PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Inaugural OzGolf Four-Club Challenge

Scottt
25th September 2008, 05:02 PM
The title says it all. Time to have one of these and see who can get creative.

Tentatively looking at Sunday, October 26, (or a Tuesday or Wednesday if that would suit more poeple) to be played somewhere with a Sunday comp in western Sydney (maybe around Cumberland/Ashlar sort of territory.

Who's keen, and what do you reckon you'd use?

I'm in, obviously, and I'll nominate four wood, seven iron, sand wedge and putter

henno
25th September 2008, 05:06 PM
I have always wanted to do this.

I think I would take 3H, 7i, SW and putter.

Unfortunatly a) I am in brissy, b) I'll be at Gold Coast Indy, and c) I suck and you wouldn't want to have to watch me top my 3H all day.

Minor_Threat
25th September 2008, 05:33 PM
These are great. Its been about 15 years since I played in one of these!

I can't make it but if I was playing Cumberland or Ashlar I would bring:
5 wood, 7 iron, Sand Wedge, Putter

Grunt
25th September 2008, 06:35 PM
I did this at Macarthur Grange a few years back and won the day using Driver, 3i hybrid, 7 iron, Gap wedge. I putted with the hybrid.

Why not just do it a cheap course that will allow social play, no point playing a comp fee. There are heaps of deals with Golflink thru the week and weekends.

3oneday
25th September 2008, 08:18 PM
Play the 9 holer at the back of Marsden Park....

Putter
Gappy
6 iron
Hybrid

Scottt
25th September 2008, 08:30 PM
Grunt: The comp fee of $20 will be cheaper than a social fee at pretty much any course. Plus, it'd be cool if someone won the comp with four clubs :lol:

Grunt
25th September 2008, 08:33 PM
I am just thinking that clubs may not take to kindly to having a novelty event at their open days. I don't want to burn bridges that is all.

adlo
25th September 2008, 08:35 PM
We play a 4 club + putter every year. Most B grade golfers shoot better than handicap for the day. Last year I played 3H, 5 iron, 7 iron, 9 iron and putter and made sure I stayed away from bunkers (which worked all but once).

Scottt
25th September 2008, 08:50 PM
I am just thinking that clubs may not take to kindly to having a novelty event at their open days. I don't want to burn bridges that is all.

If it gets them 12 or so starters in time slots that might otherwise have been empty, I reckon they'd be pleased. We're not gonna sink piss and root up the course, this is a serious matter 3!

Grunt
25th September 2008, 08:53 PM
By the way 26th October is no good for me am going to Canberra to play the previous day. Will be a home day that day, ozgolf champs trip not to far away from that.

Scottt
25th September 2008, 08:55 PM
fair enough.

Matt 3 Jab
25th September 2008, 10:09 PM
scottt and i were talking about this.

The club cant say shit about us having 4 clubs, no rule saying you must carry 14. i'm in if im not wotking

3oneday
25th September 2008, 10:29 PM
this is a serious matter 3!
hoi, whadidido ?

26th sucks for me, but Marsden might be the only place I'd play this I reckon :p I could bring my son, it's his length course ;)

virge666
25th September 2008, 10:49 PM
I am in - but need it during the week.

Club champs all through October. Though I will probably be jack of it come the 26th...

amanda
26th September 2008, 08:35 AM
Damn this sounds like heaps of fun but we are away that weekend :(

Scottt
26th September 2008, 09:51 AM
Alright then, midweek?

It's pretty far out, but Springwood has a very low-key and quiet Tuesday comp and I know the pro and the trainee, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind us doing it.

It's only 15 mins past Penrith... we could do it the 21st or 28th?

sms316
26th September 2008, 09:53 AM
I heard once that Springwood has the highest % of population who are lesbians. Can this be confirmed?

Scottt
26th September 2008, 09:58 AM
Negative. Newtown ftw!

3oneday
26th September 2008, 11:53 AM
I heard once that Springwood has the highest % of population who are lesbians. Can this be confirmed?do you reckon they all play golf ? be the only way of confirmation... no other reason to go there than for golf !

Unless looking at fat lezzo's does it for you ?

sms316
26th September 2008, 11:57 AM
I'll pass on Rosie O'Donnell thanks...

tg01
26th September 2008, 12:05 PM

Funny you should say that - his sick fantasy of Karrie Webb is quite shameful.

sms316
26th September 2008, 12:07 PM
Don't get me started on stories about lesbians. I remember a colourful story from high school.

Dotty
26th September 2008, 10:14 PM
I heard once that Springwood has the highest % of population who are lesbians. Can this be confirmed?
You are surprisingly close.
There is a private retreat / hospital that performs a lot of gender re-assignment surgery. (A friend works in the chemist shop nearby, and took a while to work out what was happening.)

v205
26th September 2008, 11:47 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun, never tried it before although I've heard about it. We should do one in VIC.

Hmm... I reckon...

- 3 iron (distance), 7 iron (mid), PW (finesse / SW), Putter

and maybe the 3i can be a putter too which gives one more club to suit the course??