PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help. Is this Legit?

Craig_Syd
25th July 2008, 10:01 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190238920052&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

My mate purchased it yesterday... Do you think it is a genuine club?

Regards,

Craig

Johnny Canuck
25th July 2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Craig,

I'll let some of the true "experts" around here comment as well, but in looking at things, the shop has moved a lot of gear and never had its authenticity questioned at all. I would say it is genuine. It also comes with the wrench and headcover, which is a good sign.

Andrew
25th July 2008, 10:40 AM
Hi Craig,

I'll let some of the true "experts" around here comment as well, but in looking at things, the shop has moved a lot of gear and never had its authenticity questioned at all. I would say it is genuine. It also comes with the wrench and headcover, which is a good sign.

Hey, if you are buying a wench with a headcover, maybe she is not as good looking as she could be.

Oh, hang on...... you said wrench. My bad!

3oneday
25th July 2008, 10:44 AM
My guess is yes... if it turns up with that headcover and not a generic one.

It's still only a guess though, but usually the knockoffs aren't sealed in plastic the same way as the proper ones ;)

markTHEblake
25th July 2008, 11:22 AM
I would doubt that a Chinese rip off merchant could spell that good and be capable of getting themselves a .com.au domain or an AU bank account

3oneday
25th July 2008, 11:24 AM
But you don't have to be Chinese to sell knockoffs ?

markTHEblake
25th July 2008, 11:50 AM
I know, but its the vibe. So many little details on that auction page that just smell legitimate trader.

3oneday
25th July 2008, 12:09 PM
Yep, sorry, I see what you mean...

There is a guy on ebay Aussie selling G10 and Ft-5 drivers, compare the listings and you will sense the differences. One is out for a quick buck and one displays the professionalism of a shop.

Not every club on ebay is fake and, nothing personal Craig, but this is the fear being generated by pro shops, golf mags and gold shops as a protection mechanism for the "legit" retailers.

Craig_Syd
25th July 2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks Guys,

Club arrived and looks great.....