PDA

View Full Version : Game this Friday - 15th August

Grunt
12th August 2008, 07:21 PM
Who's Keen for a hit Friday?

I got Thursday night off work to go to Tayla's 1st Athletics Carnival & go out for dinner on my wedding anniversary so I now have Friday free.

Anyone? Not sure where I will play but will not be Fox Hills played there last week, somewhere else.

Rosnay GC

Grunt 29
Jimandr 28
Trung NCR

jimandr
12th August 2008, 09:27 PM
Amazingly enough, I have an RDO scheduled for Friday, and a day on a golf course is as good a way as any to spend it.

Do you want to go back to Oatlands?

My other proposal, if it turns out to be just Grunt and me, is a visit to the walk-up start comp at Rosnay. Have you ever played there Grunt?

Grunt
12th August 2008, 09:28 PM
Never played at Rosnay, Oatlands is a bit pricey for you Jim, $50+

Scottt
13th August 2008, 10:09 AM
Are you calling Jim poor?!

:shock:

Grunt
13th August 2008, 10:21 AM
No just saying Oatlands is a bit pricey for those that don't get reciprocal membership pricing. It only costs me $10 to play there. A mate & I won the 2B one Friday, he paid $50 for the privilege and got a $40 voucher for the win.

Scottt
13th August 2008, 10:33 AM
$10?! I think perhaps Bathurst is the best value membership going around!

Grunt
13th August 2008, 10:37 AM
$10?! I think perhaps Bathurst is the best value membership going around!

No Shit Sherlock!

Grunt
13th August 2008, 04:51 PM
Jim, I will leave where we play up to you. As you already know I will play just about anywhere.

jimandr
13th August 2008, 09:36 PM
Are you calling Jim poor?!

I am poor, and will continue to be poor while I owe money on my house.

However, I've only played Oatlands once, so I could stretch the budget if necessary.

Having said that, I'd actually prefer to play at Rosnay. I used to be member there, but I haven't been back since I left 12 years ago. Nobody ever wants to play there, so if I see an opportunity to get someone to join me, I'll try to take it.

As a sweetener for Grant, it is the type of short course he should go very well at if he hits the ball OK.

Matt 3 Jab
13th August 2008, 11:54 PM
i'd be in, whats a comp cost there? i played it a few years back

jimandr
14th August 2008, 08:43 PM
Matt,

I don't know, but I doubt if the cost would be more than about $25. Rosnay probably wouldn't want to price people out of the market.

Grant and I hadn't actually agreed on a time, but I'm now proposing a nice civilised 10.30am start.

If you haven't responded here by the morning, I'll give you a call to see if you are still interested.

Grunt
14th August 2008, 08:46 PM
See you at 10 then Jim. Works nicely for me. It is just over the River at Penrith isn't it? Might pop into Fox Hills either on my way there or home to get my winnings from last week.

jimandr
14th August 2008, 08:49 PM
That was a quick post. I was PM'ing you and you'd already seen my post here.

You are thinking of Leonay. A very different direction. Actually the courses are of similar length.

Rosnay is at Auburn, next to the heavily polluted Duck River.

Grunt
14th August 2008, 08:50 PM
ooops could have been a long way from you at 10 then. Yeah I have played Rosnay a few years ago but can't really remember it.

Grunt
15th August 2008, 09:23 AM
Late Starter

Trung is making an appearance

Grunt
15th August 2008, 04:32 PM
Well what can I say golf was not the highlight of today

Results

Grunt 29 points
Jimandr 28 points
Trung No card - had to go after nine holesWon't be back to Rosnay in a hurry. Not the worst course but just not the course for my crappy game. Jim will no doubt post a replay with something good that happened today but I honestly can't think of any.

jimandr
15th August 2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks to Grunt for indulging me in my wish to return to Rosnay, and to Trung for making a guest appearance. It was a slow front nine, and Trung started losing interest after a few wipes in a row, so he said goodbye after nine holes.

Strangely, the back nine was much quicker than the front, and we hardly had to wait, even as a two ball.

The golf was awful from all of us, and the course has hardly changed in 12 years - it certainly hasn't improved any.

No real highlights, but lots of lowlights. Grunt left a putt 25 feet short on the 2nd. Thats about as short as I've ever seen someone leave one.

sms316
15th August 2008, 08:11 PM
[quote=jimandr;247164] Grunt left a putt 25 feet short on the 2nd. [quote]

Grunt
15th August 2008, 08:32 PM
I hit the ground as I hit the putt, result was putt less than halfway to the hole.