PDA

View Full Version : you buggar goughy

markTHEblake
28th April 2004, 07:41 PM
I wanted to register a golf domain about 4-5 years ago and Ozgolf.* was one of my prime choices, but were all taken, and so were several other variations. A quick check just now shows that so many are now available again, so i think its about time to claim one or two names.

Seems that the domain squatters are now letting go of all the domains they were sitting on and trying to sell, so if you wanted a name before, right now go have another look!.

right now golfer69.* is available at all top level domains!

So goughy you beat me to this one, buggar - and to think i had sympathy to you for leaving ISG :-(

BTW who are you using for hosting? speed of the site is impressive,

Jarro
28th April 2004, 07:48 PM
Heya Blakey ... what do you think of the forums :?:

should make for a better place to chat than other joints with over opinionated wankers :roll:

wonder who else will check in for a look :?:

goughy
28th April 2004, 07:49 PM
Hi markTHEblake,

Buggers me who we're using. I let the smarter half work all that stuff out. She even found the domain name.

ozgolf.com was available through a squater. The price was quoted as being anywhere between $599.00 and $10,000.00 .

Hence we opted on .net. Sorry mate. ](*,)

Don't know why it's so fast. Maybe because there's not much on it yet :-$

jaster
28th April 2004, 07:56 PM
Hi markTHEblake,

Buggers me who we're using. I let the smarter half work all that stuff out. She even found the domain name.

ozgolf.com was available through a squater. The price was quoted as being anywhere between $599.00 and $10,000.00 .

Hence we opted on .net. Sorry mate. ](*,)

Don't know why it's so fast. Maybe because there's not much on it yet :-$

That would have to be the lamest excuse for an avatar I have ever seen :shock: :-& #-o

markTHEblake
28th April 2004, 08:27 PM
should make for a better place to chat than other joints with over opinionated wankers

you might have to agree, that we are all over opinionated wankers?
but we are nice wankers.

markTHEblake
28th April 2004, 08:29 PM
Buggers me who we're using. I let the smarter half work all that stuff out.

Ask her PLEASE ! :-) (you do talk to her dont you?)

I am into this stuff - got about 4 websites hosted at the moment, couple more soon. Always interested in what services are around.

clikchic
28th April 2004, 08:39 PM
Hi Mark

I got the webhosting from
http://stores.ebay.com/IntegrityHost-Wholesale-Web-Hosting
I have my own websites hosted with these guys also. I have not used them for very long but so far so good. Miles better (so far) than the last mob I was with. (another ebay package)

Only problem with a lot of the US guys is you can't always use a .au domain with them but a lot of the time that isn't necessary. The US hosting is often WAY cheaper than the Aussie Hosting companies.

Another good hosting company (if you want an aussie one) is www.smartyhost.com.au . I have been using them for a couple of websites I am techie for and have had no problems. Their support is not always fantastic but for the most part they are great. They are more expensive however. Getting domains is fairly reasonable through them as an AU server.

I get all my domains from godaddy.com

Hope this helps! ;-) (probably more than you wanted to know! LOL) :roll:

jaster
28th April 2004, 10:06 PM
Hi Mark

I got the webhosting from
http://stores.ebay.com/IntegrityHost-Wholesale-Web-Hosting
I have my own websites hosted with these guys also. I have not used them for very long but so far so good. Miles better (so far) than the last mob I was with. (another ebay package)

Only problem with a lot of the US guys is you can't always use a .au domain with them but a lot of the time that isn't necessary. The US hosting is often WAY cheaper than the Aussie Hosting companies.

Another good hosting company (if you want an aussie one) is www.smartyhost.com.au . I have been using them for a couple of websites I am techie for and have had no problems. Their support is not always fantastic but for the most part they are great. They are more expensive however. Getting domains is fairly reasonable through them as an AU server.

I get all my domains from godaddy.com

Hope this helps! ;-) (probably more than you wanted to know! LOL) :roll:

Far out you know your stuff Mrs goughy :shock: :D Mr goughy I hope you are taking this all in??? :wink:

markTHEblake
28th April 2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks, the Ebay mob do look like pretty good pricing but I lost patience trying to wade through all the convaluted marketing. Whats wrong with a simple matrix of price and limits. :-)

Though i like the reseller plans - there is some good opportunity there.

I have had my eye on Godaddy for a while, but for the sake of about $3 per domain I cant be stuffed - its easier to keep everthing in one place.

I use Aussiehosts.com for both hosting and registration who are a local company in Caboolture. Cheapest prices i have ever seen in australia for both local and overseas hosting, of which they have thier own boxes co-located somewhere. I only use the overseas plans cos they are half the price as you know.

clikchic
28th April 2004, 10:26 PM
LOL! Thanks Jaster! :lol:

Mark - I think I have about 7 or so domains hosted with godaddy now! LOL (for friends and family as well) I sell on ebay so just use my paypal funds to pay for them. I find it nice and easy to have the domains all together.

I haven't heard of aussiehosts.com, I will have to take a look at what they have.

You are right, the ebay store I listed does have a lot of painful webhosting listings! ](*,) It is a matter of going through a few of them to work out what is what but I was able to find what I wanted in half an hour or so. I find it quicker that way than scouring the web and it is often cheaper too.

Admittedly the first time I looked for webhosting it was rather time consuming as I had no idea what I was doing or what any of the terminology meant, but I am getting there bit by bit. I tend to learn as I go. I love to fiddle with this stuff.

Anyway, it is late and I am rambling! Off to bed for me!

Robyn

markTHEblake
28th April 2004, 10:39 PM
I tend to learn as I go. I love to fiddle with this stuff

same here - when i first started i was using some various free services, one of which had to organise your own seperate DNS host, which meant compiling your Zone file on your own - that was hard. Now that i can do all that I cant be bothered - so much easier to pay someone else to do it now.

Now all i have to do is work out how to compile a web page :-(

AndyP
23rd July 2011, 04:02 PM
Current price is $2805. Pass.

Awesome thread mining by me.

Ned
23rd July 2011, 04:12 PM
Bit rude offering a discount!

OZgolf is a premium brand!

Jarro
23rd July 2011, 04:16 PM
We don't really want to go to OzGolf.com anyway do we ?

What's the advantage of doing so ?

AndyP
23rd July 2011, 04:38 PM
I was just curious. It wouldn't be about switching anyway. We would still be ozgolf.net and any traffic for ozgolf.com would get redirected to .net.

I could get .org cheap.
.net.au is only available to lease.
.com.au has been registered but there isn't much on that site.

As I said, I was curious and found it interesting to look around.