PDA

View Full Version : Bayview 27th December - pics added

Jono
22nd November 2004, 10:58 PM
Arranging a hit at Bayview on 27th December. Public holiday Monday, and this IS an invitation day. It means I can bring as many visitors as I want and you pay only $8. You have to be a member of another club.

For those coming to the Bayview game on 12th, it's a course worth a second look. A bit of local knowledge can shave a couple of strokes here and there ... :wink: Oh, and the hamburger tastes even better second time around, too ... :lol:

The guys from Advantage Clubmakers are coming too, so I'll see if they can donate some prizes.

1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS

Burger? Rob? Trung? Here's your chance to play the Royal Bayview ... :lol:

PS: Aiming for morning tee time, between 8 and 9am.

burger
23rd November 2004, 01:03 PM
Leave pass obtained!

1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS
4. burger

amanda
1st December 2004, 03:11 PM
1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS
4. burger
6. Brad

Trung
15th December 2004, 10:11 AM
1. Jono, I can arrange a game at Carnarvon if everyone like to play another course.

I had a chat to the pro yesterday. He said should be ok but I must check with the captain. Normally it is one member for one visitor.

However, since there is normally a small field for public holidays. This is the best time to get a few groups on at the same time.

If all are interested, cost would be around $15-$20 (I'm not sure of the cost, Amanda can confirm).

or

2. I'm happy to have another smack at Bayview. (I would like a ride in the subaru :lol: )

amanda
15th December 2004, 10:58 AM
If all are interested, cost would be around $15-$20 (I'm not sure of the cost, Amanda can confirm).

2. I'm happy to have another smack at Bayview. (I would like a ride in the subaru :lol: )

Carnarvon is about $18-19 for visitors. Personally - I'd prefer Bayview - the hamburgers are more tasty! (sorry Trung!)

As for a ride in the Subaru - no problems mate! We might have to fold down one of the back seats to fit everything in (bags, buggies etc)

Trung
15th December 2004, 11:07 AM
Bayview it is then :D

1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS
4. burger
6. Brad
7. Trung

TS
15th December 2004, 12:33 PM
As for a ride in the Subaru - no problems mate! We might have to fold down one of the back seats to fit everything in (bags, buggies etc)

So I will be tailgated by a Subaru this time.

burger
15th December 2004, 01:00 PM
Bayview it is then :D

1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS
4. burger
6. Brad
7. Trung

To correct the numbering I think I busted . . . . .
1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS
4. burger
5. Brad
6. Trung

stu

Jono
15th December 2004, 02:33 PM
To correct the numbering I think I busted . . . . .
1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS
4. burger
5. Brad
6. Trung

stu

I think it's the second time you've stuffed up with the numbers ... :wink:

Trung: I'd love to have a go at Canarvon, but this day is pretty set. The guys from Advantage Clubmakers in Crows Nest are coming and they are bringing a couple of their visitors as well. There might be a prize up for grabs again. A KZG putter or wedge, I think.

Any chance of Carnarvon on 28th? (Tuesday)

burger
15th December 2004, 02:57 PM
I think it's the second time you've stuffed up with the numbers ... :wink:
quite possible :oops: tho I'm usually pretty good up till 10 cos I can keep my shoes on . . . .

stu

TS
15th December 2004, 03:08 PM
Any chance of Carnarvon on 28th? (Tuesday)

Tue is open Comp in Carnarvon, why don't we have a game there. It been 12 months since I last play Carnarvon, wouldn't mind another game there.

Trung
15th December 2004, 03:16 PM
Tuesday is Open comp but also a public holiday. :?

Let me ring the pro and get back to you.. :D

Trung
15th December 2004, 03:31 PM
Just found out my new captain's nick name is "Chook". :lol:

Ok... back to the real topic..

Tuesday 28th is not an open day due to being a public holiday :( .

I will check with them this coming weekend..

TS
15th December 2004, 03:46 PM
Just found out my new captain's nick name is "Chook". :lol:

Ok... back to the real topic..

Tuesday 28th is not an open day due to being a public holiday :( .

I will check with them this coming weekend..

Trung. That's OK, will wait for another time.

Jono
15th December 2004, 08:27 PM
Just talked to Gary from Advantage. There are 5 players from their group. We should be able to get 3 groups (ie. 12 players), so that leaves 7 places for us Ozgolfers.

1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. TS
4. burger
5. Brad
6. Trung

One place left. Any takers?

burger
20th December 2004, 12:29 PM
Do we have a tee-time Jono?

I might have had had a "boys look" and missed it so please feel free to bag me out if the time is here and I didn't see it . . . .

stu

Jono
20th December 2004, 07:01 PM
Do we have a tee-time Jono?

I might have had had a "boys look" and missed it so please feel free to bag me out if the time is here and I didn't see it . . . .

stu

Looks like we'll be teeing off around 10:15. I hope this is not too late for everyone. Just spoke with Gary from Advantage, and a brand new KZG putter is up for grabs for the winner. $8 comp fee as before and $10 for the prize.

Trung
21st December 2004, 10:46 AM
Just spoke with Gary from Advantage, and a brand new KZG putter is up for grabs for the winner. $8 comp fee as before and $10 for the prize.

with 3 putters at home already, I don't need another putter. :?

Can I donate $10 to a charity of the winner's choice? 8)

TS
21st December 2004, 05:54 PM
Looks like we'll be teeing off around 10:15. I hope this is not too late for everyone.

I will have to give the game at Bayview a miss because of the 10:15 start. I am having a game with a mate from Dubbo at St Michael at 3:00pm. A 10:15 start won't give me enough time to get over to St Mic.

1. Jono
2. Amanda
3. burger
4. Brad
5. Trung

Trung
21st December 2004, 06:02 PM
TS, Stop complaining about us youngster staying out too late and playing too much golf :lol:

2 rounds on the same day hey. BUSTED :wink:

PS... This Friday, my 3 mates and I are aiming at a 54 holes marathon starting at 6.30am at Beverley Park.

3 different courses on the same day. You will either be loaded with cash or very poor at the end of the day :twisted:

TS
21st December 2004, 06:12 PM
TS, Stop complaining about us youngster staying out too late and playing too much golf :lol:

2 rounds on the same day hey. BUSTED :wink:

PS... This Friday, my 3 mates and I are aiming at a 54 holes marathon starting at 6.30am at Beverley Park.

3 different courses on the same day. You will either be loaded with cash or very poor at the end of the day :twisted:

It wasn't me that was complaining about playing too much golf, it was Jim. I have no problem with playing 36 holes in a day. However, 54 holes is a different story. I don't think my legs can walk 54 holes in a day.

Which 3 courses are you playing?

Trung
21st December 2004, 06:28 PM
Oooops sorry TS :oops: (I will stir Jim up on Thursday) :lol:

Beverley Park - confirmed

We have a few courses to choose from after that...
Carnarvon, New Brighton, Hurstville etc.

Jono
21st December 2004, 07:10 PM
TS, sorry you can't make it. Unfortunately, I can't get an earlier time. I'll see you this Thursday at New Brighton ( I think we are in the same group ... 8) ) and next Tuesday at Carnarvon.

Trung. You are a biological, physiological phenomenon. How you can sleep for 2 hours and play 54 holes in a day defies modern medicine. We'll have to screen you for drugs next time we play ... :wink:

amanda
22nd December 2004, 06:35 AM
Trung. You are a biological, physiological phenomenon. How you can sleep for 2 hours and play 54 holes in a day defies modern medicine. We'll have to screen you for drugs next time we play ... :wink:
It's the lure of the $$$ up for grabs - the greedy bugger can't resist ;)

Trung
22nd December 2004, 04:01 PM
Amanda, thats nasty coming from a cheeky babe like yourself :oops:

amanda
22nd December 2004, 04:21 PM
Amanda, thats nasty coming from a cheeky babe like yourself :oops:
Hang on - I've never fleeced you of $$$ have I? 8)

Trung
22nd December 2004, 04:32 PM
My mates with no brain are talking about 72 holes :x :oops:

At this rate, I will be spending xmas day in hospital :x

AndyP
22nd December 2004, 04:35 PM
My mates with no brain are talking about 72 holes :x :oops:
Is there enough daylight for that?
Especially with the travel inbetween. :shock:

Trung
22nd December 2004, 05:22 PM
With no one in front of us. We can get 18 holes in less than 3 hours each :P

amanda
22nd December 2004, 05:26 PM
trung - are they throwing in $30 per game or for the whole day?

Trung
22nd December 2004, 05:31 PM
trung - are they throwing in $30 per game or for the whole day?

per game, per person...

and change number 3 to number 5 :oops:

amanda
22nd December 2004, 06:11 PM
Wow - that is some big money up for grabs!

Trung
26th December 2004, 05:09 PM
Hi Jono,

I have to pull out of this game, sorry for the late notice. Have a few things to do in the arvo.

Will try for a game early at Carnie and be home around midday. See you on Tuesday.

Rgs,

Trung

Jono
26th December 2004, 05:52 PM
No worries, Trung. Turns out I can't make it to the game at Carnarvon on Tuesday either ... :oops: :oops:

Jono
27th December 2004, 08:17 PM
OK ... Time for the write-up.

I drove to the course today a bit nervous. I played in the Boxing day competition early in the morning yesterday to receive quite a shock when I got to the first green. The grass was almost an inch long on the green, full of duck poo, and I could see only the top half of my ball. The other greens weren't much better. You really had to smash the putts to get it anywhere near the hole, and you'd still come up short. I asked the office and the pro shop whether they would be mowed and rolled for today's invitation day, but they had no idea what the green keeper was up to ... :?

I checked out the 18th green as soon as I arrived at the course this morning, and was relieved to see that they had cut it a bit shorter. Still slow, but puttable.

It was a mixed Ozgolf day and Advantage Clubmakers' end of year game. Gary, who works at Advantage, joined Bayview with me in August, and he brought his boss (Paul Hoffman) along and three of their regular customers. From Ozgolf, we had mini-Wie and her hubby Brad, Burger, and myself. I played in the second group with Paul and his mate Peter (both from Avondale), with the Whites and Burger in the third group.

To cut a long story short:

Jono 37 points (Ozgolf hat trick ... 8) )
Burger 36 points
Gary 35 points
Meng 32 points
Oscar 30 points
Peter 28 points
Brad 25 points
Paul 24 points
Amanda 23 points

Bit of controversy because I should really be off 9 but the card from New Brighton game on 23rd hadn't arrived yet. So I was still off 9.5 ... :? So the first place prize (KZG putter) went to Burger 8)

Few highlights (and low lights):

I hit the ball pretty well all day but my putting (esp short putting) was way off. Missed 3 short putts within 50cm and 2 more within 1 meter. It's bad enough when you use conventional technique and miss short putts ... but when you use unorthodox technique like me and do this sort of thing ... well, the comments you get from your playing partners aren't too nice ... :wink: Am seriously considering going back to the short stick ... :roll:

Drove the 300 meter par 4 (downhill) 5th. You can't see the green from the tee and when I got down there, I couldn't find my ball. After a few minutes of this, the group in front (Gary, Meng, and Oscar) who were on the 6th tee finally pointed out that it was on the green albeit with leaves covering it. They insisted that the wind blew the leaves in the exact configuration to hide my ball ... :roll:

Stuart's bunker shot on the 5th deserves a special mention. whilst on the 6th tee, we watched Stu hit his bunker shot perfectly ... One of those bunker shots where you can close your eyes and just hear that it was a good shot. Soft "thump" of the sand and the ball came out perfectly. One bounce with a bit of check and trickled into the hole for the bird ... Great crowd pleaser, that one ... 8)

It was a slow day, so we called up on most par 3's ... amanda hit a great shot into 150 meter (uphill) 4th. 10 feet from the hole. I'll let Amanda tell you what happened from there.

anyway, I had a ball. If I can get my putting sorted out, I feel ready to slash a few strokes off my handicap ... Knowing this game of golf, if I get my putting sorted out, the rest of my game will probably start to go off ... :lol:

amanda
27th December 2004, 08:23 PM
It was a slow day, so we called up on most par 3's ... amanda hit a great shot into 150 meter (uphill) 4th. 10 feet from the hole. I'll let Amanda tell you what happened from there.

