PDA

View Full Version : G'day

NIK
22nd September 2008, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone

My name is Nick and im the new kid on the street, just thought id introduce myself.

I have frequented the Virginia course in Brisbane since i was 14, Havent really played much in the last 2 years and decided to get bck into it a few months ago. My style is drive for show putt for sh%$^, Should make single figures in a few months now that i am going to try to remember how to putt.

Outside of golf im found at the airport either working for Jetstar or studying for my commercail pilots license.

Can't realy think of anything else to say, so ill leave it there

:)

BrisVegas
22nd September 2008, 09:54 AM
welcome aboard NIK. good luck getting that hcap down. I think you're spot on with the drive for show, putt for dough business.

are you a member somewhere in Brisbane? There are a few members of nudgee on here.

sms316
22nd September 2008, 09:57 AM
Onya Nick. What do you do for Jetstar?

Scottt
22nd September 2008, 10:43 AM
another f**king airline employee. Just what we need :lol:

peter_rs
22nd September 2008, 10:48 AM
welcome.

sms316
22nd September 2008, 10:51 AM
Excuse me whilst I interrupt with a Jetstar story;

I flew from Sydney to Hobart about 4 years ago and got to the gate about 5 minutes before boarding. There was a Starbucks right next to the gate so I got a large flat white. Jetstar employee then tells me that I couldn't board the flight with the coffee as it could be a security risk (presumably I could throw the hot contents on a hostie or something) and no other airline in Australia would let me on board with a hot coffee.

Forward 7 days and returning on Virgin Blue, I made a point of seeing if I could board with a coffee. Not a problem at all, and they even laughed when I told them the story about what happened with Jetstar.

And yes - the Jetstar flight served coffee mid-flight. Seems that coffee with a commercial value to Jetstar is unable to compromise security.

And no - I have never flown Jetstar since.

dc68
22nd September 2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome Nick

another f**king airline employee. Just what we
need :lol:

Shaddup numbnuts!!!

Eag's
22nd September 2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah what he said ^^^
Welcome NIK

Dazza
22nd September 2008, 12:47 PM
Welcome Nik, and enjoy! :)

andylo
22nd September 2008, 01:36 PM
Welcome Nik. Please enjoy the forum and ignore the idiots :)

Dotty
22nd September 2008, 01:44 PM
In unison, 'Hello Doctor Nick'.

It would have been funnier, if you hadn't told us your occupation.

Welcome and enjoy.

Grunt
22nd September 2008, 02:46 PM
Welcome NIK

Like everyone else said & enjoy the ride.

NIK
22nd September 2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the many warm welcomes guys..

Did i say Jetstar.. something tells me i've opened a can of worms here :wink:
As for the coffee thing last i heard it was due to a 'special' passenger i shall call them that somehow manage to spill a coffee on an infant during boarding which ended badly so to prevent any further mishaps the no hot drinks during boarding rule came in.

Courty
23rd September 2008, 09:17 PM
Hi Nik. Check out the 1st Tee section and get your name down for the Champs in November. :mrgreen:

Jarro
24th September 2008, 07:18 AM
Welcome NIK ... good to have another Brissy golfer around here :)

I'm a member at Nudgee so we'll try and get a game happening soon if you like.

I work at the Brisbane International terminal too (for QANTAS)