PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Playstation 2

drunken
16th November 2004, 09:10 PM
My PS2 passed away quite noisely this afternoon. It's been on it's last legs for a month or two now. And it seems that it has finally decided to kick the bucket.

I guess all that's left now is to head to KMart in the morning & fork out $230 for a new one :roll:

Iain
16th November 2004, 09:33 PM
My PS2 passed away quite noisely this afternoon. It's been on it's last legs for a month or two now. And it seems that it has finally decided to kick the bucket.

I guess all that's left now is to head to KMart in the morning & fork out $230 for a new one :roll:

Are you going to get one of the new slim line ones??

drunken
16th November 2004, 09:38 PM
Are you going to get one of the new slim line ones??

Yeah I'd say so. They have the remote sensor & network card built in. And very very small 8)

amanda
17th November 2004, 08:00 AM
drunken - what tipped you off that the PS2 was dying? Game freezes?

AndyP
17th November 2004, 08:15 AM

I'm also a PS2 owner, although it probably doesn't get half the use that yours does.

What exactly happened? How old was it?

drunken
17th November 2004, 02:36 PM
Amanda - The fact that it won't ANY PS2 games, DVD's or Audio CD's tells me that the laser is gone. A quick twist of the screwdriver confirmed this...

AndyP - I've had it for three & a half years now so it's seen just a little bit of use.

A new laser is about $200 so I figured that I might as well buy a new one, which is being plugged in as we speak....... :lol: