PDA

View Full Version : Money bill mundine

macjackass
8th August 2008, 01:15 AM
Just saw part of this interview on fox sports news. It was just like that idiot mundine speaking in a kiwi accent. Good grief, what a complete tool!! While Canterbury are worse off the game is much better off without this greedy &%$*!!

3oneday
8th August 2008, 07:13 AM
Didn't you hear that Mundine was starting a sect ? He's calling it the Moron Sect.

Xray
8th August 2008, 07:25 AM
I watched the first bit on the footy show last night and like you I thought that he sounded very much like AM. I was waiting for him to come out and say I am the greatest.

I hope the Doggies take him to court. If they don't it will be setting a very dangerous precedent, the IRB should not sanction his playing eligibility for the frog club he has joined.

virge666
8th August 2008, 09:27 AM
Quick Q.

If you were getting $400,000 a year and someone offered you 2mill a year. What would you do...

Scottt
8th August 2008, 09:34 AM
Go to the club I had signed with and tell them I wanted to go OS at the end of the season, sign a release saying I wouldn't play for another NRL club for 4 years, thank my fans for their support and leave.

They way he kept repeating certain phrases last night just seemed like they were put in his head by someone else, and I am certain there were breaks in filming at certain points and Khoder was in the room.

Weidler is effectively on the Nasser/Mundine payroll. There was never any risk of him pressing him on the issues, even when Sonny's responses made no sense at all and didn't answer the question.

It's a shitty way to treat people, because the Bulldogs have been very good to him. Buit I still can't wait to see what kind of rugby player he makes, because he is an amazing athlete when fit.

sms316
8th August 2008, 09:42 AM
What position will he play in Union?

Scottt
8th August 2008, 09:54 AM
Centres, probably 13.

macjackass
8th August 2008, 10:51 AM
Quick Q.

If you were getting $400,000 a year and someone offered you 2mill a year. What would you do...

So a contract means nothing?

3oneday
8th August 2008, 10:56 AM
Isn't it only $450,000 a year anyway ? At least his new manager gets a kick back now, he wasn't before.

Peter
8th August 2008, 10:57 AM
Quick Q.

Assuming I would be happy in the new role, I would tell my current employer about the offer and ask them to match it. If they couldn't get close I would walk out.

But I'm not on a fixed-term contract, and can give notice at any time. At that point I would probably be told to take some gardening leave and get walked out the door.

If I were Sonny - I would tell the club I wanted out. If they refused, I would make it in their best interests to release me. Refuse to play injured, refuse to represent the club at sponsors' events, etc. You could quickly become an expensive liability without doing anything to obviously breach your contract. It would be messy, but effective.

I don't agree with his method, but I agree with parts of his message. Loyalty in the game is dead, and the clubs killed it. Clubs have slowly increased their control over the players to the extent where they now dictate off-field behaviour and prescribe allowable activities, but haven't increased the players' compensation accordingly.

Todd Carney is the perfect example. IMO the club shouldn't be telling him what he can and can't do until it starts affecting his on-field performance. They should be concerned if a young bloke is going off the rails, and offer assistance, but that should be the extent of it.

bag_of_ants
8th August 2008, 11:04 AM
No one can deny that the way he left the bulldogs was ethically unsound - he broke a legally binding contract, an act that is wrong in any part of society, not just professional sport. That is the bleeding obvious, and he has been rightly condemned by all for those actions.

The problem is that the controversy created by him leaving in such a manner has distracted us all from the real issue - players, and now "marquee" players, are leaving the NRL left, right and centre because there is better options for them elsewhere. We are all too busy calling him names and showing our disgust to address this.

David Gallop, IMHO, has done a great job of making sure the focus of all this is purely on Sonny Bill Williams and his actions, not on the fact the NRL is at a very important crossroads in its survival.

Grunt
8th August 2008, 02:09 PM
What position will he play in Union?

Centres, probably 13.

Talk is he will start as a winger and possibly move to outside centre, they are not sure where to play him.

henno
8th August 2008, 02:14 PM
He is not a winger. Not a union winger anyhow.

The modern game calls for much bigger wingers. Drew Mitchell is one of our best players in my opinion, but whenever someone with a bit of size is running towards him, I feel a little tense.

Luckily, he generally tackles above his weight, but I think SBW would get steamrolled by a lot of the larger wingers.

Centre has got the be the best place for him. He is not game-smart enough to be a fly-half or any other playmaker.

Scottt
8th August 2008, 02:29 PM
He could, if he is massively talented, play 6 or 8, I reckon. But if he starts at 13 in French club stuff he can't get into too much trouble too early. besides, Toulon has some massive depth in the loosies in any case.

He'll have to work on his kicking game or else he could end up being another Wendell Sailor :lol:

henno
8th August 2008, 02:33 PM
He'll have to work on his kicking game or else he could end up being another Wendell Sailor :lol:

Urgh... I used to squirm everytime Wendell was caught deep with the ball in his hands.

Jarro
8th August 2008, 02:56 PM
He is not a winger. Not a union winger anyhow.

The modern game calls for much bigger wingers. Drew Mitchell is one of our best players in my opinion, but whenever someone with a bit of size is running towards him, I feel a little tense.

Luckily, he generally tackles above his weight, but I think SBW would get steamrolled by a lot of the larger wingers.

You're kidding right ?!? :-s

SBW is a fairly large chap that doesn't mind smashing guys that run straight at him ..... i think you'd find most opposing wingers in rah-rah would try and run around him.

I think he's a scumbag for what he did by the way :evil:

Sydney Hacker
8th August 2008, 03:02 PM
This story could make for some interesting followup when Willie responds...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24147801-23214,00.html

Grunt
8th August 2008, 03:13 PM
He main tackling technique is banned in Rugby, so he may not be as solid in defence when you have to both tackle and then get up to ruck & maul.

3oneday
8th August 2008, 03:36 PM
Hope he breaks his leg, twice.

Wrong Fairway
8th August 2008, 03:44 PM
He is that injury prone, I think any club that signs him is nuts.

Bye Bye $BW, and take Mason and Anasta with you

Scottt
8th August 2008, 03:46 PM
He main tackling technique is banned in Rugby, so he may not be as solid in defence when you have to both tackle and then get up to ruck & maul.

When I was playing for Hawkesbury Valley we got a bloke from the Panthers reserves who gave up pro footy and just wanted to have a run each Saturday followed by some beers.

He was a second rower in league but we chucked him in the centres for his first game of union. He had no idea the shoulder charge was banned and about 10 minutes in he put on the most bone-rattling hit I have ever seen. The bloke didn't move for 5 minutes, winded, concussed, embarrassed... the lot.

The ref gave him 10 in the bin and the player blew up asking "what the f**k for?!", our captain had to explain to him that the shoulder charge was illegal in union :lol: we'd overlooked telling him that in the 5 minute rundown on rugby union he got before the game.

Dazza
8th August 2008, 03:55 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24147863-23214,00.html (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24147863-23214,00.html)

Bulldogs' SBW injunction granted

By staff writers
August 08, 2008
THE New South Wales supreme court has granted the NRL and the Bulldogs an injunction to prevent Sonny Bill Williams from playing for French rugby club Toulon tonight.
Williams seems to have snubbed the court, by failing to send any representatives to the injunction hearing.

The court was satisfied Williams and Toulon received the legal papers requesting him to appear in court, after receiving confirmation that they were served to the player after they were thrown over a fence at the Toulon training ground and then handed to Williams.

The NRL and the Bulldogs could face months of legal wrangling in France in their attempt to stop Williams playing rugby union there.

International sports law experts say while the French are likely to take the Australian-issued injunction seriously; they will have to be convinced that they should enforce the order on their home soil.

Williams also faces the prospect of being sued if he ignores the injunction and plays with his new Top 14 rugby club Toulon in the south of France in line with the one-year contract he recently signed.

One London-based international sports lawyer, who asked not to be named, said it was possible to have the injunction enforced based on a series of complex global treaties.

However it is unlikely to be a speedy process, with the French courts possibly even wanting to retry the case before making a decision.

"The rules relating to that are really complicated and require a court in France to enforce a judgment in Sydney will have to go through loads of hoops to make sure that works," the lawyer told AAP.

"The Australians will find it quite difficult to get an injunction and stop him playing in France this weekend.

"It's complicated and will be quite difficult to do."

The Australian-based legal firm Gadens Lawyers also believes there is a chance the French courts could reject the injunction.

"The French courts may take the view that enforcing the injunction would be against French public policy as it prevents a person from carrying on their trade," the firm said in an overview of the case published on its website.

Before the NSW Supreme Court ruling, Williams' new club was playing down the effect any injunction would have on their new star recruit.

"His contract is not contestable," Nicolas Pironneau, the club's talent scout who helped lure Williams to the south of France, told local newspaper Var-Matin.

"He is as free to play rugby and at RCT (Rugby Club Toulon) as he is to come from football or pole vaulting."

But Williams does face the prospect of being sued if he ignores the injunction and returns to Australia at any time in the future.

"My instinct is if he flouts the injunction and sets foot in Australia he will probably be a wanted man and sought for contempt of court for ignoring the judgment," another sports lawyer said.

3oneday
8th August 2008, 06:51 PM
Yep, but he wont be back. Wouldnt it be funny if he entered the country once to play for the All Blacks and was arrested upon entry :lol:

Scottt
9th August 2008, 08:30 AM
MBW played alright last night by all reports, but wouldn't ya know it, he did spend 10 in the bin for a shoulder charge! :lol:

3oneday
9th August 2008, 02:35 PM
Hehe, thought of this when I heard that :lol:

goughy
13th July 2016, 09:02 PM
http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/anthony-mundine-receives-harsh-critique-in-us-press/news-story/bbc195bc6f20cee825f53b65377df139