PDA

View Full Version : NSW Matchplay Final - Jimandr V Grunt - October 29 - Windsor Country GC

Grunt
29th September 2008, 12:48 PM
Jimandr wins 3 & 2

Where: Windsor Country Golf Club

When: 29th October 2008

Tee Time: 8am

The Final is here, NSW Matchplay Champion 2005,2006 & 2007 V the underdog.
Can I knock Jim off his perch and do what other have failed to do for over 3 years now? Beat him?
Or will he do what he always does and grinds out a win for title number 4.

We all shall see, hopefully the match will be held before the champs.

Camden Results

Jimandr 32 Points
Grunt 28 Points

Windsor Result

3oneday
29th September 2008, 12:50 PM
We all shall see, hopefully the match will be held before the champs.given that Jim probably won't be going, does this matter ?

Grunt
29th September 2008, 12:59 PM
Not really but last year they had Jim's prize ready. Either way it goes I will be able to pick up the prize for whoever wins.

AndyP
29th September 2008, 01:01 PM
Who's supplying the prize?

Go Jim!

Grunt
29th September 2008, 01:03 PM
He had a hat last year with all the years he had won on one hat, if he wins again we can just re-embroider and it is easy.

Scottt
29th September 2008, 01:07 PM
Jim is just too damn consistant.

But he will be giving 7 or 8 shots, so the scheduling of the shot holes could be crucial!

Jim 3&2, methinks.

3oneday
29th September 2008, 01:08 PM
So that would be every 1.5 holes ? tougher to work out than yesty :lol:

Grunt
29th September 2008, 01:14 PM
What was Jim off yesterday? I am only 3 games off 17.

Scottt
29th September 2008, 01:21 PM
You're not going to put the handbrake on are you Grunt? Jim was off 9 yesterday.

Grunt
29th September 2008, 01:23 PM
Am on 16.2, never put the handbrake on, that is not my game. I am a realist though and don't think I am playing to 16 at the moment.

Scottt
29th September 2008, 01:43 PM
*cough*handbrake*cough*

Jarro
29th September 2008, 01:54 PM
Jim 3&2, methinks.

At least.

I'll say Jim 5&3

Scottt
29th September 2008, 02:06 PM
Nah, eight shots (it seems Grant is determined to be off 17 by then) is a lot to give. Jim will get up, but it will be close.

jimandr
29th September 2008, 09:03 PM
I've just read the latest entry in Grunt's Swing thread. Short Game Lessons! His handicap should go down, not up.

As for me, my sore elbow/arm wasn't too bad yesterday, and it was bearable today. But I probably won't play again before the final, if we play it on the day I have suggested in our early negotiations (Thursday 16 October). So my handicap shouldn't change.

I don't really care whether I win or lose. I just want to play good golf and have fun.

Andrew
30th September 2008, 06:54 AM
I don't really care whether I win or lose. I just want to play good golf and have fun.

I hope that golf is the winner on the day & that everyone gives 110%, taking one hole at a time.

GO GOLF!!! YEAH!!!

P.S. It would also be good if there was at least two high fives (I know Jim loves his high fives) & one fist pump as you walk after the putt that is about to go in.

Scottt
30th September 2008, 07:00 AM
Andrew, you have me laughing so loud it's embarrassing! :lol:

3oneday
30th September 2008, 07:04 AM
Jim had a 3 putt cheered on Sunday :shock:, and I got a round of applause for a solid 2 footer ;)

Andrew
30th September 2008, 07:21 AM
Jim had a 3 putt cheered on Sunday :shock:, and I got a round of applause for a solid 2 footer ;)

Yeah, that’s the Australian spirit of two true blue, dinky die Aussies playin’ golf as MATES, walking arm in arm down the fairway with massive grins on their face & the sense of aussie pride in their hearts.

It’s making me tear up.

I’ll leave you with the words of Australia’s greatest poet & cultural icon:
“True Blue
Is it me and you
Is it Mum and Dad
Is it a ****atoo
Is it standing by your mate
When he's in a fight
Or will she be right
True Blue”

Think about it!

Jarro
30th September 2008, 07:22 AM
This thread is making me wanna puke :roll:

Andrew
30th September 2008, 07:23 AM

Spoken like a true Aussie

Andrew
30th September 2008, 07:26 AM
Is it a ****atoo

Hey, I just noticed John Williamson has been censored. Is this site run by Aussie’s or Russian Commy Maoist Terrorists.

No true blue Aussie would censor John Williamson.

Jarro
30th September 2008, 07:28 AM
Hey, I just noticed John Williamson has been censored. Is this site run by Aussie’s or Russian Commy Maoist Terrorists.

No true blue Aussie would censor John Williamson.

You can thank the Yank swear filter for that one Andrew :smt013

AndyP
30th September 2008, 07:29 AM
You can thank the Yank swear filter for that one Andrew :smt013Not at all. The swear filter is controlled by us. I hate those ****ing birds.

Grunt
30th September 2008, 07:31 AM
Yeah, that’s the Australian spirit of two true blue, dinky die Aussies playin’ golf as MATES, walking arm in arm down the fairway with massive grins on their face & the sense of aussie pride in their hearts.

It’s making me tear up.

I’ll leave you with the words of Australia’s greatest poet & cultural icon:
“True Blue
Is it me and you
Is it Mum and Dad
Is it a ****atoo
Is it standing by your mate
When he's in a fight
Or will she be right
True Blue”

Think about it!

Stuff that, this is serious. Jim is the enemy now:smt093 There a no mates in the Matchplay War that is NSW OzGolf Matchplay. No gimmies.
I may even use techniques I saw G69 use, the shank to the ankle of an opponent. If he walks off then it is a walkover ;)

Jarro
30th September 2008, 07:33 AM
Not at all. The swear filter is controlled by us. I hate those ****ing birds.

Well can you please fix the damn thing so all these great Aussie slang words can get through :roll:

Grunt
30th September 2008, 07:35 AM
Off topic but I can't even name a course in Chat because of the stupid swear filter.

sms316
30th September 2008, 07:37 AM

Spoken like a true Aussie

I thought the Aussie term was "kick start a vomit".
:smt078

Andrew
30th September 2008, 07:37 AM
I may even use techniques I saw G69 use,

Chatting up Indy girls & drinking 'till you can't walk straight while betting on number 4.

I'd be careful young Grunt. These are the sort of things only golf course architects are able to do. (Puking 3 times on the front nine of your mates course then walking off is right up there as well.)

3oneday
30th September 2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah, that’s the Australian spirit of two true blue, dinky die Aussies playin’ golf as MATES, walking arm in arm down the fairway with massive grins on their face & the sense of aussie pride in their hearts.so far from the truth you're potentially embarrassing yourself :lol:

There was a jumping castle with a birthday party in full swing going on behind the 9th green.

It was all in the timing of the celebration ;)

Coffs_Hacker
30th September 2008, 08:14 AM
Go Grunt ----- Jim is Ozgolfs second biggest burglar behind Welshy. Never seen someone claim to be sooooo bad yet win everything :wink:

Grunt
30th September 2008, 08:15 AM
Woo Hoo I have one supporter. Can't get too many though don't want to be the favourite, need that good ol' Aussie trait, go the Underdog!

3oneday
30th September 2008, 08:17 AM
I'm with ya Grunt.... but I'm a swinging voter :lol:

Grunt
30th September 2008, 08:18 AM
I'm with ya Grunt.... but I'm a swinging voter :lol: yeah yeah, you are just seething at your weekend loss, have to say I would have preferred to play yourself. Give it a week and you will be backing Jim.:D

3oneday
30th September 2008, 08:19 AM
yeah yeah, you are just seething at your weekend loss
yep, inconsolable.

Scottt
30th September 2008, 08:19 AM
Pete was many thjings by the time we walked off 18. Pissed about losing was not one of them!

3oneday
30th September 2008, 08:20 AM
Pissed about losing was not one of them!
pissed about playing like scottt maybe :lol:

Grunt
30th September 2008, 08:21 AM
Pete was many thjings by the time we walked off 18. Pissed about losing was not one of them!
Knowing pete I can say I was joking too, he knows he was never in the hunt and just got an easy draw to get as far as he did;)

Jarro
30th September 2008, 08:24 AM
yep, inconsolable.

Off to eBay for a little therapy now then 'eh ?

;)

Andrew
30th September 2008, 08:29 AM
Go Grunt ----- Jim is Ozgolfs second biggest burglar behind Welshy. Never seen someone claim to be sooooo bad yet win everything :wink:

The trouble is, he is so believable. He should become a politician. With an honest nature like his, the Australian people would believe any line he spun them.

Actually, I might become his campaign manager. I’ve watched The Hollowmen, it doesn’t look that hard.

3oneday
30th September 2008, 12:12 PM
Off to eBay for a little therapy now then 'eh ?
yep, new shirts coming, lesson paid for and attended, shrink booked ;)

:lol:

Grunt
30th September 2008, 09:38 PM
Date Set 16th October

Any others keen?

Not sure of the course yet. But more than Likely will be in the western half of Sydney.

Grunt
30th September 2008, 09:56 PM
Venue now added Camden GC. I will contact the club about getting a tee time in the coming weeks.
Anyone wish to join us? We will be looking at a 9/10 am tee time. For those that don't know where the course is. It is at Narellan not Camden so it is a little closer than Camden.

3oneday
1st October 2008, 06:17 AM
Is that Jims home track ? Rugby League ?

Grunt
1st October 2008, 06:28 AM
Is that Jims home track ? Rugby League ?
No Studley Park.

3oneday
1st October 2008, 07:27 AM
You threw me when you said it was at Narellan not Camden. Anyway, I'd love to come but won't make it.

Scottt
1st October 2008, 08:17 AM
Likewise. It's the day before I finish up here, so I imagine they expect me to make an appearance.

burger
1st October 2008, 10:18 AM
bugger, only 1 of 3 (me) at work that week so no hope of getting leave & no sickies left till MAY :smt013

stu.

Grunt
6th October 2008, 03:02 PM
Tee time booked 10am

Anyone wishing to join us, the other 2 spots are free. The Pro shop number is 46482387.

Grunt
11th October 2008, 06:10 PM
Not long to go now, wonder how Jim went playing today? If he played. I have not played for 3 weeks.

May the Best OzGolfer win!.

3oneday
11th October 2008, 06:56 PM
5 days to go, chill 8)

Grunt
11th October 2008, 07:14 PM
I am chilling, I need my golf fix. No golf for 3 weeks is killing me.

jimandr
12th October 2008, 04:44 PM
I haven't played for a fortnight, since I played 3oneday.

My elbow soreness suffered a relapse (immediately after I posted about how good the chiro guy was), so I'm not sure how I'll go.

I seem to be able to swing OK. But no golf and no practice means the short game might be a bit rusty.

It does look like we won't be joined by any other Ozgolfers, so can I remind Grunt to bring his camera to record stuff for posterity.

Matt 3 Jab
12th October 2008, 04:53 PM
may be in for this, depends on if i get my work done or not. havent played camden for a long long time

Grunt
12th October 2008, 04:56 PM
may be in for this, depends on if i get my work done or not. havent played camden for a long long time

Give em a ring at Camden to see if the spots are still free, not sure if they are though as I only booked for 2.

Grunt
13th October 2008, 08:20 PM
You going to join us Matt? Some one has to witness this epic match.

jimandr
13th October 2008, 09:47 PM
I want a witness as well, just in case I need a shoulder to cry on.

If necessary I'm sure we could even change times to get a spare time slot for three.

Scottt
13th October 2008, 09:54 PM
I'm looking at having a hit on Thurs AM, but will have to tee off by 8am, which I realise conflicts with Jim's "no sparrow's fart starts" policy.

Grunt
15th October 2008, 03:03 PM
Should I wash my clubs before this?

Going into psych up mode, I am going to make a pre golf playlist on the ipod tonight.

A few little tactics to set out for the match. First one is to make sure there are no bacon & egg rolls available before the tee off, I know how much Jim lifts after a good Bacon & Egg Roll. :). Also a few good holes early may see Jim start to get a little peeved and I will be sweet. Having played a lot of games in Jim's presence, I think I know his game fairly well. It is just up to me to see that knowledge used well.

