PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing September 1st

Grunt
5th September 2008, 03:09 PM
Played Oatlands today in some of the wettest conditions I have played in quite a while. Had a good day with the putter and it certainly converted to the scorecard. Had 38 points and that should get me a handicap drop and a win on the day. There were only 6 players (idiots) out there. Has anyone played in a smaller field?

Oatlands was in the middle of it spring renos with holes 4 & 12 out of play and tee up thru the green.

Stats
85 Gross
68 Nett
38 Points
6/12 Fairways
2 GIR
28 Putts (1 3 putt)
7/12 Up & Downs
1/3 Sand Saves

On the whole, a good round in the conditions.

Scottt
5th September 2008, 03:20 PM
they might not have a comp result with only six starters.

CCR will be the ACR though, that's the rule when fewer than 21 start.

Grunt
5th September 2008, 03:21 PM
They told me when we handed the cards in I would get a prize. They would honour the comp fee.

damoocow
5th September 2008, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=Grunt;25109 - There were only 6 players (idiots) out there. Has anyone played in a smaller field?
.[/QUOTE]

Before my lesson today I was talking to one of the pro shop guys about how the ladies comp went the day before in the pouring rain - there were 4 starters !

The 2 other guys who I was to have a playing lesson with today had pulled out in the morning just before I arrived at the course - the Pro asked if I was cool to just do the one to one playing lesson with him [for no extra money !] - now that is what I call service !!

mikezone13
5th September 2008, 05:43 PM
Played Oatlands today in some of the wettest conditions I have played in quite a while. Had a bad day with the putter and it certainly converted to the scorecard. Had 34 points and that should get me a handicap increase and no win on the day. There were only 6 players (idiots) out there. Has anyone played in a smaller field?

Oatlands was in the middle of it spring renos with holes 4 & 12 out of play and tee up thru the green.

Stats
81 Gross
71 Nett
34 Points
6/12 Fairways
9 GIR
37 Putts (5 x 3 putt)
2/6 Up & Downs
0/4 Sand Saves

On the whole, a good round except putting in the conditions.

welshy
5th September 2008, 06:30 PM
Played Gungahlin Lakes today (2 balls of each hole - and carded them separate) lil bit windy but not too bad, maybe a club, or 2 in the gusts - 2 93's net 61s - happy with that but still room to move - saying that tomorrow is the monthly medal and I am backing myself for a 107 :smt087

Coffs_Hacker
6th September 2008, 11:44 AM
PLayed Monthly Medal today first game in 2 weeks :)

Par was 71 had 80/69

8fir
6gir
30putts
1bird

damoocow
6th September 2008, 03:12 PM
Monthly Medal at Keperra this morning in very strong winds - butchered the front 9 but came home strong with 4 closing pars to make some amends - a case of what could have been.................91/69 for - 2

Grunt
6th September 2008, 03:25 PM
Nice scoring Damoo, will it be a Handicap drop? Or even better a win?

damoocow
6th September 2008, 03:33 PM
I'd be hoping to lose something for 2 under on a medal day in tough conditions ! - wouldn't think it would win though - just got back from taking my son to the Jnr golf clinic and the field is still going through - will check later tonight

oz
6th September 2008, 05:08 PM
Shabby 78 / 71 for me today in the medal at Albury. Followed 3 birdies in a row by dropping 8 shots in 7 holes. Woeful.

jaybam
6th September 2008, 05:10 PM
Played Carbrook today after i finished work. Those winds were awsome i nearly flew away. Pretty happy with how i played considering the conditions and how i have been playing of late. 80/74 with a triple and two doubles in there. Just hope this is the start of something and not the climax lol. All i can say is windiest (cant spell) day ever.Now i know why i dont usually work and play in the mornings when its a bit calmer :)

AndyP
6th September 2008, 05:34 PM
PLayed Monthly Medal today first game in 2 weeks :)

Par was 71 had 80/69

8fir
6gir
30putts
1bird
Three consecutive handicap drops is fantastic form. Well done, Craig! What's the trigger for it?

