PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know about dishwashers?

Johnny Canuck
27th July 2008, 04:46 PM
My dishwasher keeps tripping the main circuit breaker about 9-10 minutes into every cycle. It will run the pre-wash setting, but as soon as I run something longer, my power goes out.

Any ideas, suggestions that I might be able to try before having to spend some money on this?

My other dishwasher, my wife, is always tired from raising our twins, so it would help her immensely if I could get this fixed.

JC

terryand
27th July 2008, 04:51 PM
Call a sparky.

Terry.

3oneday
27th July 2008, 05:11 PM
JC,

This happened to us about 3 weeks ago, it's water leaking into one or two of the motors (something like that). Our rinse cycle worked but as soon as a wash went on the exact same thing happened.

Nothing funnier than coming home from the range and seeing the wife out in the rain with a brolly and a torch flicking the safety :lol:

We got a dishwasher guy (you don't need a sparky sorry Tezz ;)) to come out for a call out fee, he said they would have to take it away, minimum $350 to $400 and maybe fix it. Given we spent $300 on it last year, we said don't worry, a new one is under $700 !

Good luck, but try and get someone out for a callout first ;)

Fishman Dan
27th July 2008, 05:46 PM
How loaded up is your house? Turn off the TV before washing the dishes ;)

terryand
27th July 2008, 06:43 PM
We got a dishwasher guy (you don't need a sparky sorry Tezz ;))

Most dishwasher guys are sparkys 8-)

Terry.

PeteyD
27th July 2008, 06:57 PM
I think anyone that plays with the electrics would have to be.

3oneday
27th July 2008, 07:06 PM
Maybe he couldn't fit it on his card, alongside Washing Machine repairman, Dishwasher repairman etc etc ;)

terryand
27th July 2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe he couldn't fit it on his card, alongside Washing Machine repairman, Dishwasher repairman etc etc ;)

He probably doesn't put it on his card so you don't ask him to fix the power point while he's there :-s

More money in just doing appliance repairs. Guarantees no crawling around in ceilings or under houses :?

Terry.

3oneday
27th July 2008, 07:26 PM
True, but then cleaning out a dishwasher or washing machine wouldn't be that appealing either :lol:

terryand
27th July 2008, 07:28 PM
True, but then cleaning out a dishwasher or washing machine wouldn't be that appealing either :lol:

Better than what I have to clean out :shock:

Terry.

terryand
27th July 2008, 07:28 PM
Oops

markTHEblake
27th July 2008, 07:44 PM
do you bite your fingernails?

Johnny Canuck
27th July 2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks 3-1. I guess is stuffed, which means I can take it apart and have some fun before tossing it to the kerb.

Jarro
28th July 2008, 01:19 AM
We had the same trouble with ours recently.

I found out that by running it on the ECO setting that it worked fine.

PeteyD
28th July 2008, 07:24 AM
That would be the water heater playing up I would think Mark.

Johnny Canuck
28th July 2008, 11:32 AM
I've tried running it on all different settings and taken the temperature down as low as it will allow me. The only time it doesn't cut out is on the 8 minute pre-wash. If I run any other program, once it hits the 9th minute, which must be when the heat kicks in (?), boom boom, out go the lights.

dc68
28th July 2008, 11:58 AM
I used to be married to one that didn't work either. Get rid of it for a newer model.

Eag's
28th July 2008, 12:33 PM
I used to be married to one that didn't work either. Get rid of it for a newer model.

:lol: :smt038