3 putts :oops: Just couldn't pick the speed of the greens - either way short or miles past. A bit of a shocker day overall - definitely not living up to the "mini wie" tag at the moment! ](*,)

Ona
27th December 2004, 08:31 PM
nice write-up Jono :) one question.. why'd Amanda only play 9 :smt102

(:smt061:smt079)

Ona
27th December 2004, 08:33 PM
bah :x I really should finish my posts before going off to do something else.

markTHEblake
27th December 2004, 11:33 PM
Jono 37 points (Ozgolf hat trick ... 8) )
Burger 36 points
Gary 35 points
Meng 32 points
Oscar 30 points
Peter 28 points
Brad 25 points
Paul 24 points
Amanda 23 points

i dont get it - the last update in the thread you had only 5 players? did you pick up some hitchhikers on the way?

amanda
28th December 2004, 02:07 PM
i dont get it - the last update in the thread you had only 5 players? did you pick up some hitchhikers on the way?
5 ozgolfers, the rest were guys from Advantage Clubmakers (or friends of the owners)

McMw
28th December 2004, 06:14 PM
with a hattrick of wins....how long before the other sydneysiders adopt jono's putting style?!?!? :wink:

amanda
28th December 2004, 08:09 PM
with a hattrick of wins....how long before the other sydneysiders adopt jono's putting style?!?!? :wink:
Not after he confessed 3 putting within 3 feet!

Jono
1st January 2005, 06:31 PM
Photo Time ... :lol:

Stu and Brad walking off the first green ... they look pretty happy with themselves ... at this stage ... :wink:

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/3024/offgreen0je.jpg

It was a slow day. Took this opportunity to take a picture of the group behind me on the 2nd tee as we waited for the green to clear (Wished I had the zooming power of Amanda's camera ... :? ). This tee shot over water is one of the more challenging drives at Bayview.

http://img102.exs.cx/img102/4807/tee6cl.jpg

Amanda sizing up her birdie putt on the 4th green ...

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/7767/amandaread6mt.jpg

Amanda executing the putt ...

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/9448/amandaputt2kl.jpg

Brad showing how it's supposed to be done ... :wink:

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/7606/bradputt8nt.jpg

Stu with his day's earnings. Does he get to keep his amateur status? :lol:

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/6237/kissputter1tu.jpg

Brisvegas, eat your heart out. My "bucket hat" is bigger, brighter, and it even comes in grape! :lol: Actually, I borrowed it from my mum ... :oops: And no ... I didn't wear it around the course ... :roll:

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/3239/group1pj.jpg

We took some more swing sequences this time, but unfortunately, due to operator errors, they turned out terrible. :cry: Oh well, next time ...

McMw
4th January 2005, 01:29 AM
amanda....putter looks a little long in your hands.. :shock:
and when did you go do the cack-handed style...isit helping??? :wink:

burger
5th January 2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks Jono for organising the Bayview rd2!

Fave shot (of my own) was indeed 'that' bunker shot. After being in the bunker with Amanda and playing after her . . . I decided I needed to be more aggresive with my swing than I normally am from sand . . .
Second fave shot was the double skip across the lake on the second.
Hit a scrappy tee shot, it skipped once, twice and popped up onto the fairway!

Also impressive was Brads 8 iron to 75cm on one of the later holes tho I cant remember the number. It was nearest the pin hole for the comp too.

I think Amanda also learnt not to start up a new exercise regime the day prior to an Ozgolf outing!
Apparantly she & Brad started Pilates either the day before or that morning and were BOTH feeling all these new muscles they did not know they had!

Thanks again to Jono and also the guys from Advantage golf!

Looking forward to the next Bayview invitational!

stu.

BrisVegas
5th January 2005, 12:29 PM
Brisvegas, eat your heart out. My "bucket hat" is bigger, brighter, and it even comes in grape! :lol:

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/3239/group1pj.jpg

Yeah, but I look handsome in my bucket hat. 8) :P :wink:

You look like a chick. :oops:

BrisVegas
5th January 2005, 12:31 PM
Actually Jono..... I've been stairing at that pic of you now for a minute or two and you're looking better and better..... :smt007 :smt061