PDA

View Full Version : Head Rattler

McMw
19th November 2004, 04:06 PM
there's something rattling inside a TMR540XD driver head...
probably loose weight or whatever...can any1 confirm?

so is it just a matter of pulling out the shaft, and let whatever it is drop out???
if it was inside the shaft, I would have done it already, but this one is clearly rattling inside the head... :roll:

Jarro
19th November 2004, 04:57 PM
could be some glue has come loose :?

3oneday
19th November 2004, 06:05 PM
Mau, pulling the shaft will achieve naught, as there is a cap or plug at the bottom of the shaft where it meets the inner head (inside the hosel).

Are the weight port things at the back loose, in my first 580XD, this started to slide out ??? apart from that, I think a call or email to TM may be on the cards.

Pete

terryand
19th November 2004, 06:37 PM
Like Jarro said...Most cases of rattles are glue that has squeezed pass the plug, gone hard then come loose over time.

They can be got out but it is a long drawn out process of drilling a smaller size hole (than the shaft size) thru the plug and if it doesn't fall out they proceed to pour white spirits in the head to try to disolve it.

Have fun.

Terry.

macleod
19th November 2004, 10:02 PM
there's something rattling inside a TMR540XD driver head...
probably loose weight or whatever...can any1 confirm?

so is it just a matter of pulling out the shaft, and let whatever it is drop out???
if it was inside the shaft, I would have done it already, but this one is clearly rattling inside the head... :roll:
mau, heat up the head in some hot water, not boiling and let it sit awhile. remove and stand the club up aginst a surface and let it cool down.

tm use rat glue in their heads from memory, so that should let it soften and hopefully catch whatever is rattling.

check out the gea with key word rat or glue, there's been a few threads on this matter in the last few months.

McMw
20th November 2004, 01:28 AM
thanks macca....
I'll give ur option the first try....

first thing is to get the club back from the shop first... :lol:

the weight port is still okay....nothing wrong with that....

the head has been reshafted....if that makes any difference?!?!?

Jarro
23rd November 2004, 02:35 PM
.. so how'd you get on McMw :?:

McMw
23rd November 2004, 03:46 PM
depends on whether the guy who's thinking of buying it can live with it (he's a relatively new player)...
offered him 25 bucks off my asking price...

worst comes to worst, will follow nudgee's advice and drill a hole and pour thinner in...

the heating (macca's advice) method...I've discussed this with the guy who's gonna do it...said it hasn't work for him yet...

we'll see....

:wink:

macleod
23rd November 2004, 03:56 PM
well who knows, this time it might! :D

seriosuly, prowl through GEA in the clubmaking section. they have a lot of good info from those guys like tim Hewitt et al

Jarro
23rd November 2004, 04:40 PM
i'd just take the $25 off the asking price and let the guy who's buying it sort it out :wink: