PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 28th July

Grunt
1st August 2008, 03:17 PM
What's going on here? It is Friday and no one has played this week?

Played with Trung & G69 @ Bonnie Doon this morning/Afternoon. Boy it was windy!

Had a good round, was a great comeback to the 110 I had there a few weeks back.
Skins was the game and Trung took out the honours with 8 Skins, I had 7 1/2 & G69 struggled all day to get 2 1/2. The half was from both G69 & I parring the last.

Hit the ball good but short game was crappy. Putting was terrible but that may just being not used to the pace of the Bonnie Doon Greens and also some tough pins.

Trung & Rich thanks for a great fun day out.

Stats

92 Gross
75 Nett
32 points
6 Pars :lol:
2 Wipes
8/12 Fairways
5 GIR
39 Putts (4x 3 Putts)
1/9 Up & Downs
0/2 Sand Saves

AndyP
1st August 2008, 03:20 PM
Were they giving you shit the whole way around or are they soft****s when they are not behind a keyboard? ;)

Grunt
1st August 2008, 03:22 PM
I was giving more than I copped I think.

Courty
1st August 2008, 06:39 PM
Golfer69 is a hack. :lol:

Julie
2nd August 2008, 08:20 AM
Grunt, did you see Brett Ogle there.

jaybam
2nd August 2008, 05:13 PM
No golf this week for me :( Broke two toes last night chasing the kids around. Oh well i had fun till it happened. Rest up before the clubs fourball champs next week.

Eag's
2nd August 2008, 05:18 PM
No golf this week for me :( Broke two toes last night chasing the kids around. Oh well i had fun till it happened. Rest up before the clubs fourball champs next week.

Bugger JB that is no good :(

jimandr
2nd August 2008, 05:18 PM
In a strong breeze today, I was quite happy with my 34 points. I didn't hit the ball all that well, but the putts started dropping, so the score was OK.

Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens in reg = 6 of 18
Putts = 33, 2 threeputts, 1 birdie
Up&Down = 3 of 9
1 penalty shot

shazza_rs
2nd August 2008, 06:14 PM
Played nudgee today with the ladies...

Had 32 points

Not entirely unhappy with my score. Driver was very well behaved and my irons have gone to the dogs.... i was in soooooooo many greenside traps i think my ball was telling me he wanted a beachside holiday.

jaybam
2nd August 2008, 06:15 PM
Hey at least you got to play Shazza. How did the putter go?? And your driver is always well behaved.

haysey
2nd August 2008, 06:30 PM

Must be the week for it.

Missed the monthly medal today because I dislocated a finger playing basketball:roll:

JustSneaky
2nd August 2008, 06:31 PM
Drove like dog today.Six over the front, even par on the back, 37points:-k

jaybam
2nd August 2008, 06:31 PM
I feel your pain Hayesy. Nothing like geting great golf weather and not playing lol

haysey
2nd August 2008, 06:37 PM
I feel your pain Hayesy. Nothing like geting great golf weather and not playing lol

Absolutely perfect weather for it to mate:mad:.

Teach me to box out a 7 footer:lol:

adlo
2nd August 2008, 07:57 PM
Drove the ball like I had never played golf before. Bloody windy day in Perth which just punished me all the more. Was hacking out of the bushes on 10 holes. Hit a total of 2 fairways :( When I pulled it together on a few holes I bloody 3 putted. So, my shots out of the crap were quite good today.

89 gross/73 nett
35 points
2 fairways
6 GIR
1/3 SS
3 U&D's
34 putts (2 3 putts)

Courty
2nd August 2008, 10:40 PM
Absolutely perfect weather for it to mate:mad:.

It was, too. ;) Not that I really took advantage of that fact. :roll: 90/82 but won the money on the last hole. :twisted:

Teach me to box out a 7 footer:lol:

Now THAT I can help you with. I played basketball for many years.

Bruce
3rd August 2008, 09:16 AM
Stroke at Neanger Park.

Total Golfing Failure.

A well constructed century with some strong pulls, pierced the field with some strong chips.

101 nett 83
42 putts!!!!!!!

After 3 weeks on the slow shaggy greens at Mirboo, Neanger was like ice rinks with glad wrap over the holes. Needless to say, I adjusted poorly. I think there was only 2 holes that didn't have a disaster of some kind in it.

Update: As bad as it was I might not slit my wrists just yet. I only finished about 2/3 of the way down the field.

oz
3rd August 2008, 04:29 PM
Monthly Medal at Howlong yesterday. Toughest pins I have ever seen there, and I had a bad day out with the putter. Too many 3 putts early, and then a few silly shots given away late in the round while just mucking about (hitting driver on short tight holes, trying to reach the green). Finished with an 81 - nett 74. Pretty windy conditions means that was not so bad - T15th.

Grunt
3rd August 2008, 06:01 PM
Played @ Dunheved this afternoon with 3oneday, Pinglauncher & PinglauncherJNR. Was not a good golf day for me at all, swing was too fast all day and resultant ballstriking was pretty poor. Hit some shockers and hit some good shots, 5 wipes was never going to let me have a good score.

Some surprising results from my stats though.

Stats

25 Points
100 Gross
83 Nett
4 Fairways
4 Pars
1 GIR
29 putts (1x 3 putt, 8x 1 putt)
6/6 Up & downs
1/4 Sand Saves
6 Penalty Strokes

Next Game : Thursday or Friday this week.

Scottt
3rd August 2008, 07:07 PM
Jimandr and I played at Windsor.

Great day weather and company-wise.

Jim had 35 (with 3 wipes) and I had 34 (with six one-pointers).

Course was really enjoyable, just as I remembered it.

jimandr
3rd August 2008, 08:24 PM
As Scottt said, 35 points for me at Windsor today. I played better than that, and hit some really good iron approaches. 2 early doubles killed any chance of a really good score, but it was an encouraging day.

Fairways = 7 of 13
Greens in reg = 7 of 18
Putts = 30, zero 3putts, zero birdies
Up&Down = 3 of 6
Sand Saves = 2 of 2

JustSneaky
3rd August 2008, 08:54 PM
Grunt is Dunheved near St.Mary's? I was raised out there.

Scott,I was born in Windsor,lol rels lived in wilborforce.

Grunt
3rd August 2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah near St Mary's out the back behind an industrial complex.

JustSneaky
3rd August 2008, 09:09 PM
Wasn't a bad old track,25yrs back.

Scottt
4th August 2008, 08:08 AM
As Scottt said, 35 points for me at Windsor today. I played better than that, and hit some really good iron approaches. 2 early doubles killed any chance of a really good score, but it was an encouraging day.

Fairways = 7 of 13
Greens in reg = 7 of 18
Putts = 30, zero 3putts, zero birdies
Up&Down = 3 of 6
Sand Saves = 2 of 2

They're some good numbers.

For me 6/13 fairways, 6/18 greens, 33 putts (two three-putts).

I still can't believe that other bloke was a five marker...

dc68
4th August 2008, 08:18 AM
I played the club foursomes with my brother yesterday and after 4 or 5 r/u finishes we finally one one..... Tough day (as 4somes usually is). We won it with a pair of 78s :oops:.

Oh well no one had better so I suppose it will do.

JustSneaky
4th August 2008, 08:25 AM
Well done dc68! No shame in 78's that would get up in quite a few clubs.:smt038:smt038
What was your combined handicaps?

AndyP
4th August 2008, 08:45 AM
I had a 9 hole pitch n putt at Corinda yesterday. I went crap and can't putt on those greens (+7).

I was happy to see that Mitchell was into it more than usual. In the past he would pull out the "I'm tired" line halfway around, but yesterday he hit off every tee and putted on every green (picked up in between several times).

dc68
4th August 2008, 09:10 AM
Well done dc68! No shame in 78's that would get up in quite a few clubs.:smt038:smt038
What was your combined handicaps?

Thanks...

I am off 4 and he is off 2 which gave us a 3 cap. Only 1 nett score better than our nett 150 and that was 149 by a couple of my mates one on 5 and the other on 14.

JustSneaky
4th August 2008, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a tough weekend.The net winners bout 5 over handicap?

dc68
4th August 2008, 09:39 AM
Yep that is correct.

BrisVegas
4th August 2008, 11:07 AM
single stab from the plates at Pacific Harbour yesterday. Have been a bit crook lately and probably shouldn't have played. Everything was just a bit off. 5 wipes through missed tee shots left & right. Hit some nice iron shots on the par 3's, but putted poorly as well... All added up to 26 points (9 & 17).

Pac Harbour was in good nik as always. The bunkers were a lot fluffier than I remembered. Greens were fast and true.

PeteyD
4th August 2008, 02:40 PM
Nice win Dave.

Dion - Sounds like Pac Harbour still likes to punish anything a little wayward!

BrisVegas
4th August 2008, 04:09 PM
course was fine. i hit some shockers.

chappy1970
4th August 2008, 08:27 PM
2 firsts for my round on Saturday in the Monthly Medal.

First game for 5 weeks (since #3 baby arrived) and first round with the RAC LT's that I picked up from Rick.

The Monthly Medal in the colder months is always a shot gun start and usually PAR to ensure that everyone gets through. Went out Square and came in 2 down for 2 DOWN overrall. I was really pleased with how I hit it considering my lay off and the new bats.

Also the CCR was 74 and par was 72 so no damage to the handicap.

Always a sign that you haven't had a hit for a while when the first 2 shots you hit on the 1st are cold tops, any way it picked up from there.

Chappy

snuffythewonderpilot
4th August 2008, 09:39 PM
saturday morning comp first day of a new membership at a new course did not know anybody thought at least i could show the guys that i could at least have a good hole here and there (well that was the theory) 125 later the worst round of golf i have had for about ten years i hate my life at the moment and to make matters worse am going away this weekend so no golf to redeem myself just the driving range at this stage if i am lucky.

AndyP
4th August 2008, 09:55 PM
Tough start, snuff. I hope you weren't trying to hit Driver on every hole around Nambour. You could survive around there hitting 3 woods off the tee.

Was that your first handicap card?

snuffythewonderpilot
5th August 2008, 07:00 PM
yes mate first hadicap card, did bring the driver out probably more times than i should have live and learn though. yes i think your right about the 3 wood unless you can drive consistantly straight you will always be in trouble around nambour but my god my legs hurt that night from the walk if not any thing else i will certainly be fit after a couple of rounds.

AndyP
5th August 2008, 07:34 PM
Yep, no course is too steep after playing Nambour. When I was playing Nambour regularly, my fitness in terms of walking golf courses was pretty high.

snuffythewonderpilot
5th August 2008, 07:52 PM
well one can only assume that if you stay ON the fairway you wont have to walk as steep a climb than if you strayed into the rough (me on evey hole)

PeteyD
5th August 2008, 07:54 PM
Nah it is all up and down the bloody hills there snuffy