PDA

View Full Version : Jaybam v's Shavey 10/8/08 Palm meadows

jaybam
9th August 2008, 05:26 PM
Ok short notice i know but there is one spot left for tomorrow at plam meadows for a 12 oclock tee off. I beleive Shavey has said it will be about $45 for the game and cart. Come witness a great match on a great course :)

1. Shavey
2. Jaybam
3. FreddyA

:) No ties or draws i hope

Jaybam.

AndyP
9th August 2008, 05:40 PM
Bummer! I reckon with a bit of notice I would have sacrificed some brownie points to play this one.

Take some photos and be prepared to give a course report on completion, jaybam.

jaybam
9th August 2008, 05:44 PM
Hell no this is a scouting issue for the champs and i will keep the secrets to myself :) Will sell a course guide with tips before tee off on the firet day of the champs :)
But really am buggered if i am going to lug our big camera around the joint lol maybe my phone will get some good shots :)

jaybam
9th August 2008, 10:29 PM
Oh well looks like a three then. BAd luck someone couldnt take up the cheap game. Dont know how often you could get a game there for that price.

markTHEblake
9th August 2008, 10:50 PM
I'd check it out but already playing at Helensvale in the morning so I couldnt back up for another round.

shavey
10th August 2008, 05:02 PM
Managed to fall over the line with a 1 up result. Needless to say it wasn't the prettiest golf nor start, as I knocked my first drive into the soup albeit about 30 in front of us (10th hole).

Was behind all day and managed to take the lead with a two holes to go. For some reason though we both kept our best to last with Jaybam sinking an 8ft birdie on the 17th (par 3 - 179m into the wind) after my 10ft lipped out. This got it back to even and with two great recovery shots from our drives on the 18th (9th hole) we were left with 100m in. Jaybam left his aproach short and had a thousand footer uphill which he knocked a 'tad' past the hole. My shot in was about 8ft past which I trickled in for a birdie and the win.

The greenskeeper must have had a bad day as the majority of the pins were cut on side slopes and the greens were rolling :) There were quite a few putts which just dribbled past the hole only to finish some 15ft away!

A very enjoyable day with a bloke who has the same golfing philosphy as myself.. just have fun! :) Look forward to another with you again soon Johnny...

Eag's
10th August 2008, 05:40 PM
Sounded like a tough match, well done shavey and better luck next time JB.

jaybam
10th August 2008, 05:47 PM
Well done Shavey i had a really good time out there today and the match was played in fun like it should be. Very laughable though every time i got to the greens.Guarenteed a win if we were on for the same amount of shots. Putting was woeful and if it doesnt get sorted soon all my gear will be on ebay. Thanks for the game on Palm Meadows at reduced rates . Was great value and a fantastic layout. Good luck at the champsguys though if the greenkeeper was pissed off though. Some nasty spots for pins. Look forward to taking you up on the offer at Lakelands one day Shavey and again thanks for a great match and a deserved win to you congrats :)