PDA

View Full Version : Aus Open Tips

Eag's
21st November 2004, 11:01 PM
I like Pampling, Nick O'hern, Geoff Ogilvy and Parry :wink:

Jarro
22nd November 2004, 06:49 AM
I'd love to see Pamps win it 8)

.. but i think either Stuart Appleby or Peter Lonard will be the eventual winner.

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 09:02 AM
I like the looks of Lonard. At the NSW he looked so relaxed, between shots, chatting to the other competitors, and even standing over the ball. He made all the right club choices and looked the part.

Tougher crowd this week, that'll just go towards raising his price ;)

Interesting bi-play between competitors too, no niggle, but commending each other on putts etc. The other 2 competitors in PL's group looked a little unsure of the surrounds, playing in the final grouping with a decent gallery, even if it was only Saturday.

Eag's
24th November 2004, 11:24 PM
Can't wait to tune in tomorrow, this course sounds like a monster 6610 Meters :shock:

Jarro
25th November 2004, 08:06 AM
.. lets hope the rain stays away :roll:

Onewood
25th November 2004, 08:10 AM
Nick O'hern or Lonard :wink:

drunken
25th November 2004, 11:23 AM
Does someone want to tell me WTF Scott Hend is wearing!!!! :shock:

He's wearing a grape collarless shirt with some charming lime green slacks :smt078

Eag's
25th November 2004, 01:57 PM
Looks like a bloody New York pimp :shock:

Trung
25th November 2004, 02:17 PM
Me and a few mates are going out there on sat arvo. Should be great fun.

:D

Golfgirl
26th November 2004, 08:25 AM
Does someone want to tell me WTF Scott Hend is wearing!!!! :shock:

He's wearing a grape collarless shirt with some charming lime green slacks :smt078

You should have seen it up close... not a pretty sight....

I can't wait to get there today to see what he is wearing....

Jarro
26th November 2004, 06:11 PM
Me and a few mates are going out there on sat arvo. Should be great fun.

:D

make sure you spraypaint Ozgolf.net on your backside and streak across the 18th late in the day will ya :wink: :lol:

Jarro
26th November 2004, 07:24 PM
our man Pamps is looking the goods at the halfway mark 8)

AndyP
28th November 2004, 09:28 PM
Oops.

So was Appleby's last putt a choke? Looked like it.
Thing he ruined the promoter's dream by missing that one.

Nice work by Lonard though. 8)

Fishman Dan
28th November 2004, 09:34 PM
Oops.

So was Appleby's last putt a choke? Looked like it.
Thing he ruined the promoter's dream by missing that one.

Nice work by Lonard though. 8)

To be honest i was ready to head to the playoff hole - unless of course it was 18 and i was going to stay put.

I was sitting right behind Apples when he played that chip - he's got such a good short game i was stunned when it was outside 3 feet. He pretty much had to play it straight and let it collapse down the small grade in the green.

Having said that, it wasn't a hard 6-6' putt, and having gone home and seen it on TV - he missed it by miles!!

damoocow
28th November 2004, 10:10 PM
Although I too cannot believe Appleby missed that last putt [bit of fixing going on ?] - a playoff would have been a pretty boring affair between two very good but DULL players - really, is Lonard just the most boring stiff you have ever seen - what a pity the Ross River Fever didn't get him -
while I am having a whinge - what is with this T shirt wearing shite ! - kick 'em off the course I say - and another thing............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......blah blah blah blah blah

damoocow

amanda
29th November 2004, 08:45 AM
Having said that, it wasn't a hard 6-6' putt, and having gone home and seen it on TV - he missed it by miles!!
Should have heard the groans at the golf club where we were watching - people were almost throwing stuff at the tele! Comments like "that was never going in" and "even I could putt that in!" were floating around - classic!

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 09:17 AM
Although I too cannot believe Appleby missed that last putt [bit of fixing going on ?] - a playoff would have been a pretty boring affair between two very good but DULL players - really, is Lonard just the most boring stiff you have ever seen - what a pity the Ross River Fever didn't get him -
while I am having a whinge - what is with this T shirt wearing shite ! - kick 'em off the course I say - and another thing............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......blah blah blah blah blah

damoocow

Yet another amazing post by Damoocow :shock: :roll:
Lonard dull?????????????????Appleby fixing????????????

I was delighted to see Lonard win. Great player, great man and what a great body :smt055 :smt007 :smt049 :smt057

Eag's
29th November 2004, 01:26 PM

damoocow

Umm....whatever medication you are on damo take more of it mate :smt017 :smt107 they are both great players and a pleasure to watch.

damoocow
29th November 2004, 01:46 PM
Umm....whatever medication you are on damo take more of it mate they are both great players and a pleasure to watch

don't recall posting this ! - maybe I need a holiday ?

Yet another amazing post by Damoocow

I love you too.

damoocow

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 04:12 PM
Umm....whatever medication you are on damo take more of it mate they are both great players and a pleasure to watch

don't recall posting this ! - maybe I need a holiday ?

Yet another amazing post by Damoocow

I love you too.

damoocow

I do love you damoocow.......even though you seem a little weird :wink:
( no offence was intended :smt056 )

damoocow
30th November 2004, 10:44 AM
I do love you damoocow.......even though you seem a little weird

thanks FG - perhaps I need a few days off the beer !

damoocow