PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Club Members

oscar
9th September 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm starting a new job next week, which will involve regular regional flying within QLD. I was looking at purchasing a Qantas club membership.

Anyone use the Qantas club in Bris? I've been in the 'Club' a couple of times but wasn’t that impressed with facilities on offer.

Does the priority check in and other membership privileges justify the membership cost?

BrisVegas
10th September 2008, 08:07 AM
it's worth it IMHO. Nice to be able to escape to the club and wait in relative comfort for the inevitable delayed flights etc. Checking in is a little nicer there too. Surely your work will pay for it if they're demanding you to travel a lot...?

Moe Norman
10th September 2008, 07:12 PM
I am a member, and use it pretty regularly - but i wouldn't pay for it out of my own pocket.

I travelled without it pretty solid for 6 months before I earnt a free membership through frequent flyer status.

It will probably run out soon as I don't travel as much anymore, and there is no way I will fork out the $ to maintain it once the freebie runs out.

It's handy, but not neccessary in my book.

I can buy food and sit on my laptop in the airport without shelling out $800

kwantfm
10th September 2008, 08:55 PM
I almost responded but saw that Moe had said exactly what I wanted to write.

oscar
10th September 2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah my thoughts too Moe ( & kwantfm) I'll rack up enough frequent flyer points soon enough.

amanda
11th September 2008, 07:43 AM
It can be reasonably priced if you salary sacrifice - at UTS they have some sort of discount for QQ purchased centrally as well.

Webster
11th September 2008, 07:52 AM
If you sit in Qantas Club, do you get a better view of the pieces falling off their planes during take off, or of the baggage handlers pinching your valuables out of your golf bag during loading, or of their engineers downing tools to go on strike in support of ridiculous wage claims??

PeteyD
13th September 2008, 10:46 AM
Nah, but they have a TV in there.