PDA

View Full Version : What would cause hitting on the toe

goonie
5th October 2008, 09:12 PM
Played yesterday and hit nearly all my shots out towards the toe, and all my iron shots way out on the toe. tried changing a few things in my setup and stance, but it made no difference. My irons were the worst, I have just started using them with the DGSL shafts which are a much lighter. My woods have lighter shafts too but have not been as bad.
The only other thing has been a lack of sleep due to a sick baby that is not sleeping very well. 2 hours of sleep before a round can't of helped. Had a swing of my spare clubs, PX shafts, and hit them in the middle.

Both irons set SW at around D1
Any ideas?

Minor_Threat
5th October 2008, 09:35 PM
Do you normally fade or slice? Do you take big divots?

goonie
5th October 2008, 10:28 PM
no, no

3oneday
6th October 2008, 12:29 AM
Left shoulder open ?

addamsmith
6th October 2008, 01:43 AM
Hi Goonie
Lack of sleep will play a massive Toll on your game. If I have to drive my cab From 4.00PM till 4.00AMin the morning play that day I am almost guaranteed to hit it like crap. I don't know how young guys can get on the turps and then go out and play the next day. Having a sick little one will take its toll on your game. I hope your child gets better soon.
I would not worry to much about swingweight just yet.
Let us no how you go after a few night good sleep.
Also one thing to check at the top of your back swing check that your left wrist is flat or near flat ( no wrinkles in wrist) This will play a big part if you are hitting on the toe after a good nights sleep.
Addam

JustSneaky
6th October 2008, 05:41 PM
I would really like to here more about this,if you wouldn't mind Addam,or whoever else has a view or thoughts,

I had 3 years of toe shots during the mid 90's slowly destroyed my left shoulder.Now nearly two years back in the saddle and I'm still only 75% shots on the centre and have read for hours all over the nett.

Minor_Threat
6th October 2008, 06:49 PM
no, no
So what is your normal shot? Do you hit pulls, you seem to be trying to look for excuses in your clubs and not bloke holding them..

What did the ball do when you hit these toed shots? What is your normal ball flight when you don't toe them?

3oneday
6th October 2008, 06:50 PM
you seem to be trying to look for excuses in your clubs and not bloke holding themyour point ?

:lol:

Webster
6th October 2008, 06:54 PM
either your clubs are too short or you are standing to far away from the ball. or both.

goonie
6th October 2008, 10:53 PM
So what is your normal shot? Do you hit pulls, you seem to be trying to look for excuses in your clubs and not bloke holding them..

I normally hit the ball pretty straight, bad shots can go either way but not normally not to far, didn't have any problems the previous week, had a really good day with the irons.

What did the ball do when you hit these toed shots? What is your normal ball flight when you don't toe them?

A draw with all my iron shots, and a few draws with the woods plus a hook or 2. and 1 or 2 that were so far out on the toe they stayed right, but hit some good wood shots too. it was mainly the irons.

either your clubs are too short or you are standing to far away from the ball. or both.

Clubs are the same length as my other sets, new Driver is a bit longer thou. tried changing my stance.

The "hitting on the toe" was only an issue on the weekend, and has only happened once or twice over the last few years, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a common swing or setup mistake I may have been doing, or if someone had this happen whem switching to lighter irons (only the second round, first round went ok)

It may just come down to a combo of lack of practice (only playing once a week) a few swing changes from some recent lessons, and a lack of sleep since our daughter has come along (15months old and she has been sick for the last month) I have also been a bit crook on and off for the last few months (sinus issues) and the bub has been.

Adam thanks for the tip

goonie
11th October 2008, 02:27 PM
Had a much better round today, a couple of bad holes and the putting was off but the woods were pretty good and the irons were great, I think your tip helped a lot Addam Thanks Oh and 6.5 vs 2 hours sleep helped a lot too. The only bad thing I have discovered is that the Snake eyes irons are about a half+ shorter than my other irons, but I have read this on the net.