PDA

View Full Version : Review - R7 TP 9.5 with ACCRA SC65 M5

andylo
18th November 2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah yeah... its me :wink:

R7 TP 9.5 with ACCRA SC65 M5 shaft - 45" long CPMs at 262 = stiff

Made appointment with nudgee to pick up the club at 7pm.... but bloody hell I was waiting since 6:30 : :oops: Lucky enough he arrived at around quater to so I don't have to wait so long :D Then I drive MAX SPEED to TeeTime, show off to KelvinC (which makes his mouth as big as a pot), hold my temptation for 10 mins to warm up, and it's SMACK TIME!!!

When I take the headcover off the club all I can say is it's almost brand new!! Gezz nudgee, how can you sell the club so quickly?!?!

This is my 1st TM driver. And quite sure it will stay in the bag for quite a while. I have tried enough driver and I can tell you this is the club gives me the MOST confident. (pre-condition is I need to understand my swing, strength and weakness...) It's a club that need some serious study (and I did enough) I believe the original design is allow the golfer who understand his swing, and you setup the club to either improve your ball flight, or emphasis your strength. Recently I hit lots of week->mid fade so I set the weight on heavy draw basis (10-10-2-2 from heel to toe)

Look: Nothing I can say really. Another TM driver look. Don't misunderstand me, I LOVE the look... but I love the look of all TM driver anyway.

Address:Finally!! Square face!!! Man, I really really wanted a square face driver for so so long. It's a andylo thing, anything with offset, closed face, open face, I just cannot address it. With sqaured face my confident increase another 20% I know the first blow going to be STRAIGHT!! :twisted:

Shaft: This part worried my a little. VERY VERY beautiful shaft but I was a little worry it will be too stiff for me... and in fact, I was wrong. I think I can handle this one ok... see below for details.

First Blow: Take a few practise swing, setup, up, down and through. Man I really belt it.... and $%^&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ball goes SO STRAIGHT, carried around 190-200 meters. It was a bit dark so I can't see how it rolls. But who cares!! Why? The feed back after the impact is the real deal, man, it's SO solid.... it's solid enough that I will never forget. Very very very beautiful feed back. And under 20 pairs of odd looking face, I kissed the club. :oops:

I didn't fiddle around the setting at all, I just leave it like that all that long. Apart from 8% of duck hook and about 5% of push (but still straight) All the shots goes reasonablely straight!! After I finish 1/2 the bucket I even start drawing my drive very consistently!! WOW!! :D

The shaft is solid but it's not stiff and dud like the Blues, and the feed back is very rich. I think those USD$300 shaft do mean something, not just expensive for nothing. Even 45" it feel so easy to control and I think even it's 47" I still able to control it well enough. Very very nice shaft.

Of course as a suckie golfer I have enough amount of miss hit but I suspect the sweetspot must occured 90% of face!! It still goes reasonablely straight!!! But it does sounds so different thu!!

If I hit the sweetspot it gives me a solid but not loud sounds... a little like the Nike T40 kind of sound. But if I miss hitted it will sounds like a 580XD hits the sweetspot, louder and more tinny.

After a while I feel so exhausted (belted 80-90 drives... you know). So I start swing a lot slower and try to get the sweetspot everytime. Even I swing slower the ball still flys quite high, goes very far and STRAIGHT! Why the hell I belt it so hard at the beginning!! :smt017

One thing thu, it's so easy to hit a straight, high with the R7 TP but there's a obviously distance loss on carry!! About 10-20 meters shorts compare the best drive between the R7TP and SMT Spectrum. As I said I dunno how well it rolls compare to SMT but as long as I hit more fairway, who cares!!!

Conclusion, I love this driver, I love this driver, I LOVE THIS DRIVER!!! Now it's officially in my bag and knocked the SMT Spectrum out. (KelvinC is the new owner) Kee probably never feel so urge to meet me ever :D If I don't have a deadline to meet tomorrow I will be in the course WHOLE DAY!! Sigh... but if I don't work nothing will support my HOing.

Good thing thu, I don't need to look into ebay as frequent now. R7 TP is always my dream club since announce it's release and I think I really pick up a very good bargain from nudgee (Thanks nudgee) Hopfully you guys will see my handicap start dropping :D

markTHEblake
18th November 2004, 12:23 AM
After a while I feel so exhausted (belted 80-90 drives... you know).

80-90, I get tired after 10!

Did you do the grunt thing with each drive?

McMw
18th November 2004, 12:48 AM
good to hear u're liking the R7 A-Lo....

just don't go crazy with the weight cartridge... :wink:

Jarro
18th November 2004, 04:45 AM
nice buy A-Lo 8)

gazgolf1
18th November 2004, 06:01 AM
I think you need to change your screen name to AndyHO. :wink:

Eag's
18th November 2004, 06:14 AM
Top report andylo 8)
Good to hear you have found a driver that gives you confidence, it makes a huge difference mate, trust me :wink:

amanda
18th November 2004, 08:05 AM
Andy - I don't know how you go through life with such enthusiasm - after reading your report I feel tired :lol: :wink:

AndyP
18th November 2004, 08:26 AM
That's one happy R7 buyer from yesterday, that has owned up and reported.

Just waiting on a report from the buyer of Gaz's R7. :-k

Trung
18th November 2004, 08:37 AM
AndyLo :shock: , what the? you bought? :shock:

Enjoy it mate, keep them straight. :wink:

BrisVegas
18th November 2004, 08:54 AM
Andy - I don't know how you go through life with such enthusiasm - after reading your report I feel tired :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: Me too. Crikey, I could almost feel the energy radiating from Andy-Ho as I was reading that.

Well done buddy. Stick with it. You got a great club there! 8)

nudgee
18th November 2004, 08:58 AM
Andy,

I am glad you like it and I hope it performs great for you out on the course.

I have never ever seen anyone so excited buying a club -as soon as I turned up at the driving range carpark I was almost jumped on by Andy :wink: .

Andy was so excited that he even missed the fact that he parked in a handicap park!!

I didnt know you were going to take it for a bash straight away - Ibet you exceeded the speed limit on your way to the other driving range.

Anyway mate all I can say is slow down your swing and enjoy the club.

J

andylo
18th November 2004, 09:08 AM
Morning all,

Sorry Mandy, wish my report didn't bored you :oops: :wink: :lol:

Andy was so excited that he even missed the fact that he parked in a handicap park!!

:oops: This is the very first time in my entire life, I always against ppl who are not disable park on those spot... I still feel a bit shame about it :oops:

I didnt know you were going to take it for a bash straight away - Ibet you exceeded the speed limit on your way to the other driving range.

Top speed was doing 140KM so I turn off the air-cond and it goes another 10KM until I hit the breaks. The "lap time" is 3mins somthing, I think I break the record of Toyota Echo 1.3's limited :lol:

Thanks Eag, I just realise I had a few spelling mistake but well... :lol:

Thanks too BrisVages, for the encourgment :D

gazgolf1
18th November 2004, 09:10 AM
That's one happy R7 buyer from yesterday, that has owned up and reported.

It was a guy off ISG,seems like a nice bloke..smeagol something.

AndyP
18th November 2004, 09:24 AM
It was a guy off ISG,seems like a nice bloke..smeagol something.[/quote] Well that's no fun. :(

This is the very first time in my entire life, I always against ppl who are not disable park on those spot... I still feel a bit shame about it
No need to feel shamed, you were excited and confused, and probably just saw your name in the handicap space. :roll:

Kee
18th November 2004, 09:28 AM
Nice buy Andy. Had a good chuckle when I read you email at work yesterday informing me you bought the club. Wish I could have made it to the range last night. Would have been good fun to see your reaction (or other peoples reaction) when you first hit it :D .

davidp
18th November 2004, 02:15 PM
Nice work A-Lo. I love reading of people's barely contained joy of trying out a new club. That is a great buy. That shaft is about $US 400 worth of long bombs. :shock:

I was going to go to Tee Time last night. (I'm about 2 mins. away) Look forward to seeing you stripe it down the middle soon. :lol:

KelvinC
19th November 2004, 02:28 AM
Andy, it has to be a steal for that price, I tried it............. and love it..... my only problem will be ...............I don't have that much $$ to buy a driver........

Jono
20th November 2004, 05:10 PM
Great buy, Andy! R7 TP for that price is unbelievable.

PS: I'm sticking with my Spectrum through thick and thin ... :wink:

davidp
23rd November 2004, 10:08 PM
Having hit Andy's driver tonight, I've got to say that's one sweet stick. Pity about the skymark I put it in though... :P

andylo
23rd November 2004, 10:13 PM
And Dave's agreed to buy it off me for $1200 :lol: