PDA

View Full Version : The perplexing brown right hand..

welshy
29th September 2008, 10:09 PM
So, as I have had the last 2 weeks off I have tanned up a bit (yes unbelievable but true in Canberra) - as you do, I noticed the back of my right hand was far browner than my left (which has maintained it's usual welsh bluish hue). I have been out on the golf course most of the past 2 weeks, and just said to the missus "you know it's funny that my right hand is tanned and the left not, cos the way I hold the club the right hand faces the ground more."

She replied with "You wear a glove on your left hand" :lol:

Scottt
30th September 2008, 05:50 AM
I was concerned after reading the thread title that this was going to be about something else :shock:

If you don't like it, don't wear a glove. I never have and club slipping has never been a problem.

Jarro
30th September 2008, 05:56 AM
I take my glove off between shots anyway to let it dry/air out.

Sounds like something you should do too

Julie
30th September 2008, 06:32 AM
I've got the golf (white left hand, and brown right hand) tan on the hands as well.:lol:

Grunt
30th September 2008, 07:01 AM
Golf tan is part of being me. Got the full deal most summers the ankle sock marks and the single tanned hand is a normal thing for me.

AndyP
30th September 2008, 07:33 AM
My tan is looking fantastic with all the running I'm doing, but I'm yet to find a decent nude running spot where people don't point and laugh.

And the right hand is still more tanned than the left.

BrisVegas
30th September 2008, 09:27 AM
My tan is looking fantastic with all the nude running I'm doing, but I'm yet to find a decent nude running spot where people don't point and laugh.

And the right hand is still more tanned than the left.

why? where do you put your left hand when you run?? :shock:

AndyP
30th September 2008, 09:46 AM
My left man boob casts a bigger shadow than my right.

3oneday
30th September 2008, 09:55 AM
Isn't this how a missing (dead) Prime Minister was identified years and years ago, the golfers tan on his hand.

sms316
30th September 2008, 10:42 AM
why? where do you put your left hand when you run?? :shock:
Perhaps he clenches a fist?

Flowergirl
30th September 2008, 10:48 AM
Isn't this how a missing (dead) Prime Minister was identified years and years ago, the golfers tan on his hand.

?????????????????????

Courty
30th September 2008, 05:04 PM
No noticeable difference with my hands, but I have permanent sock marks (my feet are paler than an englishman's arse).

Iain
30th September 2008, 05:11 PM
No noticeable difference with my hands, but I have permanent sock marks (my feet are paler than an englishman's arse).

Same here....

3oneday
30th September 2008, 06:47 PM
paler than an englishman's arse

:smt087

shazza_rs
30th September 2008, 09:17 PM
me too....... might have to do something about that before the wedding..... do they sell foot solariums? ;)

Also have the brown right hand syndrome, which has become even more noticeable since I've been wearing long sleeve shirts to protect my arms from the sun.

Colin
1st October 2008, 12:25 AM
Yeesh, how often does your wives let you out??

On my monthly alotted golfing ration, there's just not time to build up a tan anywhere.

Col

welshy
2nd October 2008, 08:05 PM
Yeesh, how often does your wives let you out?
Col

Hmmm can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something seriously concerning here. I leave my dog outwhen he needs to do the doo ... I leave my wife out to go get the groceries...no wait I never said that :shock:

coalesce
22nd September 2014, 11:39 AM
Time to resurrect a long dead thread.

For those of you who take your golf glove off inbetween shots, do you find it helps minimise the one tanned hand effect?

PeteyD
22nd September 2014, 11:40 AM
Nice threadmine. Don't wear a glove.

mrbluu
22nd September 2014, 11:46 AM
Nice threadmine. Don't wear a glove.

+1 I don't wear a glove either

990B Luva
22nd September 2014, 01:17 PM
I don't find it makes a difference, but then again, my right hand is always in the sun when I'm driving too.

ZENNON
22nd September 2014, 03:12 PM
I don't find it makes a difference, but then again, maybe I'm just not playing often enough.

Dotty
22nd September 2014, 03:21 PM
+1 I don't wear a glove either
+2.

I even take off my cap to putt, to 1) let any perspiration evaporate and 2) minimise the risk of a half-tanned forehead.

KristianJ
22nd September 2014, 03:36 PM
+2.

I even take off my cap to putt, to 1) let any perspiration evaporate and 2) minimise the risk of a half-tanned forehead.

Otherwise known as the Cink or Swim factor.

Lagerlover
22nd September 2014, 05:13 PM
I blame the inferior quality of toilet paper these days..

mrbluu
22nd September 2014, 05:15 PM
I blame the inferior quality of toilet paper these days..

Are u using the back of your hand again???? I think that is user error.....

Lagerlover
22nd September 2014, 05:17 PM
Are u using the back of your hand again???? I think that is user error..... But I use the inside of my hand to eat with..

Coldtopper
22nd September 2014, 07:51 PM
I blame the inferior quality of toilet paper these days.. Been waiting for this? Checking for prostate

Coldtopper
22nd September 2014, 07:52 PM
But I use the inside of my hand to eat with.. hey thanks for that

chappy1970
22nd September 2014, 08:14 PM
Otherwise known as the Cink or Swim factor.

That's just wrong, he looks like a Cadbury Top Deck block

Monsta
23rd September 2014, 10:58 AM
For some reason this thread appeals to me.............. not quite sure why :D

Taking the glove off between shaots keeps my hands the same colour, and welshy, the Canberra sun can give the best of tans....