PDA

View Full Version : My Swing Using the Squeeze Board

addamsmith
6th August 2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Guys
This is a video of me using the squeeze Board, I used the board with PeterD yesterday in a lesson.
Peter was amazed at the difference at impact after a hour on the Little Blue Board
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3_sIIqD_0

Addam

Jarro
6th August 2008, 05:29 PM
Ok ... that looks interesting ... what's it all about ?

Iain
6th August 2008, 05:54 PM
Is that replicating hitting balls out of a divot??

addamsmith
6th August 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys
Okay this is what it does, It gives you instant feedback if you have throwaway at the top of your swing.
After a while of hitting balls your divot is in front of the ball (ask Pete )
The idea is to place the ball at the end of the Cutaway of the Board as shown in the picture.

addamsmith
6th August 2008, 09:22 PM
This is some of the things it helps with,
Flat left Wrist through the Ball
Shanking ( oh I hate that word )
Fat shots/thin shots
Squaring up the club face at address
Much more distance by compression of the ball.
Where this works great is if you are slicing and your divots are cutting across to the left, set the board up to the right of the target and set yourself up square to the target, do your normal takeaway and try to bring the club down through the cut out towards the right of the target.
I had PeteD Divots so much cleaner and at the target to a little right in no time.
I use this a lot in lessons when a student wants to feel good clean contact.
The whole idea is DO NOT Hit The Board on the Downswing.
Pete was hitting a PW consistently 105 meters

Toolish
6th August 2008, 09:23 PM
Shouldn't the ball be closer to the start of the cut out...after all you can still hit it an inch fat and miss the board there?

addamsmith
6th August 2008, 09:28 PM
You start from here and work the ball back, One thing Toolish is if one of my students is hitting fat I put the ball back about 2 inches.
So if you are dipping or even casting it will make you very aware that the board is there. Every time Pete hit a fat shot he hit the board.

markTHEblake
6th August 2008, 09:34 PM
Oh no, i couldnt use that, i would hit the ground first behind the board.

virge666
6th August 2008, 09:34 PM
But it looks very expensive... Can I afford to purchase that item on my low salary ?

addamsmith
6th August 2008, 09:35 PM
Just Dont cut up the wifes chopping Board when she is not around like I did

markTHEblake
6th August 2008, 09:39 PM
you think its safer to cut it up when she is around?

its not as if she is going to use all of it anyway.

Rusty
7th August 2008, 11:42 PM
just make sure to leave her the bit ya cut out

BrisVegas
8th August 2008, 01:07 PM
great idea. there's a spare chopping board at home that mrsbv isn't using....

addamsmith
8th August 2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Bris
Start off with small swings ( chipping ) work your way up to pitching and then full swings. Let me know how you go.
Addam

Jarro
8th August 2008, 06:57 PM
Couldn't you also make it our of cardboard or something of similar density ?

I'd be scared shitless trying to hit a ball that was sitting that close to something made out of wood :shock:

Grunt
8th August 2008, 07:00 PM
Would Chip board Suffice? I have some laying around the garage. Should be easy to knock up.

PeteyD
8th August 2008, 07:05 PM
Anything that can get smashed with a club. Although a cheap plastic cutting board seems the best idea.

Grunt
8th August 2008, 07:07 PM
Hey Adam can you give us a rough guide on what measurements to make it? I might try to knock one up tomorrow,

virge666
8th August 2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Adam can you give us a rough guide on what measurements to make it? I might try to knock one up tomorrow,

You can pretty much use anything... even a glove place 12" behind the ball. I use old grips filled with sand and place them around the ball.

This is a sensational aid as it offers immediate feedback, a lot of the teachers I worked with in the USA used this approach and it had great results. The common saying was to "keep putting shit in the way"

This is also one of the best aids in the world when doing pitching drills.

...and it costs nothing.

AndyP
8th August 2008, 07:55 PM
Why is it called a squeeze board?

markTHEblake
8th August 2008, 07:59 PM
Yep. putting stuff in the way is a good one, works really well. :-(

My mate made me put my golf bag in front of me to make me hit a fade around it. I missed the bag to the right.....

I tried to do it with one of range buckets at Nudgee (a solid plastic bucket). All i heard was a bang and the bucket was goooorn.

addamsmith
9th August 2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Guys
My one is
1 cm thick
40 cm long
25 cm wide
The cut out is
18 cm from the front to the back deep
14 cm across the front of cut out.
The only I use the plastic is if you hit it, it will not hurt the club and it make a loud sound.When pete tried it he straight away knew when he made a bad swing and it is great to carry in your bag.
But as Verge said you can use anything really.
I called it squeeze board because years ago when I first started to use it I was using the old Titleist Ball ( Balata) and many times I felt like I was Compacting the ball and Squeezing the S$#t out of it.