I will need to get off the blocks early, set a target for Jim to chase and hold on. Jim will try to run me down and grind out the win.

Scott was right it is the most important golf event I have ever played in;). I am the underdog with nothing to lose. I am taking on the undefeated NSW Matchplay Champion, 2005/2006/2007. Can I beat him? I think I can if I play each hole one at a time, it worked against Mike a few weeks ago.

Oh Yeah, Jim may the best NSW OzGolfer win.

3oneday
15th October 2008, 03:08 PM
7/6 jim.

Grunt
15th October 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm with ya Grunt.... but I'm a swinging voter :lol:

7/6 jim.

Looks like you swung back :)

Scottt
15th October 2008, 03:14 PM
Going into psych up mode, I am going to make a pre golf playlist on the ipod tonight.

Just whack Eye of the Tiger on repeat while you stroke in three-footers.

Having played a lot of games in Jim's presence, I think I know his game fairly well. It is just up to me to see that knowledge used well.

My advice is to ignore what he does and worry about yourself. I have a pretty good matchplay record (career pennant record is 13/17) and I always just worried about keeping my ball in play and laging the long putts close. If you keep your nose clean the game should look after itself. Especially if you're getting a shot every second hole.

Can I beat him? I think I can if I play each hole one at a time, it worked against Mike a few weeks ago.

You were considering hitting the 18 tee shots, then 18 approaches, then putt out on each green?

Best of luck to both combatants.

3oneday
15th October 2008, 03:45 PM
You're too pumped. I just hope that golf is the winner.

Grunt
15th October 2008, 04:23 PM
Pumped? You aint seen nothing yet! I'll be more pumped later tonight. Look out tomorrow if I get up!
It is not to often I rise to the top, who knows I may never reach this elite level ever again.

gregh
15th October 2008, 04:29 PM
good luck to you grant, as you will need a victory under your belt before we contest a state of origin war on the 24/10

Grunt
15th October 2008, 04:37 PM
good luck to you grant, as you will need a victory under your belt before we contest a state of origin war on the 24/10

Ahh, a Challenge.

Challenge Accepted!

no more Mr nice Grunt there either ;)

Trung
15th October 2008, 05:09 PM
I may never reach this elite level ever again.

You are a chopper...

and before you say anything...
So Am I...... :oops:

Grunt
15th October 2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks Trung, I think :)

3oneday
15th October 2008, 06:22 PM
I'll be more pumped later tonight. Look out tomorrow if I get it up!
It is not to often I will rise
what are those pills called again ?

:)

Grunt
15th October 2008, 06:36 PM
what are those pills called again ?

:)

Some of you can't get those pills!

if anyone needs some adrenaline I have it on tap here tonight for one night only! =P~

Scottt
15th October 2008, 06:39 PM
F*ck your missus is going to be sore in the morning if you take this enthusiasm to bed with you :lol:

Grunt
15th October 2008, 06:42 PM
F*ck your missus is going to be sore in the morning if you take this enthusiasm to bed with you :lol:

Keep you redneck wife bashing ideals to yourself!

PeteyD
15th October 2008, 06:46 PM
This over yet?

Grunt
15th October 2008, 06:50 PM
This over yet?

Noit yet and you can count on the fact if results go the right way you all will never hear the end of it ;)

Scottt
15th October 2008, 06:51 PM
Keep you redneck wife bashing ideals to yourself!

Wife bashing?

WTF? So I need to spell it out then?

I meant that with your current level of adrenaline you're likely to f*ck her into next week, Grunt.

Grunt
15th October 2008, 06:53 PM
Wife bashing?

WTF? So I need to spell it out then?

I meant that with your current level of adrenaline you're likely to f*ck her into next week, Grunt.

I think I successfully got a fish with a little piece of bait there ;)

Scottt
15th October 2008, 06:58 PM
Fair call, if you're being legit ;)

Grunt
15th October 2008, 07:02 PM
Fair call, if you're being legit ;)

Why is that? do you doubt me?

Scottt
15th October 2008, 07:10 PM
I always doubt a post "bite" fishing claim!

Grunt
15th October 2008, 07:12 PM
I always doubt a post "bite" fishing claim!
Why you doubt there are people out in this world that are smarter or quicker witted than yourself? Respect your elders young man!

Scottt
15th October 2008, 07:15 PM
Why you doubt there are people out in this world that are smarter or quicker witted than yourself? Respect your elders young man!

I doubt them because I have successfully used them!

There are many people in this world smarter and with a quicker wit than me. You may be one of them. Fishman Dan is not.

Grunt
15th October 2008, 07:17 PM
Respect!!, I like that! ;)

Scottt
15th October 2008, 07:22 PM
But Jim is older than you, so he gets more respect, as such, I'm predicting a 3&2 win to the elder statesman.

jimandr
15th October 2008, 07:33 PM
I seem to have missed a few things by living a normal life today instead of spending it in front of a computer screen.

Do I need to get involved in these trivial pre-match discussions? No. Grunt can psych himself out without my help.

But if there are no bacon and egg rolls at Studley tomorrow I will take it very personally.

I was planning to arrive about 9.30, but I may have to get there early to do a mercy dash into Camden. There must be a bacon and egg roll shop there somewhere.

3oneday
15th October 2008, 07:33 PM
Go Grant.

PeteyD
15th October 2008, 07:55 PM
Jim, lose and you can add to that lowpoint thread ;) :D

Grunt
16th October 2008, 02:33 PM
So close but yet so far!!

Match Drawn

Replay to be announced soon, maybe at the FOS Game or last option is for Dunheved on 31st October.

Bad putting cost us both the match with me missing a 7 footer for the win on the last. I only got the lead on the last tee after being as much as 3 down early and 2 down at the turn.

Jim will no doubt post a report later today.

Scottt
16th October 2008, 02:39 PM
What about extra holes?!

Grunt
16th October 2008, 02:42 PM
What about extra holes?!

Replays have been played before, why change now? Last years final for Jim was a replay then sudden death after 36 holes.

Scottt
16th October 2008, 02:44 PM
Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the protocol.

Are you gonna be Cronulla, or Manly?! :lol:

jimandr
16th October 2008, 03:58 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting. I've just watched Dannii Minogue singing 'This is it' on Musicmax. A tune I never thought any music station would ever dare to play again. No golfing experience comes close to that.

Anyway, the match was an epic, with lots of choking at the end.

I won the first three holes, and I was playing well while Grunt was playing badly. From that point we both played OK without shooting the lights out, but I lost all short game confidence down the stretch. If I wasn't on in reg, I wasn't getting a par, and Grunt was playing well enough to get bogeys and win the holes he got shots on.

The turning point was 15. I was 1 up, on a hole with no giving away a shot. Grunt hit a bad drive, then a freak second that hit a tree-stake and went sideways. He was 200m away in two while I was sitting pretty 150m out in one. He hit a great shot, but even then may have been lucky to get through trees to 10m short. I did what I'd done all day, and missed the green, this time into the bunker. Grunt got up and down for his bogey, I didn't get up and down from the bunker. Still 1 up.

He had a shot on 16 and won it. All square. Then we both missed identical 4 footers on 17, but mine was for bogey, so I'm now one down and in deep despair.

On 18 I played two good shots to 10 feet from the hole. Grunt missed the green but played a great chip to 6 feet. Naturally I missed my birdie, but Grunt also missed.

Neither of us have reason to be overjoyed, as we both butchered the win, but at least I live again to defend.

Two years in a row the NSW Final isn't decided in the first 18 holes. Amazing. Last year it went to 38. Could it happen again?

Grunt
26th October 2008, 03:37 PM
It is all down to round 2 @ Windsor this Wednesday. Only change looks to be me being off 17 this time. Will 8 shots instead of 7 be enough to unseat the Champ? I had a good practice run yesterday against TG01 who was also off 9.

Trung
26th October 2008, 04:08 PM
Shouldn't you play off the same handicap as the first match?

jaybam
26th October 2008, 04:09 PM
I would have though so as well if one match has already been played??

Grunt
26th October 2008, 04:09 PM
Shouldn't you play off the same handicap as the first match?

I asked Jim this and he said current handicap on the day was fine with him. I also told him I would more than likely be off 17 due to the fact I would play more than once and was off 16.4 at the Camden game.

jimandr
26th October 2008, 05:09 PM
Ripped off again!

Last year in the replay I lost a shot and Mike got one back, so there was a two shot difference. I guess the precedent was set then.

I don't know my exact handicap, and to some extent I don't want to. I certainly don't want to get a shot back, because it will send me into double figures for the first time in many years. I don't want to find out that I'm on 9.4. I think the pressure of 'needing' to break handicap would be far greater than any matchplay stuff.

I'd prefer to have a good game. I suspect one shot won't make any difference, no matter what happens.

3oneday
26th October 2008, 06:12 PM
I hope the sequel is as exciting as the first shootout.

Scottt
26th October 2008, 08:27 PM
It is all down to round 2 @ Windsor this Wednesday. Only change looks to be me being off 17 this time. Will 8 shots instead of 7 be enough to unseat the Champ? I had a good practice run yesterday against TG01 who was also off 9.

Except that Jim is a master matchplayer and TG is the matchplay equivelant of Magda Szubanski at the Miss Universe Pageant. :lol:

PeteyD
26th October 2008, 08:48 PM
you are one sick dude

3oneday
27th October 2008, 02:12 PM
Club champs have one round to go there, one of my mates reckons the course is in outstanding nick. Just perfect for an event of this magnitude !

Grunt
28th October 2008, 03:02 PM
Time for the rematch.

Can I go 1 step further tomorrow and beat Jim?
It will be my first game at Windsor so not sure if the track suits me or is one that will tear me a new arsehole. We shall see after a few holes the answers should be known. Not 100% certain that Jim has played there before either.

3oneday
28th October 2008, 03:10 PM
Jim has, he lapped it up. Loved it.

You're screwed, right trees here we come !.

Grunt
28th October 2008, 03:16 PM
Left trees are more trouble lately.

But just ask TG & wbennett how well I got out of trees at Federal. They were shocked at pars from so called "You're dead" positions.

Recovery game is pretty good.

Eag's
28th October 2008, 05:11 PM
I reckon you would of played this match about 1000 times in your head already Grunt. Buy the time you get to the first tee tomorrow you will be mentally rooted......oh that's right you already are :razz:

Iain
28th October 2008, 05:31 PM
This won yet?

Scottt
28th October 2008, 05:32 PM
You played Windsor much Grunt?

Grunt
28th October 2008, 05:34 PM
You played Windsor much Grunt?

Not sure if never is much ;)

Scottt
28th October 2008, 06:22 PM
In that case, I reckon you're in big trouble.

Most of the holes are tight and bordered by thick woods that offer little else than a pitch out. I grew up playing Windsor, and became pretty good at a hero escape shot, but going back there now I can see just how much easier it is at say Cvmberland or Ashlar than Windsor.

I'd recommend bringing your "straight" game with you.

Also, many of the greens are raised like a caketin because the course is on the floodplain. Makes chipping a challenge.

A benefit is that most of the greens (except 8, 12, 13, 15 and 18) are extremely flat, so putting shouldn't be a drama.

Pretty ballsy/stupid to agree to playing the rematch on a track you've never seen before!

Perhaps not helping you is that the holes most requiring absolute accuracy off the tee are 1, 4, 5, 6 and 9. Think about your "first time"... even tighter than that :lol:

Grunt
28th October 2008, 06:56 PM
Well I never expected any confidence coming from you scottt as you said I would go down 6&7 or something like that in the last game at Camden.
I will take it as it comes and see what happens.

Scottt
28th October 2008, 07:14 PM
I'm not hating on you Grunt. My prediction for Camden was 3&2, from memory.

Just be prepared to take something less than driver off the tee on some of the par fours to keep yourself in the tussle.

From my limited experience playing with Jim (two games, one at Windsor) Windsor is right up his alley.

Grunt
28th October 2008, 07:19 PM
We shall see then. What happens happens. I will play the game that the course requires and if that is no driver on some holes then that is what will happen. That is probably my biggest improvement in my game, my on course management. Even Jim commented after the Camden round I minimised the mistakes that before I would try to recover in one shot only to make it worse.

Grunt
28th October 2008, 07:26 PM
So with no more additions to this I guess we are playing as a 2 & a 3.

Matt did not want to play in the same group as the matchpay so I guess it is as follows;

1st group

Grunt
Jimandr

2nd Group

Matt3jab
Scottt
Andrew

Would have been good to get more players and actually had more to see the end of Scottt.

Scottt
28th October 2008, 08:13 PM
Yep, and my end is actually quite a sight :lol:

Iain
28th October 2008, 08:17 PM
In your opinion....

jimandr
28th October 2008, 08:37 PM
To ease Grunt's worried mind, I've played Windsor twice, for 29 points and 35 points. Both times I hit the ball pretty well, but mixed in some very poor holes.

I like the course, but I don't think it suits me particularly well because it rewards the high soft-landing approach shots that I don't hit very often. If my short game is good, I could score well there, but at the moment it isn't good at all. I think Grunt will go Ok there, because it is a course where double-bogeys and worse can be avoided, and a run of bogeys might be enough to beat me.

I'll repeat what I always say. I don't really care about the match, I just want to play good golf. If I score 39 points and lose, I'll be happier than a win shooting 29pts.

I'm aiming to get there about 7.45 or so.

Grunt
28th October 2008, 08:53 PM
My mind is not worried at all. Just to have a game in good company and all will be good.

3oneday
28th October 2008, 08:53 PM
Great course, and getting 5 to turn up on a week day is pretty fair ffs !

Andrew
29th October 2008, 05:20 AM
I'm looking forward to this. It's a shame we haven't got someone to run between the two groups to tell us the score.

S'pose I'll just have to rely on the 'oohs' & 'aahs' of the gallery.

Grunt
29th October 2008, 05:30 AM
Hopefully the weather will clear, I just realised it is raining. Wonder if it is raining out at Windsor?

Scottt
29th October 2008, 05:50 AM
I'm looking forward to this. It's a shame we haven't got someone to run between the two groups to tell us the score.

S'pose I'll just have to rely on the 'oohs' & 'aahs' of the gallery.

We'll be fine. There is a subtle difference between a Grunt eagle roar and a Jimandr eagle roar :lol:

Plus, with a two and a three packed between fours, we'll spend plenty of time standing around together, methinks.

3oneday
29th October 2008, 05:51 AM
Fair chance it will be raining out there, steady drizzle at Blacktown.

peter_rs
29th October 2008, 08:11 AM
grunt 2 up after 2.

PeteyD
29th October 2008, 08:35 AM
impressive start for grunt

sms316
29th October 2008, 08:45 AM
You're on.

3oneday
29th October 2008, 08:56 AM
All square through 6, geez I hope Scotttttttt stops smsing me :p

:lol:

Sydney Hacker
29th October 2008, 09:10 AM
It would have to be pretty wet out there by now wouldn't it ?

PeteyD
29th October 2008, 09:13 AM
Grunts gonna drown. And then get smashed on Friday week as well, he will not be a happy boy for the champs.

3oneday
29th October 2008, 09:19 AM
Only light mist according to Scotttttt, oh, and they are playing average golf as well.

Stand by for another update around bacon and egg time.

sms316
29th October 2008, 09:21 AM
Is Grunt a mudder ?
His mudder was a mudder...

Eag's
29th October 2008, 09:32 AM
Wonder if that extra shot Jim has to give grunt this time around will come into it if things get tight near the end??

sms316
29th October 2008, 09:32 AM
Grunt 1 up through 9.

3oneday
29th October 2008, 09:40 AM
Woohoo, BIG trouble right on 12 and 14 !

sms316
29th October 2008, 10:47 AM
Bloody hell! Jim one up through 14.

Extract a digit Grunt!

3oneday
29th October 2008, 10:55 AM
Soft finish coming up, Jim to win 2/1 ;)

and as I post this, Jim now 2 up through 15 !

sms316
29th October 2008, 11:03 AM
****!

sms316
29th October 2008, 12:28 PM
Dunno. Haven't heard since the 15th.

Maybe they are still going.

Iain
29th October 2008, 12:34 PM
Oh the suspense!! :mrgreen:

Scottt
29th October 2008, 12:36 PM
I'll let the victor call the result...

Golf was the winner on the day.

Andrew
29th October 2008, 12:37 PM
Dunno. Haven't heard since the 15th.

Maybe they are still going.

nah, they'll leave it until one of them can get home to post

sms316
29th October 2008, 12:41 PM
Either way I will get it back from you next week.

3oneday
29th October 2008, 01:18 PM
Golf was the winner on the day.
ok, so they played crap then, what did golf win by, 10/9 ?

;)

3oneday
29th October 2008, 01:59 PM
What is this, suck in a qldr Wednesday ?

1-0

;)

3oneday
29th October 2008, 02:02 PM
I've never edited the wink on the original post ?, you sucker :p

sucker sucker suuuuucker, sucker sucker suuuucker :p:p:p

PeteyD
29th October 2008, 02:08 PM
A Fishing trip is the last resort of someone that just ****t up.

Grunt
29th October 2008, 02:08 PM
Well as most of you expected I got done, played crap. No wait crap would have beat me too.
3 & 2 result
I think I only hit 1 or 2 fairways all day and is was mostly left. Oh there is always next year. The lost ball on 16 killed me and I could not be bothered going back to the tee to reload. Would not have mattered as Jim putted in from off the green for par.
Jim will no doubt post a more thorough report.

sms316
29th October 2008, 02:09 PM
Damn you Grunt.

3oneday
29th October 2008, 02:21 PM
A Fishing trip is the last resort of someone that just ****t up.actually it was quite pleasing to see someone actually noticed, given of course that golf kicked both their arses.

sms316
29th October 2008, 02:24 PM
Congrats Jimbo...bad luck Grunt..scuked the **** in SMS...get used to handing over money to me !
I'll donate your $10 to Hollywoods on your behalf.

jimandr
29th October 2008, 03:44 PM
Well as most of you expected I got done, played crap. No wait crap would have beat me too.

Jim will no doubt post a more thorough report.

I don't feel like posting a thorough report, as I played crap as well. I won, but I didn't deserve to win. Rather strangely, my putting turned out to be the best part of my game, and I holed a few nice pressure 4 footers that may have changed the result if I had missed them.

As scottt observed part way through the round, this was the exact opposite of the Showdown in the Sun at Turnberry. Rain, and a woeful standard of golf for the most part.

Thanks to the people who showed a ridiculous amount of interest in this event. Perhaps we'll still have enough enthusiasm to do it again next year.

AndyP
29th October 2008, 03:46 PM
Congrats on number 4, Jim.

Do you want a special userbar to commemorate it?

jimandr
29th October 2008, 04:08 PM
Why not?

At least I'll have something nobody else has got.

JustSneaky
29th October 2008, 04:18 PM
Congrats Jim

:smt038

Iain
29th October 2008, 05:18 PM
No disrespect intended Jim but how ****ed are those other NSW clowns to let you win 4 in a row ?
Do they just have no ticker ?

Well they are from NSW.... :lol:

Eag's
29th October 2008, 06:33 PM
Well done Jim, bad luck grunt.

jimandr
29th October 2008, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=golfer69;262712]No disrespect intended Jim but how ****ed are those other NSW clowns to let you win 4 in a row ?
Do they just have no ticker ?[/QUOTE

I have said many times in my reports of the matches that I seem to have a talent for making my opponents play badly.

This year, my scores in each game were... 30pts, 32pts, 34pts, 32pts in the 'first 18 of the final' and 31pts in the replay.

So it isn't my high quality play that does it.

amanda
30th October 2008, 07:57 AM
Congrats Jim!

burger
30th October 2008, 08:45 AM
Well done Jim! Great effort, sounds like once again you were solid when it mattered.

Flowergirl
30th October 2008, 08:47 AM
Well done Jim. You're da man!!!!!!!:smt038

Bad luck Grant.:cry: