PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 25th August 2008

BrisWesty
30th August 2008, 11:44 AM
Didn't expect to be first poster on the 30th!

Stableford at Caboolture. Started off mediocre with a 2 and 2 x 1 points, but then almost had a hole in one on the 4th, and continued on well from there.

Ended up with 41 points, and the NTP was still standing (but is unlikely to remain) when I left.

78/65 off the stick. My lowest ever.

A week too early for the matchplay!

Eag's
30th August 2008, 12:16 PM
Nice shooting Westy :smt023

haysey
30th August 2008, 12:42 PM
Individual stroke at Cairns this morning.

83 nett 73 was not a bad result given the bogey, triple bogey, double bogey start to be 6 over after 3 holes:roll:

Bruce
30th August 2008, 07:07 PM
Stab at Brighton.

Driver was all over the shop for the front 9 but it has to stay in the bag for the back (no choice on that joke of a course)

33 points.

Starting to feel like the updated swing is clicking into place.

Courty
30th August 2008, 08:02 PM
Today I suffered through the lingering effects of the flu that floored me for 3 days this week. I felt fine energy-wise but my head was fuzzy and I had trouble concentrating. Consequently I hit the long ball just fine, but had nothing once inside 100m. It was a stroke event with bulk prizes (down to 5th place for each grade :shock:) and I was good enough on the day to take out the Long Drive for a bottle of Black Douglas 8). For those who know the course, I was 5m short of the hundred marker on the 10th (into a ripping headwind). FWIW, I missed the green and walked off with a bogey. :roll: That was the story of my day. I got on the bogey train and made one 'other' after dunking 2 pills on the par 3 11th. Final score was 91/ 83.

oz
31st August 2008, 09:19 AM
Another poor finish. Dropped 5 shots in the last 4 holes to finish with 35 points at Albury.

Grunt
31st August 2008, 09:39 AM
Played crap all week enough said!

JustSneaky
31st August 2008, 09:56 AM
PB on for the new home track,timed perfect for the match play .Phew 1up

73 off the bat,
40 points

with a choke on a 2.5 foot putt

yew!!

AndyP
31st August 2008, 03:05 PM
31/08/2008, City Pro-Am.

19 points.

Picked up when I could still score points. Couldn't be bothered preparing properly for some shots. Besides a nice little patch in the middle, it was ordinary.
I just don't care any more.

Next round: Meh.

goughy
31st August 2008, 03:16 PM
Played the pro am today. 2 drives into fairway bunkers resulted in one par (with a greenside bunker) and a bogey. Blasted 2 drives to within 50mtrs of the 13th and 1st holes to go bogey/double bogey on them! I'm aiming for the bunkers from now!!!

Jarro
31st August 2008, 04:53 PM
Picked up when I could still score points.

Why ?? :?

AndyP
31st August 2008, 05:25 PM
Because I didn't care.

It's the first round that I can think of, where at times I just didn't try.

Courty
31st August 2008, 07:38 PM
I played a qualifying event at Paradise Palms with my dad today as an early fathers day gift. We got paired with 2 women off 45 h'cap and there began the downward spiral. PP is not a course a beginner should be attempting, especially in a stroke event :roll:. In excess of 5 hours later, I finally signed for a 89/81. It actually felt worse than that, but my head was in all sorts of places where it shouldn't be after having to endure double digit scores on most holes :evil:.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not begrudging the women from playing golf, but they should have at least been put in a group at the back of the field.

BrisWesty
31st August 2008, 08:18 PM
Update - won B-Grade by a shot but lost the NTP.

Hcp down from 13.4 to 12.5.

AndyP
31st August 2008, 08:30 PM
Nice work, Westy.

You signature needs an update.....

jaybam
31st August 2008, 09:08 PM
Good work Westy nice shooting :)

Flowergirl
1st September 2008, 05:27 PM
I played a qualifying event at Paradise Palms with my dad today as an early fathers day gift. We got paired with 2 women off 45 h'cap and there began the downward spiral. PP is not a course a beginner should be attempting, especially in a stroke event :roll:. In excess of 5 hours later, I finally signed for a 89/81. It actually felt worse than that, but my head was in all sorts of places where it shouldn't be after having to endure double digit scores on most holes :evil:.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not begrudging the women from playing golf, but they should have at least been put in a group at the back of the field.

Welcome to my world Courty.:smt108 I frequently have to play golf with women off 45 who can't even play to 45!! It is very hard to keep your focus when your playing partners are having 10+ strokes per hole.Even when it is a stroke event they should be made to play stableford. And you have every right to begrudge playing with them. Very poor on whoever did the draw.

Well played Westy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rark!!!!!!!!!!