PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Music

Jarro
15th May 2004, 10:08 AM
i know it's been done before, but it hasn't been done here yet :roll:

I'm a rocker from way back so i love the harder stuff ... Led Zepp, The Who, AC/DC ... all the great rock bands.

Being as i'm a muso as well, i also appreciate technically progressive bands .... like Tool, Rush, Tea Party, King Crimson ... etc.

what do the rest of you like :?: :smt020

Golfgirl
15th May 2004, 10:18 AM
I am eclectic in my music tastes, I love everything from hard rock, to pop music to blues/jazz to classical..... :shock: I have everything in the CD collection - Dire Straits, Eagles, Eric Clapton, America, Norah Jones, Shannon Noll, Anastasia, Harry Conick Jnr, Aerosmith, Tommy Emmanuel and Best of 70's and 80's - that's just what is sitting next to the CD player waiting to be put away..... :shock: :lol: :lol:

I'm an ex-muso, so I love just about anything, but I must admit, I am finding it harder and harder to come across much worth listening to these days.... is music just getting monotonous? :?

Jarro
15th May 2004, 10:24 AM
I'm an ex-muso

hey cool Golfgirl \:D/

Did you play in bands :?: What instrument did/do you play :?:

Golfgirl
15th May 2004, 10:28 AM
10 years classical/jazz training playing flute, but I dabbled with piano, sax and trumpet....

Played in high school concert band and jazz band as well as various ensembles.... nothing terribly exciting....

Stopped playing really when I left school - always mean to take it up again, but haven't had the time.... :? (must be all the golfing and internet browsing I do.... :lol: )

What do you play?

Jarro
15th May 2004, 10:34 AM
i started playing drums when i was 15. been playing in rock bands ever since 8)

at the moment i'm playing in the "Australian Meatloaf Tribute Show"

great fun :smt023

get back into it GG, the world needs more muso's :smt002

McMw
15th May 2004, 12:43 PM
never grew up with the aussie rock...or the punk era...thank god!!! :shock: :lol:

abs loving Eamon (!@#$ It) and Frankee (FURB) atm!!! 8)

terryand
15th May 2004, 05:09 PM
Right now listening to a mix of So new stuff

Sean paul,Pink,Evanescence,Outcast,Black eyed peas and good ol John Butler Trio.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
15th May 2004, 08:35 PM
I love to listen to anything from Beatles to Bowie, but my favourite bands are Sonic Youth (thrashy/grungy.... oh baby) and Beastie Boys. I'll listen to anything remotely decent - i.e. anything shown on RAGE on Saturday/Sunday mornings does not fall into this category.

Those of you still browsing other boards know of my Dead Kennedy fetish

"I'd love to slip my slim sword in, Kim Gordon"
(from the song "**** Mobster", artist unknown. Kim Gordon is the lead singer of Sonic Youth).

goughy
16th May 2004, 07:03 AM
I'm a drummer too ](*,)

My taste is pretty varied. I luuuuuuuuuv jaz and fusion. Dianna Krall's live dvd from paris is sweet. Probably the most played dvd in my collection is a recent paul mccartney tour. Which is funny because I'm not a big beatles fan. Luv the stones tho. My life was complete when I finally saw them in concert last tour.

Dave Matthews band is cool. Also liking my led zepplin and jimmy hendrix live dvd's. As you can tell I'm a big fan of live music. I listen to more live dvd's and cd's than studio stuff.I just like to know that when a band records something they can actually play it. I'm also a fan of sting, but strangely enough have very little of his music :? Living Colour was also one of my favourite all time bands.

A james morrison dvd I've got freaks me out. That guy is a freak of nature. What he could have done had he wanted to spend more time in the states and europe than he has. Miles eat your heart out. I also like Coltrane and Bill Evans.

I've =P~ on enough now. Let's just say I like lots of different music and leave it at that.

gazgolf1
16th May 2004, 07:32 AM
Right now listening to a mix of So new stuff

Sean paul,Pink,Evanescence,Outcast,Black eyed peas and good ol John Butler Trio.

Terry.

Wow Tezza, :shock:

I like everything there except that Sean Paul goose,I thought you would have been a Cold Chisel fan :wink:

gazgolf1
16th May 2004, 07:39 AM
I'm a 80's boy =D>
Early INXS,The Fixx,Early U2,Kingswamp,just stuff that I did my best drinking to :smt020

Courty
16th May 2004, 08:33 AM
Since I saw them live in concert recently, I have really been getting into The Cat Empire. I love their stuff. Makes me wanna get up and dance. But I don't, I just boogie inside :D
I'm an ex-muso too. (I once learnt to play the chords from every Transvision Vamp song :wink: )

Golfgirl
16th May 2004, 09:37 AM
Matt and I went to see the Stones concert last year also Goughy - it was great!!! Wasn't that big a fan before Matt dragged me along, but I am converted now... :lol:

I did a jazz workshop with James Morrison once - the guy is unbelievable! I though that I was pretty darn good at transposing music from key to key for different instruments - he just blew me out of the water by doing multiple transpositions!! :shock: Must say though, he always looks on the verge of having a stroke when he plays.... :lol: :lol:

drunken
16th May 2004, 09:37 AM
i love it all :D

Pretty much anything NOT in the Top 40 8) although occasionally a goodie sneaks in.

Really into my older stuff eg. Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Hendrix at the moment.

But still love all the new stuff :D

mike
16th May 2004, 10:15 AM
All sorts.

Dire Straits, Queen, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay , Jet, Smash Mouth.

Pretty broad taste in music.

Hate techno and doof music.

Goughy and Jarro, , you know what they call someone that hangs around musicians ?

goughy
16th May 2004, 10:26 AM
The Roadie....

Maybe it's the Singer...

Couldn't possibly be the drummer.

Why were drum machines so popular in the 80's. They only had to punch the information into a drum machine once.

mike
16th May 2004, 11:00 AM
Now hold on a minute, what have you got against roadies :D

I'm a part time roadie. My wife is part of a duo that does gigs up this way every now and then.

I do all the setting up. 2 Maton acoustics, electric Gibson, pedals, mikes, midi player ( sorry guys ) then while they're playing I'm the sound man. I twiddle knobs on the mixer not because I know what I'm doing, just makes me look like I know what I'm doing. :? :D

markTHEblake
16th May 2004, 12:21 PM
I have tastes all over the shop, probably all genres except C&W, although I didnt mind the Duet that KLF did with Tammy Wynnette - does that count as C&W?

My Traditional favourites include Meatloaf, KLF and all their other names, anything by Giorgio Moroder, ZZ top, Suzi Quatro, Dr Alban and pretty much any Techno covers, and of course the Beatles (but not the Rutles).

goughy
16th May 2004, 01:17 PM
Suzi Quatro, now there is a blast from the past.

I used to listen to her greatest hits all the time.

Jarro
16th May 2004, 01:28 PM
Goughy and Jarro, , you know what they call someone that hangs around musicians ?

yeah .... a drug dealer :smt028

AndyP
16th May 2004, 07:46 PM
I'm a big Prince fan. Went to his concert last year. Fantastic! His new album is back to his best too.

Also listen to Jamiroquai, Live, Kylie, a bit all over the shop really. Don't mind a bit of 70's disco either.

Courty
16th May 2004, 09:01 PM
Also listen to Jamiroquai... Don't mind a bit of 70's disco either.

A man after my own heart. I love Jamiroquai. I have the DVD of their concert in Verona. It gets a lot of playtime.
I was born too late. I should have grown up in the 70's. I love flares and platform shoes. :shock: :roll: :wink:

AndyP
16th May 2004, 09:39 PM
Also listen to Jamiroquai... Don't mind a bit of 70's disco either.

A man after my own heart. I love Jamiroquai. I have the DVD of their concert in Verona. It gets a lot of playtime.
I was born too late. I should have grown up in the 70's. I love flares and platform shoes. :shock: :roll: :wink:
Good DVD. They massacred "Singing in the Rain" though. :wink:

I used to go to a nightclub party that would be on before most public holidays called Flares. They either played only 70's on the night, or 80's or combo. Boogie Oogie oogie! Would get dressed up for the affair too.

wavemaker
17th May 2004, 02:08 PM
this weekend i listened to 4 men and a dog. pavarotti, edith piaf, the pigrams, live and pink floyd. dark side of the moon is my favourite album, but im old so im allowed.

Golfgirl
17th May 2004, 06:09 PM
pink floyd. dark side of the moon is my favourite album, but im old so im allowed.

Careful now... I own at least a couple of Pink Floyd albums myself.... and I confess that I pinched Dad's Iron Butterfly and Steppenwolf albums a couple of years ago.... :wink:

Eag's
17th May 2004, 07:12 PM
I listen to a wide range. Anything from the Eagles right up to Lincon Park.
Have always been a fan of Metalica....does rock get any better than that :?: :D

Been right into Nickleback lately and went along to thier concert which was fantastic :smt026

damoocow
17th May 2004, 07:52 PM
As long as it's not the Beatles I am usually happy - oh yeah no Rap or Hip Hop and no Disco either - and no faggy Nirvana Grunge - oh and you can piss off modern ****** R and B and while you're at it exclude Farnham and his boring as shit cronies - mmmn - what's left ? - well whatever it is I like it !
damoocow
screamfeeder/gazoonga attack/rezillos/motorhead/go betweens/xtc/sabbath/who/aampirellas/supersuckers/etc