AndyP
6th September 2008, 05:36 PM
Monthly Medal at Keperra this morning in very strong winds - butchered the front 9 but came home strong with 4 closing pars to make some amends - a case of what could have been.................91/69 for - 2A new low for the handicap. Nice!

Edit: Oooh, just noticed that you are equal first too. And since you had a strong finish, you're probably first or winning in a different grade to them anyway. Congratulations, Damo!

Courty
6th September 2008, 05:42 PM
Monthly Meh-dal today. I don't think I hit one shot how I wanted to all day. The first nine was a disaster with two triples and a stack of bogies. Somehow I scraped around to my handicap on the second nine. 88/80.

Anyhow, it was all made worthwhile when the manager handed me my prize from last weekend.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/253/img0007fl5.jpg

AndyP
6th September 2008, 05:45 PM
Can you exchange it for Southern Comfort?

damoocow
6th September 2008, 05:52 PM
A new low for the handicap. Nice!

Edit: Oooh, just noticed that you are equal first too. And since you had a strong finish, you're probably first or winning in a different grade to them anyway. Congratulations, Damo!

Thanks Andy BUT,
C Grade winner was on Old Course with 8 under !! - I tied on the West Course with 2 under so was a long way off the winning score ! - Because they used all 3 courses they adjust the scores accordingly [Old is hardest then North then West] - but in saying that I'm positive I left about 6 or 7 shots out there on the 1st nine !...........anyway just happy the handicap is lowering itself..........

Grunt
6th September 2008, 05:57 PM
Nice Work Damoo. Nice handicap drop too, a good/bad thing depending on how you look at it. You dropped but get to play of the same handicap for a game or 2.

Eag's
6th September 2008, 06:02 PM
Damo, don't drop to many shots before the Champs mate ;)

Dazza
7th September 2008, 10:23 AM
Played a quick 9 holes this morning.
Shot 46, with 13 putts.
Quite happy considering the last time I played was July.
Tried the new putter today too. Odyssey White Steel Tri Ball SRT. What a difference that made.
Iron play was a bit of a let-down. Couldn't go wrong with the driver. Hybrids were so-so.
Performed well around & on the green.

jimandr
7th September 2008, 04:05 PM
I am suffering from tennis elbow. I played today to see whether golf could still be a viable option with a bit of pain in my left arm. So, 34 points is better than my expectation before the round, but I'm still a bit disappointed.

Essentially, my arm was sore when gripping and starting the swing, but it was OK once the swing started. It was a bit hard to tell because the ground was quite wet, but I was losing no more than 10 metres distance, if that.

I don't know how I'll back up tomorrow, but at least I can play golf now and again until this mystery ailment disappears.

BrisVegas
7th September 2008, 09:34 PM
Single Stab today off the golds. Course played pretty easy and I hit it nicely, but still couldn't put together a really good score. I had 7 birdie putts inside 10 feet and made none of them.... If only... blah blah blah....

80 gross for 36 points.
10 fairways
11 GIR
35 putts

peter_rs
8th September 2008, 08:24 AM
went back to middle ridge over the weekend.

on a plus played two round with out wrist trouble and the rapture worked ok..... the nickent is watching its back.

the honeymoon peroid is so over with the AP2's. After crap mixed foursome with shazza last week I was interested to see how the AP2's would go. The wind and rain made saturday hard, sunday was a cool but perfect golf day.... Both days the course won. everything (driver,hybrid,wedges putter) is working except the irons.... hooks, tops and when I go make contact the balls are just stalling.... I don't know if 5.5 project X was a good move. Since my wrist was ok on the sunday I swapped to shazza S58 for 14 holes with much better results (control and distance). Both days I hit over 66% of FIR and under 33% of GIR.

Time to hit the range to work a few things out, I could be going back to the tm mb if my wrist issuse is over.

PS crap I have the same hcp as grunt :(.

On another note:They have made a large change at the course the new super has decided to clear under all the trees so now there is a 15cm skirt on most of the pines. Even with the crap golf I was playing the trees became easier

The course was cored two weeks ago and looks to be coming back well.

PeteyD
13th September 2008, 09:57 AM
That would be a significant change on that course.