PDA

View Full Version : Callaway x-tour 6-pw + x-tour 50 vintage SOLD

macjackass
24th September 2008, 12:22 PM
Bit of a long shot but have the above just sitting around. Would obviously suit someone who plays hybrids. Anyway, the 6-pw have dg s300 and the gap wedge has a factory fitted black gold s flex. $200 shipped. The faces are in pretty good shape, overall condition 8-8.5/10. Unfortunately no pics but could shoot you some camera phone pics to give you an idea. SOLD

Webster
24th September 2008, 12:35 PM
I've heard that the X-tours feel a bit harsh during impact (i think Virge quoted this somewhere else). How do they compare to other "softer" forgings like Mizuno and Miura?

Jack.

macjackass
24th September 2008, 12:48 PM
I've heard that the X-tours feel a bit harsh during impact (i think Virge quoted this somewhere else). How do they compare to other "softer" forgings like Mizuno and Miura?

Jack.

Yawn.

Webster
24th September 2008, 01:08 PM
pics?

dc68
24th September 2008, 01:16 PM

Jack.

These are cast clubs Jack.... Think you may be thinking of the X-Forged

golfnugget76
24th September 2008, 01:17 PM
I love my X Tours - They are as soft as butter!

These are a great price!

Webster
24th September 2008, 01:24 PM
These are cast clubs Jack.... Think you may be thinking of the X-Forged

Is there a difference?

macjackass
24th September 2008, 01:30 PM
For those actually interested (as opposed to those making their usual boring observations) they are actually forged, not cast as dc68 mentioned.

dc68
24th September 2008, 01:33 PM
Is there a difference?

With Callaway crap probably not....

dc68
24th September 2008, 01:33 PM
For those actually interested (as opposed to those making their usual boring observations) they are actually forged, not cast as dc68 mentioned.

My apologies.... they just look cast then.

Webster
24th September 2008, 01:35 PM
Where are the pics? I'm interested in these.

BrisVegas
24th September 2008, 01:36 PM
i can go home now, i've learnt something new today!

"Forged precision and feel with Callaway Golf playability.

The X-Tour Irons are manufactured with a proprietary two-piece forging process; the face is laser-welded to the body, allowing Callaway Golf to incorporate its patented 360-degree undercut channel technology to increase perimeter weighting in the club. The result? A professional-grade forged iron that delivers excellent workability and control, with legendary Callaway Golf playability."

http://callawaygolfpreowned.com/isets/isets-x-tour.aspx?s_kwcid=callaway%20x%20tour%20irons|2416 972285

macjackass
24th September 2008, 01:40 PM
i can go home now, i've learnt something new today!

"Forged precision and feel with Callaway Golf playability.

The X-Tour Irons are manufactured with a proprietary two-piece forging process; the face is laser-welded to the body, allowing Callaway Golf to incorporate its patented 360-degree undercut channel technology to increase perimeter weighting in the club. The result? A professional-grade forged iron that delivers excellent workability and control, with legendary Callaway Golf playability."

http://callawaygolfpreowned.com/isets/isets-x-tour.aspx?s_kwcid=callaway%20x%20tour%20irons|2416 972285

They sure write some long-winded crap. Decent clubs though and price pretty good too. Jack, read the bottom line of the first post!

Webster
24th September 2008, 01:45 PM
send the pics to someone else then who can post them

macjackass
24th September 2008, 01:48 PM
We have a new pc and I don't have the software or the cord, hence no pics. Apologies but that's the way it is I'm afraid.

Jarro
24th September 2008, 01:49 PM
send the pics to someone else then who can post them

send macjackass your mobile number and he can send you the pics directly.

Webster
24th September 2008, 01:50 PM
hmmm.....i would like to potentially be all over these but the lack of pics makes me very hesitant. Sorry.

Webster
24th September 2008, 01:51 PM
send macjackass your mobile number and he can send you the pics directly.

my phone doesnt recieve them in good enough quality (and I can't get them out of the phone anyway) so they should be sent to someone else who can do it.

I need to see some accurate pics before I make my initial low-ball offer....

macjackass
24th September 2008, 01:53 PM
Oh well, maybe put the $200 you're not spending and get a phone that lets you see pics.

Webster
24th September 2008, 01:59 PM
yeah, good idea.

Are these standard lofts and lie angles? What grips are fitted?

macjackass
24th September 2008, 02:03 PM
Standard L/L/L. Golf pride tour velvets except the 6 iron that has a stock callaway grip.

Webster
24th September 2008, 02:21 PM
Why is the 6 iron a different grip? Is it matched to the rest of the set or did you get the 6 iron seperately?

BrisVegas
24th September 2008, 02:22 PM
slow day today jack? :lol:

Webster
24th September 2008, 02:26 PM
sorry, but without any pictures I need to ask a lot more questions (except for the usual stupid ones like "whats replacing this?")

macjackass
24th September 2008, 02:28 PM
Don't know, I got them off someone I know and that's how they came.

Webster
24th September 2008, 02:29 PM
serial number on the 8 iron?

sms316
24th September 2008, 02:31 PM
slow day today jack? :lol:
Jack's chasing 2000 posts by the end of the day.

Webster
24th September 2008, 02:34 PM
Jack's chasing 2000 posts by the end of the day.

Stay out of this thread moron...these are right handed irons and they won't suit your crappy cack handed game anyway.

sms316
24th September 2008, 02:38 PM
Stay out of this thread moron...these are right handed irons and they won't suit your crappy cack handed game anyway.
Personal attack? I'm very hurt by that.
:cry:

Webster
24th September 2008, 02:42 PM
If you were a right hander I would only slag off at you half as much.

sms316
24th September 2008, 02:49 PM
I always thought you gave me crap because I am a fat prick.

Webster
24th September 2008, 03:13 PM
No, I would never make fun of someones physical imperfections.

macjackass,

serial number on the 8 iron????

Fishman Dan
24th September 2008, 05:51 PM
Do you offer a refund (at buyers postage cost) if your picless, unmatched, serial numberless clubs don't meet the buyers satisfaction?

3oneday
24th September 2008, 06:04 PM
Do you offer a refund (at buyers postage cost) if your picless, unmatched, serial numberless clubs don't meet the buyers satisfaction?You know, if Jack was scratched from the shit stirrer stakes, you'd still be a 1,000,000-1 pop, you really have nothin.....

It's noble that you have the forum interests at heart, but seriously :roll:

Now, to start that poll to have king shit stirrer barred from posting in the pro shop.

Webster
24th September 2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for what I think is a complimnet 3oneday.

I have asked a series of legitimate questions, all of which could have easily been avoided if pics were mandatory in all Pro Shop threads. Callaway gear is faked all over the place, so you have to be careful, which is why they have this on the Callaway Website:

"If you are purchasing a set of irons, does the 8-iron have a serial number on it? If the answer is "no," there is a very high probability that these clubs could be counterfeit. "

macjackass said he wasn't the original owner so it is even more important to confirm the authenticity of the clubs, hence the serial number issue must be resolved. I have no reason to suspect something funny going on with these clubs, and hopefully we can find out the serial number very soon to remove any doubt.

Then I can make my first lowball offer on these irons!

Jack.

3oneday
24th September 2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks for what I think is a complimnet 3oneday.
Jack.it was :oops: but it was more about Dun, so I don't feel so bad.

I have asked a series of legitimate questions, all of which could have easily been avoided if pics were mandatory in all Pro Shop threads. Callaway gear is faked all over the place, so you have to be careful,
Fair enough, start a thread with your suggestion or lobby admin. It works with Golfwrx, but there is probably more honour here though as we are a somewhat smaller audience.

macjackass said he wasn't the original owner so it is even more important to confirm the authenticity of the clubs, hence the serial number issue must be resolved.
Why not just PM the poor fella, rather than make him think you're being a tosser ? Surely a PM is more meaningful in this instance, if you are actually legit ?

Webster
24th September 2008, 06:50 PM
PM's are too secretive - this sort of thing should be put in the threads.

Im not gonna say anymore in this thread until the serial number is resolved for all concerned.

lucky
24th September 2008, 07:09 PM

Im not gonna say anymore in this thread until the serial number is resolved for all concerned.

Good - Shane Shane Shane!!!

Dazza
24th September 2008, 09:27 PM
PM Sent.

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2008, 10:14 PM

Best contribution to the thread so far.

Fishman Dan
24th September 2008, 11:57 PM
it was :oops: but it was more about Dun, so I don't feel so bad.

And you say I've got nothing? You've resorted to name calling, and terribly at that.

Now, to start that poll to have king shit stirrer barred from posting in the pro shop.

If you ever bought anything in here I would understand where you are coming from, but seeing as though you only spend time in her to sell gear, your suggestion is somewhat lop-sided.

Scottt
25th September 2008, 06:23 AM
Is this shit stirred yet?

Webster
25th September 2008, 06:57 AM
Best contribution to the thread so far.

And still unanswered from the seller, who has been logged in several times since but is either unwilling or unable to confirm the simple task of confirming there is a serial number on the 8 iron.

Until he does this, you have to be very suspicious about the authenticity of these clubs, as they may well be fakes (even though the seller may not have known)

3oneday
25th September 2008, 07:11 AM
your suggestion is somewhat lop-sided.yep, but your opinion is worthless, in my opinion. ;)

Webster
25th September 2008, 07:16 AM
mods, please delete the disgraceful off topic posts in this thread

Jarro
25th September 2008, 07:25 AM
mods, please delete the disgraceful off topic posts in this thread

So you mean everything other than the initial post ??

Webster
25th September 2008, 07:27 AM
of course not jarro, just the rubbish from 3oneday, scottt and Dan. Everything else is very much on topic.

3oneday
25th September 2008, 07:53 AM
Gee, and I complimented you as well, I'm hurt :(

sms316
25th September 2008, 08:20 AM
of course not jarro, just the rubbish from 3oneday, scottt and Dan. Everything else is very much on topic.
Including my suggestion that you are heading "Towards 2000".

macjackass
25th September 2008, 12:09 PM
And still unanswered from the seller, who has been logged in several times since but is either unwilling or unable to confirm the simple task of confirming there is a serial number on the 8 iron.

Until he does this, you have to be very suspicious about the authenticity of these clubs, as they may well be fakes (even though the seller may not have known)

If you must know, I was at work until 12.30 this morning and logged on briefly when I got home to answer the pm. I wanted to wait until I got a reply before I edited the thread. There is a serial number on the 8 iron which i am just about to send to the buyer, as well as some pics. The especially pleasing thing is this person did not make ridiculous unsubstantiated claims and is going to get a good deal and be very happy with what they have purchased.

Jarro
25th September 2008, 12:14 PM
Congrats on the sale ...

.. now lets lock this sucker down !

3oneday
25th September 2008, 12:15 PM
boo

3oneday
25th September 2008, 12:20 PM
Nice "next purchase fund raising" ;) 8)

Need a 2.6 ?

:lol:

Webster
25th September 2008, 12:36 PM
Yay....great result for everyone, although I reckon the seller let them go a bit cheap.

Dazza
4th November 2008, 08:39 PM
Just to follow-up (Yes I know, a bit late)
Clubs received all ok, well packaged in fantastic condition. No issues whatsoever.
Big thanks to Macjackass for being patient while I got the cash together & for a trouble-free transaction.