PDA

View Full Version : Help finding an OGIO!

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2008, 03:12 PM
Hi Guys,

Adlo is making a few calls for me, which I appreciate. However, I am not having much luck finding OGIO carry bags in Aus. I called Golfwrxs this morning and they said that they don't have anymore as there is no aussie distributor. I have checked the "Lustyindustries" website, but it is pretty crap.

Is there anywhere over east that may have some stock that would ship out to WA and not kill me on price?

Also, what should I be looking to pay for a Grom or Edge landed over here?

I don't want to force my mum to bring one all the way from Canada when she comes to visit in a month or so, but I may just have to!

JC

Grunt
18th September 2008, 03:14 PM
I will ask my Pro mate who got me mine last year direct from the distributor.

Scottt
18th September 2008, 03:21 PM
Johnny. Last time I was at Drummond Golf at Camperdown (Sydney) they had some Ogio bags lying around. Groms, if I remember correctly. Might be worth phoning them?

Grunt
18th September 2008, 03:39 PM
I will ask my Pro mate who got me mine last year direct from the distributor.

Distributor has changed since I got mine, it was up in QLD when I got mine.

prmeier
18th September 2008, 03:48 PM
Tried a few months ago to get an Edge. No Aussie distributor at the moment and none on the horizon. A few retailers do have some left, mostly Ozones. Did find a few US retailers that would ship here for a reasonable cost but at the current exchange rate it wouldn't be worth it.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I guess I may have to tell my 61 year old mother to pack light for her trip over.

Scottt, I'll try the Drummond that you mentioned. Just not sure how shipping would work.

Scottt
18th September 2008, 04:00 PM
Johnny, ask to speak to Lauren. She is the most helpful one there.

chappy1970
18th September 2008, 04:00 PM
JC, if Drummond stock them, couldn't you ask to have one shipped from another store, assuming that the one you go to doesn't have one in stock that is.

You may be able to leverage their interstore stock movement.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2008, 04:13 PM
JC, if Drummond stock them, couldn't you ask to have one shipped from another store, assuming that the one you go to doesn't have one in stock that is.

You may be able to leverage their interstore stock movement.
I was hoping for that. I wasn't sure if the stores were independant or not. I have checked the one down the road from me and they had about 6 different carry bags, pretty shocking. I also wasn't going to pay $340 for a Ping Hoofer. I have just sent an email to the other one in WA.

Scottt
18th September 2008, 04:16 PM
Drummond do stock transfers, but sometimes it can be difficult.

If it's anything like stock trades in the car game (which involves a similar franchising model) it may well depend on your local Drummond having something in stock that Camperdown wants, or Camperdown being willing to sell the bag to the WA store for the wholesale price (which they'd probably only do if it was old stock and they wanted to lose it.

Grunt
18th September 2008, 04:16 PM
Ogio also make alot of the OEM bags?

Does anyone know which ones they do make?

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2008, 04:31 PM
Drummond do stock transfers, but sometimes it can be difficult.

If it's anything like stock trades in the car game (which involves a similar franchising model) it may well depend on your local Drummond having something in stock that Camperdown wants, or Camperdown being willing to sell the bag to the WA store for the wholesale price (which they'd probably only do if it was old stock and they wanted to lose it.

They only had the "SS Flight" with the "Schling", which I am not wanting to try. $320, so a bit pricey too!.

I may end up calling every Drummond in Aus.

Thanks for the help Scottt.

Scottt
18th September 2008, 04:34 PM
The 'schling' sounds like some sort of groinal support garment :lol:

Courty
18th September 2008, 04:36 PM
Amart Allsports were stocking OGIO's for a while there. They had Ozones & Groms, but no Edges. I haven't looked recently to see if they still have them. Anyhow, I was after an Edge also, and couldn't locate one anywhere in Oz, so I turned to eBay. I bought one from the US and all up including shipping it converted to $250ish.

Scottt
18th September 2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/golf-equipment_ogio-international_ogio-grom-cc-stand-bag_10001_10001_148115_-1__.htm

US $129 @ Edwin Watts could still be the best bet, Johnny.

According to xe.com that's AU$162.

Chris32
18th September 2008, 05:54 PM
The Amart store not far from me has about 5 or 6. They have sat there for at least a year. I think they are $179 from memory, not sure which model it is though.

I might drop by for a look over the next few days

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks Chris, I appreciate it.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/golf-equipment_ogio-international_ogio-grom-cc-stand-bag_10001_10001_148115_-1__.htm

US $129 @ Edwin Watts could still be the best bet, Johnny.

According to xe.com that's AU$162.

With shipping I am looking at $250 AUD landed. They only have one colour available, and it is not my first choice.

The Amart trick could work. They should be able to ship interstate...

Moe Norman
18th September 2008, 07:12 PM
I have 2 Grom's, both oldish but fine.

You can have one of them for $70 + post if you want.

Plain black or black & silver.

paulyboy
18th September 2008, 07:41 PM
I was on the hunt for a certain Ogio bag about 3 months ago.
Several of the Drummond stores in Melbourne still had a handful.
Dandy had a couple, Frankston had one, Chaddy and Southland both had one or 2 I think, and the City store had some. Can't remember which model but they all seemed to at least have the bright green one.
Paul

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2008, 09:40 PM
I have 2 Grom's, both oldish but fine.

You can have one of them for $70 + post if you want.

Plain black or black & silver.

Thanks for the offer Thommo. I am going to see if I can somehow source a new one, hopefully Amart near Chris still has some Groms. I'll be in touch if it all falls through.

jaybam
20th September 2008, 12:16 PM
Hey i only get to use the net on weekends at the moment but my local amart has brand new ogio carry bags for i think it was 135 each on sale from 200. As i am only able to get to the net on weekends feel free to get my details from the members area and give me a call. Not sure what postage would be to WA though. Cheers Jaybam

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Jaybam,

Can you find out what type they are? I am looking for a Grom (preferably) or an Edge. If I don't hear from you later this weekend, I'll give you a ring.

Cheers! There may be hope after all!

JC

jaybam
20th September 2008, 03:46 PM
Ok mate just drove down there and sorry but they are called the ozone i think?? There is three there and they are 139.99 each. Got a couple of pics but they were taken on my phone so probably wont be real clear but give you an idea. There is the blue a orange or a black one. Cant figure out how to get the pics in here but can email them to you if you like. John

billybaub
24th September 2008, 07:44 PM
postage will be about 30 bucks to WA. I could get one there pretty easily...if jaybam wants to get a bag for you. I could post on the 1st october or any time after as that when my aus post parcel agreement starts and i will have best rates

adlo
24th September 2008, 08:27 PM
Johnny, was in touch with Aust. purchasing dept of Drummonds, but they are now not getting back to me... maybe because the Ogio situation is bad. Will try again though.

Ned
24th September 2008, 09:00 PM
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/290128/Ogio/Grom_Stand_Bag

Order Total
Merchandise Total $149.99
Shipping Total $42.02
Estimated Sales Tax $0.00
Total $192.01

This in USD and is freight to Qld

v205
24th September 2008, 09:14 PM
That's the best shipping rate for a golf bag that I've seen!

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2008, 09:27 PM
postage will be about 30 bucks to WA. I could get one there pretty easily...if jaybam wants to get a bag for you. I could post on the 1st october or any time after as that when my aus post parcel agreement starts and i will have best rates

I think Jaybam could only get the Ozone model and I really want a Grom. If he can get a Grom, I will take you up on the offer for sure Billybaub. G69 is also having a check for me as well.

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2008, 09:33 PM
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/290128/Ogio/Grom_Stand_Bag

Order Total
Merchandise Total $149.99
Shipping Total $42.02
Estimated Sales Tax $0.00
Total $192.01

This in USD and is freight to Qld

Mate, I have twice gone through their checkout and got shipping prices well in excess of $100 to WA. I am trying it again now, but the website is not letting me add anything into my cart so that I can check shipping. Lovely.

