PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Have you ever broken Par? If yes, how often? And when?

Speirsy11
19th November 2004, 07:03 PM
Hi

Ok, time for a poll......Pretty simple question, have you ever broken par? If you have, where and when was your first under par round?

Thanks for the answers...

Speirsy11

3oneday
19th November 2004, 07:27 PM
3 times, last time was this time last year when I shot 2 under around Windsor. First time when I was 16, at Moree, 1 under (that was a couple of years ago now :wink: ) and about 3 years ago at Fox Hills I shot 1 under.

Once turned 4 under at Moree, but finished over par after going OB and losing the plot altogether. Was also 1 over playing the 7th at Windsor, went birdie, eagle, birdie, turned 3 under, finished 5 over :oops: . Ahhhh the memories :lol: fast becoming distant ones :lol:

Heaps and heaps of par rounds, one over rounds, where the noose has tightened over the last few, hopefully many more to come, sorta, maybe....

Pete

goughy
19th November 2004, 07:39 PM
Closest is 6 shots around nudgee south, but that is like shooting 10 over at least on any other course.

My best competition rounds are two 7 overs.

Never broken par for 9 holes either.

terryand
19th November 2004, 08:48 PM
Yep, once.

1 under nearly a year ago now.

Terry.

Golfgirl
19th November 2004, 09:05 PM
I've only ever broken par on individual holes.... but I am guessing that that is not quite what you want to know... :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me - breaking par is just a beautiful dream....

But I have seen Matt break par more times than I could possibly count.... (but that is probably why he turned pro :roll: )

Actually - one of the funniest things I ever saw was Matt shooting 3 under during a game where we only had 3 clubs and a putter.... after that one, I told him that I was taking away the rest of his clubs as they were obviously not helping him any.... :lol: :wink:

Courty
19th November 2004, 10:32 PM
I've broken par for 9 several times. And a couple of times I have been even after 15 or 16 but can't quite close the deal. Just the other week when I won the MM, I was 1 under around the back nine, but 5 over the front (2 doubles in last 3 holes :x )

markTHEblake
19th November 2004, 11:11 PM
Twas 1982 at Horton Park, best score was 1 over at that stage. The last 4 holes were pretty tough, so it was easy to be under par after 14 but to hold it was another story.

This time I birdied 13, 14, 15 to get to 4 under. The pressure was off, I couldnt screw it up from there. Got excited on the last hole, too agressive with the 10ft birdie putt, and finished only 3 Red. 46 pts that day got me a golf ball, no prize for 2nd place. :-(

McMw
20th November 2004, 01:30 AM
4 times.... 68/69/69 (home course), 71 (away)...

all the same story....couple or so under playing the last 4-5 holes with bogeys thrown in there to throw away a really great score... :roll:

Trung
20th November 2004, 02:45 AM
only once time, but that is 1 more than I ever thought possible :D

AndyP
20th November 2004, 08:17 AM
Nah, have only just broken 80 for the first time this year. Best social round is a +7 (Carbrook). Best comp round is a +8 (McLeod). Both in the same week. :shock:

Can't see me doing it in the forseeable future either.

Seems like something a few of the single cappers can achieve. :oops: :wink:

Iain
20th November 2004, 10:21 AM
Nope, not me.

BrisVegas
21st November 2004, 06:57 AM
Yeah, had -2 at City, -2 at Wynnum and -3 at Oyster Bay in South Carolina.

I had -1 around the front at Brooky, but managed to shoot +7. :evil: Annoying thing is the amateur course record there is -1. And I've parred the back nine a few times.. :roll:

Have been -4 around Gailes through the turn, then managed to shoot 80. :lol:

Jarro
21st November 2004, 02:58 PM
best i've ever done is +6 around Nudgee South, and +7 around Nudgee North :oops:

.. i was pretty happy with those scores though 8)

Flowergirl
21st November 2004, 04:29 PM
Yes - several times. But then I roll over and wake up. :wink:

Jose
21st November 2004, 04:45 PM
56 times since the end of 2000 :)

However this is not as good as it sounds as a majority of these rounds came in social games at my club in NZ where it is only 5800 metres off the whites and 6100 metres of the back.

First broke par when I was 15 playing with my dad. Hes a 36 marker and did not know much about the game but it was still very special for me. My best round came when I won a junior tournament with a 6 under 66 in 1996. Had a 7 under 65 at my home club off the back tees later that year and made the regional squads etc. I stopped the game for a year and have not played to the same level since. I was never gonna be good enough to make a living playing as a few of my old junior foes are doing now but I wish Id put more effort in to see how low I could have got..

Ive only played 15 rounds in Australia and have broken par only twice. Your courses are harder over here generally than NZ I would say.

Best of Golfing

Andrew

Onewood
21st November 2004, 06:01 PM
35/35 =70 8) :P Par 72
I was playing off 11 at the time :shock:
"AND DIDN'T I GET PISSED THAT NIGHT" :D

McMw
21st November 2004, 08:23 PM
must admit...I was thinking abt this thread standing over the putt on the 15th to go 1under....then again on the 17th....

standing over the putt on the 18th, I was just plain thinking abt getting the frigging ball into the hole for a 69.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: