PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Golf Bag

kobbsno10
20th September 2008, 03:56 PM
Do any of you guy's know where i can get my name embroidered onto my golf bag in the Sydney area? It seems that they aren't a lot of places out there that do that sort of thing!:-k

3oneday
20th September 2008, 08:58 PM
I can lend you a sharpie ?

No idea at all sorry, I only thought Pro's did that though ?

sms316
21st September 2008, 09:27 AM
You could ask the manufacturer of the bag to do it, although without PGA status it wouldn't be likely that they would come to the party.

Might be easier to get a signwriter to paint it on.

Grunt
21st September 2008, 09:53 AM
I know the Precept bags had a zipper that allowed the Ball stowage part to zip off entirely so that you could get it embroidered anywhere that had the machines.

Deano
21st September 2008, 01:00 PM
I may be way off, but I'm sure I read somewhere years ago that only 'Pro's' can have their name on their golf bag.
Check with your club first, or a rules book.

simmsy
21st September 2008, 01:41 PM
yes, pretty sure it states that you have to either have current PGA Tour status or have an ego the size of 10 quad stacker Hungry Jacks burgers!
But what ever floats your boat I suppose.

paulyboy
21st September 2008, 07:10 PM
I have my name embroidered on my golf towel, a christmas gift from my kids....
I cop enough grief for that.

Courty
21st September 2008, 09:24 PM
I can't see how there could be a rule about putting your name on your own golf bag. :neutral: I don't see the problem with it, but I wouldn't do it.

sms316
22nd September 2008, 08:44 AM
I don't think there is anything stopping you from doing it (apart from looking like a bit of a wanker). Just because you have your name on the bag, doesn't mean you are being paid to endorse the manufacturer.

Dotty
22nd September 2008, 10:00 AM
Only $35 at the State Registry, to change your name to 'Wilson Staff' or 'Taylor Made'. 8-)

Carnegie Clark had ads in the glossy mags a few years back offering custom embroidered bags. I think they are in St Peters, so give them a call or email.

Flowergirl
22nd September 2008, 10:39 AM
:shock:Um - without wanting to appear to be rude - can I ask - why???????:shock:

kobbsno10
23rd September 2008, 11:19 AM
F**k me I didnt know I was a wanker with an ego "the size of a 10 quad stacker hungry jacks burger" but it turns out that's the way it seems.. I'm having second thoughts now!No reason why I wanted to do it, I just thought that it would be cool, but thinkin about it now.. it is a bit egotistical is'nt it :)

Flowergirl
23rd September 2008, 11:46 AM
F**k me I didnt know I was a wanker with an ego "the size of a 10 quad stacker hungry jacks burger" but it turns out that's the way it seems.. I'm having second thoughts now!No reason why I wanted to do it, I just thought that it would be cool, but thinkin about it now.. it is a bit egotistical is'nt it :)

We're your friends - we'll tell you. Yes - it is a bit egotistical. Well spotted:mrgreen:

Dotty
23rd September 2008, 12:15 PM
Wasn't Wilson Staff the bloke that was stuck on the island with Tom Hanks in Castaway ?
As opposed to the whale hanging around Broken Bay last month ... 'Wilson Stuffed'.