I'll try it later on tonight and let you know. Thanks for the help s75......

Ned
24th September 2008, 09:39 PM
What Post Code in WA ?

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2008, 10:04 PM
6100 post code. having probs with the internet over at my inlaws. golfsmith page refusing to put anything into the cart. if i can get it shipped for that price, i will place the order tonight. it'll help cushion the blow of our sonofabitch government canceling the shared equity scheme while my app was lodged!

adlo
24th September 2008, 11:01 PM
U in my neck of the woods? Anyway, Golfsmith cart giving me grief too. Apparently they have 20% off golf bags for the next few days too.

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2008, 11:33 PM
hey adlo,
managed to get through the checkout. shipping to 6100 wa is $102.60. how can it be $60 more than qld?

when does this bag sale start??

adlo
25th September 2008, 12:04 AM
That is mad. Cheaper to ship it to billybaub and then to WA! But bloody frustrating. 20% off valid now, seems to be valid for Ogio, Promo code: WEB839SEP.

Johnny, check the price for 2 bags and see what the shipping is. Might be a good chance to buy my next Grom :)

Johnny Canuck
25th September 2008, 01:39 AM
order total with 2 groms is $396 USD, using the promo code. that is with $155 shipping. they guarantee that they have the lowest shipping rates. edwin watts will charge $75 shipping for the two bags, so i may call golfsmith to see if they will beat that price by 15%, like they state. i would buy from watts, but they only have the cc version in fire red, which in not my preferred choice.

i'll try calling in the morning and let you know the outcome.

adlo
25th September 2008, 01:49 AM
Sounds good. Let me know. If bringing 2 bags over saves on shipping, could be the go.

Johnny Canuck
25th September 2008, 01:50 PM
hey adlo,

talked to them today. only the olive/khaki or green "apple" bags are available to be shipped internationally. $42 shipping will apply as s75... said. i need to create an account beforehand to get this pricing apparently.

couldn't get a prince on shipping two and the international counter was closed. let me know what you think, i'll probably pick up an olive/khaki model. $162 USD is pretty fair.

adlo
25th September 2008, 08:14 PM
Johnny, that price is starting to look pretty good for you. Unless shipping 2 bags made a huge saving (which I doubt it will at $42 for one) I won't join you. I'll just wait till mine needs replacing!

Johnny Canuck
25th September 2008, 09:44 PM
sounds good adlo, i'll probably order tonight.

Chris32
26th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Sorry for the delay, just checked Amart near me and they have 1 black Ozone at $139.00
Looks like its been there a while, a bit marked up around the dividers. Looks they are clearing all the bags there too, most of them have been sold

Johnny Canuck
26th September 2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the help Chris and G69.

The saga continues. I phoned yesterday morning and confirmed the $42 shipping, but couldn't buy as there was no one working at "the international desk". The girl said to send an email to the international department (done) and to also create an account before purchasing to get the correct shipping price to appear. I did all this and still got a shipping cost of $102.

I just checked the website to see what time they will start taking phone orders and now my olive/khaki bag is sold out. The others aren't available for international shipping as they are not in the warehouse. I am still going to phone in the morning and hope that someone can help me, but I am not holding my breath.

welshy
26th September 2008, 07:42 PM
Seriously time for a new Customer Service/experience director! Sorry to hear the crap time u have had Johnny

adlo
26th September 2008, 07:52 PM
That sucks. Not keen on apple green?

welshy
26th September 2008, 08:01 PM
i think apple green would be ok Johnny - get the matching nike drifit shirt and u will be snazzy!

BrisVegas
26th September 2008, 08:02 PM
go the green!

adlo
26th September 2008, 08:02 PM
What about the Nexos? That bag is the shiznit. I have been wondering what is missing from my golf bags. And now I know.... a cigar caddy.

adlo
26th September 2008, 08:03 PM
Waiting for G69 to chime in in the green.......

Johnny Canuck
26th September 2008, 08:13 PM
that's where it gets even better. the apple green is no longer in stock in the warehouse so I couldn't get it even if i wanted. i don't think it looks too bad on the net, but it could be awful in reality.

on a side note, i asked my wife her opinion and she liked the apple green best.

the 2009 line shouldn't be too far away. i checked out a video on youtube that showed clips of the upcoming line. a few of the bags look pretty funky.

check out this ogio bad boy, on sale in my native land: http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/stores/1/OGIO-Grom-Limited-Edition-Stand-Bag-P9339C27.aspx

Johnny Canuck
26th September 2008, 08:14 PM
What about the Nexos? That bag is the shiznit. I have been wondering what is missing from my golf bags. And now I know.... a cigar caddy.

i saw that today on that youtube vid, what an accessory!!!!!

adlo
26th September 2008, 08:16 PM
Not bad. Can't tempt you with the Nexos??

Is your Mum bringing the bag still an option? And are you saying Golfsmith have no Ogio Groms for international sale?

Johnny Canuck
26th September 2008, 08:21 PM
I may look into the Nexos. Could be an option.

From what the lady told me, if it says "ships on..." and not "in stock", it is not available for international sale and won't be in the future.

adlo
26th September 2008, 08:28 PM
Crap! Doesn't look like they ship international with the Nexos. Just watched that Youtube vid. My next bag MUST be a Nexos!!

Johnny Canuck
26th September 2008, 08:37 PM
i just checked out the nexos of golfsmith as well and noticed the lack of international shipping there as well. i am hoping the girl i talked to was uninformed (dumb) and these bags will actually be available for shipment. just not too fond on the colours of the nexos that they have available.

adlo
26th September 2008, 11:35 PM
Let's hope so. I find it a bit weird they can't ship all their gear international.

Check out the Ogio webiste, the pictures look better than Golfsmith. The Black/Gold is a bit showy for me, but the other 2 options look nice.

v205
26th September 2008, 11:41 PM
Last I heard, Nexos has some design flaws with the legs that they withdrew the product from the market until further notice. Not sure if they've resolved it.

adlo
26th September 2008, 11:52 PM
JC, an Indigo/Khaki Grom is $195US shipped from TGW, 2 would cost $340US.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 12:02 AM

are you considering getting one now? i was liking that colour combo!

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 12:03 AM
Last I heard, Nexos has some design flaws with the legs that they withdrew the product from the market until further notice. Not sure if they've resolved it.

i saw a demo of the legs. looks good, but also like they could easily malfunction. cheers for the heads up.

adlo
27th September 2008, 12:10 AM
Same as before. If it presented a good saving, I'd probably join in.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 12:27 AM
i'm keen. lets do it before i design a pair of my joys that i like!

adlo
27th September 2008, 12:43 AM
Ever used TGW before? Looks like they need credit card ownership proof before you can buy.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 12:45 AM
never used it. what is required for credit card ownership proof?

adlo
27th September 2008, 12:47 AM
Because of increased Internet fraud, we are requiring proof of card ownership for ALL NEW International orders. Before we process any NEW INTERNATIONAL ORDERS we must have a copy of the credit card statement with the name and address of the customer the order is being billed to on file. It must be either faxed to us at 001- 316-838-5557 or mailed to us at The Golf Warehouse 8851 East 34th Street North, Wichita, Kansas 67226 Attn: Order Processing. Please contact customer service with any questions. customerservice@tgw.com (%20customerservice@tgw.com) or by phone 001-316-838-2199.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 12:58 AM
i just found that myself. it only figures that we find this on a friday night, when i don't have access to a fax machine. the bags have just dropped in price too. they were $149 two days ago. i might drop them an email and see if they take a scanned copy. i doubt it, but it's worth a try.

adlo
27th September 2008, 01:03 AM
Crazy... I thought about the scanner option too. Failing that, can you put them in the cart and "buy" them pending payment? I would have for them to sell out and see this Ogio saga continue!

