PDA

View Full Version : My swing

ip13zr
1st August 2008, 01:14 PM
Here is a video of my swing from driving range a couple weeks ago. i still cant work out why i it the ball sweet at the range but not on the course???

Comments
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/0ld5kool/?action=view&current=16072008002.flv

Scottt
1st August 2008, 01:25 PM
Was that shot at Moore Park in Sydney?

ip13zr
1st August 2008, 01:34 PM
No. Marsden Park in Sydneys outer west

3oneday
1st August 2008, 02:18 PM
No water and trees and shit at a range ;)

Scottt
1st August 2008, 02:25 PM
No pressure to score well at the range and often no specific target either.

virge666
1st August 2008, 09:27 PM
You and me both Brother !

markTHEblake
1st August 2008, 09:28 PM
but at the range there are chicks watching?

3oneday
1st August 2008, 09:48 PM
Usually ugly ones.

markTHEblake
1st August 2008, 10:39 PM
Not here ;-)

ip13zr
8th August 2008, 02:02 PM
Yor right in saying that, Although i hit the ball straight at the range and slice 85% of my shots on the course???

Scottt
8th August 2008, 03:17 PM
Ahhh, you ashould have mentioned that before.

I have a fix for you: but a J Lindburg belt, you'll start hitting gorgeous little draws.

Minor_Threat
11th September 2008, 09:24 PM
What you will generally find at the range is you get into a routine of shot after shot after shot! At the range you should be working on your swing as well as your routine and use it on every shot! Also change targets (direction) every 2-3 shots..

Flowergirl
12th September 2008, 11:08 AM
What you will generally find at the range is you get into a routine of shot after shot after shot! At the range you should be working on your swing as well as your routine and use it on every shot! Also change targets (direction) every 2-3 shots..

I just figured this out!!!!!!!!!! I've been asking myself the same question and nicknamed myself "queen of the range". I do the right thing - hit shot after shot with 7 iron - get the swing in the groove - then drag out the driver and hit it beautifully!!!!!!!!! Get on the tee in a comp and tell myself to hit it like I do on the range. But of course I haven't hit all those 7 irons and have the swing fluid and smooth. So I try to rip the drive - and pull it like a school boy!!!!!!!!

So on Wednesday the penny dropped. Don't go at it at 100% - I dropped it back to 75% - and the result was some of the best driving I've ever done. Of course then the rest of the game followed. I really didn't let a drive rip until the 13th and did so without thinking.

So now when I practise I am going to simulate playing on the course and swap clubs and direction often.

Hope this helps you too.

Scottt
12th September 2008, 11:21 AM
During last weekend's biblical rain, I went to the range and had the place to myself. The owner told me to make myself at home and use as many balls as I wanted.

I found that I could swing deliberately slow. Like - r e a l l y b l o o d y s l o w - and the ball only landed about 4-5m behind where it landed when I swung myself out of my shoes.

Amazing.

sms316
12th September 2008, 11:30 AM
That is because on the range you can groove a rhythm which will mask swing problems. It's so much easier to keep a good rhythm when hitting a ball every 30 seconds than every 10 minutes.