PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on the course

Golfnut
31st July 2008, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone

Been reading the posts for a few days now so thought i'd join up....

Well I'm a sand gropper from down Fremantle way, i've been playing for about 16 months now, in most cases about once a week sometimes twice but usually only 9 holes to keep the peace.

Started playing with a set of hand-me-downs that cost me a carton (a set of Slazenger Firepower irons with XTC woods) struggled for about 8 months with the tiny woods and blade like irons, struggled to tee off well, the 1 wood is about the size of most peoples hybrids!!!. My brother gave me his old Wilson 350cc Ti Driver which made a massive difference to my driving and helped me to begin enjoying the game. By the start of this year I was having some success with the irons and even got the the point where I was scoring in the mid 90's regularly.

Had an opportunity about a months ago to do a contra deal with a guy that owned a golf shop for some new clubs....this was a rare chance for me get some new clubs cause $$$ are a bit tight and I know my wife would not normally let me spend up like this.....don't have a huge knowledge of clubs & shafts so I went in with an open mind and bascially went with what felt & hit nice. Ended up walking away with a Taylormade Burner 460 Driver and Burner 3 wood, Burner 3 hybrid (All reg flex), 4-PW Nike Sumo Irons (light weight steel shaft), Cleveland 56degree Wedge (the Nike S-wedge was terrible) and a Nike OSS cart bag. Kept my old Teardrop putter as I couldn't decide on a newy although I did like the Cleveland VP5.

Anyway, that's me, sorry if that was too much dribble for an intro thread.

Look forward to learning more about this great game from you all.

Scottt
31st July 2008, 12:23 PM
Welcome mate. Sounds like you've put together a nice bag.

Post well and post often!

AndyP
13th March 2010, 07:00 AM
Welcome Golfnut. Only one welcoming post seems a bit harsh. Or maybe you should have taken the hint back then?

Golfnut
6th April 2010, 10:03 PM
LOL.....after re-reading my intro post I can see why ;) The text just screamed "Bogan Hacker" with NFI.....come to think if it not much has changed :)