PDA

View Full Version : Week beginning Mon 22nd November

McMw
22nd November 2004, 10:00 PM
Was itching to get back out there after my decent round yesterday....
Boy...it was tuff to get out of the office... :(

played against the kid and the aussie...
was already 2 strokes behind them after the first 2, and was wondering why I even bothered...

held the rest of my game and only added only 2 more bogeys for a 39, while both of them exploded coming back in... :lol:

think I'm done for the rest of the week till Friday... :wink:

Jarro
24th November 2004, 01:00 PM
very ordinary 90 (net 78)off the stick today :(

drove the ball really well, but hit my irons like a spaz :evil: leaving myself impossible up'n'downs ... seems that when i missed the greens, the ball came to rest in the worst possible place :cry:

amanda
24th November 2004, 03:15 PM
Played the Xmas Hams Tournament - 2 best stableford scores per group of 4 - we had 84. I contributed about 5 3-pointers, 1x4 pointer (par on the hardest hole where I get 2 shots) and 2-pointers the rest of the time.

Driving range session with Stephen Kennedy last night - boy does he hit the ball long (though sometimes with a strong draw) - I was hitting them a little further today - maybe only 5m with one of his suggestions (tee the ball up higher).

Flowergirl
25th November 2004, 08:05 AM
Never say die!!!!!!!!!!

After my partner and I played so so badly last week in the first round of the Foursomes Club Champs with a dismal net 79 - we thought we had nothing to lose yesterday. We had a 67!!!! YEA!!!!!!! Happy to say that I played good solid golf and was very happy with my short game. The leaders from the first week started off so bad with a 13 on the first hole and our 67 was enough to give us the overall lead by 2 strokes.!!!! Yea..........we get our names up on the board in the gold writing......Yea!!!!

Another trophy to add to my collection - this year I've won THe Presidents Trophy, Young Australian Trophy( not me who's young) 4BBB Knockout, Foursomes Board, team member of the Carrington Salver and two Monthly Medals. Now I know that I'm boasting - but hey - what of it :wink:

( well done Amanda on the four pointer yesterday - they are lovely to get aren't they!!)

AndyP
25th November 2004, 08:16 AM
Well done again..and again, FG. :D

McMw
25th November 2004, 09:24 AM
Another trophy to add to my collection - this year I've won THe Presidents Trophy, Young Australian Trophy( not me who's young) 4BBB Knockout, Foursomes Board, team member of the Carrington Salver and two Monthly Medals. Now I know that I'm boasting - but hey - what of it :wink:

OzGolf's very own 2004 Vj Singh.... :wink:

ben
25th November 2004, 09:33 AM
Well I didn't play comp, I only played 9 holes, but hey, I hanv't played in almost 3 months I reckon.

Anyway took out the bag last night, only missed one fairway, the work on the launchy is doing great :). Short game was WOEFULL, but apart from that it was just nice being out. Lost one down on the last hole to my brother after missing a 4 foot birdie put for the win (i pushed it about 4 feet past the hole and missed my par! but it's a new green and I had never played it! ;) ).

amanda
25th November 2004, 12:02 PM
Great stuff Reenie! It's been a while between 4-pointers!

McMw
25th November 2004, 03:22 PM
yeesh.....par for a 4 pointer.... :lol:
I can't even remember the last time I had a birdie for a 4-pointer...let alone a par... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Flowergirl
25th November 2004, 04:57 PM
yeesh.....par for a 4 pointer.... :lol:
I can't even remember the last time I had a birdie for a 4-pointer...let alone a par... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stop ya whinging!!!!! :wink:

McMw
27th November 2004, 08:22 PM
I thought I had a bad putting round...but after GT...came up to only 28...
so...it was probably a case of not putting well when I was GIRed...
shot 75...after a bogey/bogey/bogey/doublebogey start... :roll: :roll:
might need to either bring the Voodoo or the G2C67 out tomorrow... :wink:

but this (new) kid I was playing with....boy...he was playing well...
had a 36 (+1) on the front...but fell flat on the back nine to finish 76 (+6)...
only 13 or 14 yrs old..."Club Hcp" of just 19... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Onewood
27th November 2004, 08:34 PM
had a 36 (+1) on the front...but fell flat on the back nine to finish 76 (+6)...

Just wonderin :wink: how's the old KID been going :D

I hear Bruni is going to get a European tour event next year :roll: hear anything Mau,

McMw
27th November 2004, 08:45 PM

Just wonderin :wink: how's the old KID been going :D

I hear Bruni is going to get a European tour event next year :roll: hear anything Mau,

OLD Kid hasn't been playing much....
he just finished his O Level exams, and have taken a huge liking to fishing...
he's heading to Perth soon for a month's hols....so I think it's fishing, golfing and golfing clinics on the agenda there...

Sposedly, Brunei was spose to have a APGA tourney this year....but that was all talk...
it may happen next year...but I seriously doubt it...

the organization here is poor....
we don't even have a National Open playing this year....
see what happens when you have old farts in office... :roll:

tho...I would like for it to happen....would love the opp to play in the proam... :D

amanda
28th November 2004, 07:41 AM
Steak and Ale Day yesterday with Brad and Will (wayz) - 4-person ambrose - but we only had a team of 3! We shot a respectable Par (72) with a handicap of 10 - definitely nowhere near the lead (net 51 :shock: )

I think Brad was very drunk by about 10am - 7 full strength beers over the round - he was feeling hungover by 3pm :twisted:

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/5528/AmandaandWill.jpg http://img33.exs.cx/img33/9112/BradandWill.jpg

Golfgirl
28th November 2004, 10:51 AM
Hey Reenie.... congrats on yet another victory, and a great year in general... very inspiring! =D>

Mandy, love the pics, that beer is not being served in a small size cup - hope you didn't have too many.... I'm guessing that you were the designated driver. Hope Brad pulled up ok.... :smt030

markTHEblake
28th November 2004, 12:37 PM
Congratulations FG on a fine win.

Congratulations Mandy on drinking that HUGE cup of beer. thats gotta be the equivalent of seven standard drinks for you yet it seems Brad that was the one dribbling by the end of the night.

Courty
28th November 2004, 04:22 PM
First round off my new h'cap of 8 yesterday. And I didn't look anything like a single figure player. I think I hit 2 fairways all day, but made some good putts to finish with a crappy 30pts.

amanda
28th November 2004, 05:13 PM
Mandy, love the pics, that beer is not being served in a small size cup - hope you didn't have too many.... I'm guessing that you were the designated driver. Hope Brad pulled up ok.... :smt030
Yes - I was the designated driver - just holding the beer for the picture.

Played the matchplay today - boy was it hot! We teed off at 12.06pm and it only got hotter. She had to give me 4 shots - and on weird holes too - apparently the matchplay index of every course is the same the world over. I won 5 & 3 - started losing the first 2 holes and then once I got ahead, she clawed a few back before the win.

She kept asking me to give her 4-6 foot putts - but I made her putt them (all except 1 went in). I pulled her up one time too when she tried to drop out of GUR closer to the hole. Her hubby was giving her tips "ok - just land a chip about 2m on and let it run up" but it wasn't helping so I didn't say anything.

It was also the first time I have broken 90 - shot an 86!

Brad also had an excellent score - 86 off the stick to have 42 points - he is very happy right now as his handicap will be about 18 \:D/

Jono
28th November 2004, 06:14 PM
Well done, Amanda. We knew you'd come through with a victory ... :wink:

Couple of very impressive scores for you and Brad. Hmmm ... I think we have the favourites to take out this years Ozgolf Bayview Invitational ... :lol:

AndyP
28th November 2004, 07:02 PM
I won 5 & 3
It was also the first time I have broken 90 - shot an 86!

Brad also had an excellent score - 86 off the stick to have 42 points - he is very happy right now as his handicap will be about 18 \:D/
Great stuff, Mandy. Fantastic news. :D

Did you know you were having such a good score? I found when I was playing matchplay that I had no idea I was going so well as far as a stroke score went.

Pass on the congrats to Brad too.

She had to give me 4 shots - and on weird holes too - apparently the matchplay index of every course is the same the world over.
Yep, I checked this with our trainee pro earlier in the year.
I had to give one guy only one shot, but it was on this really easy par 5. (The 7th, if you remember it.)
We couldn't figure out why, out of all the holes, this was match index 1. It was like handing him the hole. We were told pretty much what you have been told above.

The only thing that upsets this system is if the course has quite a few par 3s (which Nambour does).

McMw
28th November 2004, 07:49 PM
Well Done Amanda... Top Stuff... :)
To win, and to shoot a PB...double the pleasure!!! :lol:

played a quick 9 this morning with a fren, who had a visitor in...
with a 42...it was emberassing... :lol:
even managed to slice a 5 iron into a pond that wasn't even in play... :lol:
but was looking forward to getting my revenge in the afternoon...

BUT...I threw it away AGAIN this afternoon....
was 3under the card with 6 holes to go....playing the front nine (fave nine)...
went from 3 under to 1 over in 4 holes...OUCH!!!
stayed that way till the end... :(
26putts, 9GIRS, 9FH....
duffed two pitches, duffed a bunker shot (rolled back in) in that 4 holes stretch... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trung
28th November 2004, 08:21 PM
Amanda... congrats.... great job girl... :D

I also played at New Brighton today... Had a lazy 83 (39+44) :D

Carnarvon Cup.. 89 8)

terryand
28th November 2004, 09:33 PM
Way to go Amanda =D> :smt023

Terry.

Golfgirl
28th November 2004, 09:41 PM
Congrats on the victory and the PB, Amanda. I'm so proud of you....

And congrats to Brad on his handicap reduction....

You pair are getting to be quite formidable on the golf course!! :shock:

markTHEblake
28th November 2004, 10:45 PM
Congratulations Mandy that is absolutely sensational.
It takes a great golfer to be able to perform at their absolutely best when it really counts.

She kept asking me to give her 4-6 foot putts -

glad you remembered Matchplay Tip no. 3.1: If they ask for a gimme dont give it to them.
dont ever forget no. 3.2: never expect a gimme no matter how short.

If you have to look forlornly at your opponent begging for that 2.5 foot slider to be given to you, give up - you already missed it :-)

amanda
29th November 2004, 07:40 AM
Did you know you were having such a good score? I found when I was playing matchplay that I had no idea I was going so well as far as a stroke score went.

No idea really - I knew I was playing well - I managed to par all the par 5s except 1 (where I was in deep doo-doo and walked away with bogey to win the match 8)).

She had to give me 4 shots - and on weird holes too - apparently the matchplay index of every course is the same the world over.
Yep, I checked this with our trainee pro earlier in the year.
I had to give one guy only one shot, but it was on this really easy par 5. (The 7th, if you remember it.)
We couldn't figure out why, out of all the holes, this was match index 1. It was like handing him the hole. We were told pretty much what you have been told above.

The only thing that upsets this system is if the course has quite a few par 3s (which Nambour does).
Andy - did it happen to be the 8th hole? My opponent was telling me that all over the world, matchplay index 1 is always hole 8.

Couple of very impressive scores for you and Brad. Hmmm ... I think we have the favourites to take out this years Ozgolf Bayview Invitational ...
Not on new handicaps mate! 8)

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 08:06 AM
Amanda................I am so so so so so happy for you ........and so proud of your fantastic score. I think I'm taking this Ozgolf family thing a bit too far...I actually almost got teary when I read about your win :o ( just a big softy at heart).
That is a huge effort - and congrats to Brad also.

Three cheers for Amanda - hip hip hurrah, hip hip hurrah, hip hip hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyP
29th November 2004, 08:30 AM
Andy - did it happen to be the 8th hole?
No, see below. :razz:

We couldn't figure out why, out of all the holes, this was match index 1.

My opponent was telling me that all over the world, matchplay index 1 is always hole 8.
The reason index 1 isn't on hole 8, is because the 8th is a par 3.

andylo
29th November 2004, 09:05 AM
Very good game Mandy, proud of you :) And congrat to the win too. :D

andylo
29th November 2004, 11:14 AM
Hmm... its going to be a long post... if you don't care about my shitty swing, just skip it :p

After a (almost) heroric round last week (either shoot par, or blow up) I went to the range almost everyday. With my 3 qtr back swing and the new setup/grip I learnt I stuck right behind and bottom of the ball very well until Wednesday. I was so confident I will have a good result on my weekend.

Things going about clumpsy on Thrusday and I didn't have chance for range session on Friday. But I thought it's ok, afterall in my level I don't mean to swing very good very consistently everyday :p

Sat in LGC
KelvinC slept in and Scotty got other commitment so just me and Kee in the group is OZGer, anyway.... when I tee up I really commited to make things right so I just want to do a rather relax swing. With the confident (R7 TP) in my grip I really thought I have controlled the world.

Up swing, pause, down and through and I think I hit the heel of the club and the ball goes 85 degree to left, lost in the bush. Well it's not my first time so I just tee up another one, up and faded a little too much but I thought what the hell :p

I pared the hole but because I OOBed the 1st shot so become a 7 :( But anyway the game is just like life, you can only carry on and do the best. Keep playing the 2nd hole, sliced the 14* TP reasonablely bad but it still lied Okay... while walking toward to the ball my pull cart decided to retire and fell apart :cry: So I have to pick up my cart back on my shoulder and play the rest of the 8. From that point I was so pissed off and mentally I really fell apart just like my cart.

The rest of the game? Can't drive the ball, can't hit irons, can't putt and can only scream :(

Good thing is I discover my fitness is not that bad especially the day in QLD is pretty hot and I don't even need a drip of water to survive the game with the heavy bag on shoulder. :p

Thanks for Kee to keep reminding me about the article from DG written by Bob Rotella so it kinda keep my mental in 1 piece or else I might just collapse literally :p

Also thanks for Onewood for the top of upswing photo, it really explained a lot what happen to me in my bad games. I went to the range that nite after seeing the photo, trying to correct it but I didn't quite get the "feeling"... so I thought I might just leave it like that for this very moment.

Sun, Robina Wood

Didn't expected to play well but I really love 3 courses so far, Brooky, Colonial and RobinaWood. So I just tell myself to enjoy the senic. First person tee of + first ball.... as usual trying to do it slowly and make everything right... hitted a hook that land short of the left handside fairway bunker.... and EVERYONE else lost their 1st ball in the 1st hole!! :lol: (totally 6 people including my uncle and their kid)... hang-on... the kid didn't lost ball on 1st hole :wink:

Pretty much same as Sat the swing is fallen apart but thanks to riding on cart it feel much more comfortable. I just trying to enjoy myself and we have some very good company here (funny uncles, best friend... what else you can ask for)

Hitted couple of good drive, but I think I didn't commited my shot as serious... hitted some good shot and plenty of bad... lost 15 balls altogether and shotted 120 something I dunno :p Who cares.

By the way I learned my lesson that I should do my practise swing a lot more backward :( in a 460mts par 5 I hitted a fade drive, hit a good 19* Maxfli and left myself less then 30 meters to the green... want to hit a half swing Gap wedge and do a practise swing and hitted the ball :( I actually pick the ball up and bring it back to where it was and shotted par (only par on the day, I called it "cheated par") but not very happy.

Anyway, hitted the best drive in the last hole (I love the very 18 par 5 in Robina Wood... very very pretty), hitted a commited 14* and left myself a pitching wedge distance.... I thought I am going to make par this time.

Sigh.... push the pitch, into the beach, get it out of the sand but too far, try to chip it back in but topped it.... ended the game with some frustration. But that's cool.

Will have a lesson tonite, and I will let you guys know what happen :) Thanks for reading my long whing :D

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 03:37 PM
Trung..............you lost how many balls??????????????????????? Did I read right???

Trung
29th November 2004, 04:04 PM
Trung..............you lost how many balls??????????????????????? Did I read right???

:smt017 :smt017 :smt017

Trungie or AndyLo? :P

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 04:13 PM
Sorry Trung.................( she says blushing.............) Now you know how much you are on my mind. :oops:

Trung
29th November 2004, 04:57 PM
:-$ dont tell anyone about us :smt006

Golfgirl
29th November 2004, 05:55 PM
Amanda................I am so so so so so happy for you ........and so proud of your fantastic score. I think I'm taking this Ozgolf family thing a bit too far...I actually almost got teary when I read about your win :o ( just a big softy at heart).
That is a huge effort - and congrats to Brad also.

Three cheers for Amanda - hip hip hurrah, hip hip hurrah, hip hip hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah - you're not taking the Ozgolf family thing too far.... I am so proud of her that I am nearly bursting.... (I'm a big softy too....)

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 08:20 PM
I think I'm gunna cry
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/1/sad49.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/1/sad49.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/1/sad49.gif