PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup...

goughy
19th September 2008, 05:54 PM
Is on Ten HD from 10pm tonite. Will have to see if that includes the regional Ten HD as well?? They did have the majors on it!

Matt 3 Jab
19th September 2008, 09:51 PM
also on normal 10 from 1.30am till 6am.

chappy1970
20th September 2008, 10:42 AM
Anyone see the Holmes/Weekley vs Westwood/Hansen 4 ball, Watching the yanks blast the ball off the tee compared to their timid opponents (relative to the bigboy tour) was like watching men play women.

Good result for the Euro's in that match. I can honestly say that every time I watch a US team event I dislike them more and more. Watching Weekley inciting the crowd was a joke. What ever gets them going I suppose

I hope the Euro's can get up.

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2008, 10:50 AM
Sons of bitches at Ten switched over to Ten HD at 8:30. I didn't get to see the end of the Weekly match.

Grunt
22nd September 2008, 06:15 AM
Come on Europe almost there, just hold on. You have got to beat the yanks again.

3oneday
22nd September 2008, 07:35 AM
Score update Grant ?

Bruce
22nd September 2008, 09:11 AM
Well Harrington and Garcia got smashed. I think they won a point and half between them for the whole weekend. There's the result in a nutshell.

dc68
22nd September 2008, 09:30 AM
I can honestly say that every time I watch a US team event I dislike them more and more.

Having witnessed first hand the bad sportmanship that yanks display
at this years Masters I totally agree. The single worst example was when
Immelmans double at 16 was posted on the scoreboard at 18 they were
hooting and hollering and go Tigering. Lost the last shred of respect right
there and then.

the U S A!! U S A! chant had me going for the mute button over the weekend.

3oneday
22nd September 2008, 09:37 AM
I thought the Europeans had a weak team, but sadly they had no one stronger to pick either !

McDowell looked like he was choking over every putt ! and who the **** is Oliver Wilson ?

The Yanks seemed to have more team spirit, even though the commentators pointed out they had their own names on their hats whilst the Europeans had team europe ! :roll:

BrisVegas
22nd September 2008, 09:40 AM
there was a bit of that negative hollering going on in the nrl thread on saturday night!

I'm all for barracking positively for your team/guy or whatever, but I don't think much of people who go to the trouble to put shit on someone when they're down. When I was in school, if we were caught booing or cheering another team's misfortune we'd have got a belting. Etiquette is something the american galleries don't seem to get.

3oneday
22nd September 2008, 09:50 AM
Yes, is there such a term as the Poor Winner Syndrome ?

BrisVegas
22nd September 2008, 09:53 AM
yes, it's called "Lack of Class".

3oneday
22nd September 2008, 10:10 AM
It's obviously rife everywhere though. When my daughter lost her Under 10's GF the other team carried on and called them losers !

Mind you, their coach got sent off for intimidating the ref also. If it happens in kids it would be because they are good copiers ;)

chappy1970
22nd September 2008, 02:47 PM
Roll on Presidents Cup hey.

Come to think of it no one gives a F%^k about that anyway.

chappy1970
22nd September 2008, 02:54 PM
I have expressed my opinion of the Yanks and that will remain for eternity but there was some pretty spectacular golf played by both sides.

And can that JB Holmes let some shaft out (golf shaft that is). He bombs it.

sms316
22nd September 2008, 03:40 PM
Long John Holmes indeed.

Eag's
22nd September 2008, 03:47 PM
I have expressed my opinion of the Yanks and that will remain for eternity but there was some pretty spectacular golf played by both sides.

Yep, after seeing this bloke in person at the PGA at Coolum you are correct chappy, ****ing huge comes to mind :shock::shock:

Oh and yeah Yanks are Wankers!!!

Grunt
22nd September 2008, 04:11 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24383216-23213,00.html

PeteyD
22nd September 2008, 08:10 PM
You see it here at the football and stuff too. Booing when the opposition is kicking for goal and that sort of thing. No different.

virge666
22nd September 2008, 10:04 PM
You see it here at the football and stuff too. Booing when the opposition is kicking for goal and that sort of thing. No different.

Exactly - it is awesome stuff to watch. I hate the Seppos as much as anyone - but they played sensational golf today.

Kenny Perry and Anthony Kim were unstoppable.

When it all comes down to it - I just saw the Euro's unable to read the speed of the greens. They both hhit the ball at pins all day, but did not sink the putts.

Great to watch though

3oneday
23rd September 2008, 06:58 AM
It was good to watch, I found it the best golf coverage I've seen for years !

Webster
23rd September 2008, 07:04 AM
Even the way Channel 10 flogged it with ads on the final day?

3oneday
23rd September 2008, 07:29 AM
Sorry, I only saw it on the weekend.

pt73
23rd September 2008, 08:25 AM
And for a change, instead of biased yankee commentators we had biased European ones.

Plus Ch 10 had the closing ceremony in their schedule but never showed it.

senecio
23rd September 2008, 08:27 AM
It was good to watch, I found it the best golf coverage I've seen for years !

It was good coverage, right up until 8:31am each day when channel 10 dropped the coverage on SD to resume their regular programming.

Poor form.

sms316
23rd September 2008, 08:32 AM
I actually don't mind the fanatical football-style crowd for these events. Reckon it adds to the atmosphere. It's different and stands out from the usual silence and golf claps.

They need firecrackers though...

Wouldn't want to see it on a weekly basis though. Once a year is enough (just like the party hole at Phoenix).

macjackass
24th September 2008, 02:15 AM
Anthony Kim carried on like an idiot. As one of the commentators mentioned "...we'll see how it is when the crowd is completly different the next time". Some of the yanks have a bit of class but they're in the minority.

damoocow
1st October 2008, 10:47 PM
Anthony Kim carried on like an idiot. As one of the commentators mentioned "...we'll see how it is when the crowd is completly different the next time". Some of the yanks have a bit of class but they're in the minority.

have only just finished watching all the Ryder Cup I taped and initially thought Boo was the biggest golf dill I had seen but he was easily upstaged by Anthony Kim - this guy is an absolute d1ckhead - don't care how good he plays , he displayed no sportsmanship from the footage I saw and I am hoping he fails in every major he plays