PDA

View Full Version : Champs Roadtrip

Grunt
25th August 2008, 08:46 PM
Just wondering if any of the fellow NSWelshmen going to the champs would like to have a little road trip on the way up and back from the champs?

Am thinking of doing something like I did before the Bribie Is Champs of 2006. That year I did a few games in Coffs before driving the rest of the way up.

This year I was looking at something similar with an itinerary as follows

Tentative Itinerary

Tuesday, Leave Sydney drive to Tamworth
Wednesday, Play Tamworth drive up to Tenterfield
Thursday, Play Tenterfield then drive to GC Stay at Mother in laws.
Friday, State of Origin Game Cool/Tweed
Sat Champs
Sun Champs
Sunday night Stay at MIL
Monday, Game @ Gold Coast Burliegh GC
Tuesday head back home, possibly stop off somewhere for the nightAnyone Interested?
Accom at MIL's should be kool have already placed the feelers out, Bruce can back me that she is not that bad in the MIL stakes.

Fuel is not an issue as it is covered in the car lease so long as it is below $1.50/L.

Grunt
27th August 2008, 08:11 PM
Guess I am on my lonesome for this, no worries.

Hey Coffs, reckon you would be in for a game at Nambucca Heads on the Thursday?

Grunt
27th August 2008, 09:51 PM
Just had another idea, and go play some of the courses in the New England, and play Tamworth & Tenterfield. I remember DC recommending Tenterfield last time I had a golf road trip on the way to the champs.

sms316
28th August 2008, 07:52 AM
A mate of mine is the pro at Tallwoods if that interests you.

moree golfer
28th August 2008, 11:03 AM
Grunt, more than welcome to extend to the hospitality in Moree if you decide to head this far west. Great course and in fantastic nick despite having had no rain for the last 2 mths. Course is watered by treated effluent so don't lick your balls LOL!!

PeteyD
28th August 2008, 11:06 AM
so don't lick your balls LOL!!

Unless you can I guess ;)

Grunt
28th August 2008, 02:05 PM
Grunt, more than welcome to extend to the hospitality in Moree if you decide to head this far west. Great course and in fantastic nick despite having had no rain for the last 2 mths. Course is watered by treated effluent so don't lick your balls LOL!!

How far offline would Moree be? a fair bit I think.

jaybam
28th August 2008, 06:46 PM
Tenterfield is a great place to playgolf. Accomodation on the course as well. Tight little bastard of a track though very enjoyable. Except in winter :)

Grunt
28th August 2008, 06:47 PM
Starting to lean to the Tenterfield game now, only a 4 hour drive to the GC to stay at the MIL's

jaybam
28th August 2008, 06:49 PM
4 hours my ass no where near it.

Scottt
29th August 2008, 07:02 AM
Starting to lean to the Tenterfield game now, only a 4 hour drive to the GC to stay at the MIL's

I thought I saw an F at the end of that last acronym and started to get very nervous...

Sydney Hacker
29th August 2008, 07:58 AM
4 hours my ass no where near it.

If it takes him 4 hours he must of been going in reverse.... or riding that contraption in your avatar !