PDA

View Full Version : Qld: In Brissie 25th or 26th

haysey
22nd September 2008, 09:36 AM
So after much:smt089 I've convinced the wife to allow me to golf while we're in Brisbane.

Have a leave pass for either Thursday after lunch or anytime Friday. Anyone looking for a round of golf around then?

Nudgee North - 9:02am

jarro - 37
Shaz - 35
Pete - 31
haysey - 28

damoocow
23rd September 2008, 09:03 AM
Haysey, with kids on hols this week best I could do is 9 holes - don't know if that's any help ? - are you reciprocal anywhere in Brisbane?

andylo
23rd September 2008, 09:34 AM
Also, where are you staying? (Suburb etc)

haysey
23rd September 2008, 11:57 AM
Staying in Spring Hill.

I will have a car and am able to do about an hours radius from there anytime after about 10 am thursday to dark friday.

The only place I'm sure of reciprocal rights is Nudgee:shock::D. Having said that I'm keen to play anywhere I can get a start

Courty
23rd September 2008, 09:09 PM
Round up a few for OZgolf's unofficial home at Nudgee. It's an easy track... you'll carve it up. ;)

haysey
23rd September 2008, 09:38 PM
Probably will end up playing the friday comp at Nudgee.

If by carve it up, you mean rack up 100, then I'll carve it up for sure:D

Still working on getting an extra 9 holes on the thursday arvo and another 18 on sunday:-k

Jarro
24th September 2008, 07:23 AM
haysey, the friday comp at Nudgee this week is a single stab on the South Course ... plenty of times available on the sheet at the moment.

I might be able to make it for a game, but that depends on when my kids get back from a trip away (they're expected back on Thursday night but that might change at the last moment)

I'll keep you informed.

peter_rs
24th September 2008, 07:42 AM
hey haysey,

shazza & I may play on friday time TBA.

PeteyD
24th September 2008, 07:51 AM
I might be on on the south course. Needs to be about 8:30 or so though.

haysey
24th September 2008, 11:18 AM
That's great. I would prefer morning but can play anytime on the friday.

Also got a leave pass for 9 holes thursday arvo. Any interest in somewhere closeish to Spring Hill about 12.30-1 pm

Jarro
24th September 2008, 01:33 PM
So for a game in the friday comp at Nudgee we have these interested parties :

haysey
peter_rs
Shazza_rs
PeteyD
jarro

Do we want to book in for the comp now ?

PeteyD
24th September 2008, 01:37 PM
Put me as reserve mark. I should rest my foot it has swollen up a fair bit.

haysey
24th September 2008, 02:02 PM
So for a game in the friday comp at Nudgee we have these interested parties :

haysey
peter_rs
Shazza_rs
PeteyD
jarro

Do we want to book in for the comp now ?

Yes please;)

Jarro
24th September 2008, 02:31 PM
Ok, i'll just wait and see what time the RS's were thinking of playing first.

haysey
24th September 2008, 02:34 PM
No worries, thanks mate

Jarro
24th September 2008, 03:01 PM
I've booked a group of 4 for 9:02am

Hope this suits.

haysey
24th September 2008, 04:26 PM
Works for me:D.

Jarro info supplied, thanks

damoocow
25th September 2008, 08:23 PM
let me know if anyone wants to pull out [and Peteyd doesn't want the spot] - wife is now taking tomorrow off so have a free day !

Jarro
26th September 2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks to Pete, Shaz and Tim (haysey) for an enjoyable round at Nudgee today(except for Shazza's potty-mouth) :p

Course was in great shape and the greens were running pure 8)

haysey is a nice bloke (even though he's one of Courty's mates) and he was good fun to have a round with :)

Courty
26th September 2008, 03:51 PM
haysey is a nice bloke (even though he's one of Courty's mates) and he was good fun to have a round with :)

:smt019

Did you have to stand on Shazza's shoulders to talk to him? :lol:

Jarro
26th September 2008, 03:52 PM
:smt019

Did you have to stand on Shazza's shoulders to talk to him? :lol:

He sure is a 'unit' :shock:

Nice bloke though, and he only had good things to say about you too :roll:

Courty
26th September 2008, 03:53 PM
He sure is a 'unit' :shock:

Nice bloke though, and he only had good things to say about you too :roll:

:lol:

PeteyD
26th September 2008, 04:22 PM
except for Shazza's potty-mouth :p

And this is unexpected?

Did County pay for Haysey's trip?

AndyP
26th September 2008, 05:56 PM
All these nice, polite comments about haysey make me think that he must be a tosser. If he was a good bloke, you'd be sledging and talking about what a dickhead he is.

It's the Australian way.

Eag's
26th September 2008, 07:00 PM
All these nice, polite comments about haysey make me think that he must be a tosser. If he was a good bloke, you'd be sledging and talking about what a dickhead he is.

It's the Australian way.

I think because he is a big unit people are not game AP :lol:

haysey
28th September 2008, 09:58 PM
Finally made it home after being royally screwed by Virgin Blue:cry:.

Just want to thank Jarro, Shazza and Pete for the round. It was a pleasure to meet you guys.

Even though I played like shite and probably cost Jarro a couple of points on 18. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and the company (except for the many trips into bunkers:lol:)

damoocow
28th September 2008, 10:01 PM
Finally made it home after being royally screwed by Virgin Blue:cry:.

:)

So what did Virgin Blue do ? - that;s who we're flying with up to Cairns in December

haysey
28th September 2008, 10:14 PM
I went to brisbane with a travel bag that was overweight, not a problem, but didn't make it back with a travel bag that was overweight:roll:. (think I may have struck a cranky bag checker inner person:lol:)

Then the plane was a couple of hours late (and yes I'd rather be safe than smashed) Its just rather annoying when your travelling with 2 tired and cranky kids.

damoocow
28th September 2008, 10:25 PM
How did you do with the clubs ? - Don't you get an extra 5kgs free as part of the 23kg limit ?

haysey
28th September 2008, 10:35 PM
Went down with 25 kilos, tried to come back with a fraction over 28 (wifeys shopping:roll:). Shoved the golf balls and my shoes into the carry on bag and it was all good.

Thinking about it, you're probably right. He seemed happy as soon as I got it under the 28 kilo mark.

haysey
28th September 2008, 10:51 PM
It's the Australian way.

Damn it, I knew someone would figure me out;)

I think because he is a big unit people are not game AP :lol:

I'm a lover not a fighter, also about as scary as Humphrey Bear:D

Courty
29th September 2008, 06:03 AM
Even though I played like shite and probably cost Jarro a couple of points on 18.

What happened? Did you stand on him? :lol:

haysey
29th September 2008, 06:40 AM
What happened? Did you stand on him? :lol:

I thought I'd managed to lose his card..... I think the sight of me running back to look for it had him laughing to hard to play the hole properly:razz:

Jarro
29th September 2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah it was quite a scene.

haysey and pete_rs were waiting on the 17th fairway while Shaz was helping me find my wayward tee-shot. Anyway, we end up finishing the hole .. and as we get to the 18th tee, Tim (haysey) tells me he thinks he's lost my card. Now he seemed to be pretty upset by this ... so i sort've knew i had a decent round going.

He proceeds to run back across the 17th fairway (scaring the young girls who were in a group behind us) to try and find the missing card. He walks back to inform us he didn't find it, although he thinks he might've placed the card in a different pocket in his bag ..... which he had :)

Was all funny stuff :lol:

haysey
29th September 2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah it was quite a scene.

(scaring the young girls who were in a group behind us) :)

Was all funny stuff :lol:

Poor kids didn't have a clue what was going on.

Some 6'5" clown sprinting (slowly:razz:) past them, then having to be carried back:roll: when I realized I still had the card anyway. Amazed I managed to take any points on 18 at all.

Nudgee golf club is a great place for a wedding. Good food, (Nudgee cheesecake8)) good service, just a really nice place.

Jarro
29th September 2008, 08:14 AM
Poor kids didn't have a clue what was going on.

Some 6'5" clown sprinting (slowly:razz:) past them, then having to be carried back:roll: when I realized I still had the card anyway. Amazed I managed to take any points on 18 at all.

Nudgee golf club is a great place for a wedding. Good food, (Nudgee cheesecake8)) good service, just a really nice place.

You should've seen the look on those poor girls faces as you were running back there :shock:

Glad to hear the wedding went well ... we were looking for you in the garden beds the next morning ;)

haysey
29th September 2008, 08:35 AM
You should've seen the look on those poor girls faces as you were running back there :shock:

Glad to hear the wedding went well ... we were looking for you in the garden beds the next morning ;)

Actually the best man made a considerable contribution to fertilising your garden beds:mrgreen:

peter_rs
29th September 2008, 10:11 AM
thanks for the game guys.

Courty
29th September 2008, 03:31 PM
He walks back to inform us he didn't find it, although he thinks he might've placed the card in a different pocket in his bag ..... which he had :)

The sad thing is he has done exactly that with me before. :roll: