!! (just joking....ha ha ha )

Cheers Kev

Keza_G

markTHEblake
28th November 2004, 12:47 PM

Yep. Having played with Andy I never really noticed that but the photo is pretty convincing.

Andy, did doug talk to you about this when he played with you?

Jono
28th November 2004, 01:59 PM

Yep. Having played with Andy I never really noticed that but the photo is pretty convincing.

Andy, did doug talk to you about this when he played with you?

I don't think you can really tell from that angle. You need a more front on shot.

What I can tell from this angle though, is that the shaft is very much "across the line" ... ie. pointing way right of the target. This means Andy has to loop the club a bit to get it on plane coming down.

As someone else pointed out, very good looking backswing nevertheless. Nice, athletic, full backswing position. If you are shooting 100+ net with this backswing, it means you're probably thinking too much, Andylo ... :lol: That's something I'm guilty of a lot of the times.

Re: Kaza's top position ... Looks nice and compact, which surprises me considering she is a long driver. I was expecting Zuback-like backswing ... :wink: The only thing I might point out is that the club is slightly shut at the top. However, many top pros, including Tom Lehman, plays from a slightly shut position.

Re: 50 inch length drivers. The LD tour measures the length of the club vertically. ie. stand the driver up vertically against the wall, and the length of the club is from the butt end to the floor. The legal limit measured this way is 50 inches. Turns out that if you measure the conventional way, this equates to about 48 inches, which happens to be the limit in USGA tournaments.

markTHEblake
28th November 2004, 02:42 PM
I don't think you can really tell from that angle. You need a more front on shot.

What I can tell from this angle though, is that the shaft is very much "across the line" ... ie. pointing way right of the target. .

I can see that too, butthere is nothing wrong with that on its own, plenty of good players do it, most notable being John Daly, golfer69 etc. If he keeps the same plane he will be nicely on the inside.

As opposed to crossing the line the other way, is very bad, as the golfer has to come over the top and probably the worse golf swing imaginable.

However being across the line combined with tilting will cause the golfer to either come over the top, or be too cramped on the inside causing the golfer to flip to get the clubface sqaure. I should know how that happens cos its exactly what i do.

Jono
28th November 2004, 06:19 PM
I can see that too, butthere is nothing wrong with that on its own, plenty of good players do it, most notable being John Daly, golfer69 etc.

John Daly appears to have crossed the line because he takes the club way past parallel (same thing with Mi Hyun Kim). As to G69 ... well ... his swing has more loops than a Dreamworld rollercoaster ride, and the club undergoes more rerouting than Pacific Highway ... :wink: :lol:

markTHEblake
28th November 2004, 07:13 PM
Nothing much wrong with Golfer69's swing, its one of the best here at Ozgolf. (his problem is all mental).

Jarro
28th November 2004, 07:27 PM
John Daly appears to have crossed the line because he takes the club way past parallel (same thing with Mi Hyun Kim). As to G69 ... well ... his swing has more loops than a Dreamworld rollercoaster ride, and the club undergoes more rerouting than Pacific Highway ... :wink: :lol:

don't sugar - coat it mate ... give it to him straight :P

andylo
28th November 2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys,

I also just notice (from the photo) that on the top of my swing the shaft is not paralla to the target line :(

Was trying to correct it last nite (Sat nite) but didn't quite get the feeling. But it's correct that I few times I swing over the top = duck hook + sometime feel a bit cramped.

Monday nite is my next lesson. See what is my coach said. He did mention this time is something to do with the take away.

McMw
29th November 2004, 09:19 AM
when Jean started playing golf...the pro said that where your club points to at the top of the swing, is generally where the ball will end up...

don't know if that makes sense, but I wasn't gonna question him on that... :)

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 11:48 AM
Thanks guys,

I also just notice (from the photo) that on the top of my swing the shaft is not paralla to the target line :(

dont worry about it, And more importantly you wont be able to correct it. If you manually try to move that shaft to parrallel you will only do so by creating a much worse fault, as you are altering the plane, that was set in your backwing. If you want to fix this, you need to correct the fault at the start of your backswing that put the club there - you need your coach for that one.

Worry about getting your weight properly to your right side. Have a good look at Keza's swing, and then ask your coach if he thinks you are 'tilting'.

If your weight is correctly on your right side at the top of your backswing, your right leg should feel like the Rock of Gibralter, and you will easily be able to raise your left heel well off the ground. If you cant raise your heel your wweight is incorrectly distributed are tilting and that is the cause of your frustration. Try this now, you dont even need a club.

McMw
29th November 2004, 03:43 PM
If your weight is correctly on your right side at the top of your backswing, your right leg should feel like the Rock of Gibralter, and you will easily be able to raise your left heel well off the ground. If you cant raise your heel your wweight is incorrectly distributed are tilting and that is the cause of your frustration. Try this now, you dont even need a club.

I concur....you need to turn back against a solid right side...

andylo
29th November 2004, 04:07 PM

Mark... I am not only can lift my left heel, and can even support myself with the entire left leg is hanging on air... so I don't think reverse pivot is my problem atm.

mau... concur =?

Iain
30th November 2004, 08:36 AM

Mark... I am not only can lift my left heel, and can even support myself with the entire left leg is hanging on air... so I don't think reverse pivot is my problem atm.

Andy, do you mean you can balance on your right leg while your left foot is off the ground??? :? If thats the case then you definately have a reverse pivot, as your hips would have slid over to your right, for you to balance on your right leg.

mau... concur =?
He agree's.

andylo
30th November 2004, 09:27 AM
Iain, please correct me if I am wrong. I thought reverse pivot = the weight distribution on the top of back swing is slide to left hand side of body/the side that closer to the target.

If I can lift my left foot on the top of my back swing, that mean I have my weight correctly distribute to right side/the side farther to target, so how can I have a reverse pivot?

markTHEblake
30th November 2004, 09:34 AM
Andy, that is the correct description of a reverse pivot - or tilt.

but you shouldnt be able to lift your left foot off the ground, and not fall over, just be able to raise it to your 'tippy' toe. Look at some old pics of Jack Nicklaus, and you can see he did that at the top of his backswing.

When your weight is on your right side, it is on the 'inside' of the right leg, like a spring wound to release forward to the left.

If your weight is totally on the right side, you have swayed = bad.

andylo
30th November 2004, 09:41 AM
Actually, this is what my coach told me lastnite :p

I turned too much to the right and the weight is not kept within myself.

I also have a "arc back" when finishing... I should stand pretty vertical in my finishing position. ;)

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 09:47 AM
Andy - didn't you have a lesson last night? Did you ask this question? Perhaps print out the pics you've got from OzGolf days, or do you have video taped during the lessons?

andylo
30th November 2004, 10:10 AM
I did.

He told me there're quite a few concern area but he wants me jsut to concertrate 2 things at a time.

It make sense to me... I used bomba myself with lots of info., tips, drills.... you name it. Then I end up a semi good looking back swing and shooting 100+ Net score in one of the easiest course! :p

Will have my next lesson 3 weeks later.

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 10:59 AM
I did.

He told me there're quite a few concern area but he wants me jsut to concertrate 2 things at a time.

It make sense to me... I used bomba myself with lots of info., tips, drills.... you name it. Then I end up a semi good looking back swing and shooting 100+ Net score in one of the easiest course! :p

Will have my next lesson 3 weeks later.

3 weeks is a long time to let old habits creep back in. Until you sort a few things out, i recommend returning every 2 weeks, perhaps less.

Of course, coming from a bloke who has had 1 lesson ever and in dire need of more, take this advice sparingly ;)

amanda
30th November 2004, 11:04 AM
Keep up with the drills only Andy - don't get off track - that might even mean playing very badly while you work out bad habits - but it's worth it in the end!

Has he shown you how to do your own video analysis of your swing? My coach explained my swing on video and how certain incorrect movements result in bad shots - now I can do it with my own video camera. Stops me from getting way off track between lessons.

andylo
30th November 2004, 11:56 AM
He did Mandy.... but the problem is I don't have a DV myself :(

McMw
30th November 2004, 04:04 PM
are you practicing your short game and putting???

and I'm not talking abt the 5 min "I'll have a quick putt on the green before my teeoff" routine...

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 04:10 PM
are you practicing your short game and putting???

and I'm not talking abt the 5 min "I'll have a quick putt on the green before my teeoff" routine...

A-Lo, great point here. Are you taking 5 shots per hole to get green-side, or 2/3? Because the short game is where you can take 5 or 6 shots off a round easily.

And forget about putting practice only - if you have a good enough game around the greens (as well as on them) you will start putting the ball to 1-putt distance consistently.

What you achieve from "1-putt distance" is another story though ;)

andylo
30th November 2004, 04:17 PM
That time I break 100 1st time is when my short game is on fire....

Maybe I need to practise some pitching and chipping A LOT MORE too!!!!

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 04:28 PM
That time I break 100 1st time is when my short game is on fire....

Maybe I need to practise some pitching and chipping A LOT MORE too!!!!

If only you could combine your short game and your R7... :-k :smt017 :roll:

Um, no. Please don't even try :?

Onewood
30th November 2004, 10:16 PM
The final nett scores for the day:
Jimmy_A 67
Onewood, 73
Danny_S, 75
Keza_G, 79
Kee, 82
Andylo, 106

Jim and Danny will become new Ozgolfers after today 8)

Just found this for you Blakey :wink: That was lucky thought it got lost for awhile there :D

markTHEblake
1st December 2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks Onewood, i thought i had already posted that one, its good to see we have got a backup system in place.