Venue: Oatlands GC

Time: 9:30am

Date: Friday 5th September

Grunt 39 points
Mikezone13 34 Points
Grunt Won Matchplay 4&2

Grunt
31st August 2008, 08:41 AM
This game may happen this Friday @ Oatlands GC. Going to ring up this morning to see what times are available. Hoping for around 8:30 - 9am tee off.

Grunt
31st August 2008, 09:05 AM
Game On!!

Booked for 9:30am tee off.

Quick look at the current Handicap differences and Mike gives me 7 shots. Will it be enough for me? I hope so.

mikezone13
31st August 2008, 06:45 PM
Sweet... will let you know tomorrow if there are any dramas with this, but I assume it'll be all fine work wise for me to make it.

Scottt
31st August 2008, 07:05 PM
Mike, I'd recommend getting Virge to come. He'll give Grunt some tips on the third hole and it'll be game over :lol:

jimandr
31st August 2008, 08:17 PM
My advice to both players is to never give up, and never concede a hole, no matter what the score. Mike is never certain to turn likely pars into actual pars, and Grunt can easily hit three bad ones, then knock it next to the flag from 200m. But if he's on the green in reg, there are no automatic pars when Grunt is putting.

Should be an interesting game. I wish I could make it just to watch.

Grunt
1st September 2008, 10:46 AM
Mike, I'd recommend getting Virge to come. He'll give Grunt some tips on the third hole and it'll be game over :lol:

We shall see Scottt.

My advice to both players is to never give up, and never concede a hole, no matter what the score. Mike is never certain to turn likely pars into actual pars, and Grunt can easily hit three bad ones, then knock it next to the flag from 200m. But if he's on the green in reg, there are no automatic pars when Grunt is putting.

Should be an interesting game. I wish I could make it just to watch.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jim, actually think my putting lately has been pretty sound. I just have to get closer for the first putt. 30-40 foot first putts make 3 putts sometimes easy.

3oneday
1st September 2008, 12:52 PM
I think Grunt is pumped... good luck against Jim 8)

;)

mikezone13
1st September 2008, 08:05 PM
Grunt should be pumped my 30 points around Cumberland on Sunday wasn't the greatest, but at least it didn't have any holes with double chips, first in a long time.

If the weather is cold grunt is odds on to win this as I have the circulation of a 90 year old at the moment and a golf game to match :D

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 08:57 AM
Weather does not look too good for you then Mike,

Showers and a top temp of 18

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 09:55 AM
Also if any others are keen 2 spots still open, I have to ring the club tomorrow afternoon to confirm/change the booking.

Scottt
2nd September 2008, 10:03 AM
Can anyone spell pumped up?! Grunt deadset will not sleep between now and Friday :lol:

mikezone13
2nd September 2008, 11:55 AM
Weather does not look too good for you then Mike,

Showers and a top temp of 18

Crap... :(

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 04:31 PM
Crap... :(

Don't worry Mike Weathermen are almost as bad as the Media and get it wrong all the time. It could be Fine on Friday and they wil still predict chance of showers.

Scottt
2nd September 2008, 05:30 PM
You make sure you can get all the tray tables to work before you start hanging shit on the media :lol:

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 05:34 PM
I am not involved in that area Scottt, work on the slightly more important stuff to passenger safety like engines, Flight Controls & other aircraft flight systems!

Scottt
2nd September 2008, 05:46 PM
I am not involved in that area Scottt, work on the slightly more important stuff to passenger safety like engines, Flight Controls & other aircraft flight systems!

The bits that explode and emit "contrails" mid-flight?

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah yeah, contrails are a normal flight phenomenon, you will see them every day if you look up.

PeteyD
2nd September 2008, 06:07 PM
Sure it is just a big con. ;)

Scottt
2nd September 2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, they pop in a bit of extra hydraulic fluid just to make a pretty pattern in the sky!

Damn media reporting on things that happen :lol:

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 06:24 PM
Yes it was a hydraulic leak but the view from the sky was not the fluid leak

Good Threadjack by the way, you are indeed the OzGolf leading threadjacker.

Scottt
2nd September 2008, 06:37 PM
Why the hostility, Grunt?

I simply went with your "the weatherman is always wrong, like the media" line.

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 06:45 PM
no hostility. Just trying to get the thread back on track, it is about a golf game not QANTAS planes.

Scottt
2nd September 2008, 06:53 PM
Will the lack of sleep this week affect your ability to "bring it" on Friday, Grunt? You've had a pretty solid last few months on the course...

Grunt
2nd September 2008, 07:27 PM
Got the rest of the week to sleep in. No more work this week;)

Scottt
2nd September 2008, 09:25 PM
... and the teachers are back on the job.

Grunt
3rd September 2008, 02:08 PM
Last call for those who want to join Mike & I. I'm ringing up at 4pm to finalise the booking.

Grunt
4th September 2008, 07:07 AM
Ok Mike, the weather is not going to wash this game out is it?
Possible showers turning to rains periods in the late afternoon is the forecast. Game should be over by the time the showers turn to rain.

Has this place gone soft hardly any sledging on here nowadays? or are we getting politically correct?

Scottt
4th September 2008, 08:14 AM
Hey Grant, you're shit.

Better? :p

Grunt
4th September 2008, 08:25 AM
nah that is lame, thought there would be some score predictions.
Say Mike by 5 or something

Dotty
4th September 2008, 08:27 AM
I thought the reason for playing at Oatlands on Fridays, is you can still make the 3pm weekend detention roll-call at the gaol down the road.

Also explains your skill with aerosol paint on the TM driver.

Scottt
4th September 2008, 08:29 AM
I have never played with Mike, so I'm flying blind.

But having played with you and heard about your other rounds here, my prediction is this:

If you lead after 4 holes, you will win, if you don't you won't. So if it's raining, just play four holes and call it a game. Kinda like a British Open playoff.

I fear today's lesson could be the undoing of you, Grunt.

Grunt
4th September 2008, 08:31 AM
Better

mikezone13
4th September 2008, 08:55 AM
Mike 3&2 :D

Scottt
4th September 2008, 09:18 AM
where will Grunt get his shots?

When I was playing A reserve pennant and had to give shots, I always got excited when most of them came on the back nine, gave me a good chance to nick the bloke in the head before he got to use them.

3oneday
4th September 2008, 09:25 AM
Ooooh, I'm getting excited.

PeteyD
4th September 2008, 09:28 AM
Is there a new banner in the offing?

Scottt
4th September 2008, 09:32 AM
Could be, Pete:

<pic of Mike pumping fist> I smashed Grunt, he played like a c**t <pic of Grunt snapping his putter>

Grunt
4th September 2008, 09:42 AM
where will Grunt get his shots?
Holes 4, 6, 8, 10 , 12, 14 & 16 are where I get my shots.

Trung
4th September 2008, 11:33 AM
Rain & Windy tomorrow...

3oneday
4th September 2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks Lennox !

Should be good for some sun then ! :lol:

mikezone13
4th September 2008, 12:54 PM
Holes 4, 6, 8, 10 , 12, 14 & 16 are where I get my shots.

I assume that's the matchplay index grunt, if not it's a pretty good spread - hope you get to use more than 5 of them ;)

Grunt
5th September 2008, 06:05 AM
I was just going off the standard matchplay index, it may be different.

Looks as if we are going to get a little damp too.

See you there Mike.

Scottt
5th September 2008, 08:38 AM
The most slamming f**king dump of rain I have seen for a year or more just belted its way through Blacktown. I hope it is headed toward North Parramatta!!

sms316
5th September 2008, 09:10 AM
The most slamming f**king dump of rain I have seen for a year or more just belted its way through Blacktown. I hope it is headed toward North Parramatta!!

It is. Going in the direction of the arrow.
:mrgreen:

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/161/sydsc9.png

burger
5th September 2008, 09:44 AM
The BOM Defence 64km radar images show some bigass rain dumps :shock: going pretty much right over Nth Parramatta :smt087 :roll:.
I'm glad I am inside at work! well sort of working . . . 8-)

3oneday
5th September 2008, 12:38 PM
Yes, played the pro am at Dunheved, hit off at 7.30 and it was calmish until about the 8th, didn't stop and got light once or twice :lol:

Back there again tomorrow, hope it ****in stops soon !

Scottt
5th September 2008, 12:59 PM
who progresses to the final if they have both drowned?

Grunt
5th September 2008, 01:57 PM
Just got home and have to say yes we did get dumped on. It pissed down for a run of 5 holes that I think may have given the result.

Result

Grunt wins 4 & 2

Will try and post a quick review later, got to dry off and get all the wet gear sorted out

sms316
5th September 2008, 01:58 PM
So it is true - Grunt does his best work in the slop.

Well done.

Grunt
5th September 2008, 01:59 PM
Shot 39 points for the Stableford comp too.

Jarro
5th September 2008, 02:14 PM
Nice win Grunt

sms316
5th September 2008, 02:19 PM
Does this mean Mike got sloppy seconds?

Grunt
5th September 2008, 02:42 PM
Well Where do I start? We certainly got dumpped on with the rain during the game.

Mike started off well birdieing the 1st, he was striking irons purely to be 1 under off the stick for the 1st 5 holes. His only problem was I was playing pretty well too. He was only 1 up ;)

I then got a good run of Birdie, Par, Par. All of a sudden I was 2 up.

On the 11th Tee I was 3 up and had a shot, could not convert and Mike won the next 2. I was back to 1 up on the 13th Tee. Mike mistook it for the 14th and attacked his 1st putt as if it had to drop to halve the hole, it missed and gave me a chance to win it. I knocked it in and got another win. I went on to win the 14th to go 3 up on the 15th Tee. We halved the 15th and I was 3 up with 3 to play. The 16th was another hole that I got a shot on and Mike knew it would take a birdie to keep the game going. I got a good shot away and was beside the green in 2. Mike went long and was in the back bunker. He got out and had a 12 foot putt. I chipped on and 2 putted for a 5. Mike missed the Par save and that was it. I won 4 & 2.

Scottt
5th September 2008, 02:56 PM
Nice work Grunt. You had some good scores lately...

Grunt
5th September 2008, 02:58 PM
Forgot to add the course has some renos happening and greens were sanded. It was tee up thru the green. Holes 4 & 12 were out of play with 2 spare holes in play. Sanded greens were not to bad at all. Teeing up was a little bit of a hassle but both Mike and myself were just pushing the tee right down as if it was not there.

Scottt
5th September 2008, 03:03 PM
I f**king hate tee up through the green!

Grunt
5th September 2008, 03:10 PM
was that wet it actually stopped casual water being to big a problem.

Grunt
5th September 2008, 05:13 PM
Woo Hoo won the Day in a HUGE field,4 players.
A win is a win, Mike got 2nd with 34

Pinglauncher
5th September 2008, 05:31 PM
Well done Grant :smt038

Must be time for a new set of sticks :wink:

mikezone13
5th September 2008, 05:32 PM
Woo Hoo won the Day in a HUGE field,4 players.
A win is a win, Mike got 2nd with 34

There you go, my maths was crap, was sure I had 34 but added the card up as 32 in the rain.

As grant said it was fun but WET day.

Here's my call on the day..

1st hole: I win it with a bird
2nd hole: We both miss short par putts for a half
3rd hole: Halved in pars
4th hole: Being renovated
5th hole: The turning point came when I backed my 9 iron up to about 8 feet from the hole and grant hit the tree next to the green and rebounded on to the green and grant drained his putt for a 2, I missed
6th hole: Grant gets a shot but I birdie this one as well to win it
Next hole I can remember me parring it - yet another iron inside 12 feet

SO after 6 holes played I've missed all of 1 green and am 1 under off the stick, but only 1 up, I then 3 putt the next (miss from 2-3 feet) for bogey to lose to grant's up and down par.. grrr, then the rain starts to bucket down and a hole I should definitely win as I'm sitting 2 100m from the pin and grant is lying 4 40m from the flag (with a shot) but my wedge shot plugs in the downslope of the bunker and it takes me 2 to get out so we both score 7's, another silly 3 putt for a bogey and a loss on the next and I'm in serious trouble - the downpour destroyed me.

Overall I had the chance to get ahead early with some great ball striking, but grant kept pace and didn't let me get ahead, from there I got it back to 1 down later in the round but his shots got him home as did a very very solid short game and some silly greens missed with under clubbed wedges (probably the tee up) by me.

Well played grant, good luck in the final!

Grunt
5th September 2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the game Mike, not sure as we both added it as 32 but thought it was 34. I was going to forget my birdie off the tree, for all the luck off the tree the putt deserved a 2.

mikezone13
5th September 2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the game Mike, not sure as we both added it as 32 but thought it was 34. I was going to forget my birdie off the tree, for all the luck off the tree the putt deserved a 2.

I think I added it up as 17 on the front when it was actually 19 on the front, was definitely 15 on the back as I only hit 2 or 3 GIR then and as you see in the what did you shoot thread' my putting never recovered after the downpour.

Grunt
5th September 2008, 06:21 PM
Wonder how we went in the 2BBB, could be ok seeing as the other 2 did not score that well;)