PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy brothers eBay store?

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 02:07 PM
Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

$260 delivery :shock:

Look at one of the last images, an office somewhere chock full of gear.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1519&item=7114464362&rd=1

amanda
16th November 2004, 02:23 PM
Hmmm... oem golf gear in China - yeah, sounds really legit!

3oneday
16th November 2004, 02:27 PM
$260 delivery, set of G2 irons just recently went for close to a grand, spectacular price, huge risk.

Forget the shipping, you are paying for the entire kit !!!,if you get em for $299 + shipping you've done well.

Look at the feedback, not big, mostly in Chinese and no longer registered ??? too suss to touch.

IMO anyway.

Pete

3oneday
16th November 2004, 02:37 PM
He also has some 690MB, beautiful looking sticks, same price, worth the risk, or will he pull the pin because he gets a shit price cause no one trusts him ??? mmmmm

Pete

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 02:56 PM
I think if you can decipher the return policy you get a free box of balls...

return policy: I offer a 5 days no risk inspection period. If You for any reason you are not satisfied with the products and or services you receive from us you can email me any time I will offer you the reply and consult with a reasonable resolve way contrapose different matters ASAP

davidp
16th November 2004, 03:06 PM
There is an option to pay by PayPal.

If you want to take the risk, pay by PayPal, using credit card funds. Even if it turns out to be a ripoff, you'll have two avenues for restitution: PayPal and the credit card company (or your bank).

I've been ripped off before (not through eBay) and because I used my credit card with PayPal, I got all my money bank (including shipping charges)

It's sounds a bit suss, but you will have credit card protection on your side.

markTHEblake
16th November 2004, 08:29 PM
Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

Seen a bunch of these deals lately, two that i remember were

$10,000 for a EVO8, free shipping in Aus. Emailed him to clarify the shipping and he tells me he is in England returning to USA and wants to get rid of it cheap.

Or the bulk order of 30 high end mobile phones, and offering COD terms. Emailed him and he said they are posted from greece, and required $2000 or whatever deposit.

BTW I only emailed them to see how good their con was. I aint as dumb as I am.

Both these guys seemed to be suggesting an off-ebay transaction. They didnt reply using the Ebay reply tool thingy. Both had 0 feedback and brand new users. Used AOL or the like email addresses, and by the time both had replied their Ebay ID and auction had been deleted. English was pretty good, so doubt they were Nigerians.
I am pretty confident however that its the same person or operation.

Was tempted to offer the Opera House as a trade.

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 09:38 PM
Were they terrorists?