I'm also looking at a pair of shoes. Would be happy to use my card, or can transfer you the funds.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 01:11 AM
Whatever is easiest. I have sent an email, I'll let you know what I hear back. "Designed" a nice pair of MyJoys but am going to hold off. They would also delay the order as well.

If we get shot down on the credit card scanning, I might try the hold option. I won't have fax access until Tuesday.

adlo
27th September 2008, 01:21 AM
Hope they get back to you ASAP, I am heading off on holidays tomorrow. Should have internet access from time to time, but will not be trawling the forums. Will have my mobile with me all the time though. If they take a few days it might be easier for you to sort out the purchase and I can transfer you some $$. We can arrange with a PM or SMS.

Let me know the latest....

Hmmm, never seen the Myjoys.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 01:54 AM
Hey Adlo, Good news! Do you want to place the order and I'll send you the money? Do you have a scanner? I can get it done tomorrow, but I don't want to take any further risks.

That is perfectly fine. You can email it to orderprocessing@tgw.com.
Thanks J

Cherelle Anderson
CSR/ Email Support
The Golf Warehouse/Baseballsavings.com
Reach us by phone @ 888-838-5551
Visit us online at:

adlo
27th September 2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah I have a scanner, and can place the order. PM sent in next 2 mins.

Courty
27th September 2008, 07:31 AM
It sounds like it might be too late, but when I ordered my current Nike Sasquatch Tour stand bag, it was showing 'Shipping On...' at Golfsmith's site. All it meant was that they didn't have any in stock yet. And mine shipped the day after the site said they were shipping...

adlo
27th September 2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks Courty, looks like it is OK through TGW and the price ends up about $5US different anyways.

adlo
27th September 2008, 03:38 PM
I think this thread should be locked, put an end to the Ogio debacle. Barring any dramas with TGW, Johnny should have an Ogio Grom in a week.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2008, 11:29 PM
Courty,

Golfsmith sent me an email informing me to contact Ogio and see what they have left in stock and then order through Golfsmith. Why should I be doing the work?

Adlo and I should have new Grom's in the next week or so, but until that happens, do not lock this baby down! I won't believe it until it happens.

adlo
28th September 2008, 12:01 AM
Don't tempt fate Johnny

Johnny Canuck
28th September 2008, 01:03 AM
Hey, if for some reason it falls through, we can aim for the pin stripes! That being said, I still really want my new bag to get here.

adlo
28th September 2008, 01:09 AM
Pin stripes will up the cost, and I think the 09's are due November from what I heard. This thread would be far too long by then...

chappy1970
29th September 2008, 12:41 PM

This exact bag will be my next stand bag, I think Jono has one/had one

Johnny Canuck
16th October 2008, 02:45 PM
Finally!!!

Just wanted to report that after a few weeks of hassles, TGW messing up Adlo's credit card details and delaying order processing, and then only shipping one of the two bags, I have received my Ogio Grom in Indigo/Khaki.

Can't wait to get her home and load her up tonight.

Thanks to Adlo for his help and not keeping it for himself.

Now that I have a sexy golf bag, I may have to do a "what's in the bag?"

Scottt
16th October 2008, 02:46 PM
I reckon Adlo will shoot you in the face if he sees this in the pro shop in the next six months :lol:

adlo
16th October 2008, 09:15 PM
I reckon Adlo will shoot you in the face if he sees this in the pro shop in the next six months :lol:
I'd probably just buy it :D

Johnny Canuck
16th October 2008, 09:58 PM
By the look of it, I think it is going to be around for a very long time.

adlo
16th October 2008, 10:04 PM
By the look of it, I think it is going to be around for a very long time.
True, because even if you don't like it, you'll just hoard it :lol: