PDA

View Full Version : Golf Digest Subscriptions

goughy
17th November 2004, 06:53 PM
Was wondering if anyone subscribed to GD (us edition) and how much it cost them.

In the mag it seems to indicate it at about $43us per year. But the website says $59us. $43 I'd do, $59 I'd question.

gazgolf1
17th November 2004, 07:02 PM
I did it a couple of years ago and the Mag arrived usually 2-3 wks after it hit our newsagents. :x
They send them seamail but they don't tell you that.

goughy
17th November 2004, 07:28 PM
I new they'd be arriving late. I used to subscribe to modern drummer and it was the same deal. I'm not worried about that because really the only thing it affects is the results and since I get them online....

Just can't work out the price.

Fishman Dan
17th November 2004, 10:20 PM
Is it worth doing the US version? Half the content in the local version is from the same source.

goughy
17th November 2004, 10:33 PM
If the price listedin the magazine is correct, then yes. It would actually be $10 a year cheaper to subscribe to the us version over the aus version. And there always seems to be a ton more content in the us version. In fact, the stuff I like the most in both aus gd and agm seem to come straight out of the us gd.

So why not go straight to the source.

Ducky
17th November 2004, 10:46 PM
I buy an Australian Golf Digest occasionally, but most of the articles worth reading are on the US website anyway. I think the magazine really only serves a purpose for those that are internet illiterate (or do not have access).

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

goughy
18th November 2004, 06:34 AM
I read them at work. Helps me kill time during lunch. Otherwise I'd probably just read it on the net. But as it is I barely get enough computer time to keep up with the forum and a little bsg.

gazgolf1
18th November 2004, 10:01 AM
Goughy,
This is what I'm trying at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7105582220&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

The idea behind it is that I pay the one off $12 Oz subscription charge and that covers me for 3 yrs and the shipping is free.Then they ship each issue to my US address with http://www.shopthestates.com/ who then charge me approx $6 Oz to ship to Australia.
The subsription has'nt started yet because they take 8-12 wks to begin but I thought it was worth a try.Our version of this magazine is garbage with stuff like boat reviews etc.
As far as http://www.shopthestates.com/ goes I have not used them for anything else yet so who knows but there shipping prices seem good.
Maybe its worth a go for you. :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=630&item=7113634417&rd=1

dougkpga
20th November 2004, 10:26 AM
I went ot shopthestates and they are shut down til Jan 2005

gazgolf1
20th November 2004, 01:01 PM
yeah saw that too but the website said they will still be sending magazine subscriptions.

goughy
19th December 2004, 07:43 PM
So down to the nitty gritty. Is the US mag that much better than the aus mags. It seems that most of the worthwhile content in both agd and agm come straight out of the us gd. And the us one does have other interesting stuff without all the car and boat stuff, and I think no travel stuff too.

isubscribe.com has international subscriptions at $47us, which makes it about the same as either aussie one. I've only ever bought one or 2 of the us gd so I don't know for sure.

I don't care if some of the info is a few weeks old. I pretty much just read them during lunch at work.

So if the cost is the same, which would you subscribe to???

Ducky
19th December 2004, 08:05 PM
I would go with the US Golf Digest subscription. I have been bitter with the Australian Golf Digest ever since they claimed to have a 'free magazine' included with one of their issues (I assumed it was a previous month Australian Golf Digest) which turned out to be a 4WD related. Why the bloody hell would I want that?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

goughy
9th May 2005, 05:06 PM
Well, my first issue of us golf digest arrived last week (clikchic forgot to tell me). And was I stoked. Was the June issue. The May issue hasn't even hit our newsagents yet. Hope I keep getting them on time.

I subscribed through isubscribe (I think) rather than to golf digest direct.

gazgolf1
9th May 2005, 05:13 PM
Nice work Dean....My issues of Golf have been arriving on time,even though they come surface mail it only takes a week from the US to Oz. :D