PDA

View Full Version : Posting/Couriering Clubs

Craig_Syd
25th July 2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Folks,

I just purchased a standard length driver on ebay and the seller is saying that they can't send it via Aus Post cause it is too long. Anyone heard this before? If this is the case what is the safest and most cost effective way to get a driver from the Gold Coast to Sydney please?

virge666
25th July 2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Folks,

I just purchased a standard length driver on ebay and the seller is saying that they can't send it via Aus Post cause it is too long. Anyone heard this before? If this is the case what is the safest and most cost effective way to get a driver from the Gold Coast to Sydney please?

"Couriers Please"

google them !

markTHEblake
25th July 2008, 06:50 PM
So why did the nobhead put it on ebay if he cant sell it.

I'll send it to Sydney for you for $20 as long as he delivers it to me, or i can collect it conveniently. I generally hang out Northern end of the gold coast.

I have prepaid courier vouchers with Couriers Please. Virge has made a fine suggestion but you need to get around $150 of tickets first up.

Grunt
25th July 2008, 07:24 PM
Bus Freight is a good option too.

Craig_Syd
25th July 2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks Guys.... I have sent markTHEblake a PM to try and tee up his offer.

3oneday
25th July 2008, 07:46 PM
It should be up to the seller to organise it....

markTHEblake
25th July 2008, 07:51 PM
Well I understand that but as Craig will be paying for it anyway, my option is going to be cheaper, and happy to help an Ozgolfer.

Besides, as I have to prepay these vouchers in bulk and it takes me years to use em - its fiscally prudent to convert em to cash as often as i can!

3oneday
25th July 2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry, I meant the seller should be organising the sending and finding of an alternative method, at his cost !

Courty
25th July 2008, 08:50 PM
Besides, as I have to prepay these vouchers in bulk and it takes me years to use em

A Ho of your caliber should use 'em up in a few weeks. ;)

markTHEblake
25th July 2008, 08:56 PM
You are right, I have got more golf clubs in the corner of the room than you can poke a stick at, time for a Sale.

Craig_Syd
29th July 2008, 12:55 PM
I just have to go out of my way and say what a legend Mark has been helping me deal with what is frankly a pain in the ass ebay transaction. He has really been a great help, going out of his way to help me....
Thanks Heaps.

markTHEblake
29th July 2008, 05:47 PM
I just cant wait to try it out, am going to the range now.

Craig_Syd
29th July 2008, 05:59 PM
so was she as much of a biatch as she sounded?

talbo
29th July 2008, 09:00 PM
That's bullshit! I've had a driver sent Aust post express to me in Adelaide from Melbourne.... unless of course they've changed their policy in the last 2 months

3oneday
29th July 2008, 09:05 PM
Depends on what post office you use, I live in Western Sydney and none I know will accept them.

markTHEblake
29th July 2008, 09:18 PM
well she did'nt invite me in for tea, i have seen mormons get more time on a doorstep.

Not packed very well, there is something bouncing around inside the box - a tool maybe? I'll open it up from one end and pack that in properly.

The headcover is on the driver so the top end is bulging out. I could take it off but really - its better with it on. I'll whack a bit more tape around it.

markTHEblake
29th July 2008, 09:31 PM
A Taylor Made driver ? bloody better not be identical to the brand new one (yet superceded) I got for sale, sitting in the corner behind me.

addamsmith
29th July 2008, 10:01 PM
Hi Graig
I use for long parcels
Fast Way Couriers
His name is Mark 0402251747
They can give the seller a quote to send to you, I use him a lot and he is great.
I am going through the same thing I picked up a 3 wood for Glen here on ozgolf that he bought from ebay from a guy in Palm beach.Because it is over 105cm no post office wants to know about it. I am trying southport park in the morning because they are small office they may take it.
Let me know how you go, I may be able to pick it up and take it to the same office for you if this guy does not want to send it because of hassle to him.
Addam

OH Sorry Mark I just read you have picked it up
What a great guy he is

addamsmith
29th July 2008, 10:03 PM
That's bullshit! I've had a driver sent Aust post express to me in Adelaide from Melbourne.... unless of course they've changed their policy in the last 2 months
As from the 1st of July no parcel will be sent from australia post office that is longer in legth than 105cm
Courior companies will be loving this.

henno
29th July 2008, 10:04 PM
As from the 1st of July no parcel will be sent from australia post office that is longer in legth than 105cm
Courior companies will be loving this.

Funny. I sent a driver in a box measuring 125cm just today. No problems.

markTHEblake
29th July 2008, 10:06 PM
Hi Graig
I use for long parcels
Fast Way Couriers

I thought you had to buy a booklet of prepaid coupons from fastway and they have an expiry date - like 6 months?

Thats why i get mine from Couriers Please, they last for years!

addamsmith
29th July 2008, 10:09 PM
Funny. I sent a driver in a box measuring 125cm just today. No problems.

Hi Henno
I was talking to Glen and he said one of the members said ashmore and Southport park because they are smaller and privately owned.
Which post office did you send it from?

addamsmith
29th July 2008, 10:11 PM
I thought you had to buy a booklet of prepaid coupons from fastway and they have an expiry date - like 6 months?

Thats why i get mine from Couriers Please, they last for years!

Hi Mark
Fastways lets you pay as you need them but it is much cheaper if you have booklets.
I am sending the Bag for Scott tomorrow, It is costing $77.50 If I had a booklet it is $51.70

henno
29th July 2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Henno
I was talking to Glen and he said one of the members said ashmore and Southport park because they are smaller and privately owned. Ehich post office did you send it from?

It was my little local - Manly in Brisbane. Although I have also sent from another local at Wynnum West.

I guess that is the key - smaller, local branches.

addamsmith
29th July 2008, 10:32 PM
I think so mate,
I tried Bundall, Robina, Super Q, Mudgeraba and Burleigh with no luck.

Craig_Syd
30th July 2008, 07:04 AM
A Taylor Made driver ? bloody better not be identical to the brand new one (yet superceded) I got for sale, sitting in the corner behind me.
It's the SuperQuad. She said she was including the tool so I guess that's what is bouncing around. bThanks for helping me out.......

3oneday
30th July 2008, 07:09 AM
It's the SuperQuad.
I hope it's legit :lol:

Craig_Syd
30th July 2008, 09:41 AM
I hope it's legit :lol:
hahahahaha, btw the guy who purchased my x forged irons was stoked with them..... he did get an amazing bargain.

addamsmith
30th July 2008, 02:12 PM
Just incase anyone ever wants to send from Gold Coast
Nerang post office will take any club over 105cm but will only send it normal mail. They will not insure the item. I sent one off for glen today. They are great people down there.
Addam

markTHEblake
30th July 2008, 06:25 PM
Which Nerang post office? the one next to the Cinema or the one in the industrial area?

chappy1970
22nd September 2008, 04:12 PM
Trying to get a 3wd to Oncewasagolfer in Country Vic from Melbourne, Bloody Aussie Post will not accept them anymore.

Anyone have a voucher I can purchase off them or suggestions of who to use.

Chappy

Grunt
22nd September 2008, 04:15 PM
Chappy try Bus Freight, they are not too bad in price too

oncewasagolfer
22nd September 2008, 04:33 PM
Trying to get a 3wd to Oncewasagolfer in Country Vic from Melbourne, Bloody Aussie Post will not accept them anymore.

Anyone have a voucher I can purchase off them or suggestions of who to use.

Chappy

my local post office have said about the 105cm limit the last 3 times I have gone to send clubs off but luckily have still taken the club say 'this is the last time' hehe. I'll probably push my luck again;)

Dazza
22nd September 2008, 06:20 PM
my local post office have said about the 105cm limit the last 3 times I have gone to send clubs off but luckily have still taken the club say 'this is the last time' hehe. I'll probably push my luck again;)

They'll have your picture up in the post-office shortly.
"Do not accept packages from this person!" :smt036:smt036

adlo
22nd September 2008, 06:51 PM
Smart send couriers have been very easy to deal with for me.

prmeier
23rd September 2008, 08:58 AM
We used to have a business account with Aussie Post where they would come and collect post. That account would allow items over 105cms no probs. I think the smaller private PO's have the same deal. Have two of them in town and both take boxes over 105cms no probs.

chappy1970
23rd September 2008, 01:26 PM
Found a mob to send the club for $25.

I called Fast Way and they were super helpful, just a little too pricey unless you buy a swag of vouchers. Price went from $45-$50 down to $15 with a voucher. I need to buy 20 vouchers though, just didn't make economic sense in this case.

If the VIC Ozgolf stocks grow and more golf gear is bought and sold, it might be an idea to chip in and buy a book of vouchers. Any VIC people can just use them as we go.

paulyboy
23rd September 2008, 08:43 PM
In Melbourne my experience has been the opposite.
Smaller privately run post offices police the size limitations like crazy.
The big one in Port Melbourne will take anything, I always assume just because they are paid employees and couldn't give a toss.
I also find generally if you wangle it so you get a bloke (sexist I know) that you have a better chance.

adlo
23rd September 2008, 09:38 PM
Smart send courier a club from West to East for $20-25 so surely they'd be cheap up and down the east coast?

You get a 10% discount with an Ebay ID. Doesn't even matter if the item was sold on the bay.

oncewasagolfer
23rd September 2008, 09:45 PM
Found a mob to send the club for $25.

that sux m8 only cost me $7.70 to send the club to you through auspost had to buy a couple of pens I didn't want to be able to use efpos as they have a $10 limit hehe.

BrisVegas
24th September 2008, 08:50 AM

which post office do you use?

oncewasagolfer
24th September 2008, 10:39 AM
maryborough

gregh
24th September 2008, 04:08 PM
pack and send will send it ,very well priced to ,recently sent a driver from bris to mackay for $25 express

3oneday
24th September 2008, 06:10 PM
Pack & send were pricey interstate, maybe they are ok intrastate.