PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new moderator. Shazza for the job !!

Pages : [1] 2

jaybam
13th August 2008, 06:47 PM
Think there could be some interest in bringing in a new mod that might have some fresh idea and comments rather than smart ass comments. Whats your views??? I vote Shazza RS for the job. Think that would be great and also cut down my computer time heaps by not reading the same old jokes from the same old brainless idiots. Just a vent after a long day at work but it seems there is people more interested in stirring the pot and making trouble than being constructive. :)

Maybe a poll for Shazza to get the job :)

3oneday
13th August 2008, 06:49 PM
It's a fun forum, don't take yourself so seriously.

Jarro
13th August 2008, 06:50 PM
She wouldn't handle the pay cut

peter_rs
13th August 2008, 06:51 PM
second the motion.

Its only a fun forum without all the crap.

Jarro she is a government worker its fine.

great idea J.

Jarro
13th August 2008, 07:01 PM
So is the motion to have her join the "team" as it stands, or is this a push to unseat the establishment ?

AndyP
13th August 2008, 07:07 PM
Oh dear!

Jarro
13th August 2008, 07:08 PM
yes darling

peter_rs
13th August 2008, 07:09 PM
Join the the team I guess. It needs a larger female view.

Unless the team is open and welcome to review.... but thats a whole can of worms.

PeteyD
13th August 2008, 07:11 PM
Join the the team I guess. It needs a larger female view.

Unless the team is open and welcome to review.... but thats a whole can of worms.

This could be the error of the century!

sms316
13th August 2008, 07:11 PM
Should this be seen as dissatisfaction with the current mods?

:?

AndyP
13th August 2008, 07:16 PM
I find it amazing how much people take as a personal insult on this forum.

Should I report this thread because there is obviously some issue against me? :roll:
BTW read the rules, I'd say this thread is against them, but since it hasn't been reported who cares. ;)

Bring it!

PeteyD
13th August 2008, 07:21 PM
Shaddup P, no one asked what you think! :D

henno
13th August 2008, 07:22 PM
I vote Jack.

peter_rs
13th August 2008, 07:22 PM
nice complex AP... was anyone named

you can report it AP because you may follow up on your own report and do something. :)

markTHEblake
13th August 2008, 07:26 PM
If someone wants to be a moderator they can volunteer, not volunteered. There is couple of people whom I would think be really good moderators* though they haven't put their hand up as far as I know.

*because they are the least likely to need to be self moderated, which is pretty rare around here! :-)

AndyP
13th August 2008, 07:32 PM
nice complex AP... was anyone namedSure. How many moderators do we have? How many are prone to "smart-ass" or "non-constructive" comments? I rule out clikchic, goughy and jarro. Which leaves........ I was good at math.

you can report it AP because you may follow up on your own report and do something. :)
Nope. If I report something, I let the others act. Similarly, I don't moderate my own posts if reported. How could I be neutral in these cases?

Courty
13th August 2008, 07:33 PM
I'd like to hear Shazza's opinion. Does she even want the job?

peter_rs
13th August 2008, 07:34 PM
from a recent thread

By all means volunteer to take over moderation/admin.

Bring it on!... I'd gladly become a moderator.....

PeteyD
13th August 2008, 07:35 PM
Doubt it, who would want to have to read everything you wankers write?

Peter
13th August 2008, 08:47 PM
Is this so shazza_rs can stick up for peter_rs when big bad AndyP starts picking on him again?

:roll:

just
13th August 2008, 08:47 PM
How about you self moderate JB. Read the stuff you do like, don't read the stuff you don't like, and if you feel strongly enough say something. Why fix something that isn't broken?

shazza_rs
13th August 2008, 08:53 PM
Is this so shazza_rs can stick up for peter_rs when big bad AndyP starts picking on him again?

:roll:

If you have a read of most of the threads mate i don't actually follow my partner around in his threads. In fact i tend to stay away so i don't get told off for sticking up for him.

peter_rs
13th August 2008, 09:00 PM
Peter you should of been around long enough to know that sharon is her own person and anyone who knows us will testify to that. I have no control over her ;)

She is more likely to tell me off than stick up for me and tell me to pull my head in if i'm wrong.

just
13th August 2008, 09:01 PM
I disagree wholeheartedly.
Its as boring as batshit without wankerisms and crap.

Besides its what my whole persona is built around.
You have a persona? Effete wanker!;):lol:

poidda
13th August 2008, 09:03 PM
Worst thread ever.

just
13th August 2008, 09:04 PM
Worst thread ever.
X2

3oneday
13th August 2008, 09:09 PM
Lock it up... or run the damned poll and see who gives a damn.

henno
13th August 2008, 09:10 PM
Worst bread ever.

http://i.imgur.com/Sin5s.jpg

jaybam
13th August 2008, 09:11 PM
Henno what the hell where you doing in my fridge with a camera???

Fishman Dan
13th August 2008, 09:13 PM
I vote Jarro.

henno
13th August 2008, 09:13 PM
Henno what the hell where you doing in my fridge with a camera???

I heard you come home, so I hid in the fridge.

P.S. Would it be too much to ask to stock a few Coopers Pale Ales in here from now on?

jaybam
13th August 2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry mate but recovering alcoholics arent allowed to have beer in the fridge. They might be tempted :( Stupid rules

3oneday
13th August 2008, 09:25 PM
So anyway, what will a new mod do that the 4 we have don't ? Cut out the bullshit off topic stuff, like the last post ? :p

Waste of time, if it's that important, maybe it's become too important ?

jaybam
13th August 2008, 09:29 PM
Dont llike it self moderate and dont come in here and read it :) Maybe personal attacks over and over again are what you enjoy reading.

jaybam
13th August 2008, 09:32 PM
Or maybe personal attacks over and over again are all some people are happy to post either way a few people need to move on. And if all they can add is the same old stuff over and over again maybe they should be back in kindergarden where repeating your self is whats taught :)

Fishman Dan
13th August 2008, 09:39 PM
http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Thread-Crap-Worst_Ever.jpg

3oneday
13th August 2008, 10:01 PM
Maybe personal attacks over and over again are what you enjoy reading.there is a thread tool called Ignore Thread ?

Seriously, if you think it's personal then report it, if it's crap, ignore it. I have countless threads in my ignore list. It really aint that ****ing hard.

I don't see issue with the current mods, it appears that there are only three of you that do ? So, complain by PM to Goughy....

On ignore now ;)

AndyP
13th August 2008, 10:14 PM
Best thread ever. It encapsulates what this forum is all about. Narkiness. Why should mods/admins be exempt?

Fishman Dan
13th August 2008, 10:47 PM
I nominate Neville Wrnty.

peter_rs
14th August 2008, 07:36 AM
Why should I have to ingore a thread I create or have interest in?

For the record if it needs to be said I had a valid issuse with a sale and I do take issuse with all the crap jokes an fake user being created I see them as personal attacks. I am still waiting for admin to act or at least reply to pm's.

SO DROP THEM:smt013

peter_rs
14th August 2008, 07:43 AM
Ps I don't care if shazza does not become a mod but I feel for the size of the site we may need another. If Admin themself thinks the site has gone to shit then there should be a change.

well - its official - this site has turned to SHITE
It happened many months ago. You must have missed it.

addamsmith
14th August 2008, 07:54 AM
I think ozgolf needs another mod only because it is getting bigger and More Mods means more control of trouble Makers.
I am a Mod on Golfwrs and I know how hard it can be, I think Jarro is doing a great job but with help it would only make this site a better site.
Also
I think the Admin team get much to involved in arguments, this should be dealt with by mods. I think you need as many mods at least as Admins.
Just my 2 cents
Addam

peter_rs
14th August 2008, 07:57 AM
and make the work less for the other mods & admin.

AndyP
14th August 2008, 08:09 AM
Why should I have to ingore a thread I create or have interest in?

For the record if it needs to be said I had a valid issuse with a sale and I do take issuse with all the crap jokes an fake user being created I see them as personal attacks. I am still waiting for admin to act or at least reply to pm's.I'm sure your complaints were noted, but not acted upon for a reason.
So you think that each time someone types "NWRTNY" it is a personal attack? I think it's unreasonable to think that moderators can protect you from the big bad world.

Ps I don't care if shazza does not become a mod but I feel for the size of the site we may need another. If Admin themself thinks the site has gone to shit then there should be a change.The size of the site or time is not an issue. It's been said before that the forum is self-moderated, and shouldn't have to rely on moderators to read every thread or assess when people may or may not be offended. If there's a problem, report it. Besides the well known topics from a couple of weeks, there has been practically no reports. So why would we think there is a problem?

addamsmith
14th August 2008, 08:25 AM
The size of the site or time is not an issue. It's been said before that the forum is self-moderated, and shouldn't have to rely on moderators to read every thread or assess when people may or may not be offended. If there's a problem, report it. Besides the well known topics from a couple of weeks, there has been practically no reports. So why would we think there is a problem?

Hi Andy
I myself do not think there is any major issues here at all, but I think you should add a mod or 2 so it gives them time to train for the Future, This site will only get bigger and it will give the new mod or mods time to train into the Job.

poidda
14th August 2008, 08:33 AM
I'm sure your complaints were noted, but not acted upon for a reason.
So you think that each time someone types "NWRTNY" it is a personal attack? I think it's unreasonable to think that moderators can protect you from the big bad world.

Best post ever, in the worst thread ever!, :)

poidda
14th August 2008, 08:34 AM
I think this site is running swimmingly.
I can't see the need for any more mods..surely these clowns only have one or two things to deal with each week..whats all the fuss about ?

It seems the fuss is coming from to many posts being reported. FFS, Harden the **** up and stop reporting them and we wont need any mods.

sms316
14th August 2008, 08:37 AM
It seems the fuss is coming from to many posts being reported. FFS, Harden the **** up and stop reporting them and we wont need any mods.
Which posts?

I think the mods are doing a fantastic job btw (is this enough sucking up to ensure I don't have to play with Blake in November?).

AndyP
14th August 2008, 08:40 AM
It seems the fuss is coming from to many posts being reported. Not at all. Besides the period of 22-23 July with the NWRNTY (oops, I said it again) topic, there is practically no reports, except for the obvious spam.

poidda
14th August 2008, 08:41 AM
Which posts?

I think the mods are doing a fantastic job btw (is this enough sucking up to ensure I don't have to play with Blake in November?).

No idea?!?! But reading this thread it seems some poeple are reporting posts but not getting a reply. :-({|=

I agree. Mods are doing a great (obviously thankless by some) job. Put me down on that anti-blake list as well will ya. ;)

sms316
14th August 2008, 08:48 AM
Agree that the NWRNTY thing has gone on long enough, but if nobody bit, it would have dies it's own natural death in about 5 minutes.

shazza_rs
14th August 2008, 09:22 AM
G69> you only think the site is going swimmingly because you love the bitch fights!

I think you have all missed the point of the thread. Jaybam wasn't saying that the current team or admin/moderators wasn't working. He was stating that maybe with all the events of the last month or two that maybe it was time for a new moderator to join the team. Obviously we get more members every day. As Addam has stated as the site gets bigger then it will only get worse.

And usually when i report a post i get a reply from one of the moderating team. During the time of the 22-23 July I reported many posts and not once was i contacted to let know what was going on. What is the point of having a "report post" function when nothing gets done with it. It might get noted but how does that help anyone?

Scottt
14th August 2008, 09:31 AM
This is f**king funny, and produced from the crowd who think NWRNTY gags are old hat and the puveyors of such jokes should "move on".

Why not just start www.nudgeegolf.net/forums (http://www.nudgeegolf.net/forums) so all three of you can have a nice little time not reading things you don't like?

Mods, keep up the great work, you're a long way from emulating Jason Savage or Fyirippu, and that's a very good thing!

poidda
14th August 2008, 09:32 AM
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFkloYThpMHdFM1JHeDM2OT J5bFpxb3cAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

shazza_rs
14th August 2008, 09:36 AM
Why not just start www.nudgeegolf.net/forums (http://www.nudgeegolf.net/forums) so all three of you can have a nice little time not reading things you don't like?

Sorry who are the three nudgee members???? I know pete and i are but i think you'll find that Jaybam is not a member at Nudgee.... and what does belonging to the same club have to do with this whole thing???? This is an online forum FFS.

I think you will find that I along with various others are sick of seeing the same shite being started in every thread across the forum. If you want to speak shite keep it to one place, don't spread it to every bloody thread.:smt013

AndyP
14th August 2008, 09:46 AM
I think you have all missed the point of the thread. Jaybam wasn't saying that the current team or admin/moderators wasn't working. He was stating that maybe with all the events of the last month or two that maybe it was time for a new moderator to join the team. Obviously we get more members every day. As Addam has stated as the site gets bigger then it will only get worse. What makes a new moderator better able to handle it?

And usually when i report a post i get a reply from one of the moderating team. There's no reason to reply to reports. You must have been getting a courtesy PM previously. I certainly don't always reply to people's reports.

During the time of the 22-23 July I reported many posts and not once was i contacted to let know what was going on. What is the point of having a "report post" function when nothing gets done with it. It might get noted but how does that help anyone?The point of the report function is to let the moderators know that you have an issue with something on the forum. It is then at their discretion to remove, edit, warn or ignore the issue. Are you suggesting that action should be taken just because it is reported?
In this case, it seems that the moderators (besides myself) did not see an issue with what was reported.

Perhaps the problem here is that some people feel that action should have been taken, and because it wasn't, a new moderator is needed that will sympathise with their point of view. It doesn't work like that.

peter_rs
14th August 2008, 09:53 AM
I'm sure your complaints were noted, but not acted upon for a reason.

I'm not asking for protection on here. Did the "NWRNTY" comments and user exist before my thread? I don't think so. Its the context within which the comments are made that makes them a personal attack.

And for the record, my issue isn't the only one. It would be nice to get a PM from the moderation team to know that they think the "reported post" is acceptable just so you know where you stand and bother reporting future posts.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 09:56 AM
And usually when i report a post i get a reply from one of the moderating team. During the time of the 22-23 July I reported many posts and not once was i contacted to let know what was going on

So you are a frequent dobber. Harden the [love] up.

What is the point of having a "report post" function when nothing gets done with it. It might get noted but how does that help anyone?

I agree. Remove the dob function - problem solved!!

poidda
14th August 2008, 10:00 AM
Is it possible to report an entire thread? Also, as I've never reported anything, is it possible to report it with a category? ie. "Upsetting", "Comical", "Off-Topic" or even "Top Post". But that also opens a can of worms. As some posts, eg this one, would need more than one category.

Sheesh, I think we do need more mods afterall.

Now a little off-topic, can I report my own post?

sms316
14th August 2008, 10:02 AM
I couldn't imagine ever reporting a post made by Fishman Dan. All of his posts are eloquent, moving, well thought out, helpfull and articulate.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 10:04 AM
I couldn't imagine ever reporting a post made by Fishman Dan. All of his posts are eloquent, moving, well thought out, helpfull and articulate.

I knew there was a reason I stuck up for you in a former life! I love you like a brother.... (not like poofs or nuffink).

PeteyD
14th August 2008, 10:08 AM
Which posts?

Person who does the draw is not a mod! hehe :D

AndyP
14th August 2008, 10:09 AM
Now look what you've done....you've formally interested the prime piss-takers of the forum....this thread is now heading to 20 pages..and possible a walkout or two. I might set up a betting thread on walkouts and dummy spits.I was hoping for a most members online record to be broken. Controversy has seen records blow in the past.

poidda
14th August 2008, 10:10 AM
Speaking of under or over-moderaterering. What ever happened to that wanker thread?

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 10:14 AM
If only 3oneday could be MSN'd to remove his ignore....

Jack 2500-1

sms316
14th August 2008, 10:15 AM
Walkouts
- AP 5-1
- P_RS 3-1
- S_RS 2-1
- Blake 100-1
- SMS 1000-1
- Jaybam 3-1

Banning
- poidda 1000-1
- G69 1000-1
- Fish 1000-1
- SMS 1000-1.

The only one on both lines of betting. I could take both here and make a handsome profit.
:smt038

PeteyD
14th August 2008, 10:17 AM
Is this the new wanker thread?

Iain
14th August 2008, 10:23 AM
Is this the new wanker thread?

Maybe we should rename the whole forum golfwankers.net....

Johnny Canuck
14th August 2008, 10:31 AM
Maybe we should rename the whole forum golfwankers.net....

I'm in for a shirt and a hat if we do.

Grunt
14th August 2008, 10:32 AM
Wow, go to work for 12 hour nightshift and wake to this.
I know the Blue moon is this week sometime but what other planets are aligned for this to happen.

PeteyD
14th August 2008, 10:34 AM
New moon, not blue moon.

AndyP
14th August 2008, 10:38 AM
My money is save in the banning department. Those spineless soft**** adminners wouldn't have the nuts to ban anyone.That's bullcrap. That NWRNTY (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/member.php?do=getinfo&u=1897) fella didn't even last a day.

poidda
14th August 2008, 10:40 AM
My money is save in the banning department. Those spineless soft**** adminners wouldn't have the nuts to ban anyone.

How do you report posts?

AndyP
14th August 2008, 10:43 AM
How do you report posts?
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6892
I've used it now and then.

adlo
14th August 2008, 10:44 AM
Make love not war

PeteyD
14th August 2008, 10:46 AM
Shuddup hippy

poidda
14th August 2008, 10:50 AM

Yeah I know, but I ignore yours.

sms316
14th August 2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6892

As the forum is for both men and women and the general public it is requested that members do not use avatars containing nudity, provocative poses or revealing cleavage.

Does that mean I need to remove the lovely Kate?

sms316
14th August 2008, 11:07 AM
16 minutes since the last post. Hasn't been a break like this since overnight.

Perhaps the handbags have been put back in their holsters.

Scottt
14th August 2008, 11:15 AM
I'm not asking for protection on here. Did the "NWRNTY" comments and user exist before my thread? I don't think so. Its the context within which the comments are made that makes them a personal attack..

Time to get a thicker skin and stop taking life so seriously.

That is so laughable... grow up.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 11:16 AM
I've got an angry mail server to quell. I wish MS Exchange had a dob button.

poidda
14th August 2008, 11:22 AM
Time to get a thicker skin and stop taking life so seriously.

That is so laughable... grow up.

I can see a dob or 2 coming from this post.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 11:24 AM
I think some of the sh1tstirrers have gone to the tea lady's cake trolley.

Are you saying that sh!tstirrers are fat? That could be deemed a personal attack.

sms316
14th August 2008, 11:26 AM
I've got to go into a meeting for the next hour. Play nice while I am away.

Scottt
14th August 2008, 11:35 AM
I can see a dob or 2 coming from this post.

I do what I can!

Grunt
14th August 2008, 02:41 PM
Is there a cease fire in this thread?

The way it was going I was expecting a link in the News of the Day thread.

Civil War at OzGolf - internal bunfight over moderation.

Scottt would I make a good headline editor ? ;)

poidda
14th August 2008, 02:45 PM
Maybe 69er has to pay up some of those bets. We might have had walkouts and bannings. The mods have to do something to earn their money FFS.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 03:02 PM
How long is the period of absence before it is deemed a walkout?

Grunt
14th August 2008, 03:06 PM
Ohh so the kids threw the toys out of the cot!

Grunt
14th August 2008, 03:10 PM
Who Me? oops I thought I only thought it but I posted it. Bugger

Scottt
14th August 2008, 03:14 PM
Civil War at OzGolf - internal bunfight over moderation.

Scottt would I make a good headline editor ? ;)

We're looking for a sub-editor at the moment... you could chuck in the <whatever engineers use> at Qantas and change jobs. Much less weekday golf though (I am but a mirage when we play mid-week, I'm actually "in a meeting at head office").

Scottt
14th August 2008, 03:17 PM
The silence is deafening.

July 1, 1916 could be prophetic. The longer the silence, the louder the explosion!

It goes without saying, of course that the RSs and Jaybam are the Germans.

haysey
14th August 2008, 03:18 PM
We're looking for a sub-editor at the moment... you could chuck in the <whatever engineers use> at Qantas and change jobs. Much less weekday golf though (I am but a mirage when we play mid-week, I'm actually "in a meeting at head office").

I like to use the, "Got a job to do thats going to take about half a day" excuse
for midweek golf.

Scottt
14th August 2008, 03:19 PM
I like to use the, "Got a job to do thats going to take about half a day" excuse
for midweek golf.

You have to back yourself and do it.

But I learned the hard way once that you must wear sunscreen regardless of the time of year. People can be remarkably perceptive when you come back to work with a winter "glow". :lol:

haysey
14th August 2008, 03:23 PM
You have to back yourself and do it.

But I learned the hard way once that you must wear sunscreen regardless of the time of year. People can be remarkably perceptive when you come back to work with a winter "glow". :lol:

Just need to pick an area to "work" in that has no mobile phone coverage8)
Sunburn not a problem given I spend a lot of time outdoors anyway

AndyP
14th August 2008, 03:24 PM
It goes without saying, of course that the RSs and Jaybam are the Germans.
Isn't that who we are waiting on?

Scottt
14th August 2008, 03:28 PM

They're still digging their trench.

As an aside, I highly recommend the book Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. Magnificent war story told without bravado or romanticism.

poidda
14th August 2008, 03:40 PM
As an aside, I highly recommend the book Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. Magnificent war story told without bravado or romanticism.

FFS. Off-Topic posts are not tolerated. :roll: ;)

sms316
14th August 2008, 03:43 PM
This thread has turned to crap...

Grunt
14th August 2008, 03:43 PM
Turned to crap?:-k

sms316
14th August 2008, 03:45 PM
Turned to crap?:-k

It showed all the promise of a good old shit slinging session.

Now we are reminising about war stories from nearly a century ago.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 03:51 PM
You could always suggest that "I'm on a course". If you're asked about it, you're telling the truth.

sms316
14th August 2008, 03:53 PM
You could always suggest that "I'm on a course". If you're asked about it, you're telling the truth.

See...

sms316
14th August 2008, 03:56 PM
So..which of you two plays the daddy and which one plays the mummy ?
I'm not sure you are in a position (ha!) to comment with a signature like that.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 03:59 PM
See...

You mis-spelled "helpful".

Dopey ****!

sms316
14th August 2008, 04:01 PM
Dopey ****!
Very eloquent.

poidda
14th August 2008, 04:08 PM
Very eloquent.

And now you've mis-spelled elephant. :roll:

Webster
14th August 2008, 04:25 PM
I am appalled at the level of nastiness certain Ozgolfers have displayed in this thread - it would certainly not be tolerated if I was a moderator. Very disappointing people.

Jack.

shazza_rs
14th August 2008, 04:29 PM
Maybe some of us actually have work to do and don't sit on here and shit stir all day!

Scottt
14th August 2008, 04:31 PM
You mean they don't pay me to just turn up and surf ozgolf, Facebook and UK property and job websites all day?

:shock:

Courty
14th August 2008, 04:42 PM
Get ****ed jack.

Best post ever!

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 04:43 PM
Restart the clock.

Johnny Canuck
14th August 2008, 04:54 PM
Restart the clock.

Are you kidding? I was already searching the pro shop to see what I was getting with my winnings.:smt064

goughy
14th August 2008, 06:10 PM
I'm currently on page 3, and not sure if I'll have time to read the other 4 pages until later, but I would like to respond to some questions.

Firstly, I don't feel we have any need for another moderator at the moment. Quite frankly we have very little to deal with. In fact we have more trouble with spammers than anything else. Andyp and I have discussed the options of other moderators in the past. We know who we would ask, and there are several we would have in mind.

Shazza and Pete. You are correct that we (and I) did not respond to all your reports in Pete's thread. As you know when you first started your thread in question I locked it, to leave it as a general comment and warning to the forum but I did not want discussion to ensue as I felt it would degenerate into exactly what it did. In all honesty I was in fact going to remove the thread as we have said time and time and time again that the proshop is a courtesy and we (ozgolf) have no interest in it as such. All of this was before any other posts had been made in this thread mind you.

I was asked to re-open the thread and let people comment. I am very unhappy with myself for doing so as it turned into exactly what I expected it would. Should I have locked it. Yes. Did I do so. No. In fact I'm sure I made it clear to other admin that it was my decision to let things run their course. But the thread was started to get a discussion going and that it did. You have to take the good with the bad when you start something like that, have it locked, and then ask to have it opened again. I'm sorry you're not happy with how we dealt with it, but that was my decision alone. Unfortunately you can't start a thread like that and then not be happy with what comes back at you. Quite honestly the opinions within the thread seem spread in both directions.

I'm sorry you're not happy with me ignoring the many reports issued from that thread, but you have to take the good with the bad sometimes. And I think it's all come out in the wash. In the end I am sorry to all the interested parties of that thread. The thread should never have existed!

Now to feed the kids, get them to bed, watch some TV and try and read the other 4 pages within this thread! Then we'll see if this post of mine has made any sense.

markTHEblake
14th August 2008, 06:16 PM
Firstly, I don't feel we have any need for another moderator at the moment. Quite frankly we have very little to deal with.

You can say that again. In fact you could drop one moderator completely and workload on the remaining ones wouldnt change. :lol:

though you could add a couple of extra's just to do the midnight bumping off of the spammers that frequent around that time :-)

jaybam
14th August 2008, 07:34 PM

I have been at work for 14 hours but am not affraid to face up to a thread i started. I still beleive a impartial mod would be good. You dont agree?? Good for you. I dont really care. I have the right to my opinion.

goughy
14th August 2008, 07:43 PM
I have no issues with your question at all Jaybam. I can understand where it came from. As I said there is in fact very little moderation done or needed on the forum. And in all honesty I feel I am one of if not the most impartial person here. And much of the moderation done and not done here is discussed between the 3 of us rather than us just gutting things willy nilly. In fact andy and I discuss threads much more than anyone on here would realise.

I think you would find that most of the moderation occurs after some discussion by us. And when none of us sure we get clikchic to take a look. She's who you need to be afraid of!! :)

Eag's
14th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Yep as expected 7 pages of complete and utter bullshit ,go and watch the olympics or something you bunch of dropkicks :roll:

AndyP
14th August 2008, 07:47 PM
I have been at work for 14 hours but am not affraid to face up to a thread i started. I still beleive a impartial mod would be good. Impartial to what exactly?

You dont agree?? Good for you. I dont really care. I have the right to my opinion.I've never said otherwise. What is it you are shirty about?

poidda
14th August 2008, 07:49 PM
Yep as expected 7 pages of complete and utter bullshit ,go and watch the olympics or something you bunch of dropkicks :roll:

Funniest post in the worst thread ever. :smt038

jaybam
14th August 2008, 07:52 PM
As a moderator if someone has notified you they arent happy with a certain topic or thread and they then report it to the moderator the moderator should not continue with it over and over again when they know damn well that the person finds it upsetting and a attack on them. What they are doing is classed as a personal attack like i have just done in a few pm's to people which im sure will be reported but who gives a rats. At the end of the day brainless twits can continue with it as much as they want but some one who is supposed to make sure these sorts of attacks dont continue then carries on with it themselves so what kind of example is that setting????

Bruce
14th August 2008, 07:55 PM
Impartial moderation is a pipedream. The Mods need to be on the side of the community at large. If everyone is entitled to a view then trolls start to hold sway and that is something we can all do without.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 08:07 PM
So did she get the job or what? I always tend to read the last page first in any good book, but couldn't find any reference to the first post.

markTHEblake
14th August 2008, 08:08 PM
Jaybam, I agree with most of what your saying (not that there is anything i disagree with).

I think that the moderators here, have a difficult role, because its hard to balance that with the friendships we all have. For example Moderator 1, would find it difficult to be impartial if Enemy #365 reported Best Freind #2. Certainly the core membership gets away with far more than a casual troller would.

From my humble perspective, it seems that the moderators, when considering a reported post, are asking themselves these questions; Was the offender joking, and should the offendee get a thicker skin.

IMHO that is the wrong way to go about it. The forum has some very clearly defined rules and several implied. If a post is reported and whether its breached the rules is usually black or white, then then thats it. There should be no consideration to whether its a joke or someone is too sensitive at all.

A clear example is the Pro Shop. If the O.P. reports Off Topic posts, then really the moderations should not be making a decision at all, automatically delete without a seconds though.

AndyP
14th August 2008, 08:21 PM
As a moderator if someone has notified you they arent happy with a certain topic or thread and they then report it to the moderator the moderator should not continue with it over and over again when they know damn well that the person finds it upsetting and a attack on them. What they are doing is classed as a personal attack like i have just done in a few pm's to people which im sure will be reported but who gives a rats. At the end of the day brainless twits can continue with it as much as they want but some one who is supposed to make sure these sorts of attacks dont continue then carries on with it themselves so what kind of example is that setting????
So you're assessing me as a moderator based on a period of a few days where I made some silly posts instead of the last 4 years. Cheers.

I guess you guys think of personal attacks differently to me. I've reread my posts and still don't see a personal attack anywhere.

jaybam
14th August 2008, 08:22 PM
You wouldnt!

jaybam
14th August 2008, 08:33 PM
Ok lets get to the bottom of this

Q1. A topic was reported to you A.yes
Q2. You know this caused grief to a certain person A.yes
Q3. Your a moderator A. Yes
Q4. In the rules you have a post that says read them post by them. A. Yes

Personal abuse of other contributors will not be tolerated
Pretty simple rule. It's not necessary, and it doesn't do much for your own argument. I understand that sometimes people are joking around, but be careful when you are doing this, as what may seem like a joke to one, may not be for another. It's better just to be safe and play the ball and not the man. Any abuse posted could result in the abuser receiving an official warning, and or suspension/banning.

Fact. Abuse does not have to be foul langauge.Abuse comes in all forms. Your bringing the same old comment up is not appropriate when the person has asked you and told you it is not wanted.

If this is classed as a personal attack stiff i dont care.

markTHEblake
14th August 2008, 09:21 PM

+1

I dunno which thread you talking about but i have a fair idea. I recall reporting one post myself that abused another person, it wasnt a joke and nothing was done.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2008, 09:42 PM
+2

Calling people "dropkicks" shouldn't be tolerated in any circumstance.

Moe Norman
14th August 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm starting to think that my sarcasm meter is broken, as apart from a few little tantrums I've rarely seen a personal attack on these forums.

I just hope the kids don't take their problems from the forums to real life.

Peter
14th August 2008, 09:59 PM
Well said Moe.

AndyP
14th August 2008, 10:42 PM
Ok lets get to the bottom of this

Q1. A topic was reported to you A.yesIf the "topic" is off-topic posts then yes. However, I believe the topic in question is the NWRNTY issue, which would mean the answer is no in the first instance.

Q2. You know this caused grief to a certain person A.yesHow could off-topic posts cause grief?

Q3. Your a moderator A. YesAdministrator, but unfortunately moderating came as part of it.

Q4. In the rules you have a post that says read them post by them. A. YesIn the Pro Shop rules I said I couldn't be bothered moderating off-topic posts, since those that wanted it applied did it themselves. It was unmanageable.

Pretty simple rule. It's not necessary, and it doesn't do much for your own argument. I understand that sometimes people are joking around, but be careful when you are doing this, as what may seem like a joke to one, may not be for another. It's better just to be safe and play the ball and not the man. Any abuse posted could result in the abuser receiving an official warning, and or suspension/banning.

Fact. Abuse does not have to be foul langauge.Abuse comes in all forms.Off-topic posting is not abuse, especially when it doesn't even mention or imply something about the person.

Your bringing the same old comment up is not appropriate when the person has asked you and told you it is not wanted. Number of posts I used NWRNTY as a joke = 1, and that was this week.

Relying on what we have been told, or have you actually looked into it yourself?

If this is classed as a personal attack stiff i dont care.So a difference of opinion is a personal attack? You seem to think it is, but I don't, so your post won't be reported.

Grunt
15th August 2008, 07:13 AM
Build a bridge and get over it guys & girls. This place is getting pretty anal with all the bickering lately, almost like my daughters kindergarten class.
Everyone has said their piece, now is the time for the Admin to not only lock this thread but delete it too as it no doubt will not look good if we want others to come and join OzGolf read it as they casually browse before registering.

AndyP
15th August 2008, 07:36 AM
Everyone thinks they are a moderator.... :roll:

Grunt
15th August 2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah make me a moderator ;)

Grunt
15th August 2008, 08:26 AM
Make it a good one boys, I am off to play some golf this morning. I like to a have a good chuckle after a tough slog that is golf for me.

sms316
15th August 2008, 08:27 AM
OK pay attention lads...Fishy, SMS, poidda and co....this thread is done....what thread do we stir up today ?
We could start a "Who is the biggest dickhead on OzGolf?" thread. That would stir up some interesting conversation.

:mrgreen:

poidda
15th August 2008, 08:28 AM
OK pay attention lads...Fishy, SMS, poidda and co....this thread is done....what thread do we stir up today ?

Has the Most Improved 2008 been decided yet?

Grunt
15th August 2008, 08:30 AM
We could start a "Who is the biggest dickhead on OzGolf?" thread. That would stir up some interesting conversation.

You mean biggest as in size? There are some big boys here, maybe that is why there are so many in the weight loss thread. Not saying they are dickheads though.;)

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 08:56 AM
AP - perhaps Jaybam is right. The rules need changing. I think "Rule 17 - Stop being a sook" would fit the bill.

While we're at it, can we have nudey avatars as well?

Scottt
15th August 2008, 09:00 AM
I still beleive a impartial mod would be good.

That doesn't correllate with your recommendation of Shazza, You want a mod who will agree with you, that's different.

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 09:01 AM

You know the old saying, sex, religion and politics should never be discussed between friends. Pick one

Scottt
15th August 2008, 09:06 AM
As a moderator if someone has notified you they arent happy with a certain topic or thread and they then report it to the moderator the moderator should not continue with it over and over again when they know damn well that the person finds it upsetting and a attack on them.

Incorrect. I mod a sport forum bigger than this one, and most reported posts get ignored.

More often than not the person complaining just doesn't like the fact that they are getting owned for saying something stupid. If every post that someone didn't like got deleted you would cease to have a forum.

An online community, like any community, is a collection of people who have different views, ways of expressing themselves, senses of humour. You can't silence one person just because another finds their comment objectionable. Well you can, but you'll need to move to China or Russia.

What they are doing is classed as a personal attack like i have just done in a few pm's to people which im sure will be reported but who gives a rats.

No, actually I showed it to a few of the fellas here at work and they pissed themselves laughing that someone would get so worked up about something said in an online forum. I'm thinking "don't crack a Jaybam" might just catch on here, so thanks :lol:

Worth noting also that in a forum such as this (or s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum), the mods and admin are users/posters first and admin/mod second. They don't get paid, and it's a thankless task.

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 09:27 AM
More often than not the person complaining just doesn't like the fact that they are getting owned for saying something stupid.

What about when I (for example) report you for abusing someone else?

An online community, like any community, is a collection of people who have different views, ways of expressing themselves, senses of humour. Y

Straight out abuse of someone is not 'senses of humour'

that someone would get so worked up about something said in an online forum.

This online forum is unique, you cant use examples from other faceless anonymous forums to compare with.

I'm thinking "don't crack a Jaybam" might just catch on here, so thanks :lol:

Now thats a very low class comment, whether you consider it in jest or not. Jaybam quote obviously has a concern. If you want to disagree with him thats fine, but you dont have to treat him with disrespect.

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 09:39 AM
Can I ask what the abusive comment was ?

I wasn't pointing the finger at anything in particular, its a general statement.

Though i thought #125 was particularly harsh, I expect that the offended person did consider reporting the post, but thought better of it as he would have being flamed.

BTW whats that 'walkout' thing about?

Scottt
15th August 2008, 09:47 AM
Jaybam quote obviously has a concern. If you want to disagree with him thats fine, but you dont have to treat him with disrespect.

I treat people the way they treat me.

Thus my attitude towards of Virge, Matt3Jab, Grunt, Andrew, Fishy etc differs greatly from my attitude towards the rses and Jay.

Actual abuse is a moot point here. The rses are calling NWRNTY gags "personal abuse". They might not be funny. But anyone who'd look at them as personal abuse needs professional care.

sms316
15th August 2008, 09:50 AM
Actual abuse is a moot point here. The rses are calling NWRNTY gags "personal abuse". They might not be funny. But anyone who'd look at them as personal abuse needs professional care.
Is that seriously what this is all about?
:shock:

Scottt
15th August 2008, 09:57 AM
Did the "NWRNTY" comments and user exist before my thread? I don't think so. Its the context within which the comments are made that makes them a personal attack.

Sadly, SMS, yes it is. At least partially...

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 10:01 AM

Well seeings you bought this up, I do consider that these jokes are 'personal abuse' because of the context in which it arose.

It's moot that you are anyone else thought that the stamp on the irons had not impact on their value, but Peter did, and he was directly abused for that.

To continue with the said 'joke' is a total lack of respect for the genuine concern that he had about his purchase. Including your last sentence above.

Scottt
15th August 2008, 10:11 AM
Opinions are like arseholes, MTB. Everyone has one. But that doesn't make them correct, or even more pointedly, pillars that a forum should be built around.

If Peter and Sharon find the NWRNTY gags offensive, that qualifies them in a big group of people that read things on here that they don't like.

Funny enough, Grunt has taken much more acute heat in the engineers on strike thread and taken it all with patience and good grace.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 10:18 AM
Sadly, SMS, yes it is. At least partially...

We should dob on 3Balls. They use it all the time!!

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 10:19 AM
If Peter and Sharon find the NWRNTY gags offensive, that qualifies them in a big group of people that read things on here that they don't like.

Didnt you read? its not the NWRNTY gag thats offensive in isolation. :roll:

Its the original context that is. and everytime someone make it, you are bringing that up, which is quite pathetic really.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 10:28 AM
....which is quite pathetic really.

But somehow not quite as pathetic as the sooky-la-la who made it an international incident.

How can they cry foul after being so childish about it in the first place is beyond me.

BrisVegas
15th August 2008, 10:37 AM
did shazza get the moderator job? (too many pages to read)

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 10:37 AM
Fish, Your recollection is very different to mine then. Peter raised it because he had a concern and wanted to get opinions from the forum whether his concern was justified or not. Why is that not 'fair enough"? There was no childish-ness in it at all.

His concern may or may not have been justifiable, thats really a matter of opinion. But the petty childishness and abuse that followed by others was not necessary at all.

poidda
15th August 2008, 11:04 AM
But the petty childishness and abuse that followed by others was not necessary at all.

Is this a personal attack on all those that posted in the thread?

AndyP
15th August 2008, 11:14 AM
Fish, Your recollection is very different to mine then. Peter raised it because he had a concern and wanted to get opinions from the forum whether his concern was justified or not.
Actually, if you read the post, he wasn't seeking opinions at all. It was a post criticising, whether justified or not, another anonymous member (as if that was going to last) and warning the rest of the forum.

sms316
15th August 2008, 11:16 AM
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 11:19 AM
Never trust a Collingwood supporter. It's the Eddie in all of them. Next thing we'll have Sam Newman interviewing Blakey.

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 11:24 AM
Actually, if you read the post, he wasn't seeking opinions at all.

I stand corrected then - that was however the vibe that I got.

Regardless his concern was genuine and well supported. Slagging off at him for it is Pathetic.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 11:37 AM
I think he was seeking moral support for his controversial action, and when that wasn't forthcoming he went postal on the dob button.

poidda
15th August 2008, 11:43 AM
Hand on a minute? this thread had a 5 star rating yesterday? Who's been voting poorly?

Bruce
15th August 2008, 11:50 AM
I stand corrected then - that was however the vibe that I got.

Regardless his concern was genuine and well supported. Slagging off at him for it is Pathetic.

That's the whole turning point right there. His concern was not well supported. There are some that feel he is justified and at least as many think it was being a bit precious for equipment that is going to at least it's second (and possibly more) owner with no valid warranty being available for the equipment.

He asked for opinions and got some support and some brickbats - clearly he likes some answers more than others.

Posts that reference the issue or make light of it are not personal attacks. The same as any skymark discussion or cart incident is not a personal attack on me.

Webster
15th August 2008, 11:53 AM
well said brucey

Flowergirl
15th August 2008, 12:01 PM
This thread highlights the reason for my absence from the site for a while. It's all turning crap. What was once a close like minded group which the occassional bit of fun sledging has turned into who can be the biggest stirrer regardless of who gets hurt along the way.
It's a shame - Ozgolf used to be a good friend to me - now I don't feel like there is the comradeship that there was.

markTHEblake
15th August 2008, 12:06 PM
His concern was not well supported.

several people supported him., i count 3 or 4 on the first page, so do we need to reach a certain number to become 'well'.

Posts that reference the issue or make light of it are not personal attacks.

correct, but those that make light of the person are. We learn this as parents not to call the kids stupid if they did something stupid.

sms316
15th August 2008, 12:08 PM
Should I be ashamed that I don't take offense to people calling me a fat c...? I couldn't give a damn at all, but other fat people probably do.

Webster
15th August 2008, 12:08 PM
well said blakey

Webster
15th August 2008, 12:12 PM
well said 69'er

poidda
15th August 2008, 12:14 PM

Scottt
15th August 2008, 12:30 PM

well said Poidda.

BrisVegas
15th August 2008, 12:38 PM
That's the whole turning point right there. His concern was not well supported. There are some that feel he is justified and at least as many think it was being a bit precious for equipment that is going to at least it's second (and possibly more) owner with no valid warranty being available for the equipment.

He asked for opinions and got some support and some brickbats - clearly he likes some answers more than others.

Posts that reference the issue or make light of it are not personal attacks. The same as any skymark discussion or cart incident is not a personal attack on me.

FWIW Bruce, I dont' mean it a personal attack when I joke about the sky mark you put on my D2.

poidda
15th August 2008, 12:41 PM
FWIW Bruce, I dont' mean it a personal attack when I joke about the sky mark you put on my D2.

Was it under warranty?

BrisVegas
15th August 2008, 12:42 PM
no idea. i couldn't bare to look at it after brucey defiled it so it was soon onsold.... :wink:

Bruce
15th August 2008, 12:55 PM
In my opinion you got off bloody lightly after that incident. I had virtually forgotten about it....time to ramp it up a notch.

Which one?

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 12:57 PM
The same as any skymark discussion or cart incident is not a personal attack on me.

Actually it is. Same as someone scoring 13 points at NSW. We just don't lose any sleep over it.

BrisVegas
15th August 2008, 12:58 PM
Actually it is. Same as someone scoring 13 points at NSW. We just don't lose any sleep over it.

That was a pretty tough day for golf dan. :shock:

poidda
15th August 2008, 01:13 PM

For the record, anytime I mention a 13 at newcastle it is personal.

3oneday
15th August 2008, 01:17 PM
Gee, I put this on ignore after page 1, received a vitriolic PM which I am still trying to understand, read through 9 pages of highly entertaining (some just a little whiney) crap and still think the only personal attack was when Blakey called someone pathetic !

:lol:

sms316
15th August 2008, 01:22 PM
received a vitriolic PM which I am still trying to understand,

Do tell...

macjackass
15th August 2008, 01:22 PM

It's a two-horse race.

sms316
15th August 2008, 01:27 PM
Now look what you've done....you've formally interested the prime piss-takers of the forum....this thread is now heading to 20 pages..and possible a walkout or two. I might set up a betting thread on walkouts and dummy spits.
Halfway there.

3oneday
15th August 2008, 01:28 PM
Do tell...
nup, back on ignore.

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 02:13 PM
So yet again... a thread has been taken soooooooo far off topic and has become another bag peter_rs thread. Of which i am copping the flak for.

Congratulations you bunch of wankers! (And i mean that in the nicest possible way).

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:15 PM
We can't take too much credit Shazza.

You, Pete and Jay did most of the groundwork yourselves.

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 02:17 PM
I treat people the way they treat me.

Thus my attitude towards of Virge, Matt3Jab, Grunt, Andrew, Fishy etc differs greatly from my attitude towards the rses and Jay.

Sorry but what the **** have we done to you to be treated worse than scum????????

Just because you know someone in person doesn't mean that you treat them better.

Its the same old thing on here..... hide behind a internet persona..... bet you wouldn't have the guts to say half the shite you have sprayed on here to mine or pete's face.

sms316
15th August 2008, 02:17 PM
How about this thread gets locked before somebody hires a hitman?

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 02:23 PM

I think you like some people have missed the point bruce. Pete didn't care that they were second hand irons and may not have warranty. They were NOT as described. End of story. And for Pete to take 24 hrs to request a refund because he hasn't been near a computer, but to be told no because he's taken too long to request via PM a refund is total and utter bullshit. Even though it was noted (again via PM) as a issue upon receipt of the irons. I'm glad the putter pete sold to you was as described :smt013

PS. Have the skymark comments stopped??? Yes. Was there a username created call "skymark"? No..... ooops my bad.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 02:25 PM
That was a pretty tough day for golf dan. :shock:

But it was still a shit score. :lol:

Has there even been a tough day for cart driving?

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:29 PM
Sorry but what the **** have we done to you to be treated worse than scum????????

Just because you know someone in person doesn't mean that you treat them better.

Its the same old thing on here..... hide behind a internet persona..... bet you wouldn't have the guts to say half the shite you have sprayed on here to mine or pete's face.

Worse than scum?! :lol: WTF?

You guys are bleating on ad nauseum about personal attacks related to NWRNTY gags and in the same breath lamenting the fact that admin/mods won't respond seriously to reported posts. I wonder why?

I wasn't suggesting I'd treat the above-mentioned people better. I said my attitude was different to them. Those are two different things.

And in fact I've never met Fishy and have only met Grunt once.

Was Jay not hiding behind an internet persona when he sent me a tourettes-laden PM?

My name is Scott Warren and my mobile number is 0417233803. Anyone who finds it necessary can phone me to discuss any of my posts that they are less than impressed with.

How's that for hiding behind a persona?

AndyP
15th August 2008, 02:32 PM
How about this thread gets locked before somebody hires a hitman?I can't do it. I'm not impartial.

Back on topic.

Congratulations you bunch of wankers! New moderator?

Toolish
15th August 2008, 02:32 PM
PS. Have the skymark comments stopped??? Yes. Was there a username created call "skymark"? No..... ooops my bad.

Did Bruce fire up whenever someone mentioned the skymark, no.

I think there is a lesson in that for all of us, don't you.

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:33 PM
They were NOT as described. End of story.

I thought we'd ascertained that prmeier at no point dishonestly answered a question relating to the presence of the NWRNTY stamp.

It's an unfair slight on him to say the irons were not as described. Pete didn't ask about a NWRNTY stamp. That's different.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 02:33 PM

But that wouldn't have been funny. However if you were to run off now and make a fake account called "Mark Skye" and post "What have I got to do with this?", you would make many friends.

Instead you are content to pop in every 3 pages and make this thread about you (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:34 PM
But that wouldn't have been funny. However if you were to run off now and make a fake account called "Mark Skye" and post "What have I got to do with this?", you would make many friends.

:lol::lol:

sms316
15th August 2008, 02:35 PM
My name is Scott Warren
Did they name that fella from the Virgin mobile ads after you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr89irP6Acc&mode=related&search=

poidda
15th August 2008, 02:36 PM
I thought we'd ascertained that prmeier at no point dishonestly answered a question relating to the presence of the NWRNTY stamp.

It's an unfair slight on him to say the irons were not as described. Pete didn't ask about a NWRNTY stamp. That's different.

My mate sold a car a couple of weeks ago. The person rushed in and bought it cash on the spot without doing a Revs check. The car was actually a repaired write-off. In NSW it's not a big deal, but in QLD it is. They didn't ask. They didn't check. Bad Luck. End of story.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 02:36 PM
My name is Scott Warren ..........

Did you go to North Sydney Boys High?

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 02:37 PM
Worse than scum?! :lol: WTF?

You guys are bleating on ad nauseum about personal attacks related to NWRNTY gags and in the same breath lamenting the fact that admin/mods won't respond seriously to reported posts. I wonder why?

