PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Norman Grind's

Fishman Dan
17th November 2004, 11:28 AM
I am going to sell my clubs (eventually), but haven't really got an idea of price.

Here's a set - brand new - listed on eBay. 5 Days to go and they are at $100 already :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36219&item=7114405854&rd=1

If you wish to show any interest, PM me with an offer. I have pics if you want them. I've used them for 2.5 years and looked after them pretty well, usual bag chatter but i don't throw clubs or wrap them around trees playing risky shots ;)

:idea: I've got a 9* driver and 15* 3-wood that came with it. 11 clubs total.

damoocow
17th November 2004, 01:42 PM
Fishboy - I'll give you $100 for the irons and I'll pay the postage - - or alternatively I'll give you $15 for the 3 wood - anything else for sale - car / marbles / fish?
damoocow

Fishman Dan
17th November 2004, 01:47 PM
Fishboy - I'll give you $100 for the irons and I'll pay the postage - - or alternatively I'll give you $15 for the 3 wood - anything else for sale - car / marbles / fish?
damoocow

Woo, scary. I was just moments ago wondering if i put an ad up here for a 1987 Commodore VL statiowagon, 12 months rego, a little over 200k km's, metallic blue colour, roof racks power/air/auto for about $2200 o.b.o. (should be "o.a.o." - or any offer) if anyone would get upset?!

I will consider the offer for the clubs, ideally looking for around $150. Delivery can be negotiable as i will be up near border-country around Xmas / New Years, and intend on making a couple of cross border trips.

3oneday
17th November 2004, 03:22 PM
How come you didn't set up this thread as a poll ? :?:
That would be:
1> are they worth $100 ?
2> are they worth $150 ?
3> My favourite option, slightly altered in this particular instance," I'll pay you, if you'll take'em off me !!!! "

:roll: :lol: :lol: 8)

Fishman Dan
17th November 2004, 03:29 PM
I am tempted to sweeten a pending deal with the Nissan inline 6 ;) :roll:

Fishman Dan
18th November 2004, 10:26 AM
a 1987 Commodore VL statiowagon, 12 months rego, a little over 200k km's, metallic blue colour, roof racks power/air/auto for about $2200 o.b.o. (should be "o.a.o." - or any offer) if anyone would get upset?!

Sorry, i forgot to mention it's the TP (Tour Preferred) version of the VL, with the Nissan Inline 6 3 litre engine (rebadged Holden, but it's the Nissan engine).

AndyP
18th November 2004, 10:37 AM
a 1987 Commodore VL statiowagon, 12 months rego, a little over 200k km's, metallic blue colour, roof racks power/air/auto for about $2200 o.b.o. (should be "o.a.o." - or any offer) if anyone would get upset?!

Sorry, i forgot to mention it's the TP (Tour Preferred) version of the VL, with the Nissan Inline 6 3 litre engine (rebadged Holden, but it's the Nissan engine).
Same engine I had in my Skyline, that I traded in at the start of the year. :cry:
Good engine. If it's only done just over 200,000 km, then the engine has another 300,000 km to go before it karks it. :cool:

McMw
19th November 2004, 06:08 PM
FD....

get rid of those, and get the new Cobra irons... :D

KC 3100 Something Irons (http://www.golfsmith.com/ps/ppage.php?stynum=COB3150&lcode=EPS447CIH&PHPSESSID=ac9c971f6011c6bccc2281d2a411d544)[/b]

goughy
19th November 2004, 08:44 PM
Unfortunately that model was a dime a dozen a while ago. Our pro-shop had stacks of them and they were pretty cheap. I don't think they were quite up with some of the othe models.

Hope I haven't broken your heart.

Fishman Dan
20th November 2004, 09:58 AM
Mau - i'm trying mate, i'm trying! ;)

eBay sale up to $152 now people, with 2 days to go!

Make me an offer!

[Is this what you'd call a *bump*?]

3oneday
20th November 2004, 01:06 PM
bump, beg, same thing :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 10:09 AM
Hmm, 3 hrs to go on that sale on eBay and they're up to $242 - and this is WITHOUT the woods.

You know where to find me. Xmas is coming. Ideal birthday gift?

3oneday
22nd November 2004, 11:39 AM
Ebay is a funny thing, there is a brand new 2ball Odyssey on there at the moment, 6 days to run, $305 already :shock: . They currently retail for $270 :shock: . You could subsequently list your clubs on there and get bugger all, luck of the draw I guess.

Pete

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 12:01 PM
Ebay is a funny thing, there is a brand new 2ball Odyssey on there at the moment, 6 days to run, $305 already :shock: . They currently retail for $270 :shock: . You could subsequently list your clubs on there and get bugger all, luck of the draw I guess.

Pete

Put it this way, i'm listing my clubs here and getting stuff all :lol:

(By the way, i'm only asking for stuff-all too!)

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 09:46 PM
Well there we have it - AU $295.50 for a new set.

So grab yourself a bargain kiddies. Nearly Xmas you know!

And if you won't believe me...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36219&item=7114405854&rd=1

3oneday
22nd November 2004, 09:57 PM
I may regret this question, but have you found a replacement for these antiques yet ???

Pete

PS, I'll give you $50 for your sticks if you donate the money to Starlight... :lol:

McMw
22nd November 2004, 10:23 PM
Well there we have it - AU $295.50 for a new set.
So grab yourself a bargain kiddies. Nearly Xmas you know!
And if you won't believe me...

FD...
knowing what you do now, why don't you just shove your sticks onto ebay then???

Fishman Dan
22nd November 2004, 11:18 PM
FD...
knowing what you do now, why don't you just shove your sticks onto ebay then???

Mau, point has been made i guess but I don't reckon i'll do anything hasty at the moment. Can't afford anything tomorrow with club memberships, Xmas, car rego etc.

I chucked it out here to see if there was any interest - i've had some but nothing that makes it worthwhile for me right now. I'll hang on until the new year unless a show-stopper appears.

And then i'll have to put in for Cap Ex approval again ;)

Fishman Dan
7th December 2004, 12:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1519&item=7118266812&rd=1

*ahem*

*Cough*

*Splutter*

(No, these aren't mine... but obviously worth a bob-or-two ;))

Fishman Dan
13th January 2005, 04:56 PM
$150 O.B.O.

Driver, 3-SW.

I'll even give you a choice of the driver that came with it, or the MaxFli jobby i picked up later in life.

Fishman Dan
13th January 2005, 05:09 PM
Is this a similar mistake to Warnie's shirt on Ebay that had too many zero's in it ? :roll:

I'll even chuck in one of Golfer13's funniest jokes to sweeten the deal... :roll:

Here's one - Hole 2, Ocean Shores Country Club.

AndyP
13th January 2005, 05:35 PM
I'll even chuck in one of Golfer13's funniest jokes to sweeten the deal... :roll:

:smt046
Nice one, Fish. :lol:

Trung
13th January 2005, 06:08 PM

That's a super sledge and very little comeback from me.....HOWEVER even after racking up that number I managed to beat a couple home on the day....I recall you were one of them !!

=D> :smt005 :smt029

terryand
13th January 2005, 06:44 PM

That's a super sledge and very little comeback from me.....HOWEVER even after racking up that number I managed to beat a couple home on the day....I recall you were one of them !!

Doesn't matter how good the sledge is....the scoreboard always win and has the final say :wink:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
13th January 2005, 08:50 PM

I can take a lot out of that day... sharing a cart with Jarro, slow group (note - slowness was waiting for Jarro to load a ball on those Stinger Tees 18 times in a day :roll: :lol:) - but for one, there was no double-digit score on my card ;)

A couple of 8's however :oops:

3oneday
13th January 2005, 08:59 PM
$150 O.B.O.

Driver, 3-SW.

I'll even give you a choice of the driver that came with it, or the MaxFli jobby i picked up later in life.give me $50 and I'll take em....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
24th February 2005, 10:49 PM
Ahem.... *cough* *splutter*...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7136277128&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

:wink:

Trung
24th February 2005, 10:59 PM
hahahaha.. thats funny :lol:

Best wishes :lol:

Fishman Dan
24th February 2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, well.. i think my emoticon should have been.......

[-o<

:roll:

I've got 7 'Watchers' if that means diddley, but we'll see what happens around midday Saturday.

3oneday
25th February 2005, 03:44 PM
I've got 7 'Watchers' if that means diddleyno Dan, what that means is there will be a bidding frenzy in 20 hours time 8) 8)

or not

it could also mean there are another 7 Cobra Norman Rind owners wondering how the hell much their clubs are worth :wink: :cry:

or not

otherwise, 6 Ozgolfers have a put a watch on for you, the 7th guy, well he is playing tomorrow when the auction is due to finish. When he gets home, he will email you and ask you to pay him $50 to take em off your hands :P :P :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
25th February 2005, 04:30 PM
no Dan, what that means is there will be a bidding frenzy in 20 hours time 8) 8)

That's what i was quietly hoping for...
"3oneday"]it could also mean there are another 7 Cobra Norman Rind owners wondering how the hell much their clubs are worth :wink: :cry:

Well..... I'VE certainly never done this in the past!!!!! :^o

otherwise, 6 Ozgolfers have a put a watch on for you

Why do you think i only slapped the link in here last night ;)

the 7th guy, well he is playing tomorrow when the auction is due to finish. When he gets home, he will email you and ask you to pay him $50 to take em off your hands :P :P :P

The "7th guy" needn't call me, i'll call the "7th guy" ;) :D

3oneday
25th February 2005, 07:07 PM
Why do you think i only slapped the link in here last night ;)oh, and 50% of the Ozgolf users don't scan ebay every now and then :wink: :wink:

Remember that recent search I did, where I just typed in "crap" ???? :wink:

Well................... :shock:
:lol: :lol:

3oneday
26th February 2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, well.. i think my emoticon should have been.......

[-o< get your $50 ready mate.......

Hard luck... :cry:

Webster
26th February 2005, 08:38 PM
Fishman,

I hope you dont mind me offering a few observations on your auction. Heck, I even owned a set of Norman Grinds at one stage! However, your ebay auction was doomed from the start for the following reasons:

1. You have no feedback - big mistake to try to sell without establishing some credibilty first. The buyers wont trust you with a "0" beside your name. Buy some cheap stuff to establish some bona fide's. Alternatively, get a mate with lots of feedback to sell them for you.

2. You need to start the auction at $1 and let it run. That way buyers will be attracted to the thought of getting a bargain, and will keep coming back for more looks. If you are worried about the auction ending at too low a price, you can always get a mate to put in a dummy bid to protect your notional reserve.

3. Never end an auction at an odd time such as a Saturday morning at 11am. No golfers will be on ebay then - they will most likely be on the course. Sunday and Monday evenings are when you want your auction ending (in my experience)

Norman Grinds have brought reasonable $$$$$'s in the past, up to $250 so its worth another try - but follow the "rules" above.

Good luck

Jack

goughy
26th February 2005, 08:42 PM
Clikchic's always had best results from thursday night finishes, but weekend nights are always a go'er I spose.

McMw
26th February 2005, 09:02 PM
great work Jack... :D

good luck with ur next try FD...get someone to sell it for ya... :wink:

Jono
26th February 2005, 09:19 PM
Fishy,

Jack's given you some good advice re: Ebay. I just want to ask you where you got this from:

Q: What does grind mean? Answered on 25-Feb-05

A: In clubmaking terms "Grind" is the process of building the club from the base material. The phrase 'Norman Grind' indicates that the club was built to Norman's specifications. The head design of the Norman Grind was brought to Cobra by Greg Norman after he left an equipment contract with Spalding.

Did Norman ever play with these clubs? What do you mean by "Norman's specs"? Lie? Loft? Camber? Or ... were you just shooting fireballs from your arse? :wink: :lol:

PS: Note that my original word A-R-S-E got changed to bum ... just doesn't have the same bite ... :lol:

Fishman Dan
26th February 2005, 09:56 PM
Jack - appreciate the feedback, good stuff. Here's my rebuttle (sp?);

1 - My 0 doesn't really concern me, i guess I'm kinda praying on someone like me - when i first started sussing out eBay I didn't know what to make of those repeat offenders. I guess it comes into play for others.

2 - $150 was my starting price, because frankly 1 bid and i was over the moon. Note - i don't *have* to sell these clubs to fund anything else, just to liquidate them. Though the $1 bid tactic is duly noted and may come into play next time. I've also noticed them go for all sorts of prices, though i think one bloke out there (bh_neilpalmer) ups his own bids.

3 - Thanks for the heads up on timing. I basically got up last weekend, did some morning jobs and went on to put up the auction. I'll be wary of that next time.

Jono - Legend has it that the design of this club head was similar to that used by Norman in the early/mid 90's with his previous sponsor. He came on board with the design in his head and put pen to paper with the Cobra goons. That's a story i heard, and i'll stick with it.

Fishman Dan
26th February 2005, 11:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36219&item=7135846968&rd=1

It's a mugs game. :roll:

Fishman Dan
27th February 2005, 09:52 PM
Deal Pending 8)

[I've always wanted to do that ;)]

3oneday
28th February 2005, 08:44 AM
Deal Pending 8)
what did you offer him ??

:lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
28th February 2005, 09:05 AM