I wasn't suggesting I'd treat the above-mentioned people better. I said my attitude was different to them. Those are two different things.

And in fact I've never met Fishy and have only met Grunt once.

Was Jay not hiding behind an internet persona when he sent me a tourettes-laden PM?

My name is Scott Warren and my mobile number is 0417233803. Anyone who finds it necessary can phone me to discuss any of my posts that they are less than impressed with.

How's that for hiding behind a persona?

Having a different attitude to people directly relates to how you treat them. And if you actually met JB or read most of his posts, the way he spoke to you in a PM is the way he would of spoke to you in person.

And can you please point out where I've made reference to a personal attack on here????? I think you have a case of mistaken identity. I am not Peter. We are two separate people with different opinions.

And i wouldn't bother calling you.... why would I?? I can think of much better things to waste my money on. You not being one of them.

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:37 PM
Did they name that fella from the Virgin mobile ads after you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr89irP6Acc&mode=related&search=

That is me.

I cut my hair since then though. I felt it misrepresented me :lol:

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:38 PM
My mate sold a car a couple of weeks ago. The person rushed in and bought it cash on the spot without doing a Revs check. The car was actually a repaired write-off. In NSW it's not a big deal, but in QLD it is. They didn't ask. They didn't check. Bad Luck. End of story.

True that.

I recall early in the NWRNTY debate, peter_rs used "caveat emptor" as a kind of jibe against prmeier, when in fact it is a term that Peter should have taken heed of when buying the irons.

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 02:39 PM
Instead you are content to pop in every 3 pages and make this thread about you (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Have you read the title of this thread???? I think you will find that it is about me..... but yet again a thead i'm involved in becomes a bash/bag peter_rs thread......... :smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013

poidda
15th August 2008, 02:40 PM
If you build it, they will come.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 02:43 PM
Have you read the title of this thread???? I think you will find that it is about me..... but yet again a thead i'm involved in becomes a bash/bag peter_rs thread......... :smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013

Hey I can't argue with that. Great point, well made!

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 02:43 PM
Once again you miss the point. Most people who sell a lot of gear on here would bend over backwards to help you out if you were unhappy with a sale. Not say it took 24hrs to send a PM therefore you get nothing.

And another thing. You only know what has been posted in the open. There is a lot more to this than you are aware of.

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:46 PM
And if you actually met JB or read most of his posts, the way he spoke to you in a PM is the way he would of spoke to you in person.

And i wouldn't bother calling you.... why would I?? I can think of much better things to waste my money on. You not being one of them.

If Jay spoke to me like that in person I would laugh in his face. This is the whole point of the thread, Shazz: people who take life as seriously as you, peter and Jay are a fair subject of humour.

Do you not agree that Grunt would be much more justified in playing the "personal attack" card? Luckily for the rest of us, Grunt is a good bloke who doesn't take this place too seriously.

PS - The last sentence was superfluous. If you can think of better things to spend money on that calling me, calling me can't possibly be one of those things, can it? I couldn't possibly be more or less important than myself... me and myself are the same bloke. So is I for that matter.

See, you attack my persona and I still venture to offer you a free gammar lesson! I can't be such a bad guy...

The phone is sitting here waiting to ring Shazz. Don't be a stranger.

sms316
15th August 2008, 02:47 PM
Or I have to pay out on this plethera of bets taken on walkouts and knifings.
Can we have an updated market please?

poidda
15th August 2008, 02:47 PM
And another thing. You only know what has been posted in the open. There is a lot more to this than you are aware of.

hmmm, will it hell or hinder the run for mod election? There is an eletion isn't?!?! Can the government be overthrown?

Fishman Dan
15th August 2008, 02:48 PM
Phew, that was exhausting. Looks like the posts have ebbed..... this subject might finally be "petering" out....

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 02:53 PM
Shazz: people who take life as seriously as you, peter and Jay are a fair subject of humour.

Do you not agree that Grunt would be much more justified in playing the "personal attack" card? Luckily for the rest of us, Grunt is a good bloke who doesn't take this place too seriously.

For the record.... once again, you don't know me other than on here. If you actually knew me you'd know that i don't take myself seriously. I actually post on here what i would say in person.

I'm not having a go at Grunt. I've met the bloke and played lots of golf with grunt but I don't think he handled his personal attack thread any better than Pete did in his.

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:53 PM

Nope.

jaybam
15th August 2008, 02:55 PM
Scott i just choose to do my inslulting in private so no one else has to suffer through your bullshit. If everyone did that this thread would never have gotten past two pages. But dickheads like you continue to insult people out in the open which then makes other clowns join in. Plus i had too much respect for most of the people in here and dont beleive that i should air my dirty laundry in the public forum. You on the other hand have no class and keep dropping my name in the public forums which is actually in breach of rules hence the reason i havent done it till now.

sms316
15th August 2008, 02:57 PM

Nope.

Do you have any basic education at all?

Scottt
15th August 2008, 02:58 PM
For the record.... once again, you don't know me other than on here. If you actually knew me you'd know that i don't take myself seriously. I actually post on here what i would say in person.

I'm not having a go at Grunt. I've met the bloke and played lots of golf with grunt but I don't think he handled his personal attack thread any better than Pete did in his.

So you save all your "taking myself too seriously" tablets to take in a big mouthful before you log on to ozgolf?

Grunt has handled the strike thread like a master. No whinging, pleading for sympathy and questioning the work of the admin/mods. You and Pete could learn a thing or two there.

sms316
15th August 2008, 02:58 PM
But dickheads like you continue to insult people out in the open which then makes other clowns join in.
Out of curiosity, who would be these clowns you refer to?

perci
15th August 2008, 03:01 PM
Whats a Gammer lesson?

Scottt
15th August 2008, 03:01 PM
Scott i just choose to do my inslulting in private so no one else has to suffer through your bullshit. If everyone did that this thread would never have gotten past two pages. But dickheads like you continue to insult people out in the open which then makes other clowns join in. Plus i had too much respect for most of the people in here and dont beleive that i should air my dirty laundry in the public forum. You on the other hand have no class and keep dropping my name in the public forums which is actually in breach of rules hence the reason i havent done it till now.

You started this thread, accusing the admin/mods of not doing a good enough job, thus necessitating the crating of another mod position. Dirty laundry much?

What rule have I breached now? Using your name in public? Who drew these crazy rules up?!

PS- I'll assumed the "thankyou" for me PMing you after your little PM rant to fill you in on a good pizza joint up your way was implied. What was it you were saying about people with no class?

Iain
15th August 2008, 03:03 PM

Where exactly are people having a go at Pete?? I've seen some mentions of the No Warranty issue, but no one bashing Pete as you say??

Johnny Canuck
15th August 2008, 03:05 PM
So yet again... a thread has been taken soooooooo far off topic and has become another bag peter_rs thread. Of which i am copping the flak for.

Congratulations you bunch of wankers! (And i mean that in the nicest possible way).

Hey Shazza,

I don't see this a being a "bag Peter_RS thread by any means. No one is attacking Peter at all!

I agreed with Peter and would not have been happy if I had recevied the clubs with the stamping on them. That being said, if I make light of the situation and crack a NOWRNTY joke, it is by no means a personal attack on him.

I think there were a few comments in there that were a little beyond making fun of the NPWRNTY and I even commented on it, called Scottt a dickhead, sent a few PMs to him and moved on.

I also found Henno's NOWRNTY motivational poster to be funny as hell and by laughing at that, it is not an attack on Peter, by any means whatsoever.

By posting the situation in a public forum, you are subjecting yourself to opinions. Some you may like, some you may not.

While I agree with PeterRS on some accounts, I also think he made a knee-jerk reaction selling the clubs so quickly and putting pr-meier in a no win situation by requesting that he make up the shortfall.

However, when it comes down to it, it is only my opinion, which is really f**k all in the grand scheme of things.

You say there is much more to the story, but everyone's thoughts on the subject were only based upon what was told to them. Possibly, if Peter had disclosed all the details, people's opinions may have been different. It was up to Peter how much was disclosed, so he shouldn't get upset if people's opinions don't necessarily appease him. If you make your bed, you lie in it.

Bottom line is everyone is pretty well just having fun, taking the piss and trying to stir a little shit. You know what? It's working.

In other news, I have a company phone and Scottt's phone number. I don't mind spending .25 cents of the company's money to tell him he is a dickhead!

John Canuck, not hiding behind a pseudonym either.

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 03:05 PM
So you save all your "taking myself too seriously" tablets to take in a big mouthful before you log on to ozgolf?

Grunt has handled the strike thread like a master. No whinging, pleading for sympathy and questioning the work of the admin/mods. You and Pete could learn a thing or two there.

Have you actually read either of the threads in entirety that you are comparing????? I think you will find that they are completely different. I'm not whinging about the moderation team. I want to join them so why would i be whinging about them????

Actually i think you will find that JB intent for this thread wasn't based on any one particular thread but a number of them that have turned sour in the last few months, namely leather wedge, qantas thread, etc.

jaybam
15th August 2008, 03:07 PM
Did i once insult you or slur your name in public forums?? You get what you deserve mate as if i wanted to i could have insulted you and a long list of people out in the open but i choose not to. I beleive that my opinion of you would be best kept between us but you wanted to try and make your self seem like a funny hero of sorts and post nasty little comments about people. Really its good to have a laugh but you shouldnt do it at some one elses expense or try and big note yourself in the process.

Oh and sms as long as Kates picture stays you are safe from the clown category :)

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 03:11 PM
Hey Shazza,
You say there is much more to the story, but everyone's thoughts on the subject were only based upon what was told to them. Possibly, if Peter had disclosed all the details, people's opinions may have been different. It was up to Peter how much was disclosed, so he shouldn't get upset if people's opinions don't necessarily appease him. If you make your bed, you lie in it.

Actually he couldn't divulge any more information than provided as it was done via the PM function. As you know posting what has been sent via PM on the public forum is against the rules of the forum.

Yes, the poster was funny, i'll grant you that, but when the same shit stirrers bring up the same comments in every thread it gets beyond the joke. It may not seem to be a personal attack or the worst kind of attack in anyone else's eyes but it is to pete.

So every time someone on here posts about "NWRNTY" it doesn't directly relate to pete???? I think it does, and i get reminded of it every single time it gets brought up.

sms316
15th August 2008, 03:18 PM
I hope you take note that I have never made one reference to the Nwrnty thing Shazzy....its too childish..even for me.
Ass kisser.

(Neither have I by the way).

Bruce
15th August 2008, 03:19 PM
So every time someone on here posts about "NWRNTY" it doesn't directly relate to pete????

That's correct.

I think it does, and i get reminded of it every single time it gets brought up.

And there's the source of your frustration. You're reading things into other's posts that aren't necessarily there.

As much as I like you Shaz - I don't think you're the right person to be a mod of this forum.

Jarro
15th August 2008, 03:20 PM
This thread highlights the reason for my absence from the site for a while. It's all turning crap. What was once a close like minded group which the occassional bit of fun sledging has turned into who can be the biggest stirrer regardless of who gets hurt along the way.
It's a shame - Ozgolf used to be a good friend to me - now I don't feel like there is the comradeship that there was.

And of all the posts in this thread, this one hits home the most !

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 03:21 PM
As much as I like you Shaz - I don't think you're the right person to be a mod of this forum.

Because peter_rs is my partner and all the shit stirring on here tends to be about him at times?????

Scottt
15th August 2008, 03:22 PM
I beleive that my opinion of you would be best kept between us but you wanted to try and make your self seem like a funny hero of sorts and post nasty little comments about people.

Yeah, you got me there. I totally get off on what people who don't know me think of me. Guilty as charged.

Bruce
15th August 2008, 03:22 PM
Because peter_rs is my partner and all the shit stirring on here tends to be about him at times?????

Because you believe that when it really isn't true.

Scottt
15th August 2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, the poster was funny, i'll grant you that, but when the same shit stirrers bring up the same comments in every thread it gets beyond the joke. It may not seem to be a personal attack or the worst kind of attack in anyone else's eyes but it is to pete.

so some NWRNTY gags are funny, but others are scurrilous personal attacks?

Looks like someones argument is falling apart...

perci
15th August 2008, 03:24 PM
I hope you take note that I have never made one reference to the Nwrnty thing Shazzy....its too childish..even for me.
Oh and perci..you wanker...I wait 13 pages for your intro in here and thats the best you got.....FFS.

Sorry to disappoint Dickey but I'm keeping my point of view to myelf. Oh by the way Pete Gorman said your a *************************** !!!!!!!!!!!

Toolish
15th August 2008, 03:30 PM
Because you believe that when it really isn't true.

Well said.

Grunt
15th August 2008, 03:41 PM
Have I been Personally Attacked?

jaybam
15th August 2008, 03:45 PM
do you want to be?? lol :) Just post something silly :)

Grunt
15th August 2008, 03:46 PM
I think did once and it was apologised for almost instantly

Scottt
15th August 2008, 03:50 PM
Just post something silly :)

In case your struggling, Grunt, just refer to any of Shazz, Pete or He Who Must Not Be Named's posts for inspiration!

How'd you go at Rosnay, by the way?

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 03:53 PM

please keep off topic posts out of this thread

jaybam
15th August 2008, 03:53 PM
In case your struggling, Grunt, just refer to any of Shazz, Pete or He Who Must Not Be Named's posts for inspiration!

Once again you have to revert to naming people to try to come up with something half interesting. Have you nothing other than trying to attack peoples character??

Scottt
15th August 2008, 03:57 PM
Once again you have to revert to naming people to try to come up with something half interesting. Have you nothing other than trying to attack peoples character??

You warned me off using your username, HWMNBN. What other option did I have?!

please keep off topic posts out of this thread

See deep down I hope you're joking. But in my gut I know you are deadly serious, and that breaks my heart...

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 03:59 PM
See deep down I hope you're joking. But in my gut I know you are deadly serious, and that breaks my heart...

I was taking the piss you idiot! And that just goes to show you exactly how you don't know me.

Toolish
15th August 2008, 03:59 PM
... and that breaks my heart...

C'mon mate, lighten up. It's only a forum!

Scottt
15th August 2008, 04:00 PM
I was taking the piss you idiot! And that just goes to show you exactly how you don't know me.

Yep, you got me.

I noticed you ignored my post about you picking and choosing which NWRNTY jokes cause you offence...

Iain
15th August 2008, 04:02 PM
Nice stir Scotttt...

jaybam
15th August 2008, 04:03 PM
You seem to be the main trouble maker left in here mate. Got nothing better to do?? Really let it go and maybe this thread will disappear like so many want. But on the plus side G69 said if its locked he will never come back. Theres some good reason for the admin to act :)

jaybam
15th August 2008, 04:05 PM
Funny the people you see when threads get interesting. Where you been hideing Iain?? You still playing the game.

Oh and before you go on about off topic Wanker this thread is so far off topic now its not funny. A bit like you really :)

Scottt
15th August 2008, 04:07 PM
Moi?

Off topic never got me reaching for the "report" button.

But shazza says "see post #263"

shazza_rs
15th August 2008, 04:11 PM
I noticed you ignored my post about you picking and choosing which NWRNTY jokes cause you offence...

This will be my last post in this thread. So to answer you question scottt, a joke can still be funny if it is offensive.

It's like a blonde joke, they are mostly funny but still offensive and derogatory.

jaybam
15th August 2008, 04:14 PM
Cant beleive i am saying this GO THE BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scottt
15th August 2008, 04:17 PM
This will be my last post in this thread. So to answer you question scottt, a joke can still be funny if it is offensive.

Your credibility is shot.

If you want to do the whole hurt and indignant thing, you can't then say some NWRNTY gags are funny. Unless you and Pete are just putting the whole thin of to be drama queens...

jaybam
15th August 2008, 04:17 PM
thought you had work to do dicky?

Iain
15th August 2008, 04:26 PM
Funny the people you see when threads get interesting. Where you been hideing Iain?? You still playing the game.

Yeah, just been busy with other stuff atm, don't worry I've been keeping up to date with Ozgolf on my iPhone.

Back onto Topic!! FWIW, I don't really think we need another Mod, I think AP, Goughy and Jarro are doing a good enough job....